Author Topic: [GB]KBDfans 5° 60% aluminum case ---All orders are shipped  (Read 79336 times)

Offline Rumblehotep

Re: [GB]KBDfans 5° 60% aluminum case
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 18:14:23 »
any photo?
This is the same case (dark blue):
inside
184053-0
outside
184055-1

Offline madn3ss795

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 01:11:03 »
KBParadise v60 doesn't work ((uses similar screw outs to Poker2)) The board uses 3 of the screw placement top is not secure at all. The top ((assuming due to post)) shorts allowing multiple number keys to be pressed with a sing press when using the numbers at the top.

GK64 Doesn't fit at all plate is to wide. The screw outs are not the same. I am pretty dis pointed in this as I asked before joining if it would fit the answer was yes. I had my doubts and worries seems they where founded.

Any pics of GK64? Can't you secure the PCB to the case first then put plate/switch on later since the PCB supports hotswap?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 01:29:33 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 December 2017, 01:51:46 by GreyAmbience »

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 02:41:58 »
KBParadise v60 doesn't work ((uses similar screw outs to Poker2)) The board uses 3 of the screw placement top is not secure at all. The top ((assuming due to post)) shorts allowing multiple number keys to be pressed with a sing press when using the numbers at the top.

GK64 Doesn't fit at all plate is to wide. The screw outs are not the same. I am pretty dis pointed in this as I asked before joining if it would fit the answer was yes. I had my doubts and worries seems they where founded.

Any pics of GK64? Can't you secure the PCB to the case first then put plate/switch on later since the PCB supports hotswap?

No pictures sadly. The plate it's self was far to large to be used in the case in general. The plate would need to be sanded down on all 4 sides. I thought about going san's plate then noticed that several of the switches hot swap connectors.. would have rested on screw down post. Making it unstable if I could even get it screwed in to start with. The nice thing about the GK64 is it does have PCB mount holes for switches.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 03:07:39 »
any photo?
This is the same case (dark blue):
inside
(Attachment Link)
outside
(Attachment Link)

lol seems 2 totally different colors on different lights

Offline Sputnik

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 13:18:18 »
  • Pok3r pcb doesn't fit if it has USB-C. (according to KBDfans)
  • Anne Pro will only align on two screw holes. (according to commenter Ti)
  • GH60 fits, but has a problem with one of the posts, apparently? (Frustrating, since it was one explicitly stated as being compatible. Is it something that can be solved by shaving off one post or what?)
  • DZ60 with MiniUSB should work (but then again, we've seen that just because KBD advertises compatibility doesn't mean it's going to be perfect).
  • Banana Split fits with four internal posts matching up, but three other posts will touch the PCB in other places and the outermost edge holes don't line up enough.(Thank you dodgeyhack)
  • Alps64 fits. (Thank you Applet and tron)
  • NERD Gon60 fits. (Thank you TalkingTree)
  • Zeal60 fits (Thank you AuDiTH)
  • KBT Pure PCB fits perfectly on all six holes.

(updating because I just put my Pure PCB in out of impatience. Love it.)

Hey Mogo, it seems that the BananaSplit60 R2 fits, even with that USB C connector (take a look at the last posts at this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92342.50 )
....Update the list.... ;)

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 14:22:51 »
  • Pok3r PCB with Mini-USB fits (Thank you /r/theeguyver)
    • Pok3r PLATE does not fit well, it is wider than most plates. You can get it in, but will probably scrape the insides of the case. You should consider buying a different plate, desoldering your board, and swapping out the stock plate.(see this comment)
  • GH60 fits, but has a problem with one of the posts, apparently? (Need clarification)
  • DZ60 with MiniUSB should work (KBDfans advertises compatibility on the case's sale page. Example from /r/ptiede).
  • Banana Split fits with four internal posts matching up, but three other posts will touch the PCB in other places and the outermost edge holes don't line up enough.(Thank you dodgeyhack)
  • Banana Split R2 with USB-C fits (Thank you Arhipio)
  • Liang 6+ GK6x / DF64RGB fits (Thank you GreyAmbience)
    • GK64 fits, but you may want to insulate a couple posts. (Thank you madn3ss795)
  • XD75 fits (Thanks to /r/AmazingInvader)

edited: added caveat for pok3r plate.
2: adding more from reddit
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 December 2017, 09:43:16 by mogo »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 17:53:03 »
  • GH60 fits, but has a problem with one of the posts, apparently? (Frustrating, since it was one explicitly stated as being compatible. Is it something that can be solved by shaving off one post or what?)
  • DZ60 with MiniUSB should work (but then again, we've seen that just because KBD advertises compatibility doesn't mean it's going to be perfect).

I'm kinda curious about the GK61 from GreyAmbience.  By any chance you tried to put in the stock plate of the igk61 too? 

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 03:02:37 »
Pok3r 3 white plate with USB Mini will not fit a 5 degree case. I just tested it with mine. I ended up scratching the sides of the case. Its a extremely tight fit that won't allow one side to sit flush completely. Getting really frustrated with this case because it doesn't seem to fit anything except a few random boards. Not the quality I would expect from KBDfans. Special not after getting my KBD75

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 03:11:51 »
Pok3r 3 white plate with USB Mini will not fit a 5 degree case. I just tested it with mine. I ended up scratching the sides of the case. Its a extremely tight fit that won't allow one side to sit flush completely. Getting really frustrated with this case because it doesn't seem to fit anything except a few random boards. Not the quality I would expect from KBDfans. Special not after getting my KBD75

As has been discussed previously, the Pok3r has a wider than standard plate. It also won’t fit in sentraq cases for the same reason. I’m pretty sure any aftermarket plate would work fine.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 05:51:12 »

Not sure who you asked but the PCB is supposed to work, not the plate, i'm pretty sure no one would guarantee that a plate works until it is manually tested.

Also for the "FEW", to be honest any standard plate/universal plate will fit since that case should have the standard footprints of 60% Keyboards, when you see a plate that doesn't fit is because that one it isn't a standard one (e.g. it will be wider on 2 or 4 of the edges).   

On a side note, if you wanted to move the whole pcb+switch+plate inside that case, filing it on the larger edges could be the only way. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2017, 05:54:07 by KaosJ »

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 14:43:39 »
Got mine tho~

5o Case x GMK Yuri x Cherry OG Alphas184133-0

Offline mogo

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 14:50:19 »
Got mine tho~

5o Case x GMK Yuri x Cherry OG Alphas (Attachment Link)

The winkey blocks look amazing. What PCB and plate did you use?

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 15:15:50 »
Got mine tho~

5o Case x GMK Yuri x Cherry OG Alphas (Attachment Link)

The winkey blocks look amazing. What PCB and plate did you use?

Yes! the blockers looks so dang nice hahahah .. that's xd60 and allu plate

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 15:17:55 »
My red case is in NYC customs... I'm guessing I'll have it by the end of the week!
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 22:14:54 »
Is it Fjell dark purple? Saw the dark was up to order on their site now.

I'll have purple klippe and dark purple 5deg in a few days. I'll take side by sides :D.

More Here: https://imgur.com/a/NoOY5

It's certainly more silver/lavender, but it still looks very nice. While the color may not be quite as nice, the overall machine quality is fantastic. At least with a Zeal60, all but one of the extra standoffs are actually on screw points on the pcb, so if you can find a plate with all the holes, you can actually add a few extra screws, but even without that, they serve the same purposes as the notches as the top and bottom of the klippe, so I'd say it should be more or less just as stable.

The 5deg is also a good bit lighter than the Klippe (around half a pound) so I imagine the acoustics wont be quite as good, but that more has to do with the design and angle. I also imagine the reduced mass helps with costs.

All that said, I still greatly prefer the LOOKS of the Klippe, BUT I can't really argue that the 5deg is a substantially better value with very little compromise. I'm kinda tempted to get another purple one just to see how the next batch turns out, but probably not for now, so many other things coming soon :D.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 December 2017, 01:15:32 by Amnesia »

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 02:37:15 »
I almost ordered a Klippe but as nice as they are I couldn't force myself to pull the trigger after having bought be Tina and 5° for the equivalent price.

I must say I do prefer the colour of the 5° too
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 03:14:17 »
I almost ordered a Klippe but as nice as they are I couldn't force myself to pull the trigger after having bought be Tina and 5° for the equivalent price.

I must say I do prefer the colour of the 5° too

The Klippe is fairly close to DY purple. Slightly off, but very close:

I actually prefer the 5Deg shade, I just wish it was more saturated. I like vibrant colored stuff.

That’s why I’m currious how the next batch will look. I suspect the dark prototype and these are the same color, it just ended up less saturated this batch. So perhaps the next will be more my style.

Regardless, I’m not trying to complain about the 5Deg at all. It is a BETTER value by quite a lot. It’s just a bit too aggressive/angular for me. Still easy to recommend to anyone who likes the look.

Offline madn3ss795

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:16:55 »
Here's a red one. I'm quite impressed with the anodizing quality for the price.

Also received blue, purple, cyan and black if anybody need pics.

Just tested the case with a GK64 PCB, and the two mounts near the upper edge of the case touch components on the PCB slightly, so it's best to cover these 2 mounts with electrical tape and don't screw the other mounts in too tight. Otherwise it's a good fit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:19:11 by madn3ss795 »

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 10:22:31 »

Offline mogo

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 12:30:41 »
You beat me to the post. Good god that looks amazing.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 12:31:25 »
They've got so much cool stuff coming out, really on fire at the moment

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:52:51 »
 :p

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 06:46:48 »
Mine's waiting for me at home, finally cleared customs  :))

In the meantime, just seen this on r/MK - great use of the blockers!

Offline mogo

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 10:39:11 »
Wow! Brilliant!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 13:36:07 »
Got mine, it's so nice!

Sadly won't be able to use the blockers unless I drill my Alps64 PCb (undecided...), but the case is great - my custom brass plate just fits inside, which is a relief  :))

Also, I cannot photograph the colour properly, at least on an iPhone, in any light it just doesn't capture it truly.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 13:47:12 »
Got mine, it's so nice!
unless I drill my Alps64 PCb (undecided...)

Just DON'T! 

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 17:02:12 »
Mine's waiting for me at home, finally cleared customs  :))

Show Image

Do you have the reddit link? I didn't even know you could work arrow keys into a 60 form factor only 65... this changes bunches of plans

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 17:18:10 »

Do you have the reddit link? I didn't even know you could work arrow keys into a 60 form factor only 65... this changes bunches of plans

Sure thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7jqmz3/gk64_x_5_with_nice_coffee/

Just DON'T! 

I probably won't, all things considered it's probably not worth the risk.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 17:29:06 »
Are the blockers available stand alone?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 03:52:17 »
Sure, they can sell you mine for they weren't in the box.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline uaix

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 12:03:48 »
Just got my diamond case, and tried to fit Alps64 in it. It fits but there are 2 diodes which are interfering with 2 top mounting holes.  Diodes D47 and D77 must be mounted as through hole diodes and soldered on top of pcb.

Aslo, finished board pics https://imgur.com/a/8IJNq
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 December 2017, 17:12:04 by uaix »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 12:23:28 »
I got mine yesterday.

GH60 Satan (Rev CN) fits without hitting anything. These are the cheap ones from ebay/ali
SPRiT faceW fits without issue
GH60 Rev C from techkeys did not work because of the diode (as others had mentioned previously)
Gon NERD 60 fits without issue

The case is really nice.  I have to say that I prefer DSA on this low angle boards, but to each his own.

184996-0

Offline macken

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 12:58:27 »

Show Image

That's the exact layout I'm gonna go with when I get my case and Laser caps. Never liked the blockers before I saw this one.

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 21:50:31 »
I got mine with the silver finish yesterday.  I've got to agree that it looks best with low-profile and non-sculpted keycaps like DSA.  It probably would look good with a G20 set.

http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/keeb/Zo64-18.jpg

I put IBM style 1-inch cork pads on the bottom of mine instead of the chintzy little rubber feet it came with.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #285 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 22:47:21 »
I got mine with the silver finish yesterday.  I've got to agree that it looks best with low-profile and non-sculpted keycaps like DSA.  It probably would look good with a G20 set.

Show Image

http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/keeb/Zo64-18.jpg

I put IBM style 1-inch cork pads on the bottom of mine instead of the chintzy little rubber feet it came with.

Ooh, the purple and orange.  Nice.  I’m going to get drifter for my other case.  I think the theme would work perfectly

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 07:53:45 »
Ooh, the purple and orange.  Nice.  I’m going to get drifter for my other case.  I think the theme would work perfectly

Purple and orange wasn't my choice; they came with a keyboard that I snagged off eBay.  It is sort of growing on me, though!

Also…  The screws that came with the 5° are very tiny and short.  At first I tried to re-use the screws from another case, but that didn't work, and if I had tried to force them I think I could easily have ruined the standoffs.  Use the screws it comes with!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #287 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 09:54:14 »
Sure, they can sell you mine for they weren't in the box.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 15:48:29 »
Any recommendations for a non QMK PCB that goes smooth in the case?

Offline mogo

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 16:23:32 »
    • Pok3r PLATE does not fit well, it is wider than most plates. You can get it in, but will probably scrape the insides of the case. You should consider buying a different plate, desoldering your board, and swapping out the stock plate.(see this comment)
  • GH60 fits, but has a problem with one of the posts. Addendum: GH60 Rev C from techkeys did not work because of a diode in the wrong place (thank you reececonrad)
  • GH60 Satan (Rev CN) fits. (Thank you again reececonrad)
  • DZ60 with MiniUSB should work (KBDfans advertises compatibility on the case's sale page. Example from /r/ptiede).
  • NERD Gon60 fits. (Thank you TalkingTree and reececonrad)
    • GK64 fits, but you may want to insulate a couple posts. (Thank you madn3ss795)
  • SPRiT faceW fits. (thank you reececonrad)
  • xd60 fits. (thank you ioioioio)

I've got a pretty good list going of reported/observed pcbs that fit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 16:26:18 by mogo »

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 16:49:56 »
  • GH60 fits, but has a problem with one of the posts. Addendum: GH60 Rev C from techkeys did not work because of a diode in the wrong place (thank you reececonrad)
  • GH60 Satan (Rev CN) fits. (Thank you again reececonrad)
  • NERD Gon60 fits. (Thank you TalkingTree and reececonrad)
  • SPRiT faceW fits. (thank you reececonrad)
  • xd60 fits. (thank you ioioioio)

I've got a pretty good list going of reported/observed pcbs that fit.

I can confirm DZ60 fits.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 09:43:59 »
Awesome THANKS! :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:29:05 »
What's the cheapest available to buy 60% that'll fit properly in this case?

I'm still disappointed the GH60 is not a drop in fit, my 5° case has been sitting in the shipping box with nothing to go in it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:44:44 »

I'm still disappointed the GH60 is not a drop in fit, my 5° case has been sitting in the shipping box with nothing to go in it.

Assuming you mean PCB only, probably the DZ60. The b.face should be similarly priced too. Mechanicalkeyboards and Sentraq also have readily available options (FaceW and S60X PCB), but they will cost you a bit more. I'd wager the Sentraq PCB fits, but as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 22:36:20 »

Assuming you mean PCB only, probably the DZ60. The b.face should be similarly priced too. Mechanicalkeyboards and Sentraq also have readily available options (FaceW and S60X PCB), but they will cost you a bit more. I'd wager the Sentraq PCB fits, but as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Yes I meant 60% PCB. : thumb:

Thanks for the info.

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 22:54:01 »
I don't know if anyone else has observed, but the 5° case has been revised since it first came out.  I got one of the original pre-order cases, and it had 9 standoffs with screws.  I got two later ones that each have the standard 6 standoffs, but they've added three "ledge" supports around the edge of the case.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 22:57:58 »

I don't know if anyone else has observed, but the 5° case has been revised since it first came out.  I got one of the original pre-order cases, and it had 9 standoffs with screws.  I got two later ones that each have the standard 6 standoffs, but they've added three "ledge" supports around the edge of the case.

Does that mean the newer revision is more compatible??

I feel even more ripped off now.... :(

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 00:37:05 »

Does that mean the newer revision is more compatible??

I feel even more ripped off now.... :(

I wasn't exactly thrilled with my preorder either!! after finally getting something to fit into it turns out... Three of the mount points out of 6 are stripped.. the screws don't like to fit properly.

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 06:35:19 »
my preorder case (dark grey) has only 6 standoffs and those little support ledges so I don't know what's going on here
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 19:36:40 »

Purple and orange wasn't my choice; they came with a keyboard that I snagged off eBay.  It is sort of growing on me, though!

Also…  The screws that came with the 5° are very tiny and short.  At first I tried to re-use the screws from another case, but that didn't work, and if I had tried to force them I think I could easily have ruined the standoffs.  Use the screws it comes with!

No way. Did they come off of a Filco Majestouch 2 with heavy modifications??