Author Topic: Post your Apple M0116 Serial No. and switch type here! (Orange or Salmon Alps)  (Read 25048 times)

Offline Floofs

So I've recently been looking for an Apple M0116 for myself and would rather get the Alps SKCM Orange but the keyboard came with salmon as well. I've been told that there is no way to tell which it has besides pulling a keycap. I've noticed, though, that there is a trend where the higher serial numbers have Salmon and the lower serial numbers have Orange.

My plan is to collect some data and see if that always holds true or if there even really is a trend at all. We may be able to narrow down where the change happens as well. This would help when trying to buy on ebay since most sellers don't post pics of the switches. If this has already been tried, please let me know!

If you have this keyboard or can find some serial number and switch pairs please post them here!

So far we have:

Orange       Salmon
213304      989857
232104      996776
386789      1022895
405319      1028746
407613      1047381
483218      1117093
532773      1126762
590887      1173389
619423      1355545
621848      1356538
624846      1419309
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 December 2017, 10:40:06 by Floofs »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Orange:
G 407613

Salmon:
-Dana

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
From the Deskthority wiki:

M0116: Unreadable, but appears to be 386789: made in USA, orange Alps with no logo, ca. 1987

M0118: AL13910SM0117Z, salmon
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline Floofs

Thank y'all!

From the Deskthority wiki:

M0116: Unreadable, but appears to be 386789: made in USA, orange Alps with no logo, ca. 1987

Yeah I couldn't quite make out what that was, but we at least are sure that it's only 6 digits!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
624846 orange
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Floofs

624846 orange

Thanks! Looks like we're getting way more orange than salmon so far. Also wanted to say thanks for your videos. They are great and the main reason I got into vintage boards.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
624846 orange

Thanks! Looks like we're getting way more orange than salmon so far. Also wanted to say thanks for your videos. They are great and the main reason I got into vintage boards.
Thank you, glad you're enjoying them :D .

I did have a salmon one at one point, but I don't have the serial off of that one anymore.

Offline tron

Orange Alps
M0116

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
What about Apple M0312? Aren't they even less common? I have one, but I'm not going to tell you what kind of switches it has until I know you're interested in it.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Floofs

What about Apple M0312? Aren't they even less common? I have one, but I'm not going to tell you what kind of switches it has until I know you're interested in it.

Well the point of this is to gather enough data about the M0116 that we could say with relative confidence that serial numbers 0-935483 have orange alps and 1022895+ (just an example) have salmon alps. But maybe that would be beneficial for the M0312 too? Idk the wiki seems to have a lot more info on the AEKII.

Either way I'd love to hear about your keyboard  ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 11:43:51 by Floofs »

Offline Floofs

Keep 'em coming! I'll try to keep going through old for-sale posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline Floofs

Found a couple more that have been added to the list! The one I got on eBay was Orange Alps and was 619423. They feel amazing! A great experience for first time Alps user. Now to figure out this Teensy 2.0 Converter stuff...

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
Mine has Salmons and is reasonably clean.

Unfortunately I think when it was in storage something really heavy was sitting on the keys for a long time and bent the tactile leafs out of shape. Thus every switch feels pretty much linear.

I tried bending the leafs back into shape but this is hard to do consistently and I don't have the patience. Some day I might swap the leafs from Matias into them.

Offline Floofs

Unfortunately I think when it was in storage something really heavy was sitting on the keys for a long time and bent the tactile leafs out of shape. Thus every switch feels pretty much linear.

I tried bending the leafs back into shape but this is hard to do consistently and I don't have the patience. Some day I might swap the leafs from Matias into them.

Aww that's a bummer.. Mine is actually really light too so I'm wondering if replacing the leaves would help. When you get a chance take a look at the bottom and post that serial number!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
My M0116:

Alps Salmon

Edit: Seems like the lowest salmon SN here.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Floofs

My M0116:

Alps Salmon

Yeah!! Wow really helpful. Thanks!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
My M0116:

Alps Salmon

Yeah!! Wow really helpful. Thanks!

It seems like your SN theory is largely correct. Maybe the line is drawn somewhere in the 900000 range?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Floofs

Orange:
G 407613

Salmon:
I just noticed that your orange one had a "G" at the front. I have yet to see another M0116 with a letter in the serial number!

Offline Floofs

It seems like your SN theory is largely correct. Maybe the line is drawn somewhere in the 900000 range?

Yeah if we're correct that there's a definitive point where it switches from Orange to Salmon than we've narrowed it down to somewhere between 935483 and 989857. Which I think is pretty great progress already. I was wondering if they did it right at the 1,000,000 mark, but yours seems to prove otherwise.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 10:30:09 by Floofs »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
This really surprises me, I have had maybe 10 of these, although not anymore, and I had thought that the change-over from orange to salmon came at about 500K-600K.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Rinsaku

• lorem ipsum
I got a salmon... SN 1028746.
Current Boards : Apple m0116 (Salmon Alps), B.Face (Mx Clears), Filco Tkl (Mx Blues), HHKB Pro JP (Topre), Jd45 (78g Zealios), KBParadise v60 (Gateron Yellows), KBParadise v60 (Matias Quiet Click), Kbt Pure (Kailh Bronze), Leopold FC660M (Mx Browns), Minidox (Mod-H), Pok3r (62g Zealios)

Offline macguy80

But maybe that would be beneficial for the M0312 too?

I, for one, would love to see a similar thread for the AEKII (M0312/M3501)

Idk the wiki seems to have a lot more info on the AEKII.

Yes, but the available info leaves a lot of room for ambiguity. In my opinion, I find the damped cream MUCH more enjoyable than the later damped white switches. The damped white switches seem louder and not as smooth to me. I used to think it was easy: 1990 = cream and 1995 = white.

But no. The wiki says white damped keyboards can be either 1990 or 1995, if the country of manufacture is USA. And that doesn't even take the 1990 Salmons into account.

For that reason, I think such an AEKII thread would be useful, for the same goal that this thread has.

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
This is the first thread I've seen (lately, anyway) where someone has tried to gather data empirically. I am glad that someone understands!
Bore Awards

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
I have 3 M0116's

2 Orange:

1 Salmon:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.

Offline Floofs

2 Orange:
whaaaaa?

I hope he hit the zero an extra time... lol is it ruined??? That is also the highest serial number we've collected. Is it possible they went back to the Orange Alps after switching to Salmon? We need a lot more data I'd say

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
Yea /shrug got those two oranges from a wholesaler on taobao.  I can post up some pictures of the unit(s) later if y'all like.

Offline Floofs

Yea /shrug got those two oranges from a wholesaler on taobao.  I can post up some pictures of the unit(s) later if y'all like.
Yeah pics would be good. It'd be good to document especially the one that falls out of line with the trend

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
Perhaps salmon was a limited run bookended by oranges?

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
Yeah pics would be good. It'd be good to document especially the one that falls out of line with the trend

Welp I had to get a bit creative cause I couldn't find a handheld mirror.  Ended up using a pair of sunglasses.

SN Shot:

Front shot:

?Proof shot?:

I made a small album of the three here: https://imgur.com/a/14euW

I didn't take a pic of my other keebs cause I was lazy.

Offline Floofs

Welp I had to get a bit creative cause I couldn't find a handheld mirror.  Ended up using a pair of sunglasses.

SN Shot:
Show Image

Front shot:
Show Image

?Proof shot?:
Show Image

Hahaha I didn't realize you would have to get the switches and serial number in the same shot. I applaud the effort

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.

SN Shot:
Show Image

Front shot:
Show Image

?Proof shot?:
Show Image

Were you the only owner of that keyboard?

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
No way for me to know like I said I bought them from a wholesaler.  I suppose it's possible someone went in and swapped the salmons for oranges or something like that but the reseller certainly wouldn't be doing that.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
No way for me to know like I said I bought them from a wholesaler.  I suppose it's possible someone went in and swapped the salmons for oranges or something like that but the reseller certainly wouldn't be doing that.
I was thinking manufacturer refurbish maybe, so a swapped case, or maybe someone else swapped the case for a less yellowed one or something.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am

Well the point of this is to gather enough data about the M0116 that we could say with relative confidence that serial numbers 0-935483 have orange alps and 1022895+ (just an example) have salmon alps. But maybe that would be beneficial for the M0312 too? Idk the wiki seems to have a lot more info on the AEKII... Either way I'd love to hear about your keyboard  ;)

Yes, but the available info leaves a lot of room for ambiguity. In my opinion, I find the damped cream MUCH more enjoyable than the later damped white switches. The damped white switches seem louder and not as smooth to me. I used to think it was easy: 1990 = cream and 1995 = white.

But no. The wiki says white damped keyboards can be either 1990 or 1995, if the country of manufacture is USA. And that doesn't even take the 1990 Salmons into account.

For that reason, I think such an AEKII thread would be useful, for the same goal that this thread has.

Thanks for your responses. For what it's worth, my M0312 (1995, s/n AP4362AC) has damped Whites. I don't expect anyone to remember that, but you know how hard it is for keeb geeks like us to resist going into detail.  :?)

What wiki are you referring to, BTW? Is GH's wiki being revived? Or are you referring to Deskthority's, or someone else's? Seems to me you'd be discussing this there, if so.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
I was thinking manufacturer refurbish maybe, so a swapped case, or maybe someone else swapped the case for a less yellowed one or something.

Swapped case seems likely. I would guess that this whole seller buys in untested/not-working boards in bulk  and then Frankensteins them together. That doesn't mean the board is lesser in any way -- you get the best of both worlds at the cost of an all original board.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Theres always going to be an anomaly or two but I think this is a pretty decent start at making a hypothesis about the s/n being relative to its switch type.
-Dana

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Theres always going to be an anomaly or two but I think this is a pretty decent start at making a hypothesis about the s/n being relative to its switch type.

it's generally common knowledge that lower numbers are more likely to have orange ALPS

i forget exactly what the cutoff is, but i've definitely heard this before
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline macguy80

Thanks for your responses. For what it's worth, my M0312 (1995, s/n AP4362AC) has damped Whites. I don't expect anyone to remember that, but you know how hard it is for keeb geeks like us to resist going into detail.  :?)

What wiki are you referring to, BTW? Is GH's wiki being revived? Or are you referring to Deskthority's, or someone else's? Seems to me you'd be discussing this there, if so.

When Floofs said "the wiki" I assumed that to mean Deskthority's, as it's the only keyboard-centric wiki that I know of (in current operation.) I've never discussed it there because the (excellent) idea for a SN thread originated here, and the idea never occurred to me personally, though I am happy to contribute data as soon as I can confirm it. My keypuller has gone missing.

Offline Floofs

Well the point of this is to gather enough data about the M0116 that we could say with relative confidence that serial numbers 0-935483 have orange alps and 1022895+ (just an example) have salmon alps. But maybe that would be beneficial for the M0312 too? Idk the wiki seems to have a lot more info on the AEKII... Either way I'd love to hear about your keyboard  ;)

I was talking about the deskthority wiki, so I guess I should've started a thread there too lol I have an account, but just seemed to like this place better

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 09:45:28 by Floofs »

Offline Floofs

it's generally common knowledge that lower numbers are more likely to have orange ALPS

i forget exactly what the cutoff is, but i've definitely heard this before

From what research I did on the topic a few people mentioned that it was more likely that if you got a lower sn you'd get orange, but there wasn't much certainty and there wasn't a range of serial numbers to look for

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 09:45:39 by Floofs »

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle

Firstly, those are the copyright dates from the label on the back. It's extremely rare for anyone to attempt to gather proper empirical evidence for product and variant timeframes. That's what Keycombo was created for, but very few people seem to understand what I was trying to do.

If you look at the examples on the AEKII page, only one—the Mitsumi example—depicts an actual manufacturing date of anything (1991-08-23 I assume).

Secondly, the Deskthority wiki doesn't require anyone to beg permission to edit it: if you have more data, add it. It doesn't write itself. If you doubt the accuracy of what's on the wiki, gather up more accurate data and correct the offending pages. Be sure to include photos or references to prove your assertions so that, this time around, there will be no doubt.
Bore Awards

Offline Floofs

Firstly, those are the copyright dates from the label on the back. It's extremely rare for anyone to attempt to gather proper empirical evidence for product and variant timeframes. That's what Keycombo was created for, but very few people seem to understand what I was trying to do.

If you look at the examples on the AEKII page, only one—the Mitsumi example—depicts an actual manufacturing date of anything (1991-08-23 I assume).

Secondly, the Deskthority wiki doesn't require anyone to beg permission to edit it: if you have more data, add it. It doesn't write itself. If you doubt the accuracy of what's on the wiki, gather up more accurate data and correct the offending pages. Be sure to include photos or references to prove your assertions so that, this time around, there will be no doubt.
Woah I haven't come across Keycombo before. That's really cool! I'll take a closer look at it this afternoon

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 09:46:39 by Floofs »

Offline macguy80

Actually, I am physically disabled, and lack the physical ability to disassemble the keyboard to provide photographic proof based on internals. Keycap removal is about as far as I can go, and even that is difficult. I wasn't talking about adding anything to the wiki. The data addition I was referring to was another serial number and switch type for this thread! ;)

Offline Kachangputay

Thank you for this. i just purchased an m0116 off ebay with the serial number 574966 with hopes that it's an orange! will confirm here when i receive the board!

Offline Floofs

Do y'all think I should mark this one as unsure or just leave it as is?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder

Give
Throw a tentative (?) next to it. Something about it smells fishy.
Maybe there are some markings on the PCB that will prove the cases-swap-theory?

Offline Floofs

Thank you for this. i just purchased an m0116 off ebay with the serial number 574966 with hopes that it's an orange! will confirm here when i receive the board!
I hope it helps you out! I'll be rootin for ya. However, I have heard that the Salmons are quite nice as well. And if you end up getting Salmon then you have a good excuse to buy another one and you'll have 2!

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta

Give

I'm not sure markings on the pcb would 'prove' anything but you're welcome to do what you like with the information just trying to pitch in with some contribution if I can.

Offline Floofs

Give

I'm not sure markings on the pcb would 'prove' anything but you're welcome to do what you like with the information just trying to pitch in with some contribution if I can.
Well there might be a date on the controller that could give us some clues to why the case doesn't seem to match up to the switches.

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle

To be scientific, it should be left as-is.
Bore Awards

Offline Floofs

Bump. I got mine up and running using a Teensy 2.0 and I love it. Much lighter than my Everex with black Space Invaders.. But the space invaders do have NKRO which has been nice.

Offline Floofs

I click-modded them and they're awesome! Decided to try an Apple IIgs with Orange ALPS so I can have a clicky and a tacile orange.

Offline Kachangputay

Post your Apple M0116 Serial No. and switch type here! (Orange or Salmon Alps)
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 10:47:26 »

The board just came in! Looks like it's salmon? It looks orange under certain lightings as well. Its probably my brain wanting it to be orange. I can't tell the color difference at this point

Edit: I watched chyrosran's orange alps video and the color looks the same. Soo I guess it's orange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 December 2017, 11:18:41 by Kachangputay »

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Yes, that is "orange", or as Apple call it in their service documentation, "tan". Depending on photo and on batch, the colour varies, but it's often a fairly muted shade.

The "salmon" switches are cooked salmon colour, while orange Alps is a bit like raw salmon.

It would have been nice if Alps had gone for more distinct and easier-to-name shades!
Bore Awards

Offline Floofs

The board just came in! Looks like it's salmon? It looks orange under certain lightings as well. Its probably my brain wanting it to be orange. I can't tell the color difference at this point

My brain went through the same thing when I got mine.  :p  The Orange does have a bit of a salmon tone to it which is confusing. But yeah those are Orange ALPS! Hope you can take the time to clean up those dirty things. ALPS are notorious for feeling terrible if they are dirty :( (from what I've read here)

Offline Kachangputay

Yes, that is "orange", or as Apple call it in their service documentation, "tan".

Thanks for the confirmation! There were so many different colored 'oranges' I saw on the internet that I started to think I had color blindness.

Hope you can take the time to clean up those dirty things. ALPS are notorious for feeling terrible if they are dirty :( (from what I've read here)

Definely! Just spent the past hour or so cleaning the case and everything inside. Damn it's nasty. All that's left now are the switches! Thanks for starting this thread!

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6

Show Image

Edit: I watched chyrosran's orange alps video and the color looks the same. Soo I guess it's orange?

Good find there!

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Floofs

I'm gonna bump this thread so any new M0116's can be logged. I've really loved this keyboard. It was great as a tactile orange keyboard, but it's incredible with the click mod.

Offline Blackhawk

orange: 439172

Offline Torque_635

Got 3 all Orange

101093 - purchased 10-Nov-1987
697909 - purchased 13-Jan-1989
842593 - purchased 19-Mar-1990

Offline UnFocused

205442 / orange.

This keyboard came with a Mac SE my mom bought in 1987. It's in perfect condition.

Offline wokija

Orange
Serial no: 095993

Macintosh SE from a library.

Offline sexzual

I've got 2

305545 - orange Alps

1187994 - salmon Alps

Offline poodude

387401 - Orange Alps

Offline latemodel24

521058, orange alps

Offline the_ambyguous

• there's a fine line between click and clack
1386636 - salmon

802298 - orange
Magnavox Typewriter | AEK64 | 658-4081 | Leading Edge 3501 | Omnikey Orange | 197Stotle | MPC2000

Offline abram

• Design Portfolio
746227 over here with orange ALPS.
- Abram

HHKB | Race 3 | M0116 | AEK II

Offline the_ambyguous

• there's a fine line between click and clack
549776 - orange
Magnavox Typewriter | AEK64 | 658-4081 | Leading Edge 3501 | Omnikey Orange | 197Stotle | MPC2000

Offline 132brandon

557323 Orange

Offline daneb

M0116 with orange alps, serial number C81800VM0117B

Offline Wojciech

AL1450H1M0117D - salmon

Offline swedishpiehole

Just bought a M0116 on eBay to harvest switches for an Alps64 build. This is the 3rd keyboard I've bought—first one turned out to have white damped Alps, a.k.a garbage, the second had cream damped which are not bad, but I wanted to compare with orange or salmon before committing and also I'm a crazy person.
So I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive and will post the result/SN here once it does!

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Sadly, i don't have one . But hoping to get it someday  :-[

Offline LouisD

367451 - Orange alps

Offline swedishpiehole

My M0116b just arrived and I think it has Orange Alps! Here is a pic:
220562-0
What do you think, orange?

It's pretty dirty but the switches still feel awesome. I don't have my AEK with damped cream to compare to, but they don't seem much louder. I can't wait until I have the time to desolder these and finally put together my Alps64 build.

Serial # is 284067
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 11:53:48 by swedishpiehole »

Offline LouisD

(Attachment Link)

It's pretty dirty but the switches still feel awesome. I don't have my AEK with damped cream to compare to, but they don't seem much louder. I can't wait until I have the time to desolder these and finally put together my Alps64 build.

Serial # is 284067

Yup, those are orange. Like some others have said: orange alps look like raw salmon, salmon alps look like cooked salmon.

Offline swedishpiehole

Yup, those are orange. Like some others have said: orange alps look like raw salmon, salmon alps look like cooked salmon.
Yahoo! I don't know why I'm so excited, it just seems that orange get the most love, so I'm feeling lucky.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
Might as well add to the repository: 249168, Orange Alps

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
(Attachment Link)

Serial # is 284067

Ok, helpful to know

Offline LurkerMcNoPost

M0116 1482973 Salmon

M0116J 028424 Orange
M0116J 104092 Salmon
M0116J 047189 Salmon <- This one surprised me since it is a very low serial number, I really thought I was going to get Orange. Was wondering if there was some kind of foul play but the PCB appears to be untouched and the controller on the PCB is the old NEC one, same as the one on the other M0116J, so it seems legit. It also has a Cream lock switch. I guess the line between Orange and Salmon for the J-series of M0116s is pretty low.

Offline RobinsonW

Re: Post your Apple M0116 Serial No. and switch type here! (Orange or Salmon Alps)
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 05:02:39 »
Just got a nice little attic find haul off Ebay (UK) including my first orange Alps so thought it'd be rude not to register here and feed back what I got, since this is one of the threads that has guided me in my quest!

These three M0116s have unusual looking serial numbers compared to a lot of the other ones in this thread, and are all made in Ireland:
C8300FMM0116B - Orange
AM83501TM0116B - Orange
AM0500POM0116B - Salmon

Also my first Salmon M0116 that I got off Ebay some time ago was a bit unusual in that it didn't have an Apple sticker at all, but seems to have been from University of Freiburg. It has two stickers - one with a barcode numbered '*032440*' and the legend 'Apple standard keyboard "Eastwood"', and another sticker with the university logo and the number 005675. It also had vinyl stickers on some of the keys for the German legends, which did look fairly neatly done in terms of font.

Offline IK4MS

M0118 - Orange (with Alps Logo) - AM9500F5M0117F

AZERTY, with FCC ID on the back (unlike what deskthority mentions...), made in Ireland (duh). Starting to think the higher the four digit number, the better the chances of getting oranges.

Offline shallot

Two Ireland assembled M0116s:

AM047005M0116B - Salmon
AM9141LEM0116B - Orange

Offline mode

578240 - Orange

Offline radditer

398873 - Orange

Apple M0116 orange alps

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Realized I can post mine now.  cause I have one!

1070595    Salmon
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

M0116J 047362 Salmons
M0116J 020594 Oranges

So yeah, seems that JP boards have quite low cutoff serial for Orange/Salmons
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2022, 16:27:22 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
334448 Orange alps
Made in the USA
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023