Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 223232 times)

Offline vewy_nice

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 15:01:01 »
Yeah, there was a speed bump with the transparent base.

I'm invoice #6, and I still haven't gotten shipping info either, so...

I DID just pay for my bottom to be switched to aluminum, so I expect further delays from waiting for it to be manufactured.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #451 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 16:26:22 »
Still no shipping info on mine even though my order invoice number was m063. How does the shipping work for europeans outside of the proxy?

if you have acrylic bottom in your order check out your order mail, otherwise just wait. 

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:13:23 »
Has anyone tried holtites on the PCB yet?

Offline Twist3d

« Reply #453 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 17:02:30 »
Any chance of getting the files to compile our own QMK hex files, or must we use that website?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 17:30:15 »
Any chance of getting the files to compile our own QMK hex files, or must we use that website?

You mean the directory? if yes you can just use the qmk site and the json and later download it as zip. 

In case no one will do it, i will upload the directory on qmk soon (tm), first i have to edit some files because the wiring is a bit of a mess to understand. 

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:38:53 »

You mean the directory? if yes you can just use the qmk site and the json and later download it as zip. 

In case no one will do it, i will upload the directory on qmk soon (tm), first i have to edit some files because the wiring is a bit of a mess to understand. 
Yeah, I started to do it yesterday but ran into a roadblock until my PCB arrives.  The autogenerated keymaps are in a really strange order and I don't actually have my PCB to confirm its actually correct and fix it.

Offline Twist3d

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 20:15:44 »

I just went to the site and see what you mean by download the zip.  Thanks!

But the layout of this file is very different than any other I have used before.  I will have to wait till my bored gets in to make sure it's correct.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 20:23:58 by Twist3d »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 05:28:42 »

But the layout of this file is very different than any other I have used before.  I will have to wait till my bored gets in to make sure it's correct.

http://qmkeyboard.cn/

Once you upload the json you should have from Vincent, you can download the zip at the end (download zip instead of hex), use this way if you are able to make the file from the directory.

Or you can just upload your layout that you get from http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com and later copy the configuration that you can see from the json uploaded on another tab pointed at qmkeyboard.

There should be another way to do it with the QMK configurator (based on mechmerlin).

I usually use the directory method, once i do it, i will upload my directory on the github of qmk. 

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 05:31:33 »
Anyway an UPDATE from Vincent.

He wanted to let you guys know he found out why few brass weights came with some slight marks similar to bubbles.  Based on what he said, the wrap to pack it did that once compressed too much, he is using now some protection films on all the new weights. 

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 07:40:19 »

I don’t think they are actually sending out shipping information, or at least that is what i heard from those who have received it on reddit.

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 11:47:41 »

I don’t think they are actually sending out shipping information, or at least that is what i heard from those who have received it on reddit.

Order M28 (titanium and acrylic bottom, no soldering) just got a text with the shipping information.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #461 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 11:51:25 »
Has anyone who ordered a black case received shipping info? Seems like it's going to be the last color to ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline Hexe

« Reply #462 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 19:06:17 »
Has anyone who ordered a black case received shipping info? Seems like it's going to be the last color to ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I ordered a black case w/ acrylic bottom as well, added alu bottom since vincent emailed about acrylic issues last week. Have NOT received a shipping update either.

Looking forward to hearing updates on black!

Offline azachhh

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 12:51:02 »
Any news this week?
Anymore people get shipping info at all?
I'm invoices M102 & M126 -- one blue case, one gold case -- Vincent did verify my shipping info on the 22nd, but haven't heard back since.

Just curious!

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 13:32:23 »
Any news this week?
Anymore people get shipping info at all?
I'm invoices M102 & M126 -- one blue case, one gold case -- Vincent did verify my shipping info on the 22nd, but haven't heard back since.

Just curious!

Just got SMS from DHL for delivery Friday. All black aluminum with extra brass plate. Invoice was in the teens I think.

Offline rippor

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 14:53:19 »
any word on an official QMK Branch or are we just still stuck waiting?

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #466 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 21:27:03 »

Nothing official in the repo, but Vincent sent flashing instructions which allow us to recreate all of the needed files to compile in QMK (instead of KBFirmware.com). I think Jkos was working to share his fork. I'm assembling and playing Friday so I can share mine as well.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #467 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:17:56 »

Apart that im free only 1 day a week this month, i didn't got my keyboard yet so i will not upl it soon. Initially i wanted to test it on another 96 qmk board i have which i think it  has the same circuit, but i will just wait for melody at this point. 

Not sure why you are waiting tho, you should have the json which inside has the layout the rest of the configuration, you can create your own repository from that specific json. From my repository i just wanted to make it easier for people by sorting in a better way the layouts to just make easier to rebind. This starting from the automated repository created by the qmkfirmware site. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:20:10 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #468 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:20:34 »

Nothing official in the repo, but Vincent sent flashing instructions which allow us to recreate all of the needed files to compile in QMK (instead of KBFirmware.com). I think Jkos was working to share his fork. I'm assembling and playing Friday so I can share mine as well.

I think you will do it before me :D 

Offline xantiema

« Reply #469 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 12:26:58 »
Edit: woops wrong thread

PS: I got a text with shipping details, but no email notification

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #470 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 16:15:05 »
Edit: woops wrong thread

PS: I got a text with shipping details, but no email notification

That is how mine came as well. Not sure why but the information the text contained was accurate.

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #471 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 17:51:52 »
Received mine this week. I ordered blue with alum bottom, brass plate, non engraved brass weight. There was a brief delay for the non engrave batch but nothing major. My order was M021.

The weight was wrapped in plastic wrap, no issues with imprints although at first with the wrap on it, it looked marked up, was really glad that it wasn't.

I put zeal stabs, GMK Hydro and Tealios on it, without a doubt currently my favorite build ever. I would say it'd my endgame but honestly I don't think that exists.

Minor gripe would be that one of my corners has just the slightest little dent but you can't see it when it's on the desk. Also my numpad enter key's diodes were not making contact, I added some solder and it fixed the problem.

All in all though, for what I paid, 100% worth it. I hope Vincent does a TKL of this caliber sometime.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #472 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 10:39:33 »
I honestly dont even remember what specs my board is at the moment, but I got a text from DHL yesterday saying that a "Keyboard set" from ONE VILLAGE TRADING LTD is arriving today, so we will see...

Offline azachhh

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 10:44:10 »
I emailed Vince and he said mine have been shipped....but I have received no shipping notification from DHL. :/ Kinda nervous.

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #474 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:47:41 »

http://qmkeyboard.cn/

Once you upload the json you should have from Vincent, you can download the zip at the end (download zip instead of hex), use this way if you are able to make the file from the directory.

Or you can just upload your layout that you get from http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com and later copy the configuration that you can see from the json uploaded on another tab pointed at qmkeyboard.

There should be another way to do it with the QMK configurator (based on mechmerlin).

I usually use the directory method, once i do it, i will upload my directory on the github of qmk.

Edit: superuser41 beat me to the pull request. https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/melody96/readme.md

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 June 2018, 13:10:19 by Mustangdvx »

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #475 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:29:04 »
I emailed Vince and he said mine have been shipped....but I have received no shipping notification from DHL. :/ Kinda nervous.

I'm order M101 you should let me know if you receive yours soon! I think I have a very similar order to yours as well, would love to hear when you get yours :)

Offline rippor

« Reply #476 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 09:07:52 »

Apart that im free only 1 day a week this month, i didn't got my keyboard yet so i will not upl it soon. Initially i wanted to test it on another 96 qmk board i have which i think it  has the same circuit, but i will just wait for melody at this point. 

Not sure why you are waiting tho, you should have the json which inside has the layout the rest of the configuration, you can create your own repository from that specific json. From my repository i just wanted to make it easier for people by sorting in a better way the layouts to just make easier to rebind. This starting from the automated repository created by the qmkfirmware site.

This is my first time using QMK so i thought i had to have the official one. How do i get the JSON?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #477 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:19:02 »

This is my first time using QMK so i thought i had to have the official one. How do i get the JSON?

all should be here, base json, some .hex files and a guide
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oJmSfjgs_DugsvloO9VaO5KWvwS4T2OX/view

Here is the qmk documentation: https://docs.qmk.fm/#/ 
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:20:33 by KaosJ »

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #478 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:58:56 »
Sweet, just got my text from DHL. Should be here on Tuesday. Now I gotta rush to ready my switches though, because they still haven't been lubed.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline geolchris

« Reply #479 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 13:14:42 »
Order M034 here, orange with acrylic base...just got my email from DHL saying it shipped and should arrive on the 5th. I’m pumped!

Offline rippor

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 15:06:43 »

all should be here, base json, some .hex files and a guide
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oJmSfjgs_DugsvloO9VaO5KWvwS4T2OX/view

Here is the qmk documentation: https://docs.qmk.fm/#/

thanks for the help!

Offline boytuhog

« Reply #481 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 06:21:27 »
Anyone in the 150+ number with acrylic base that received their order? Or even just shipping information? I'm 176 and 177 and still haven't received any shipping information.

Offline azachhh

« Reply #482 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 06:26:42 »
Anyone in the 150+ number with acrylic base that received their order? Or even just shipping information? I'm 176 and 177 and still haven't received any shipping information.

I am 102 & 126....Vincent told me via email that mine ‘should have been shipped’ but I haven’t gotten any DHL notification yet.

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:19:44 »
Just got home from Holiday and found mine in my front shed, said it was delivered on 1st June, I was order M014. It seems in the UK they are being delivered by Yodel (At least mine was), I had no tracking info and didn't receive a text or an email saying it was going to be delivered so it was quite a pleasant surprise to see! Titanium Gray top + bottom with brass weight and plate, can share pics if people want to see. I don't have the issue with the residue on the brass weight that others have complained about, there was a layer of cling film/saran wrap around the keyboard + weight that looks like it has prevented it. My Zealios are arriving tomorrow so I should have it built by the weekend!  :thumb:

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 10:28:04 »
Just got home from Holiday and found mine in my front shed, said it was delivered on 1st June, I was order M014. It seems in the UK they are being delivered by Yodel (At least mine was), I had no tracking info and didn't receive a text or an email saying it was going to be delivered so it was quite a pleasant surprise to see! Titanium Gray top + bottom with brass weight and plate, can share pics if people want to see. I don't have the issue with the residue on the brass weight that others have complained about, there was a layer of cling film/saran wrap around the keyboard + weight that looks like it has prevented it. My Zealios are arriving tomorrow so I should have it built by the weekend!  :thumb:

Sweet! SO jelly of you, man!

Did you order through Candykeys?

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #485 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 10:47:55 »

Nah I got it through Vincent, I don't think there was a proxy when I placed my order

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #486 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:14:11 »

Nah I got it through Vincent, I don't think there was a proxy when I placed my order

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks, thought so!

Offline The Arthur

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 16:32:19 »
Hey just signed up because I am experiencing a problem with this build.

It is a very beautiful board but in R1, two of my keys seem to be dead on the PCB. The two left-most slots (where you would put left shift) do not produce any signal. I have tried out other switches and no keypress will register. I have also tried shorting the plugs on the PCB directly. The first two slots in R1 do not register then either, but other switches on the board do.

Is there any magic trick that I can try out to revive these places on the board? I'd rather not de-solder everything and transfer that to a new board if that is at all possible  :'(

Offline timzilla

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 20:23:32 »

It is a very beautiful board but in R1, two of my keys seem to be dead on the PCB. The two left-most slots (where you would put left shift) do not produce any signal. I have tried out other switches and no keypress will register. I have also tried shorting the plugs on the PCB directly. The first two slots in R1 do not register then either, but other switches on the board do.

Is there any magic trick that I can try out to revive these places on the board? I'd rather not de-solder everything and transfer that to a new board if that is at all possible  :'(

Seems like someone said they had a bad/poorly soldered diode they had a fix.  want to take a pic of the components in that area?

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:18:46 »
Mine arrived today.  No shipping notifications from DHL, and they left it at the door saying it had been signed for when it obviously had not (wife is out of town and I didn't sign).

Anyways, Titanium grey top/bottom + brass plate. It looks great aside from my damaged brass weight (it looks scratched to all hell).  I'm guessing there will be no replacements for those though. Didn't have time to solder today, hoping to get to it in the next few days.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:37:45 by Tasteless »

Offline bball2

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:21:55 »
Mine arrived today as well, a few scuffs on the brass plate but not too bad.

@Tasteless, did you remove the brass weight from the bottom of the case and remove the plastic film? Definitely looked a lot worse before removing it.

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:32:28 »
Mine arrived today as well, a few scuffs on the brass plate but not too bad.

@Tasteless, did you remove the brass weight from the bottom of the case and remove the plastic film? Definitely looked a lot worse before removing it.

I picked at it and convinced myself I had one of the weights with no plastic.  Nope, you are correct and I'm an idiot.  Looks much better now. :))

Offline bball2

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:43:17 »
I picked at it and convinced myself I had one of the weights with no plastic.  Nope, you are correct and I'm an idiot.  Looks much better now. :))
Haha I know that feeling, first thought when inspecting it was: "Wow, how the **** do you even manage to damage it that badly?"

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #493 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 07:07:25 »
Got mine yesterday!

But... I swapped from a polycarb bottom to aluminum. I originally asked for a silver bottom, then changed my mind and asked for black.

But I got a titanium grey bottom?
I'll have to ask Vincent.

It's a solid keyboard, though! This is my first time typing on a brass plate, and I must say, for such a huge plate, it's super solid, and I love it!

I need to straighten some of my switches... Especially right shift haha
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 07:11:17 by vewy_nice »

Offline The Arthur

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:15:57 »

Seems like someone said they had a bad/poorly soldered diode they had a fix.  want to take a pic of the components in that area?

Hi there and thanks for your quick reply.

Below is a photo of the affected area. You can solder by all the flux blotches that I've been messing around there for a bit - gonna clean that up at some point. As you can see, the first two keys (seen from the right) are not producing signal.

The middle one was my original left shift key. Once I saw that the key there wouldn't respond, I took the key out and tested it by shorting the pads with a jumper cable. This did not produce a response. However I could get a response by bridging connecting one of the pads to its neighbour to the left (which is marked as 'alive'). So I first tried soldering short cables, and then diodes, between the two in order to just get the switch to send its signal through the neighbouring pads (the idea was that I could then program that location on the PCB). But that didn't work. Maybe I did the bridging wrong? Maybe I should have bridged only the 'defective' pad instead of both of them? Regardless, I thought that rather than overthinking it it'd be easier to just install the two outer switches, and so I ripped out the stabilizers and soldered the switches in. Only then I realized that one of them wouldn't work, either  :-X

Ideally, I would get the middle key working so that I could install a standard left shift there. Otherwise I'd also be happy if the outer one gets working. Is there any damage visible on the PCB, or is there anything I could try?

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #495 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:17:49 »
Kind of thinking of grabbing an acrylic bottom as well once extras are made available.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:23:39 »
All i see is grey, anyone received anodized gold? post some pics please!

Offline azachhh

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:31:31 »

I’m waiting on a gold one too!!

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:55:37 »
Anyone have ordered a silver one? I'm wondering what kind of tone the silver has. If anyone has a clear picture of it, will be much appreciated.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:33:54 »

Yep.
This is an album from a reddit dude https://stormlike.com/2018/06/04/melody96-case-with-ymd96-pcb/