Author Topic: Rainbow Key Set - What Set is This?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline JP

Rainbow Key Set - What Set is This?
« on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 00:38:15 »
I bought this accidentally. I thought I was buying a standard black Rosewill with MX Browns but instead I ended up with the white model with custom rainbow keys. I bought it locally with a couple other boards and I forgot to open the box. I opened up some others but they didn't have the switches I wanted. Too bad it is missing a couple keys. Anyone know where this set came from? Not sure if these keys are interesting to anyone but I may go with a different set in the future for this board.

191306-0
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Rainbow Key Set - What Set is This?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:46:47 »
From the legends they look like Vortex.

Similar to the ones in this thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

Re: Rainbow Key Set - What Set is This?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:16:17 »
Thanks for the info. The rainbow set works well with the white color scheme.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.