Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing  (Read 161395 times)

Offline captaincalamari

Re: [PAYMENTS DUE 4/5] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 15:56:36 »
Ah, that sucks, I hope they pay it off today. Never understood why people join then bail. At least say you can no longer join through a PM while it's open.

...and if all don't pay, I will actually have to open orders again to make up the lost quantity as I will lose enough to drop below the last price drop quantity or even further.

So tomorrow will be a fun day...
I missed the first order date, but I'm definitely in if you open the orders again

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 15:58:23 »
:(

If it comes to that, hopefully there are enough people who missed the GB but still want in. I remember at least one some posts above.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 16:00:32 »
I missed the first order date, but I'm definitely in if you open the orders again

:(

If it comes to that, hopefully there are enough people who missed the GB but still want in. I remember at least one some posts above.

Yeah, hopefully there are enough people who are willing to do this, because it kinda messes up the whole point of quantity based price drops when people order and bail.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 19:47:16 »
Out of curiosity, are the people who've failed to pay ones who ordered housings?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 20:49:32 »
Out of curiosity, are the people who've failed to pay ones who ordered housings?

Yes and no.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 22:26:32 »
Paid it right before the end of the deadline :D

Just got my first Alps board so I just paid XD

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 22:46:53 »
Paid it right before the end of the deadline :D

Just got my first Alps board so I just paid XD

Thank you!!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 01:36:07 »
Update:
Well since the payment window is now closed, I decided to add up all of the order quantities to see what the final quantities were...To be honest I am amazed/saddened at how far we dropped.

Sliders: 12,695 of the original 15,515
Housings: 8780 of the original 11,310
Inserts: 144 of the original 181

At this point I have no real choice but to open orders again to bring up the quantity as we dropped way below the housings price drop that people were charged for. At this point the GB has failed and unless I can get the orders back up, I will have to make a hard choice. About 25% of orders were either canceled, never got issued due to missing information and no response from the buyer, or just never got paid.

I am going to be slow to response for a bit while I try and figure out what I can do to keep this going, because I can't charge the correct price for the already paid quantity without losing more orders.

For those who didn't pay, please don't join GBs and pull this again, it defeats the purpose of placing an order if you aren't going to pay, and then situations like this occur, where the project is killed off due to your decision. Even a simple email saying "Sorry I can no longer afford to pay for the order" would have been nice, I have always had a tight budget and I understand **** happens. Look at what I had to due to make this happen, I had to spend $1500 to build a new computer in order to finish the design phase, because I believed in the product, even though I actually couldn't afford to do so. I am not mad, I am just disappointed...

End rant...

Offline Waven

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 03:16:58 »
That's sad  :(

So we need 1220 housings more to hit the drop again. ($976)
Or every one has to pay $0.20 more per housing.
That would be ok for me, but I guess not for every one.

Even it would be really sad: How about skipping the housing
and just do the sliders?

Offline oluigenuma

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 03:18:29 »
Don‘t skip the housings. Just reopen, there will be people joining.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 06:32:10 »
Very sad to see this. I suppose people got scared when they saw the final price of everything.

As a suggestion, I'd make each new buyer pay "immediately" to try to close the orders ASAP. Let's see if we can gain some traction reminding people of this. We can even say it's been "extended"  :p

Offline SJHL

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 06:42:32 »
If I need to pay extra, I dont mind.

Quite of a shock on the lack of commitment, though.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 06:59:15 »
Maybe the shock of the shipping cost threw them off.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 07:15:34 »

Ah, I guess that can be it. But if that's the case, would be nice to let BlindAssassin know. Could've tried to remedy the situation rather than waiting to see people not paying in the end.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:10:46 by SJHL »

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 07:40:14 »

Yea I wasn't very happy with the shipping but you gotta do what you gotta do  :-X

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 08:34:16 »
Aside from shipping cost surprise (which as mentioned should result in telling him you want to pull out anyway), I have a feeling that with the housings there were some people who treated it like massdrop and joined on the assumption/hope it'd become cheap enough that they'd actually want to pay.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:43:51 »

Not gonna lie, even $10 CONUS for shipping what will probably be ~6oz of stuff (70 housings and sliders) was definitely off-putting for me. I paid for my order early on, but if that is the price for CONUS shipping I wouldn't want to know what it'd be like for international.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:54:56 »
If you end a group by end it on a Friday. People get paid on Fridays. 🤔 I'm sure I'm not the only one who was waiting to get paid.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:08:38 »
Sorry I was a few hours late on paying, I wasn't able to make it to a PC yesterday when I was planning to pay.  :(
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:13:54 »
If you end a group by end it on a Friday. People get paid on Fridays. 🤔 I'm sure I'm not the only one who was waiting to get paid.

Yeah, pretty sure this was probably the case for quite a few people (and really, ending on a thursday? always end on a saturday, sunday, or monday, to give people time to get their paycheck in the bank). I know I do it all the time, wait until the payday ate the very end of the run.
Why not just leave the buy open for a little while longer and extend the payment window for those who haven't paid yet? it gives the people who were waiting on payday a chance to actually pay, and gives the buy time to bring in some replacements for the people who haven't paid yet (and possibly bring the overall price down a little more).

Honestly, if I have to pay an extra $0.20 a housing, I'm fine with that if it means that the housings move forward, I have very little desire to mod og housings.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:27:38 »
To be fair, if you were following the IC you had plenty of time to save up since he told us when the GB would open and close. Payments should've been due on the weekend, but its not like he didn't give a timeline in the IC or in this thread.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Anakey

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:31:08 »

Yeah, pretty sure this was probably the case for quite a few people (and really, ending on a thursday? always end on a saturday, sunday, or monday, to give people time to get their paycheck in the bank). I know I do it all the time, wait until the payday ate the very end of the run.
Why not just leave the buy open for a little while longer and extend the payment window for those who haven't paid yet? it gives the people who were waiting on payday a chance to actually pay, and gives the buy time to bring in some replacements for the people who haven't paid yet (and possibly bring the overall price down a little more).

Honestly, if I have to pay an extra $0.20 a housing, I'm fine with that if it means that the housings move forward, I have very little desire to mod og housings.

AFAIK the GB concluded on a Tuesday, all invoices sent out by that Thursday with payments due following Thursday so there was a Friday for people who get paid, especially as it was also month end so I do find it a poor excuse that they can still say they could not pay it.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:37:49 »
Well I didn't know about the GB until the last few hours when he extended the date, so no I didn't have time to save up. Plus many people only get paid every two weeks, not weekly. Additionally, beginning of the month means rent/mortgage payments are coming which takes a good chunk of a paycheck. Don't be so quick to judge others without understanding the situation.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:50:15 »

Not gonna lie, even $10 CONUS for shipping what will probably be ~6oz of stuff (70 housings and sliders) was definitely off-putting for me. I paid for my order early on, but if that is the price for CONUS shipping I wouldn't want to know what it'd be like for international.

Shipping to EU/UK was $22 for me, without VAT and all the other stuff. was offputting :P but OP had told me that they went out and looked at prices to find the best possible etc. I appreciated the effort so I paid but still felt like it was more expensive overall compared to what my first impression was ..
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline Woovie

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:54:55 »
Well I didn't know about the GB until the last few hours when he extended the date, so no I didn't have time to save up. Plus many people only get paid every two weeks, not weekly. Additionally, beginning of the month means rent/mortgage payments are coming which takes a good chunk of a paycheck. Don't be so quick to judge others without understanding the situation.
Seriously I joined on the last day. That's not really much time to pay an over 200$ invoice, although obviously that's my personal problem. Bills > plastic so I paid as soon as I could. 👍

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:00:26 »
I will try and address all comments below:

- I won't be dropping the housings, as I know total sliders would then tank, not a smart option.

- As for shipping I was going off of what I was actually able to purchase on the USPS website(for CONUS shipping), I can't use first class as I would have to do everything in store, or have a business account(requires a bit of work from what I have found). For international, I had two choices, either use first class package (takes a few weeks for shipping) or work something out to get 1-3 day shipping for cheaper than everything except first class package. But if I end up finding a solution to cheaper shipping that is easier, I will refund the difference. You have to realize I don't ship for quite a while, and things can happen in the meantime that change shipping rates drastically.

- As for ending on a friday or the weekend, maybe I should have, but the original plan was to place the manufacturing order today, to try and get things rolling ASAP. Since I have to open orders anyways, If you were one of the ones who didn't pay, and you still want your order, send me a message/email letting me know and I will extend your payment window.

- As for increasing price on the housings, I think most people would not be willing to do so, as I know quite a few people ordered more because of the reduced price, so I would lose orders by doing that, dropping quantity once again. It is a balancing game, and I lose no matter what...

I will reopen orders, and have invoices sent out and due ASAP. I will keep the order window open until maybe friday? Suggestions for this are welcome, but I don't want to keep it open for too long.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:02:22 »
By the way, PayPal functions as a "business account" and you can purchase first class online through PayPal.

Offline 82d28a

Re: [ORDERS REOPENED] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:06:03 »
Consider to calculate and expect 25% will not pay in your current open.  If they do, than no loss, if they do bail you should not be in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:06:29 »
By the way, PayPal functions as a "business account" and you can purchase first class online through PayPal.

Didn't know that...I was trying to figure out how to get first class as USPS doesn't allow you to do it online unless you are a business. Will look into this now and like I said, if pricing is lower for shipping I will refund the difference.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:09:13 »
If you took this quantity of money to a personal PayPal account, it is highly likely it is going to be frozen very soon.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:11:10 »
For easy access to PayPal shipping, use this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Since you invoiced everyone, it should give you the option to ship if you go back to the invoice which should autofill information as well.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:13:34 »
If you took this quantity of money to a personal PayPal account, it is highly likely it is going to be frozen very soon.

Yeah I contacted them about that possibility as I have heard of it happening, their response was "Well, we reserve the right to do so at any time", so can't do anything to prevent that sadly. Haven't had issues so far.

For easy access to PayPal shipping, use this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Since you invoiced everyone, it should give you the option to ship if you go back to the invoice which should autofill information as well.

I can make shipping labels through the invoices, that is how I tested pricing out. Thank you for the link though!

Offline Woovie

« Reply #232 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:19:20 »
Yeah I contacted them about that possibility as I have heard of it happening, their response was "Well, we reserve the right to do so at any time", so can't do anything to prevent that sadly. Haven't had issues so far.
You can turn your personal PayPal account into a business one. I would recommend looking into that.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:04:32 »
Update:
For CONUS shipping I can lower pricing to $6 and use first class instead as well as use different boxes that would work for international as well.

For international shipping, if you are wanting to go with first class package instead, you would save money, but shipping would take 1-3 weeks versus 1-3 days. If you want to do this let me know, Cost will be $16, may not be able to for all as shipping can increase depending on country.

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:08:54 »
At first I thought I was one of the deadbeats who didn't pay, but then I remembered I filled out the form but didn't submit it because I didn't get an invoice... If you're officially re-opening the group buy, I'd love to be a part of it! Are you reusing the old order form or wait for a new one to open?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:11:59 »
At first I thought I was one of the deadbeats who didn't pay, but then I remembered I filled out the form but didn't submit it because I didn't get an invoice... If you're officially re-opening the group buy, I'd love to be a part of it! Are you reusing the old order form or wait for a new one to open?

New one is open, link is in the OP now.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:24:06 »
If we already paid, do we need to do anything at this point?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:32:24 »
If we already paid, do we need to do anything at this point?

Nope, sending out shipping refunds for $4 for those in the US right now. Just keep posted on here for updates.

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 14:14:25 »
Is it still possible to back out at this point? Even though I just received a full refund.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:40:42 »
Thank you for putting up with all of this BlindAssassin111, I know running group buys can be a PITA.  I'll keep an eye on this second round and invest some more if necessary.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 16:20:22 »
Thank you for putting up with all of this BlindAssassin111, I know running group buys can be a PITA.  I'll keep an eye on this second round and invest some more if necessary.

Yeah, it has been a rough day knowing how close this is to failing, when just last week we were in such a great position. If only 12% had dropped out, we would have still been fine, but that extra ~13% just hurt so much. I don't see how you could manage to order more, you already have so many on order lol. But if you want to, that is up to you, won't complain unless you don't pay lol.

Is it still possible to back out at this point? Even though I just received a full refund.

At this moment, no.

Offline gbchk

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 17:47:05 »
As bummed as I am that the GB ran into trouble I'm glad you opened it up again because I missed this the first time around. Will these sliders require some dry lube prior to installation?

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 17:50:28 »
As bummed as I am that the GB ran into trouble I'm glad you opened it up again because I missed this the first time around. Will these sliders require some dry lube prior to installation?

Require? No.

Should you? Up to you but keep in mind that these are still Alps switches that turn awful with dust buildup so use dry lube.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 17:50:57 »

I would recommend some type of dry lube to get the best feel possible from them, otherwise they will feel fine, just not nearly as smooth.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 16:19:47 »
Update:

Currently at: (all fully paid for)
sliders - 13,650
housings - 9,415
stab sets - 155

So we are getting closer to the 10k price drop which means the GB can actually finish successfully, with just under 600 housings.

Orders close 4/13 at midnight and invoices are due on receipt to avoid the bailing issue, and they don't get counted until paid, so I don't get my hopes up again.

Offline jackofclubs

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:35:26 »
Update:

sliders - 13,650
housings - 9,415
stab sets - 155

So we are getting closer to the 10k price drop which means the GB can actually finish successfully, with just under 600 housings.

Orders close 4/13 at midnight and invoices are due on receipt to avoid the bailing issue, and they don't get counted until paid, so I don't get my hopes up again.

Fantastic. With that much time left i think theres an excellent shot at reaching moq

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 00:27:41 »
Update:

sliders - 13,650
housings - 9,415
stab sets - 155

Hellz yea, lets go bb

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 06:23:25 »
Let's see if we can make it in time :)
very excited for this product, my Yuri caps and my pearl board are waiting for this :thumb: :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:51:05 »
Update:
So currently at:
Sliders - 13,955
Housings - 9,600
Stab sets - 156

Getting closer slowly, but still not close enough. Please keep sharing this so those that missed it the first time, can join and help make MOQ.

Orders close on 4/13 at midnight central time and payment is due on receipt of the invoice.

Offline LiamOS

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:32:11 »
In and paid.

I was initially hoping to get quite a few, but the price was more than I was hoping for. Also shipping is a lot more than I'd've hoped for, but what can you do.
Thanks for bringing these sliders to the world.