Author Topic: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - LIVE AUGUST 1  (Read 150926 times)

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - GB Confirmed, Kits + Renders Updated
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 12:20:37 »
Update: the 超级/超級 legends in both kits are correct as published. It may be difficult to see at the scale of the renders, but due to GMK tooling specs, many strokes are combined in ways that may appear at lower resolution to be single strokes. Here is what the SVG of each legend actually looks like:

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 17:38:45 »
This is looking Absolutely Beautiful, I've been keeping my eye on this for almost a year now, I'm SO excited it has a GB date, and with it being about a month off I'll be able to make sure I save and keep the money together.

Question, though. Do you have any artisans for this? I know I was hoping for a brass/alu red esc key novelty, but that's just me, haha. I'm seeing a lot of affiliate links, including custom aviators, but I'm not seeing any artisan caps? Am I just not looking in the right place or are there none??

thank you!:D

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 19:37:11 »
This is looking Absolutely Beautiful, I've been keeping my eye on this for almost a year now, I'm SO excited it has a GB date, and with it being about a month off I'll be able to make sure I save and keep the money together.

Question, though. Do you have any artisans for this? I know I was hoping for a brass/alu red esc key novelty, but that's just me, haha. I'm seeing a lot of affiliate links, including custom aviators, but I'm not seeing any artisan caps? Am I just not looking in the right place or are there none??

Haven’t finalized them yet but they are coming!

Offline Tarey

• My cover page
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 00:30:59 »
Loved Houhai, went there multiple times during my sojourn in Beijing 2 years ago, loved the memories... Definitely support this!

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:36:44 »

Nice! I'm really excited, have the price points been finalized at all? I'm trying to figure out how much to save, haha.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 08:31:01 »

Nice! I'm really excited, have the price points been finalized at all? I'm trying to figure out how much to save, haha.

Unfortunately pricing is usually one of the last things to happen before a GB. Vendors still need to get quotes and then go back and forth about MOQs and profit margins and with so many other GBs happening, that bit of administrative work that no one finds especially fun ends up getting folded in with the final work of setting up sales pages. I would hope that the pricing would be in line with GMK Shanshui tho (less new mold expense, more custom color expense).

Offline ABABA

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 22:30:23 »
such big red, I'm in love

Offline GhostTedd

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 07:55:36 »
What is the difference between SC base kit and TC base kit?

Offline convoliution

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 09:06:02 »
What is the difference between SC base kit and TC base kit?

The SC base kit has simplified Chinese characters, while the TC kit uses traditional Chinese characters. The characters and phrases on the alphas and modifiers have the same meanings between the two kits, but are written in different standardized ways.

Offline bngbox

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 05:05:21 »
First off, I just found this set and I absolutely love it. I am Chinese-American and have a lot of history traveling in China and studying in Beijing. This set really speaks to me and I hope you have amazing success in it. I am definitely going to splurge on this whole set. Secondly, are you going to have renders of the collabs and and deskmats soon? It says you updated them but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 14:27:20 »
Sorry if I've overlooked it, but is this standard CR black, i.e. compatible with WoB?

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 19:05:26 »
Is tab key in "Bĭshùn (Stroke Order) Cangjie Monolegend Alphas Kit" wrong color?

Offline Tomn

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 19:22:54 »

Love the legends!
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 May 2021, 21:19:07 by Tomn »

Offline bngbox

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 05:50:24 »
Hey, do we still not have pricing on this set? Is it still happening on May 31st??

Offline mariachiforhire

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 23:41:29 »
Any update ???
At least acknowledge the question. It gives confidence to the people interested in the GB. Otherwise customers start losing confidence when the GB starts.

Offline Firebear31

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 03:21:21 »
Hey, do we still not have pricing on this set? Is it still happening on May 31st??

Of course it is still happening. Pricing is probably around Shanshui just with less MOQs needed as the moulds are already made from Shanshui.

Offline resonantarchitect

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 07:45:04 »
Super excited about this set, if not only to support its creator. Not usually into brighter sets, but love the tones this one brings across. Great work, grundy!

Offline Firebear31

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 08:59:20 »
Discord Update

"Due to the novelty kit preserving the extra dark purple color from the original base kit design, the design and vendor team need additional time to evaluate pricing and quantity tiers. GMK Houhai will be pushed back by a little over a week to June 10, to end July 10. Thanks for your patience and as always, we will communicate any further information on design changes, timing, or pricing as soon as it becomes available."

Offline slightlyinjured

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 09:49:30 »
Discord Update

"Due to the novelty kit preserving the extra dark purple color from the original base kit design, the design and vendor team need additional time to evaluate pricing and quantity tiers. GMK Houhai will be pushed back by a little over a week to June 10, to end July 10. Thanks for your patience and as always, we will communicate any further information on design changes, timing, or pricing as soon as it becomes available."

Do you have a discord link? I have been following this IC since last year and im glad it scoming to GB!

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 14:01:59 »
A unique set with pretty colours that taunts me for giving up on learning Chinese.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 11:51:09 »
Discord Update

Do you have a discord link? I have been following this IC since last year and im glad it scoming to GB!

Same! I'd love to have to DC link, I've been waiting for this, but considering money trouble I'm a little relieved it's been pushed back. I really would like to be able to keep in the-know though!

Offline xxinhumanityxx

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 17:46:10 »
I would also like a discord invite

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 23:51:32 »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 10:29:26 »
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in reply. Thanks to Firebear for filling everyone on GH in...word is already out that the set has been pushed back 10 days on IG and Discord as many of you have seen. Will update pricing as soon as possible here and on a GB thread to come.

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - GB Date Moved to June 10
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 10:37:39 »
To be honest a lot of stuff happened in my non-keyboard life that has kept me from updating and following on GH as much as I would like. All good things but I had not planned on being this busy right at the beginning of the Houhai GB. Just bought an old house that my wife and I love but it needs a lot of work, day job is picking up significantly at a time when it was supposed to be calming down...none of these things I could have predicted when scheduling this. Almost all moved in here, work season will be definitively over June 10 and I have those four days off to focus on GB updates. The best place as always to keep up will be my IG @fort_stevens, and I'll also be updating through my Discord. Thanks for the support and the excitement and we'll be crossing our fingers for smooth sailing from here on out.

Offline XiXora

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - GB Date Moved to June 10
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 13:21:29 »
Is the kitting 100% locked? The ISO keys are a little unusual?

I assumed that you wanted a minimal Intl/US ISO with R3 \| and R4 >< key but we got an odd R3 #~ R4 |\ combination that would align with a tiny subset of the UK ISO layout.

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - Waiting for Pricing
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 08:11:19 »
Update: still waiting on pricing. We’re looking at a delay of days or weeks, though, not months.

Offline Chozo Ghost

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 10:46:21 »
I should probably stop looking at this set... the more I do, the more I want it, and I don't have a Chinese set yet... but it's so prettyyyyyyy

Offline grezeh

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 15:21:30 »
Any way to throw in some more 40 support? (R2 1.75u and R3 1.5u keys in addition to whats available). Personally would miss R3/home row 1.5u mod. Also dissapointed in abandoning *all-china all-in-one* kits.  :confused:

Offline raymondzzd

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 18:36:02 »
This is beautiful. I am in. Great work! Thank you!

Offline Leon_TheKing

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 13:06:30 »
will there still be collab with rama on the artisan? Saw it was listed under collaboration list.

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - LIVE AUGUST 1
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 08:33:18 »
New GB date set for August 1! Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the complexities of this set with GMK's admin queue.

will there still be collab with rama on the artisan? Saw it was listed under collaboration list.

Yes! Go check out my insta @fort_stevens if you wanna see them

Any way to throw in some more 40 support? (R2 1.75u and R3 1.5u keys in addition to whats available). Personally would miss R3/home row 1.5u mod. Also dissapointed in abandoning *all-china all-in-one* kits.  :confused:

Kitting has been locked, sorry to disappoint.

Offline Dyto69

• 420 blaze it but dont forget 69
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 08:59:11 »
I'm waiting for this for a long time, I'm totally in. I hope I can mix it some novelties with Shanshui too

Offline saltimate

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 21:02:40 »
dammit i love the colours but i just dont know what to do with the mods
idk maybe i just get mono legends and look for 40s from another set.... but the COLOURS dammit, even if i try and use stuff from the novelties it feels bad. no red/yellow r2???? dammit, why did i not see this set soon enough to vote for 40s, would it even have made a difference? was 40s ever on the table? or was it always just going to be to much for a set which already has so much going on? its driving me insane. its so demoralising, i thinks thats it its not that there arnt many 40s users its just you get burnt out seeing so many good sets just be unusable that you give up and resign yourself to dsa blanks and stop checking geekhack and try and forget.
**** gmk and their bs pricing making 40s support such a pain in the ass.
if you can think of anything which could work with this set let me know because maybe ill still get mono alphas...

Offline LordHaveMercy

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 02:11:02 »
GMK Y U DELAY?!?!!!???

Eh, I'm happy this is still on track for GB. I hope GMK might be able to resolve their issues soon!

Offline easy_rider

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 03:43:01 »
GMK Y U DELAY?!?!!!???

Eh, I'm happy this is still on track for GB. I hope GMK might be able to resolve their issues soon!

Any WoB 40s/mods should do fine

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 08:15:33 »
Pricing should be complete today, then, GB thread coming

Offline LordHaveMercy

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 21:47:41 »
No more delays, right Grundlemere?

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 07:15:40 »
No more delays, right Grundlemere?

It's definitely running this weekend. See Cannonkeys' IG if you still doubt!

Offline jkteoh

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 16:50:42 »
Ridiculously excited for this. Just here to expel some of that energy haha.

Grundlemere - just want to say again how much I appreciate that you pulled this and Shanshui off. Seeing such an important part of "me", the language/characters I use and speak, given such careful attention and design (and hopefully more attention/use/normalization in the future) makes me so, so, happy.

Offline Leon_TheKing

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 02:31:11 »
Is the GB thread up already?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline spoonfulofdaikon

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 20:50:28 »
Just here to say thanks for making this a reality. Been watching this set secretly since near the beginning of the IC. This set drew me back into the hobby and I can't wait for it to arrive hopefully within the next year or so.