Author Topic: [Help] Need your knowledge, in my keyboard search  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Rinlive

[Help] Need your knowledge, in my keyboard search
« on: Sun, 07 May 2023, 03:48:33 »
Its my first post here, I read the FAQ, thanks again for all those links, its very helpfull !
I have a fairly specific keyboard research, the ideal would have been to assemble it myself, because I would like to learn, but if I find the rare pearl already assembled then that will suit me too.

I research :
- An aluminum keyboard case
- 96% or 100%
- Wireless/bluetooth
- Hotswap (not mandatory but its a bonus)
- A small original detail would be a plus: as on the EPOMAKER RT100 (the smart TV), Gamma 98 (96%) | 1800 Barebone (Small LED display), GG75 (Small screen)

I'm struggling to find a keyboard with all these parameters, my budget is $400.

I love the shape of the Mode design keyboards, or the HMKB 95.

Thank you, and I apologize if topics like this have already been created.

Good day,

Rin

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: [Help] Need your knowledge, in my keyboard search
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 May 2023, 20:56:28 »
I tried to find something but it is hard to find boards that are wireless when it comes to 1800 and full size (In general there aren't too many Full Size boards and 1800s are a bit uncommon

I found the Keychron Q5 and 6 which are what you're looking for execept for wireless, The Brutal 1800 is also an option but it is expensive and not wireless (it's 400 but just for a case, pcb and plate, you would need to get stabs, switches and keycaps) (The K8 is wireless but tkl, if you want you could get the numpad as well and you would have all the keys you need but it isn't wireless again)

You can also look at thokstock for options that are in stock, and mechgroupbuys and geekhack for potential group buy options (just vet them before purchase so you minimize risk of scams)

Both the Zoom line of boards and the QK series may launch full size/1800 boards and they usually are wireless so you could look out for that, they are decent entry level options so they could be good for you if they release them in the layout you want

Good luck with finding the board you want sorry I couldn't help you find it but this should give you some info to help you find it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 May 2023, 00:19:59 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 12:47:38 »
You have numerous problems with your desires is why you can't find anything.
The biggest issue of why you can't find anything is that aluminum blocks the wireless signal.

There's also few full size aluminum cases for other multiple reasons: cost of materials, cost to manufacture (work time and size), little demand, few controllers work for full size (especially that are QMK compatible), more parts=more cost... Most people using a full size aren't concerned with portability either, which is what often drives wireless keyboard sales. If it's not moving, why bother with the weight and hassles of wireless? Cleaner? You still need to charge it and that means dragging out a wire. A wireless full size aluminum just isn't really practical in most people's eyes. While most of these problems are solvable (with money) the lack of demand pretty much kills anything mainstream.

As for suggestions, if you aren't finding anything on Chinese sites (Ali Express, KBDfans, etc) you're probably going to be relegated to a group buy and that means watching and waiting with money in hand and hoping someone delivers. So you know, even if someone was to deliver, the wireless performance will likely be disappointing.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline SzGeri

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 May 2023, 09:46:24 »
Keep an eye on the QK100 and the zoom98/109 boards. Those should fit all your requests (though originality is up for you to decide. The QK has a screen at least) But those are group buys and you will have to wait to receive and buy them.