Author Topic: [IC] SA SNES  (Read 187055 times)

Offline psxndc

Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:58:05 »
I’m in for however this turns out. Personally I favor uniform profile (or close to it). Then there’s no need for a Colevrak kit, but I’m biased in that respect.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Donosir

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 23:10:03 »
My childhood says that I didn't care about money when I played the SNES so why should I care about money when I'm buying the nostalgia for it....

Offline psxndc

[IC] SA SNES
« Reply #452 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 23:26:42 »
I think you need R2s with concave tops and R3s with convex tops to match the snes buttons.

*mind blown*. You’re all welcome.
Ortho. Always.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 21:19:29 »
now that this is SA, I'm out  :p

Offline zakatak

• no cash
« Reply #454 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:48:52 »
do epbt abs pls

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Offline Tree_

« Reply #455 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 01:58:23 »
do epbt abs pls

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

This set has been high profile for the last two years. Changing to Cherry or another lower profile is the last thing I'd wan't to see for this set personally.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #456 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 06:55:53 »
Maybe consider reaching out to RamaWorks about getting this made in KATE form? They seem eager for collabs and this would be a great way to launch this set as an alternative to MT3 and dealing with (mass)drop

Offline komodo90

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 10:29:13 »
Maybe consider reaching out to RamaWorks about getting this made in KATE form? They seem eager for collabs and this would be a great way to launch this set as an alternative to MT3 and dealing with (mass)drop

Rama has been delusional about their profile since the very beginning. I think one would need to develop some deformity in his fingers to consider this profile comfortable. It looks wrong too.
Rama has build themselves a big respect among the community - and rightfully so. But I'd like to see the feedback on such profile in case someone fairly unknown would come up with it.

I'm an advocate of traditional fully sculpted SA here / or KAT (but I'd like to see how some of their reverse-dyesub sets come up this year first).
Cheers

Offline Havattack

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 20:22:08 »

Rama has been delusional about their profile since the very beginning. I think one would need to develop some deformity in his fingers to consider this profile comfortable. It looks wrong too.
Rama has build themselves a big respect among the community - and rightfully so. But I'd like to see the feedback on such profile in case someone fairly unknown would come up with it.

I'm an advocate of traditional fully sculpted SA here / or KAT (but I'd like to see how some of their reverse-dyesub sets come up this year first).
Cheers

I just looked that...... thing... up. My god, what an abomination. My new most hated keycap, by far.
Elliptical? Really? Ugh
Rama is usually way more minimal and aesthetic then that... I am much disappoint.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 23:51:56 »
Still in for this set, not changing my mind  :thumb:

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #460 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 07:32:45 »
I'd probably follow this set anywhere. Something sculpted like SA or KAT would be my preference. Would have liked to try MT3 but it seems that profile is cursed.

Offline PusaCat666

« Reply #461 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 04:55:53 »
OMG the more I look at it the more im getting pulled into joining the gb. gg

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 11:04:28 »
I know y'all want sculpted but R3 makes so much sense... it's a customization dream.

Plus inherent Colevrak support.

I don't think there can be a fully-sculpted Colevrak kit. Too many kits already, and very expensive :(

Offline Arila

« Reply #463 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 13:43:31 »
Omg yes! Love the c/w!!  :thumb:

Offline komodo90

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 18:35:15 »
R3 no go for me :(

Offline Tree_

« Reply #465 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 18:42:09 »

Offline ifohancroft

• root
    • IFo Hancroft
« Reply #466 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 04:38:22 »
I'm so glad you decided to go for SA after all. If it's fully sculpted, it's a definite buy from me if I can afford it at time of release.

Is the project still on hold? The OP says so, but at the same time it still mentions the old profile, so it seems outdated.
I like to make, break & modify stuff via a soldering iron, code or both.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #467 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 08:53:11 »

Cheers

I just looked that...... thing... up. My god, what an abomination. My new most hated keycap, by far.
Elliptical? Really? Ugh
Rama is usually way more minimal and aesthetic then that... I am much disappoint.

Given that nobody outside of Rama will have tried these keycaps yet, it seems a bit early to judge how they feel. Cherry and OEM have cylindrical profiles, whilst SA and DSA have spherical. It stands to reason that an elliptical surface could actually work well, since it blends aspects of both. As I say, maybe just a bit too early to judge (especially with such needlessly fiery words)?

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #468 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 12:12:08 »
Ooooh baby, it's back.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #469 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 14:53:53 »
KAT KAT KAT!!! 😍
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline pandaman97

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 07:59:26 »
May i ask why render picture still MT3?

Offline parablol

« Reply #471 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 08:58:39 »
I'm good with either SA or MT3. MT3 exists because SA felt awkward to use on boards with an angle. So if it's SA, then I'll just use it on a flat board. R3 SA makes that even simpler, plus Colevrak becomes easiee as well. If it's MT4 then of course I'll put this on an angled board. Same with KATE too.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #472 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 23:05:48 »
I know y'all want sculpted but R3 makes so much sense... it's a customization dream.

Plus inherent Colevrak support.

I don't think there can be a fully-sculpted Colevrak kit. Too many kits already, and very expensive :(

Do you mean all the key caps have an SA profile of R3?

Offline DogGod

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 00:29:39 »
I'm good with R3 SA!

Offline psxndc

[IC] SA SNES
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 09:38:59 »

They do. There are a couple sets like that: Mito’s Mitospeed and Cyberdeck, SP’s ice caps.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 16:01:32 »
May i ask why render picture still MT3?

OP probably hasn't had the time or cared to update it.

Plus it's difficult to know what to update it with when you still haven't confirmed what profile it's running in. Makes it difficult to nail down kitting too.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #476 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:25:07 »

They do. There are a couple sets like that: Mito’s Mitospeed and Cyberdeck, SP’s ice caps.

That's wild, haven't heard of a cap set exclusively having R3 of SA until now. Of course I'm still hopping on the GB once it happens  :thumb:

Offline yukiburzm

• zeonic keys
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 02:18:07 »
Has no one made a MT3 clone yet? I know its easier said then done, but considering how little mt3/kat keycap sets there are, you'd think someone would have made another sculpted medium-high profile by now.

Either way, i'm in.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 08:22:53 »
Every time I see a uniform profile SP set run, I really hope that SP will find it in their heart to make 1u convex spacebars, and then they never ever make them. I doubt it would be possible here, but manifesting it through a geekhack post couldn't hurt lol.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 08:39:43 »
Every time I see a uniform profile SP set run, I really hope that SP will find it in their heart to make 1u convex spacebars, and then they never ever make them. I doubt it would be possible here, but manifesting it through a geekhack post couldn't hurt lol.

I've asked SP about making short convex spacebars and they just haven’t had the time or man-power to make the tooling. It's something to look forward to in the future.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 10:33:54 »

I've asked SP about making short convex spacebars and they just haven’t had the time or man-power to make the tooling. It's something to look forward to in the future.
That's awesome to hear that the issue lies in something solveable. Thanks for sharing the info bossman!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline MrT1ddl3s

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 16:28:02 »
would prefer dsa, but this is still awesome

Offline yukiburzm

• zeonic keys
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 23:53:04 »
I'm okay with sculpted or uniform, tbh.

Offline aikilink

« Reply #483 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 20:50:08 »
Has no one made a MT3 clone yet?

I just saw a profile for the first time called MG. I thought it looked something between SA and MT3. There is a GB on here for MG Ghost. MT3 is my favorite, and I'm super excited for the Tolkien set that's coming!

Offline /jayemhaitch

« Reply #484 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:31:02 »
Yes please! I’ve been scouring the internet for this colorway!

Offline /jayemhaitch

« Reply #485 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:37:29 »
In fact, I'd take 2 sets one for me and one for my son if I could!

Offline ryukomatoi

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:19:12 »
So glad this is officially coming back!

Offline obieibo

« Reply #487 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:44:34 »
OMG OMG OMG THIS IS SICK.  Just seeing this set for the first time.  It also helped me figure out what the profile a set of keycaps my brother in law gave me (SA R3).

Offline fruitykeeb

• Storefront
« Reply #488 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:16:48 »
This set is so good

sculpted pls

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #489 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:23:31 »
Apparently, SP has new convex molds for small spacebars (2u, 2.25u and 2.75u)!

Offline breckstar

« Reply #490 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:44:32 »
sculpted :)

Offline komodo90

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 14:11:17 »
Just my personal thing, but the further into the hobby, and the more time passes by, I am slowly but surely growing into belief that Signature Plastics is simply the best manufacturer out there. Whether you like SA or not for ergonomics/aesthetics is of course totally different topic, but they are so hard to beat in terms of quality. Plus, their turnaround time for recent sets seemed to be reasonable lately.

I can't help myself but to appreciate the work they're doing.

I thought I will have a strong preference for MT3, but managed to get one set and I say it's not that special. Not bad (especially the profile itself), but the slightly bent and ragged edges, lower thickness and pretty rough texture of their keycaps bring the score down a bit. Now, I am still waiting for my first SA to arrive (SA Skyriter), so to anyone out there having hands-on experience, share your feelings - maybe I'm wrong (I am basing my judgment on close inspection of photos from SA users).

Offline obieibo

« Reply #492 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 19:06:09 »
I have an old set of SA R3 Industrial keycaps that I absolutely love.  I didn't have the exact keycaps I needed for a 65% so I bought the same colors in R3 for the SA-P profile and they came out fantastic.  I totally agree that SP make pretty good keycaps (though I've never had experience with their doubleshot sets).  I cannot stress enough how amazing a full R3 set is in SA (or SA-P) profile is.  They feel good, look great (not as squat and short like DSA), and the flexibility is insane since they're all R3.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 09:47:42 »
Apparently, SP has new convex molds for small spacebars (2u, 2.25u and 2.75u)!

Fantastic! If they make the 1u molds, I will be so happy

Offline komodo90

« Reply #494 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 14:19:44 »
This set needs to happen, and I really mean it needs to happen!  ;)
I have received my first Signature Plastics SA set, and I'm in awe of their craftsmanship and overall quality. It's just outstanding. As I mentioned before I also own one MT3 set and it is vastly inferior in every aspect (the sound, the feel, the finish, the texture, color matching and saturation). And I was the one to say SA would be a no-go several months ago. How wrong was I. Maybe the time did us a favor in here.

This set is in my absolute top 2, alongside SA Skyriter. Voodoo6k we're counting on you  ;)

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #495 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 20:34:31 »
Hi Voodoo6k,
RAMA has recenly released KATE keycap,
do you think it's possible to collaborate with him to make "KATE SNES"?  ;D

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 20:55:15 »
Hi Voodoo6k,
RAMA has recenly released KATE keycap,
do you think it's possible to collaborate with him to make "KATE SNES"?  ;D

Looks cool but this one is SA. ;)

Offline singabore

« Reply #497 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 10:27:54 »
so is row 3 the final call?

Offline edwyn

• I create stuff for CONCEPT & IDEA
    • CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #498 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 17:41:07 »
This set still happening ? I love the colors and love SA

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 13:45:34 »
so is row 3 the final call?

This set still happening ? I love the colors and love SA

Yes and yes. I wanted to deliver GMK Thinkcaps before launching SA SNES but it keeps dragging on. I will post the SA SNES details Q1.