Author Topic: [GB] ePBT Rin | GB Over | Production Completed! Shipping to Vendors!  (Read 13878 times)

Offline Jennisaurus

ePBT Rin
♫And it's a long way forward, so trust in me~♫

Group Buy: March 11 - April 11 2022
Estimated Delivery: Q1 2023 (exact dates to be announced after GB ends)

The Inspiration
This set was inspired by the colours of the main character of an anime-style music video, for one of my favourite songs (Shelter), by two of my favourite artists (Porter Robinson & Madeon)!

Colors:
Disclaimer: All kit/render images are approximations of the colours irl and will show up differently on different monitors. The final products may differ slightly from the rendered images but the Pantone codes are provided below to show the colours used.

Here are the updated pics of the actual Pantone chips (taken in studio lighting)!

More pics of the chips in outdoor/natural lighting are below
More

Kits:

Base Kit - 200 MOQ
*Note: I’ve included basic ISO support in the base kit and included UK ISO in the Latin alt alphas kit

Latin Alt Alphas Kit
*Note: I’ve included basic ISO support in the base kit and included UK ISO in the Latin alt alphas kit

NorDe Alt Alphas Kit
*Note: I’ve included support for Swedish, Finnish, German, Danish and Norwegian in this kit.
UPDATE: I have added the € symbol with the E key as I had forgotten it before. This will be what is sent to ePBT! I am also working on adding 2 additional number keys to this kit ($4 and &6) but that is still pending!

Novelties Kit

*All of the artwork for these novelties are original images drawn by either myself or the artists I had commissioned!

Numpad Kit

40s Kit

Spacebars Kit and Minibars Kit (2 separate kits)

Renders:

Saka68 by CMM.Studio

More

Dino104 by nFaiz

More

Tilted40 by Swishy

More

Deskmats:
Samples of the deskmats came in! Pictures (the lighting is not very great unfortunately) are below. I will be changing the stitching for Rin's Room to a light pink, but aside from that I am very happy with how these turned out!

Rin's World

Rin’s Room - Pink

Virtual Landscape

Deskmat Renders are below!

Rin's World

Rin’s Room - Pink

Virtual Landscape

Vendors

CAN: ApexKeyboards
US: Mekibo
SEA: Hex Keyboards
Rest of Asia & Worldwide: KBDFans
EU: MyKeyboard
UK: proto[Typist]
AU: DailyClack
India: StacksKB

Pricing (Other Vendors TBD)

Deskmat, Metal Artisan and Sleeve Prices TBD!

Collabs:

Asero Foundry

Monokei

StayWired Cables (Info about custom aviator colour to come!)

MelonKeys (DELAYED until ~June 2022)

Bowbie Keycaps

Keyzen Caps

Enso Keycaps

Froueloop

SURPRISE COLLAB - Cantoclicks!
I could not resist having a Rin Bear BaoBao collab!

Y-CP Keyboards
Below is the design for the sleeve collab with Y-CP Keyboards (one side is the blue/bear and the other side is the pink/Rin)!

ALSO there will be a STICKER with every Base kit purchase of ePBT Rin on ApexKeyboards! I have also gotten interest from Mekibo, proto[Typist] and StacksKB to offer the sticker as well! More details TBA.

See below for the sticker samples!
More

A HUGE Thank You to everyone who has been a part of this journey to GB!! From my friends and family, to vendors and collaborators, to anyone who has commented/provided feedback/seen this set!!

Join My Discord Here!

Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112457.0][img width=270 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/bzPT8mI.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2024, 16:57:48 by Jennisaurus »

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
Re: [GB] ePBT Rin | GB Live March 11 - April 11!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 10:19:35 »
Excited to be working on this set!

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 10:53:36 »
<3 Super excited for this! So many great collabs hehehe

Offline andromache

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 17:33:12 »
Love the colorway! This set is so cute. GLWGB!!

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 11:52:58 »
Had this set's IC watched but no updates on it. I know the subject was updated but still. Glad I checked the GB marketplace or else I would have missed this!

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 00:16:27 »
Thank you so much everyone for your support throughout the IC!! <3 I can't believe the GB is almost here now T-T

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 01:07:27 »

Edit: revised scale
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2022, 00:57:44 by dvorcol »

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 07:48:33 »
Amazing week 1 numbers!! ePBT Rin to the mooooon

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 11:22:46 »
Amazing week 1 numbers!! ePBT Rin to the mooooon

Thank youuuu <3

Ahhh I can't believe we are already 85% of the way to MOQ!!! T-T

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 April 2022, 15:22:18 »

Edit: revised scale
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2022, 00:57:07 by dvorcol »

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 10:20:58 »
Only 5 more days left of the GB!! I am super grateful for all the support so far T-T

The Monokei metal artisan is about halfway to MOQ so I really hope it makes it! The Asero metal artisan still needs a bit more love but we are trying to make something work out so it is not cancelled as of now! Let's see how far we can get in the next 5 days! Orders for the sleeve collab and cable collab are also ending in 5 days, so be sure to get those orders in for those as well (available on their respective websites)!

Another bit of news is we are currently trying to adjust the NorDe alphas kit and adding 2 keys that I missed for the num row ($4 and &6). We are trying to see if we can make that adjustment without any impacts and I will provide an update here once that has been decided on.

We have a few more things coming up as well, including artisan raffles from EnsoKeycaps and Bowbie Keycaps! Also, I wanted to add some more deskmat images, taken in more natural lighting :)

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 23:24:33 »
As the ePBT Rin group buy comes to an end, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who had purchased, commented, provided feedback or was simply just here to be along on this journey to GB <3
I am so excited to see the finished keycaps and everyone's Rin setups, but I know we have quite a long ways to go until then lol The Pantone chips are already on their way to ePBT and I will be finishing up the design file to send over in the next couple of weeks so hopefully we will get to see some samples soon ™️ (there is still a bunch of sets before Rin so we shall see how quickly they get to us lol)
We still have a couple of artisan collabs (Bowbie Keycaps is coming up soon, and MelonKeys will be this summer) to look forward to! As well, I will be posting the final numbers w/ extras once I get all the numbers in!
I will also be making periodic updates on my Discord server and on this thread about the status of ePBT Rin.
Thanks again everyone for making my very first GB a success!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 00:56:12 »

More
<-- without extras

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 14:08:43 »
Hey everyone! Been a bit quiet around here, but just wanted to give a small update for May:
- Our pantone chips (that were sent to KBDFans at the beginning of April) got returned this month due to the lockdowns and them not being able to deliver in that area :( We are checking if they are accepting packages again and will try again in the coming weeks.
- The design file is completed and was sent in to KBDFans!
- The good news is, for the NorDe kit, we were able to add in the 2 extra keys (the 4 and 6)! And the "E" key was also corrected in the final design file :)
- Will be following up with the last couple of artisan collabs to confirm if they have a sale date/time frame (sorry for the delays!) MelonKeys has given an estimate of mid-late June for their Rin collab so I will update once the dates are confirmed!
- Still waiting for updates on the custom aviator colour for the cable collab

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [GB] ePBT Rin | GB Over - Everything Will Be Made! | Waiting for ePBT
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 11:12:07 »
Here's the update as of July 30th:

WE GOT SAMPLES ON THE WAY!!! I'm amazed and super thankful that samples are on the way for ePBT Rin!!! I will post another update once they get here (along with the Pantone chips) and I can take a looot of pictures of them in various lighting, compared to the chips etc (and maybe even stream an unboxing once I get them?) 

In other news, the Asero Foundry metal artisans are in production and are about 3-4 weeks away from completion! I will post an update once they are complete and start shipping :) Also, the MelonKeys artisan raffle will be held sometime in August, aiming for the 2nd or 3rd week, so I will post an update for that as well when I get an exact date! We also received the finalized sample of the Rin's Room deskmat with the correct stitching colour (also linked below)!
No updates for the StayWired cable collab, Monokei metal artisan collab or the Y-CP Keyboard sleeve collab yet but I will let everyone know as soon as I hear from them! Thank you everyone for your patience!

New Rin's Room Deskmat Sample: https://i.imgur.com/3jcKGBD.jpg

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [GB] ePBT Rin | GB Over | Waiting for Samples - 3/4 Colours are Approved!
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 18:38:59 »
October Update:
Sorry for the delay! I wanted to gather some updates together before I posted here.
First, R1 samples came in last month and out of the 4 colours, only 1 (the dark blue, Pantone 2767) was approved.
This month, R2 samples came in for Pantone 705 and Pantone 2707 (light pink and light blue) and the colours were a lot closer to the chips so they have been approved!
Currently, waiting for Pantone 702 R2 samples to be made and will provide an update once the last colour has been approved!

R1 Samples Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/cg3iGSA
R2 Samples Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/WfSYIGq

Offline Jennisaurus

May 2023 Update:
- Apologies for the wait but after a few months without any updates, I am very please to inform everyone that the last colour (702) has been approved! So the colour matching is done now!
- Images of the approved colours can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/W7IWeAI
- Currently waiting to hear back about getting a final full set sample to check alignment and overall colours and also what the timeline would be for production

Offline Jennisaurus

November 2023 Update:
- So sorry for the delay in updates! But the latest news is the set in in production and is scheduled to wrap up at the end of this month (November)!

January 2024 Update:
- Production completed! KBDFans has started shipping their orders out! Other vendors are coordinating to get their shipments.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 January 2024, 16:59:10 by Jennisaurus »