Author Topic: Macro Pad with volume wheel . . .  (Read 10031 times)

Offline el_murdoque

Macro Pad with volume wheel . . .
« on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 14:40:42 »
When it comes to keyboards, I'm fairly set. I use the Preonic (ortholinear 5x12) both at home and in the office.
In the office, I need to punch in numbers fairly often, so I have a numpad on the right hand side of the mouspad.
At home, I don't need it. However, I had a Logitech G610 which had a really nice volume wheel. I missed that a lot when
I switched to the Wooting two and still miss it now with the Preonic.
So I recently acquired a Keebwerk Nano.Slider which has, as the name suggests, a slider. However,
that Slider is a MIDI device and that's a major PITA to set up in Linux. In Windows it requires special non-free software and a lot of work, too.
I'm quite disappointed with that thing and will sell it on.
So now I'm looking for something to put on the desk to control the volume with. The Nano had 8 buttons, too - which I liked.
Something with a roller, slider, wheel - you name it - that looks and works great. And I'd prefer if it worked right out of the box, both with Linux and Win10.
Any Ideas?
I can solder switches, but not PCB.

Offline keyflub

Re: Macro Pad with volume wheel . . .
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 22:40:23 »
I just ordered one of these, it sounds like it might be of interest to you - https://www.tindie.com/products/ryanbatesrbg/pcb-for-programmable-macro-keyboard-encoders-v2/#specs

Relevant video:

Offline el_murdoque

Re: Macro Pad with volume wheel . . .
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 11:20:38 »
I think this is a little beyond me. I'm rather looking for something prebuilt.