Author Topic: First mechanical keyboard advice  (Read 2687 times)

Offline mamir5

First mechanical keyboard advice
« on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 19:18:36 »
I'm looking to replace my aged Logitech K520 keyboard and am considering upgrading to a mechanical keyboard. Ideally looking to spend no more than £150 and I'm looking mainly for a keyboard to use rather than to get into the custom keyboard hobby. I would prefer either a 75% or TKL layout and it must be ISO UK and available to buy (no groupbuys where I have to wait months*)*. I found a couple of potential options that I have been considering. Are there any others you would recommend 192.168.0.1 router login  ?

Epomaker TH80 Pro - £79.99

Keychron V1 - £104

Keychron V3 - £109.99

Keychron Q1 (barebones) - £69.50

Switches - £~20

Stablisers - £~15

Keycaps - £~20-40
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2023, 09:37:14 by mamir5 »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: First mechanical keyboard advice
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 21:08:34 »
Keychron K8 is my go to recommendation if you are looking for a simple prebuilt mech, and it's cheap too.

Non mx keyboards can be good as well, If you look around on marketplaces (espically japanese marketplaces) you can find great deal on topre keyboards, you would be looking for a realforce tkl, so try and get one around your budget if you want to go that route.

You can also go to Unicomp and buy a mini m keyboard with buckling springs, which feel really nice - https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/MINI_M (I really like buckling springs and would recommend them)

These technically aren't mechanical but most keyboard enthusiasts know how good they feel and lump them in with mx boards.

Welcome to geekhack :)

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2023, 21:10:34 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt