Author Topic: Keyboard Advice  (Read 2737 times)

Offline yauhn

Keyboard Advice
« on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 02:04:55 »
Hi, I'm looking for a minimalist sober mechanical keyboard, any help would be appreciated

Most advice online is basically "bloat and more colors = better". I want the exact opposite of that, I might have bad taste.

- I NEED a firmware solution to keybindings (swapping escape with caps).

- I never use any key more on the right than "enter", so I'd appreciate it not being there at all (no del, no numpad, no arrow keys) less = more.

- I really don't care about lighting, and I systematically turn it off.

- Bonus points for the black keys without symbols (but really I don't care, it's just fancy)

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
Re: Keyboard Advice
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 07:50:26 »
you sound like an HHKB Hybrid kinda guy, but im not sure what your budget is cuz those are expensive asf. you also sound like someone who might be into stuff like ortho and 40%s?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Keyboard Advice
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 20:13:42 »
This is a hobby of preference so there really is no such thing as bad taste.

Most custom pcbs have via/qmk, allowing you to remap easily, just check if it has it though.

you should start of with a 60%, which fits the description. But as mohawk said maybe experiment with 40s later on.

If you are looking for blanks for mx switches the best ones that I know of are epbt blanks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223524987210

Can I know your budget cause I can recommend you stuff based on it

fjell | hhkb bt