Author Topic: Split the group buy section up a little  (Read 10695 times)

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
Split the group buy section up a little
« on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:40:34 »
Hi All,

I wanted to put a suggestion into the pot.

My suggestion is that the group buy section be split up into some more sub categories. Currently the group buy section is littered with Active, semi active (Group buy finished but still talking) and inactive group buys (Everyone has got their products and the thread has been brought back up because of a single poster doing necromancy). The reason that I bring this up is that on a photography forum I am apart of they use an archive subcategory to put anything which has been finished.

In my eyes, I would split the group buy section into four categories: Active, finished, Archived and Disputed.

If any of the threads need to be moved, a moderator can be contacted and this can be sorted out. This just cleans things up and also means that a thread doesn't need to be maintained for the current active group buys.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Split the group buy section up a little
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:06:18 »
Hmm, this could be good...

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:36:28 »
And then tag all the group buys with drama in them so we can either avoid them or have a giggle.

Or not.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:23:16 »
That actually sounds like a good idea.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:26:16 »
All group buys should just be run by mods and only mods, to prevent any sort of fraudulent activities.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:37:54 »
Do I sense ToS violations occurring?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:40:27 »
Do I sense ToS violations occurring?

There are no terms of service regarding stealing from your forum members, so there is nothing to violate. But all we need is trust in our mods.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 05:44:30 »
Good idea

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 05:48:43 »
That actually sounds like a good idea.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. However not completely my idea :P

And then tag all the group buys with drama in them so we can either avoid them or have a giggle.

Or not.

Well it is interesting to watch what is going on within a disputed thread. However it does help with scamming people are they are easily seen within the disputed threads.

All group buys should just be run by mods and only mods, to prevent any sort of fraudulent activities.

The way in which group buys are setup is fine currently in my eyes. However that is drifting off topic as that's more looking at the transparency of the group buy system (which they are sorting out in another thread) rather than the structure of that part of the Forum.