Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889955 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 08:15:40 »
If packages are just now making the east coast of Australia I think that any cutoff before mid-late-July is probably premature.

Berserk/Gutz was a compulsive buyer who kept multiple projects going, so I would not be at all surprised if there were multiples of quite a few of those things.

If people were thoughtful about keeping the tally up to date regarding what was ordered and what was received, it would be extremely helpful as a "community service" even if it did not get any particular item of yours re-routed properly. And, in particular, it might be gratifying to see when things had actually made it to their destinations, maybe change that font to bright bold blue or something.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:41:20 »
If packages are just now making the east coast of Australia I think that any cutoff before mid-late-July is probably premature.

Berserk/Gutz was a compulsive buyer who kept multiple projects going, so I would not be at all surprised if there were multiples of quite a few of those things.

If people were thoughtful about keeping the tally up to date regarding what was ordered and what was received, it would be extremely helpful as a "community service" even if it did not get any particular item of yours re-routed properly. And, in particular, it might be gratifying to see when things had actually made it to their destinations, maybe change that font to bright bold blue or something.

They're keeping track of this in the spreadsheet, aren't they?  That's how I found out that my Granite had been oversold.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:56:40 »

They're keeping track of this in the spreadsheet, aren't they?  That's how I found out that my Granite had been oversold.

We've been trying - but not everyone has come forward, and I'm still missing proof from some people so they have not been added in. But so  far 90% of who I reached out to have been helpful , for that I'm thankful for.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:59:17 »
It also seems like the consensus is that it's a bit too early still for the July cut-off? Mid July would be 10 weeks from the May. I will extend it to August 1st.

I hate to sound like a broken record but as a general message, I hope that we could be honest. I can't stop you from screwing over other people. But I really would urge everyone to give it their best effort to make an attempt to reach out to me about stuff you get. Likewise, I understand it cost more money sometimes to help others or get through customs. I encourage you guys that if you get a customs note, at least go and ask for the weight of the box, and notify the authorities that you may have been a victim of fraud as reported by other people from the same seller.

We have had a few more keyboards show up. it may very well be the fact that additional keyboards are in boxes that are going to show up in customs because of the weight. At the very least please check the weight of the packages - not many are going to miss and make a big deal about missing a small light box of keycap. But a heavier box means a more substantial package potentially containing boards or an aggregate of accessories, and thus likely leading to us finding more of what we are missing.

TLDR:

1. Matching users to each other via OKcupid
2. Please help us out by telling us things -we rely on you for information.
3. Don't dismiss your packages. Heavy package good, light package not so important. Use your judgement, at least physically go see and inform customs/shipping about potentially being a victim of fraud

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 10:31:21 »
1. Matching users to each other via OKcupid

Was that just to see if anyone was reading?

Offline Tyr

« Reply #455 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:16:23 »
FWIW as we both live in Belgium I would be willing to cover Kibort's import costs in exchange for the mystery box rather than letting it be sent back into a black hole and ending up in the trash. I am morbidly curious and don't mind throwing away another 50 on random crap.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #456 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:31:22 »

Very late shipped packages are only just now reaching there. To get a package from Sydney to Perth can easily take 5 days by itself. Further, per SingPost, nobody in Europe should have gotten their package before Australia. See here.

It was claimed in the original thread that final shipments were made on May 3rd. Today would be 6 weeks after the ALLEGEDLY FINAL shipment date. SingPost packages from the May 3rd shipment arrived well before the end of may. The bulk of items were shipped prior to April 29th according to Gutz's previous statements and claims. The sale was first posted in January. This means that people should be counting from WHEN THEY PAID. The end of June is a full 9 weeks from the last package shipment and more than 20 weeks from the first shipments.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 08:04:37 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:39:40 by Khers »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 08:43:51 »
I got my package today. Have been rather curious to see what I'd receive. This is what was inside the package:
Show Image

From top-left to bottom-right, you're looking at: IBM M122 case with a note that says alh84001, IBM AT cable with a note that mysteriously has three user names on it: idollar, Wodan and 3K, IBM XT lacking a spacebar with a plate (as well as parts of the case) (badly) painted off-white, IBM 3178 terminal keyboard, some kind of wrist rest and a bunch of model F flippers and some barrels that have been painted the same kind of off-white as the plate in the XT.

What I ordered was: One IBM 5251 Bigfoot keyboard, one set of premium WoB Cherry MX keycaps and one Orihalcon SDL to USB cable. The XT is rather close to the Bigfoot I'd ordered as I originally wasn't asking for a Bigfoot, instead my initial enquiry was for a cheap F to use as a spares keyboard for my FSSK build. Berserk didn't quite get the other stuff correct.

Honestly I don't know what to do at this point, besides asking the people who's names appear in my package if they want their stuff. The issue with that is that shipping large things outside of Sweden is the opposite of cheap and I'm already $140 out of pocket for stuff that didn't show up and I'm not overly keen on torching even more.

Oh look, more broken junk - except this proves that the descriptions were ALSO fraudulent.

The bottom left XT board was ordered by alh84001 - it's F05. Described as a Model F XT, teensied, white painted plate, spacebar mod, and original carriage. Do you see a spacebar mod? Nope. Plate's painted at least. But I'm guessing there isn't a Teensy in it.
The right side board is probably F26, also alh84001's order. Allegedly a Model F "Unsaver" left stock. Holy ****, someone's two items landed in the same box? That's a first.
Of course, it's missing more than half the items alh84001 ordered.

I have no idea what the 3K/idollar/Wodan tag is from, because neither idollar or Wodan told us what they ordered. But if I had to guess, it was supposed to be on a Model F 50 key. Gutz allegedly had 4 of those (3 internal Teensy, 1 external Teensy) but we have confirmed he sold at least 5. If it was from the F 50's, that would mean he sold 4 keyboards 7 times.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #459 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 09:18:57 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:39:33 by Khers »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 10:09:45 »
I've been in contact with both Wodan (nothing in the package is his) and alh84001 (almost everything in the package is his).

I opened the keyboard up to see whether it would contain a Teensy (there's a label on the back which says it does). It doesn't. There are just four leads running from the controller pin out to the outside of the case. Also, opening it up, I realized that the right foot is bent and broken. The spacebar is only absent, not modded from what I can tell (maybe Gutz has bent the stab wire a bit to decrease the actuation force, but I can't test that).

The 3178 arrived in a bag as if it was NIB or the like. However, the case has multiple scratch marks and the surface texture has been lost at the corners.

Sigh. Yeah. So that's just outright, explicit, 100% pure fraud through and through. Nobody is going to Teensy that board then accidentally leave it out. Which means the Teensy had to have been deliberately removed before sale. I'm betting the cable there goes to the Teensy that was yanked out. I don't see any claims that the 3178 was anything other than "stock" though, but it was described as good condition.

So much for this just being everything being shipped wrong. Clearly the intent was to defraud people by selling as much as possible, then keeping them on the hook long enough to transfer the funds away, knowing full well nobody would be receiving anything even close to what they paid for. And how many people have actually gotten refunds from beserkfan after shipping items back to him? I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's zero, because not one person has reported being refunded by Gutz at all - only Paypal Buyer Protection.

Offline alh84001

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 10:26:23 »
And what is strange, from what I remember, the F05 that was pictured had a non-modded spacebar assembly and the model M spacebar keycap in place of model F spacebar keycap. I was aware of that, and that's fine. So it's just strange that the spacebar was specifically removed. Maybe it was removed and normal spacebar was meant to be added. Teensy removed is also not cool at all.

This is actually most of my second package, and I already posted that my first package was all wrong. I'm kind of curious now what will arrive in the second package that is on its way to me and will arrive and in a couple of days.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:15:35 »
So it was exitfire who muted tp? How surprising. Top flight security mod smh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline 3K

« Reply #463 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 15:39:27 »
I got my package today. Have been rather curious to see what I'd receive. This is what was inside the package:
Show Image

From top-left to bottom-right, you're looking at: IBM M122 case with a note that says alh84001, IBM AT cable with a note that mysteriously has three user names on it: idollar, Wodan and 3K, IBM XT lacking a spacebar with a plate (as well as parts of the case) (badly) painted off-white, IBM 3178 terminal keyboard, some kind of wrist rest and a bunch of model F flippers and some barrels that have been painted the same kind of off-white as the plate in the XT.

What I ordered was: One IBM 5251 Bigfoot keyboard, one set of premium WoB Cherry MX keycaps and one Orihalcon SDL to USB cable. The XT is rather close to the Bigfoot I'd ordered as I originally wasn't asking for a Bigfoot, instead my initial enquiry was for a cheap F to use as a spares keyboard for my FSSK build. Berserk didn't quite get the other stuff correct.

Honestly I don't know what to do at this point, besides asking the people who's names appear in my package if they want their stuff. The issue with that is that shipping large things outside of Sweden is the opposite of cheap and I'm already $140 out of pocket for stuff that didn't show up and I'm not overly keen on torching even more.

As I already explained the tag could be from the wristrest, which I ordered. I don't know about shown keyboards though.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline 122obsessed

• I like 122 terminals
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 23:23:52 »
Show Image

This is strange, I also ordered the Unsaver. I guessing maybe it was double ordered? Either way I'm updating the spreadsheet with what I ordered.

Offline alh84001

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 00:07:57 »
Interesting. I placed my order for it by the end of the whole circus, and it was still then mentioned as unclaimed.

Offline 122obsessed

• I like 122 terminals
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 00:20:55 »
I did the same. Makes me wonder.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #467 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:03:09 »
Anyone get packages in the US yet?
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:06:44 »

Large packages, or any packages?  If the latter, then yes.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 15:00:02 »

The only packages we have any evidence of ACTUALLY shipping to the US are the ones sent SingPost with tracking, and all of those can be assumed to have arrived.
There is no actual proof that any large packages were shipped via SeaMail to the US, and the last date for being "in window" for them would be June 30th.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #470 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 10:43:16 »
Well then I guess I was never shipped anything.  Oh well...
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #471 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 11:10:39 »
Don't give up yet. Surface shipping 6-10 weeks, I will still be looking a month from now.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #472 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 12:42:32 »
Surface is REALLY slow guys. I had something shipped via surface from Japan back in April and I'm still waiting on it. It's not unheard of to wait 3 months. That's why you should never ship surface if you are worried about losing stuff.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #473 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 13:17:01 »
...but is SeaMail all untracked?

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #474 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 22:50:54 »
...but is SeaMail all untracked?

There is an option to track it with some carriers, but it varies. However, no proof that anything was actually mailed SeaMail was ever posted. The only actual receipts ever seen are for SingPost with tracking. The only evidence we have any went out is the small number that have arrived. And I reiterate:
The last date any items were shipped out was May 3, 2016. Earlier orders were shipped earlier. Carrier stated windows are considered authoritative - this means that the absolute maximum time for shipments to the US is 10 weeks. After 10 weeks, unless you got a notice from customs, the package is officially lost. Period.
Carriers can be held financially liable for lost packages even if you don't insure the package, so they DO NOT want a lost package claim. EVER. But those claims have to come from the shipper, not the recipient. You can report it as the recipient, but they'll only try to track it down or try to call the shipper. (Yes, it's entirely different from damaged in transit.) However, if they investigate a lost package and say they have no record of any package going to that address? Well, enough said there.

Contact SingPost DIRECTLY via email here! Select "Speedpost - Standard" and then "Speedpost Economy - Outgoing International" for the product.

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 00:41:16 »
Hi everyone,
Seems I got people order and my order are ahipped to other member. To whom I can report this? I already have pm a member who happened to have his order shipped to M and offer to ship it to him.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:40:31 »
Added nocturnalowl's items. At this point, there isn't any question that we have a very clear-cut case of deliberate fraud. We have items double sold, weeks apart, even after they allegedly shipped. We have stacks of items that weren't on any lists, piles of very obvious junk / throwaway items, and a mountain of missing items.

Here is just the list of confirmed double-sold items and how many times they were sold:
  • 2x KBC Poker X - still no sign of this one
  • 2x KBT Race 75% - still no sign of this one
  • 2x Corsair K95 SIP Mod "Old Glory Theme" - still no sign of this keyboard
  • 2x Orihalcon SDL to USB Cable - still no sign of a single one of these
  • 3x Filco MJ1 fullsize, stock clears with new PBT doubleshot keycaps - still no sign of this board
  • 2x IBM Model M13 - STILL no sign
  • 3x IBM Model M13 WOB Caps - nocturnalowl received the only set we've found yet.
  • 3x Filco SA Profile Keycap Set - still no sign of these either
  • 2x IBM Bigfoot, Stock (F27) - possibly found? If so, it's nothing like the description.
  • 2x Ducky Thick PBT Blue and Gray DK9008G2 Pro Style - found these, in beat up original box
  • 5x Massdrop Granite Core Set UKC2 - 3 listed, 5 sold, ZERO have shown up to date.
  • 2x Ducky Black on Yellow PBT Dye Sub - newp, MIA
  • 3x F06 Model F XT Teensied, no other mods - we found the board, it has a broken spacebar and the Teensy was deliberately removed. So, nothing like described.
  • 2x F09 Model M 122 RJC, ANSI modded - this one hasn't been located
  • 2x KC36 Buckling Spring Green on White - haven't found these yet

Offline YJL

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:50:48 »
Hi, seems like the items I ordered haven't been reflected in the excel. I've already sent PMs to both sky and rootwrym long ago. If I'm lacking anything please let me know.

C08. KBT Pure, unlubed 78g clears, blue theme aluminum casing and cable, SIP modded RGB LEDs w extra translucent keycaps, $100

Thick PBT colored grab bag $10 for 80
Tai Hao sets red and black $8 x2 = $16
Teensy 2.0 no pins $14

I received 2 teensys tho.

@nocturalowl

I received your PM and seems like I may have your cherry WOB sets. I don't really know which bags are the ones you ordered tho and will be overseas until August. If you are willing to wait, I am willing to ship it to you at cost. I'm from Singapore so expect shipping prices to be somewhere along the lines of what you paid beserkfan. Anyway I believe we will start allocating shipping and what not around July when most items are expected to have reached their destinations aye?

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #478 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:13:07 »
Hi, seems like the items I ordered haven't been reflected in the excel. I've already sent PMs to both sky and rootwrym long ago. If I'm lacking anything please let me know.

C08. KBT Pure, unlubed 78g clears, blue theme aluminum casing and cable, SIP modded RGB LEDs w extra translucent keycaps, $100

Teensy 2.0 no pins $14

@nocturalowl

I received your PM and seems like I may have your cherry WOB sets. I don't really know which bags are the ones you ordered tho and will be overseas until August. If you are willing to wait, I am willing to ship it to you at cost. I'm from Singapore so expect shipping prices to be somewhere along the lines of what you paid beserkfan. Anyway I believe we will start allocating shipping and what not around July when most items are expected to have reached their destinations aye?

Nope, I just checked. You're in there. Check the 'Edits, Comments here' tab first and foremost. If folks aren't in there, feel free to add yourself and your items, one per line. Note that we aren't moving anyone to confirmed unless we have actual proof that they did order and pay for items. There are too many dishonest people out there. Again: we're not looking for personal information, just confirmation that people ordered the items from beserkfan, they were promised the items by beserkfan, and they paid for the items.

YJL, I added your stuff when you posted it here. Since you PM'd the proof to Skysophrenic, he's the one who has to mark it as confirmed.

Offline YJL

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:16:53 »
Ah I see alright I will send a PM over to sky. Have a good day

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 15:23:19 »

Teensy 2.0 no pins $14

@nocturalowl

@YJL
Thank you for your confirmation, the wait are no worry to me. Maybe I contact you again via pm regarding my set and the shipment.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 15:28:01 »
  • 5x Massdrop Granite Core Set UKC2 - 3 listed, 5 sold, ZERO have shown up to date.

As a note, if these show up, then preference should be given to gtxorb.

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:33:09 »
Hi, as mentioned in pm by rootwyrm. I post the item I received from berserkfan in here. I willing to ship this to anyone who ordered it. But pls cover the shipping cost yourself  ;)

Whoops I forgot. The Grassvalley board is the only item that I ordered I have send the proof of my transaction to roowyrm. Other item in the photo are not mine feel free to contact me if some of those are belong to you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:35:26 by nocturalowl »

Offline 3K

« Reply #483 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 08:35:29 »
Hi, as mentioned in pm by rootwyrm. I post the item I received from berserkfan in here. I willing to ship this to anyone who ordered it. But pls cover the shipping cost yourself  ;)

Show Image

Whoops I forgot. The Grassvalley board is the only item that I ordered I have send the proof of my transaction to roowyrm. Other item in the photo are not mine feel free to contact me if some of those are belong to you.

Ooh I ordered one of these IBM keypads! Could you list what is in the other bags?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #484 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 08:59:02 »
Hi folks,

I'm a bit behind on the updates. I've been looking around and there maybe a way for you folks that paid with moneygram/WU or whatever other money transfer service.

Your bank may offer fraud protection, in which if you explain what you did and how you did it, they may be able to help you out on a one-time basis. I have been communicating with my bank, Citibank, and they're looking into being able to refund me what I paid. Granted, it's on a case-case basis, but banks should have a team of people willing to work with you if you are honest. Simply tell them what happened, your take away and if there is anything they can help you with.

Your mileage may vary.

===

It is almost July. I am reverting my decisions - come Mid July I will be pairing up/matching up/connecting people/swiping right on the behalf of you guys so you can work out potential shipping/meet ups/favors to get your stuff. Once posted, I will cease to mediate who gets what, that's for you guys to decide. And of course... none of my stuff has shown up ;Q_Q

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:09:36 »
I bought a Moneygram at Wal-Mart and paid cash, so there was no "bank" involved at my end.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #486 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:18:48 »
It is almost July. I am reverting my decisions - come Mid July I will be pairing up/matching up/connecting people/swiping right on the behalf of you guys so you can work out potential shipping/meet ups/favors to get your stuff. Once posted, I will cease to mediate who gets what, that's for you guys to decide.

Unfortunately, I simply do not have the bandwidth to do much more than I already have at this point. A large part of that bandwidth right now is going to actually identifying the items received, collecting information about their condition and components, and comparing that to the original listings - and watching other markets for them. But the fact that even when the items show up they are massively different from the sale description strengthens claims for refunds and fraud.
So far, more than half the items are significantly not as described. For example, we have boards sold as being Teensied where the promised Teensy has been removed. Boards sold as complete arriving missing caps and cables. Items sold as 'like new' in terrible condition and items sold as 'working' actually being non-functional. Even if everyone had received the correct items, there would be dozens of Paypal disputes.

At this point, Paypal is apparently refunding many disputes involving beserkfan immediately.

And of course... none of my stuff has shown up ;Q_Q

Which makes two of us. At this point it is increasingly likely that many items either simply never existed, or were never shipped.

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:27:50 »

Show Image

Ooh I ordered one of these IBM keypads! Could you list what is in the other bags?
That photo are all item that I receive from berserk that just empty box below grassvalley

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 10:00:16 »

I believe those ortholinear boards went unclaimed so they may be throw ins.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #489 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 10:14:51 »
Show Image

I need a hand identifying what we have here. I'm out of my depth on some of it.

• IBM Model F 50 - supposed to have internal Teensy controller
  • P03 Cherry G80-11801?? - I'm not sure on this one.
  • Unknown Cherry PCB??
  • Unknown Cherry PCB??
  • B02 Deko Keyboard - I presume this is the one marked VPE187?
  • Green Valley keyboard - both of these were described as BNIB or in original box. Clearly it is not.

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 10:19:21 »
Show Image

• Unknown Cherry PCB??
  • Unknown Cherry PCB??
  • Green Valley keyboard - both of these were described as BNIB or in original box. Clearly it is not.
It's not Model F.  I can confirm it is a model M I seen the sticker in the back. Maybe tomorrow I take the pict. And the last is grass Valley mx black. Suppose to be only pcb. But arrived to me only missing the keycap. And that grass Valley is the only right item that shipped to me  :'(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 11:47:36 »

It's not Model F.  I can confirm it is a model M I seen the sticker in the back.

IBM did occasionally put "Model M" labels on keyboards that were actually Model Fs - it is easy to tell by whether there is a one-piece plastic barrel plate (=M) or whether there is a metal front plate with individual barrels inserted through it (=F).

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #492 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 12:03:16 »
Show Image

• Unknown Cherry PCB??
  • Unknown Cherry PCB??
It's not Model F.  I can confirm it is a model M I seen the sticker in the back. Maybe tomorrow I take the pict. And the last is grass Valley mx black. Suppose to be only pcb. But arrived to me only missing the keycap. And that grass Valley is the only right item that shipped to me  :'(

That's what they were listed as, and as we already know, the listings were not fully accurate and a fair number were not at all truthful. I counted the keys and those are definitely F28, F29, F30, or F31. Which were listed as "Model F 50 keys" with all of them explicitly stated to be Teensied (3 internal, 1 external.) Seriously, I have no idea what beserkfan was on.

Sorry about the typo there - Green should have read Grass. Freudian slip I suppose.

Obviously the one with the missing trackball assembly is the G80-11801 but I thought that the one he listed was black. (This may be a failure of my memory.)

The two unknown PCBs could be nearly anything. He was giving away a bunch of project junk, but he was also selling several project "kits." I don't show anyone as having ordered them though.

Offline Karandach

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 05:43:50 »
Hi!

I also ordered a model F50 :eek:

I'm in the last phase to Paypal refund. Everything should be good.

Still no trace of IBM model M13 ?

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 07:05:31 »
Hey y'all;

I just got a nicely packed IBM Model F XT from a 5155 Portable Computer (PN-6450300). It came with no keycaps, cable or Teensy as they're "shipped seperatly to meet weight req's". Which means I have a useless lump of good looking metal. I think this was one of the free items as I cant see anyone in desperate need for a yellowed non-working box of springs. (how are we even meant to find keycaps for this!?)

More

Just a heads up if anyone ordered the 5155's Model F keyboard or has the cable/keycaps/teensy that it was supposed to come with. On the front of the package it said my name and GH name, BUT on the customs form it said "Non-working keyboard for hobbyist". There's no hobbyist on DT (?) and I dont know how to search names on here  :-[

(unless he just meant "for a hobbyist", to make it seem more likely to pass as a gift)

This is, of course, not what I ordered. Far from it, I'd like it to be a Silver/Chrome rapped Filco MJT2 ...but hey, I didnt have to pay import duties on this.
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline alh84001

« Reply #495 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 07:10:42 »
People actually do have use for this, so someone probably ordered it. BUT, in case no one claims this, or if that someone is far from EU and doesn't find it practical to ship it to them, please let me know as I do have a real need for this.

Also, quick update - my second package arrived to customs today, and if it doesn't get held up I should have it early next week.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 07:53:17 by alh84001 »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #496 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 07:48:35 »
Hey y'all;

I just got a nicely packed IBM Model F XT from a 5155 Portable Computer (PN-6450300). It came with no keycaps, cable or Teensy as they're "shipped seperatly to meet weight req's". Which means I have a useless lump of good looking metal. I think this was one of the free items as I cant see anyone in desperate need for a yellowed non-working box of springs. (how are we even meant to find keycaps for this!?)

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Just a heads up if anyone ordered the 5155's Model F keyboard or has the cable/keycaps/teensy that it was supposed to come with. On the front of the package it said my name and GH name, BUT on the customs form it said "Non-working keyboard for hobbyist". There's no hobbyist on DT (?) and I dont know how to search names on here  :-[

Show Image

(unless he just meant "for a hobbyist", to make it seem more likely to pass as a gift)

This is, of course, not what I ordered. Far from it, I'd like it to be a Silver/Chrome rapped Filco MJT2 ...but hey, I didnt have to pay import duties on this.

i ordered an xt, and received it. however, it is not teensied (i paid 20 extra for teensy) and the caps came in a separate box but arrived together. pictures posted above in this thread

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:15:49 »
Hey y'all;

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bull****. He pulled all the Teensies because those are easier to sell and harder to track. And he did not have to pull it for weight. It's flat out lying; it's explicit fraud. Period. The end. It's right there on the box - 1.8kg. A Teensy would not put that over weight. (I will concede a standard F cable would put it over 2kg, but given the general quality of items delivered to date? It was probably a $0.30 Chinese made USB cable.)

I don't show anyone having bought that particular board, but he was asking $88 for it. Think about that a moment. Yeah. He wanted nearly $90 for that thing, claiming it was in very good condition and would come with a Teensy and removable cable. Exactly how many of those statements is true? That's right - zero. But this definitely is not a freebie, and we have NO idea who bought it.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #498 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:42:53 »
People actually do have use for this, so someone probably ordered it. BUT, in case no one claims this, or if that someone is far from EU and doesn't find it practical to ship it to them, please let me know as I do have a real need for this.

Also, quick update - my second package arrived to customs today, and if it doesn't get held up I should have it early next week.

Hmm, if nobody speaks up about this board then I can possibly send it away, I'll give it some time but if my purchase doesn't arrive and nobody has proof of purchase then I may try and fix it up it my self. This things made like something out of WW1, it's starting to grow on me.  :p

That's if you were refering to my post, this thread confuses me something special.

~snip~

i ordered an xt, and received it. however, it is not teensied (i paid 20 extra for teensy) and the caps came in a separate box but arrived together. pictures posted above in this thread

Ah that may mean the keycaps and teensy are still in shipping towards me, or somebody else is going to get a package with some keycaps and cable. I can't really see how a split package to the same destination would arrive far apart in dates... but then again Gutz has messed this up royal.

Bull****. He pulled all the Teensies because those are easier to sell and harder to track. And he did not have to pull it for weight. It's flat out lying; it's explicit fraud. Period. The end. It's right there on the box - 1.8kg. A Teensy would not put that over weight. (I will concede a standard F cable would put it over 2kg, but given the general quality of items delivered to date? It was probably a $0.30 Chinese made USB cable.)

I don't show anyone having bought that particular board, but he was asking $88 for it. Think about that a moment. Yeah. He wanted nearly $90 for that thing, claiming it was in very good condition and would come with a Teensy and removable cable. Exactly how many of those statements is true? That's right - zero. But this definitely is not a freebie, and we have NO idea who bought it.

The entire 5155 computer system was available for ~€250 when I last looked, for the "non-working" half missing keyboard $88 is quite large even if it is a beauty. Since atleast one user has a use for this, you're right it wouldn't have been a freebie, although he mentioned before to a user that a 2kg package's max in singapore is actually 1.88kg's due to customs being gready bastards.

I weighed the keyboard and it's 1.650kg. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a teensy for this isn't that heavy.

sorry for the confusing multipost  ^-^
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #499 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:10:52 »

if my purchase doesn't arrive and nobody has proof of purchase then I may try and fix it up it my self.
This things made like something out of WW1, it's starting to grow on me.

If it really is metal, the top case shell, then it is a very nice and unusual piece. I am in the US or I would make you an offer.

If it would accommodate XTant internals, it might be particularly desirable.