Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889972 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:17:43 »
I feel the pain of the fellows involved in this problem, each time I read the thread. I just can feel sorry for you guys.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 10:32:51 »

if my purchase doesn't arrive and nobody has proof of purchase then I may try and fix it up it my self.
This things made like something out of WW1, it's starting to grow on me.

If it really is metal, the top case shell, then it is a very nice and unusual piece. I am in the US or I would make you an offer.

If it would accommodate XTant internals, it might be particularly desirable.

The entire body is metal apart from the darker gray central bit around the keys, very nicely coated with an almost pebbledashed feel to it. The large locking feet are a lovely feature to. Compared to my little 'Filco > all ever' I can now totaly understand why Model F's are so popular, even without any keycaps the spacebar has a stunning feel to it.

I'll open it up if I can figure out how, see what's going on inside and hope it's not messed up. I've used model Ms before but never had space to accomodate one. I kinda hope nobody owns up to this being purchased as I like this a lot now.  :-\

...is the the beggining of a Model F obsession?  :))
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 June 2016, 13:55:29 by Almost »
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #502 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 21:42:27 »
Well, my package has arrived in the us. Unfortunately I will be away from home all next week, so I cant open it up until 2 weeks from now. damn. I am hoping that atleast the f122 will be in there. Of course I will let you guys know when I get it and attempt to dispatch whatever is incorrect to the correct people.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:38:34 »
Folks, just to be clear, if something hasn't been reported as purchased that does not necessarily mean it wasn't purchased. It only means that we do not know who ordered the item and there was no tag identifying the correct recipient. We have no idea at all if this was sold, a freebie, or just sent to send someone junk.

Until we are completely certain an item was just shipped out as a freebie to dump it, we would ask on behalf of the folks who may have ordered it that everyone take reasonable care to prevent any damage. If you're not sure about testing an item or disassembling it (there's a reasonable likelihood the delivered items are non-functioning,) check with the person who ordered it and let everyone know the results of any testing.
At the same time, we ask folks to be reasonable in working with others to test if their items are functional. A little dirt on the keycaps is better than being surprised that you got sold scrap metal.
But again, what occurs there is between you two. Just please, please do not be ****s about it. If you don't have the tools to do the job or you don't know how, just say so. And please don't use "testing" as an excuse to beat on it into a daily driver. Treat it like you'd want somebody else to treat your stuff.

Almost, you might not want to take it apart so fast. Chloe documented the disassembly process over here. Those boards get.. messy.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 13:49:08 »
Almost, you might not want to take it apart so fast. Chloe documented the disassembly process over here. Those boards get.. messy.

Yeah I had a little gander on DT and here, I'm 100% NOT going to open it up. I'm hardly clumsy but it looks like a pain to open up without doing damage, I'll gladly clean it for when somebody reports it's theirs, but I dont want to break it!
It's back in the box for now... tempting as it is to buy her some caps and have a test drive.

Unrelated to this particular occasion, but in general; at what point do we give up and accpet a package is lost to some unknown desination?
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 14:47:31 »

Yeah I had a little gander on DT and here, I'm 100% NOT going to open it up. I'm hardly clumsy but it looks like a pain to open up without doing damage, I'll gladly clean it for when somebody reports it's theirs, but I dont want to break it!
It's back in the box for now... tempting as it is to buy her some caps and have a test drive.

Unrelated to this particular occasion, but in general; at what point do we give up and accpet a package is lost to some unknown desination?

Not so much without doing damage, as having to repair the age damage that's already there. And clean up eleven billion tiny pieces of foam. Yuck. See people? That right there is why I don't like F's. That! But honestly, if you had a set of keycaps, I don't think anyone here would give you grief for taking it for a spin. (Seriously, a large part of it is sharing the keyboards we like with others.) But none of us want people to be accusing others of breaking their stuff.

Right now the cutoff is mid-July (Skysophrenic is handling that side of the house.) If you got a box, didn't get what you ordered, and what you ordered hasn't appeared yet? Chances are that it's missing. And quite obviously a fairly large number of boards either never shipped or never existed. The difference is purely academic, since either way you're left holding the bag. Either way you should open a dispute or contact your bank or whatever is appropriate.

As an aside, I'm just waiting to get the word in writing from my credit card issuer at this point. Not surprisingly, they found 100% in my favor on the charge reversal, and Paypal basically said they weren't willing to pay shipping anywhere on a possibly broken keyboard and a handful of keycaps.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #506 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 17:33:21 »

Not so much without doing damage, as having to repair the age damage that's already there. And clean up eleven billion tiny pieces of foam. Yuck. See people? That right there is why I don't like F's. That! But honestly, if you had a set of keycaps, I don't think anyone here would give you grief for taking it for a spin. (Seriously, a large part of it is sharing the keyboards we like with others.) But none of us want people to be accusing others of breaking their stuff.

Right now the cutoff is mid-July (Skysophrenic is handling that side of the house.) If you got a box, didn't get what you ordered, and what you ordered hasn't appeared yet? Chances are that it's missing. And quite obviously a fairly large number of boards either never shipped or never existed. The difference is purely academic, since either way you're left holding the bag. Either way you should open a dispute or contact your bank or whatever is appropriate.

As an aside, I'm just waiting to get the word in writing from my credit card issuer at this point. Not surprisingly, they found 100% in my favor on the charge reversal, and Paypal basically said they weren't willing to pay shipping anywhere on a possibly broken keyboard and a handful of keycaps.

The singular peice of plastic that cirlces the keys is apparantly "very fragile", that means to me "don't even try". Still though, lovely board, I'll probably clear all the mystery shrapnel that's weaseled its way around the key shafts and hopefully get rid of the faint smell of cigarette smoke its giving my room. I wouldn't want to start a full anti-aging restoration on a something that isn't even mine  :p

Mid July sounds allright, that seems enough time for all the packages to ship and for people to come forth, I see a couple of people still waiting on customs so I still have a little hope.

Unfortunatly I took the Western Union route, there's a VERY slim chance they'll even look at my request, nevermind accept it. It's in their T&C that they don't protect against fraud. I didn't use a credit card either, 2/2 so far for no refund.
I'm not too miffed since I've now learnt not to automatically trust people based on how popular/known they are. I luckily escaped the Ivan kerfuffle but I still should have taken that as a warning  :(

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 18:56:45 »

having to repair the age damage that's already there. And clean up eleven billion tiny pieces of foam. Yuck. See people? That right there is why I don't like F's.

Please send all your Fs to me, then.

Taking the beast completely apart and thoroughly cleaning it is just part of the process. Cutting a new mat is no big deal.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline alh84001

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 05:54:05 »
I picked up a second package today and, as expected, got a bunch of crap:
1) XT assembly with bottom case, and without springs - I could have used springs and legs, but this is just useless
2) M122 bottom case and assembly with most, but not all keycap bottom parts (there could matching keycaps in one of the bags
3) Grey-on-white label 1991 model M with about half of keycap bottom parts - this one had an ironic label on it

Aside from that, there was a bunch of IBM keycaps, many from Wheelwriters according to labels, and what appears as two WYSE keycap sets and bunch of random colorful Cherry keycaps intended for Wodan.

Additionally, from the stuff I ordered this was actually in the box (not pictured):
- soldering pumps
- soldering helping hands

From the stuff I didn't order this was in the box (not pictured):
- BT headset
- 2x1GB RAM for desktops, don't know the exact kind right now

Pics at http://imgur.com/a/aE12h

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #509 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 06:48:17 »
The 2x1GB should be DDR2 and meant as a freebie for me.

Gotta leave for work, where are you located?

Thanks,

Darkshado
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2016, 07:14:25 by Darkshado »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 09:32:33 »
Wow. That really, truly is some utter junk. What the hell was that F painted with, Elmer's glue and a paintbrush? That M122 doesn't look at all good - maybe it's the angle, but it looks like somebody glued barrels back on. Badly. And calling that M a "project" is just an insult to intelligence. It's an M case with a matrix and maybe a controller plus lead weight. Busted barrel (so the plate's basically scrap,) bad springs, and - judging by the rest - gods only know what horrors under the plate.

The headset might be IkeaDragon's missing Sonicgear headphones? So, completely wrong country.

Pinged Wodan - the Wheelwriter set isn't his. So another bag of "where the hell did this come from and where the hell was it supposed to go?"

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 13:03:55 »

Here's what Wodan got. He's not on GH. The one at the top is an IBM 6112883 according to the label. There is only one of those, described as:
"IBM 6112883 SKCC Green Alps T-Mount (Japanese), NIB stock"

Well, it's a 6112883. It's Japanese. It's sure not NIB and sure not stock. It's beat to death, and yes, the case is broken too.

The M122 is with slowfi (he and Wodan combined shipping) but I have no idea which board it is. It's not the one sold twice since it's not painted red - or maybe it is and the description lied. The F122, also unsure, but we only have one sold as "stock" to 122Obessed (typo?)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 14:41:14 »
It appears as if the OP were shipping stuff from a junk yard for old PC components.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 16:14:06 »
It appears as if the OP were shipping stuff from a junk yard for old PC components.

Yet here I sit with a KBC Pure that was roughly as described, which makes me wonder if it even works at all - or if people are simply not reporting the 'better' items they've received.

Offline 3K

« Reply #514 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 16:22:26 »
To report a positive thing in this thread... last week I received the wristrest I ordered! However it was not white though, rather a little golden. Also it took an indirect route over sweden.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 21:50:57 »
To report a positive thing in this thread... last week I received the wristrest I ordered! However it was not white though, rather a little golden. Also it took an indirect route over sweden.

Is this the first recorded evidence of someone actually getting what they paid for?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 22:01:08 »

Is this the first recorded evidence of someone actually getting what they paid for?

I got my Model F XT Portable shipped out, only thing though was that it was not teensied as I paid extra for.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 22:29:35 »

I do not believe so, since I believe that ended up with someone else first, who then forwarded it on.

Keycaps, the only correct order to date has been nugglets who received the KC15 Vortex made White on White set he paid for - but not the Green LEDs he also paid for.

kekman's item is so far off from the description, it can't justifiably be called correct. The only correctly shipped item reported to date is claimed by nocturnalowl, who received the B05 Green Valley keyboard he ordered. But none of the other stuff he ordered, along with a bunch of junk he didn't.

In completely related news, I am having a large glass of wine tonight.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 23:24:29 »
Wtf. I can't believe what was in my package. Picture in a sec

edit: This is what I ordered. I haven't checked if all of the keys were there yet. I'm just happy my package even arrived.

edit 2: not missing any keycaps. just a few relegendable covers, but I wasn't going to use those

140890-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2016, 00:03:02 by mason »

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 00:01:12 »
Well this is what I got...  Gutz you ****ing ass.

Some ****ty BOW cherry profile grab bag bull**** and some ****ty WOB that look like they have cherry MY stabs.  I doubt anyone actually bought this garbage...
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline 122obsessed

• I like 122 terminals
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 00:20:18 »
Show Image

Here's what Wodan got. He's not on GH. The one at the top is an IBM 6112883 according to the label. There is only one of those, described as:

Well, it's a 6112883. It's Japanese. It's sure not NIB and sure not stock. It's beat to death, and yes, the case is broken too.

The M122 is with slowfi (he and Wodan combined shipping) but I have no idea which board it is. It's not the one sold twice since it's not painted red - or maybe it is and the description lied. The F122, also unsure, but we only have one sold as "stock" to 122Obessed (typo?)

It's likely then that the F122 is mine.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 09:51:42 »
Updated the spreadsheet.. 122obsessed, did you already PM us proof? (Either me or Skysophrenic.)

I know there were MYs listed.. just can't find 'em. Gotta love the ******* deleting the evidence as he went. Also gotta love those completely unsalvageable, worn-through junker BoWs.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 19:03:11 »
My order just arrived today, and it actually looks 100% correct: WoB M13 keycaps. Haven't checked every key yet, but at cursory glance it's at least the correct order.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #523 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 19:29:18 »
My order just arrived today, and it actually looks 100% correct: WoB M13 keycaps. Haven't checked every key yet, but at cursory glance it's at least the correct order.

(Dons M13 Hat) Really you only need to check GHB; the rest are standard M parts. So it doesn't matter if they're "M13" or not. (/Hat)

So at least one set of those exists... unfortunately, the M13 WoB set was triple-sold. At least triple sold. :(

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 20:15:06 »
Show Image

There is also a chance that this is also my F122.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 20:40:13 »
How many other Canadians are awaiting their packages? There's a high risk of a postal strike starting this Saturday, and Friday July 1st is Canada Day (i.e. a federal holiday, no mail delivery). Two days left to get our boxes, then ????

Montreal Gazette article: Canada Post negotiations: Possible strike starting Saturday

So my freebie RAM is probably going to sit in Europe for a while no matter what.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 07:19:09 by Darkshado »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 21:43:29 »
Show Image

There is also a chance that this is also my F122.

Based on the photos, the case isn't painted and it's the wrong caps. (F16 was identified as having the case painted silver and "many colorful keycaps".) If that doesn't line up with what you were told F16 was, that means the identifiers were ALSO being moved around by Gutz to further confuse things at some point. Which would not freaking surprise me.

How many other Canadians are awaiting their packages? There's a high risk of a postal strike starting this Saturday, and Friday July 1st is Canada Day (i.e. a federal holiday, no mail delivery). Three days left to get our boxes, then ????

... stop with the bad news already people! I have enough reasons to drink! :(

Offline biocalves

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 23:54:09 »
Hey Hey Hey I finally got a package!!!!!

http://imgur.com/vfSptfJ

So this is what I ordered:
DSA Grab Bag - $20
Vortex White on White Doubleshot PBT for Backlit - $22
J05. KBT Race 75% - $50
Cyan on White Thick PBT - $20

I received:
Red and White Blank DSA Keys
Blank Grey DCS Keys
White on Blue DCS Mods (Partial)
Some printed DCS Alphas

So yeah no sign of Doubleshot PBTs, KBT Race, and Cyan on White Thick PBT.

Berserkfan if you are reading this, I don't think you can look at me in the face and tell me that this is equal or similar value buddy. I paid you via Paypal gift through my bank account so you have my money, and it's not, but this is still too much...

Guys, I guess I have some DCS I can ship to you that wasn't part of my order, but honestly I don't even think it's worth the postage. However, let me know who ordered it and I'll see what I can do about getting it in your hands.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 08:00:57 »
Hey Hey Hey I finally got a package!!!!!

http://imgur.com/vfSptfJ

So this is what I ordered:
DSA Grab Bag - $20
Vortex White on White Doubleshot PBT for Backlit - $22
J05. KBT Race 75% - $50
Cyan on White Thick PBT - $20

I received:
Red and White Blank DSA Keys
Blank Grey DCS Keys
White on Blue DCS Mods (Partial)
Some printed DCS Alphas

So yeah no sign of Doubleshot PBTs, KBT Race, and Cyan on White Thick PBT.

Berserkfan if you are reading this, I don't think you can look at me in the face and tell me that this is equal or similar value buddy. I paid you via Paypal gift through my bank account so you have my money, and it's not, but this is still too much...

Guys, I guess I have some DCS I can ship to you that wasn't part of my order, but honestly I don't even think it's worth the postage. However, let me know who ordered it and I'll see what I can do about getting it in your hands.

Can you PM myself and Skysophrenic proof? Recordkeeping is critical now - especially since many items were double-sold. Also, try opening a dispute through Paypal anyway. They are 100% aware that beserkfan was engaging in straight up fraud at this point and have been for over a month; if they won't refund, reverse the charges through your credit card issuer if possible.

THE SPREADSHEET

Case in point, the Vortex White on White PBT doubleshots? Those were doublesold. Only one set, and he charged two people two different prices for it. Which we didn't know till this post. TELL US WHAT YOU BOUGHT, PEOPLE. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

I cannot emphasize this enough: Gutz scammed everyone. It is in your best interests to tell us what you ordered as quickly as possible. Dispute windows are closing. You are almost certainly not going to receive what you paid for in any boxes that do bother to show up. The spreadsheet exists to try and get folks what they paid for from the person it landed with. That's why we require proof from buyers.
And people who think they're going to just sell someone else's items to recoup their losses... you will get caught. We're watching.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 08:10:05 »
And people who think they're going to just sell someone else's items to recoup their losses... you will get caught. We're watching.

And what is the consequence?  Not sure you can really do anything.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Scarpia

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 11:29:38 »
I received my package today. I ordered 11 kgs worth of stuff, including 5 keyboards, paid several hundred dollars with shipping of one 10kg box and another 1kg box.

What I received: Two flimsy cardboard boxes taped together to hold 4.9kgs worth of keyboard junk, and (of course) none of what I actually ordered.

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/LkErN

Received (untested, very likely some or all of this is defective):

* Filco Majestouch (no keycaps)
* CiTaq point of sale keyboard (loosely put together without screws)
* Keys: A dozen or so colored IBM keys
* Keys: Chinese doubleshots - the bag says 'full set' but I haven't counted them
* Keys: A couple of IBM-style spacebars
* Keys: Filco keycaps? White on black Cherry MX stem keycaps, space bar weirdly taped up like it's been broken before? Can't tell if these are actually Filco caps.
* Keyboard rubbish worth nothing: Two PCBs of unknown origin and a foam pad
* 4 junk cables, DIN to some kind of PCB connector pair?

And just for the record, this is what I actually ordered:

* 2 x Teensy 2.0 no pins
* KBC PokerX, SIP modded
* KBT Pure, unlubed 78g clears, blue theme case+cable
* Model F 50 keys teensied
* Model F bigfoot stock
* Model F XT teensied, no other mod
* Thick PBT colored grab bag, 80 pieces
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2016, 11:39:42 by Scarpia »

Offline alh84001

« Reply #531 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 11:36:44 »
I feel for you man. I really do.

Those two PCBs are from an XT. And that foam is a freebie meant for me I believe :D I don't think there was more than one. And from what I can tell, cables are also from XTs and terminal (122) model Ms.

Edit:
I think that Filco matches the description of J03 - "Filco MJ2 Bluetooth Convertible JIS fullsize, switch moddable white plate, SIP modded, full set SA profile keycaps and many more keycaps", obviously not the keycap part. It was supposed to go to Darkshado.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2016, 12:04:13 by alh84001 »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #532 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 12:35:03 »
Jeezuz****. That's two Model F PCBs - one of them is effectively scrap. And once again, junk that is not on the list. Value? Zero. The buckling spring keycaps? Less than worthless. The Filco keycaps? Not listed, so worthless freebies. The cables are for M's and F's; also pure scrap.

The Citaq is P18 - freebie junk. No wonder it was free. It's literal garbage. At most useful for harvesting the switches out of. Does it even have switches?

The Filco in the box is most definitely J03, no question. It was originally listed for $180, sold for $36. I considered it briefly, but Filco, so I passed. That's Darkshado's. Tells you a lot right then and there, that it sold for $36.

I saw that photo and I really hoped it was J01 so Scarpia and I could cross-ship boards (I have his Pure, or at least PART of it) but no such luck.

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #533 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 19:07:34 »
****. So much for the idea I might have avoided some of the mess with my order shipping out later... Two items at opposite ends of Europe so far.

On the assumption there still is a box bound for my address, the labour conflict at Canada Post throws a question mark on when that'll get here.
(They're still negotiating according to this La Presse article in French)

Scarpia: would you mind testing the board when you get a chance, and are the "Filco" caps in that box a match for it? (No rush due to postal problems stated above.)

Regards,

Darkshado

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #534 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 19:25:59 »

Show Image

Some ****ty BOW cherry profile grab bag bull**** and some ****ty WOB that look like they have cherry MY stabs.  I doubt anyone actually bought this garbage...

This is the first time, that I see a worn off double shot cap, down up to its legends layer, wow!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 20:08:22 »

Show Image

This is the first time, that I see a worn off double shot cap, down up to its legends layer, wow!

Could've been a misprint. I have a few of those from SP.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #536 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 21:55:02 »

Show Image

Could've been a misprint. I have a few of those from SP.

It's not. It's most definitely not. Look at the other keycaps. Specifically the arrow. That's not misprint - that's straight up wear-through on two keys. Look at the keycaps next to it - there's excessive wear, clearly visible. Even if it was a misprint, it was never disclosed anywhere in any of the lists. At this point, it's beyond naive to think the majority of items shipped were not outright lied about in multiple regards.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #537 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 22:35:14 »
Although I'm not involved in this mess, I just want to say thank you to everyone trying to make this right, you're really stepping up when people need you.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 23:07:02 »

It's not. It's most definitely not. Look at the other keycaps. Specifically the arrow. That's not misprint - that's straight up wear-through on two keys. Look at the keycaps next to it - there's excessive wear, clearly visible. Even if it was a misprint, it was never disclosed anywhere in any of the lists. At this point, it's beyond naive to think the majority of items shipped were not outright lied about in multiple regards.

Mate, I'm not saying he isn't wrong at this point - just making a comment.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #539 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 15:44:43 »
Well ****. Just got my box today, and I recieved someone else's order entirely. Not that I expected to get my stuff mind you.
`

I will get on DT and message the user that I recieved's order. What a ****ing mess.
WHAT I ORDERED:
Ibm Model F122 ansi modded plate painted teensied
Ibm Model F 50 keypad, teensied
Reuters G80-9009
PLU-87 tkl
WHAT I RECIEVED:
m13 missing keycaps and trackpoint
f50 unmodded
a few model f cables
colorful BS keycaps

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #540 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 16:44:02 »
Well ****. Just got my box today, and I recieved someone else's order entirely. Not that I expected to get my stuff mind you.
Show Image
`
Show Image

I will get on DT and message the user that I recieved's order. What a ****ing mess.
WHAT I ORDERED:
Ibm Model F122 ansi modded plate painted teensied
Ibm Model F 50 keypad, teensied
Reuters G80-9009
PLU-87 tkl
WHAT I RECIEVED:
m13 missing keycaps and trackpoint
f50 unmodded
a few model f cables
colorful BS keycaps

Sigh. *puts on The M13 hat* That is absolutely not an M13. Period. It is absolutely without any question F37 - which was ordered and paid for by both Tyr and karandach - but it is a statement of fact that it is not an M13. Without the complete TrackPoint assembly it is at best a low value M, and most definitely not the $300 M13 with "mint keycaps" it was described as. It was clearly hacked up by someone with absolutely no respect for the board. I'd wager the PS/2 pass-through is missing and if not, non-functional. This is not a repairable or salvageable M13; it's a collection of worthless parts.

That's also not the F that was advertised or paid for. That one was explicitly advertised as being Teensied. But at least it appears to be in not-completely-worthless condition. No surprise, every single F 50 key has been missing the Teensy or otherwise not as advertised.

Mike, can you please PM Skysophrenic and I proof of your order so we can put that in the spreadsheet?
Also can you please get me some more shots of the black junk? I need the GHB and 7/8/F6/F7 area so I can confirm that is NOT an M13 plate, the rear panel, and a straight on shot of the front mouse button area. That should tell me how much of a basket case it is.

Offline Karandach

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 16:51:11 »
I'm divided between happiness and disappointment.

EDIT : ok I understand, I hoped to have the original caps.

Normally there were several M13 for sale.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2016, 17:29:03 by Karandach »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 18:09:49 »
I'm divided between happiness and disappointment.

EDIT : ok I understand, I hoped to have the original caps.

Normally there were several M13 for sale.

According to the docs we have, there was F24 as a 1391401 M with bolt mod, teensy, in a black M13 trackpoint case and with extra M13 internals, keycaps, and green on white dyesub - that was F24. The only other black M13 was F37. The other was a white MaxiSwitch - which is why I passed on it. It's entirely possible this is F24 - which would make the fraud even MORE galling and blatant if anything.

Given beserk was editing and altering evidence the whole while, it's possible he had and removed another M13. But "mint" condition M13's in any color are increasingly rare. If there had been another on there, I almost certainly would have grabbed it myself.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #543 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 00:24:25 »
He's watching ...

141248-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Karandach

« Reply #544 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 03:15:14 »
I checked my conversations with Bersekfan and I have noticed this informations :

https://goo.gl/photos/n6AjLFVpFjDbzXsj7

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 22:16:08 »
He's watching ...

(Attachment Link)

You're confused. He's been active quite a bit since January 7, 2016.  :rolleyes:

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #546 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 22:45:38 »
I checked my conversations with Bersekfan and I have noticed this informations :

Well atleast your order was close to right, It just got sent to me :)) still missing keycaps on the m13 though.
Keep me informed when you need me to send your stuff out.
Having a bit of fun with your colored keycaps right now though :D  :D

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 08:26:17 »

Ugh, yeah.. I needed to zoom in on the picture more. Slider configuration is a dead giveaway - that's an M13 ridged upper. Stupid mistake due to rushing.

That should be a Lexmark with an M13 OPN. So at least he did a clean removal of the trackpoint itself - it anchors with glue with the top of the T fitting in the lower ridge gap. Those are also all 'black ribbon' trackpoint boards. 7 conductor strain gauge zig-zag cable, and essentially impossible to replace or repair. (They're genuine TrackPoints, meaning the patented strain gauge setup. Unicomp couldn't get the rights.) Any sort of attempt to refit a trackpoint would require a whole new controller, button matrix, and hacking in a physically incompatible assembly or replacing the whole plate.

So basically, it's no different from an M in an M13 case at this point.

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 15:37:52 »
As a complete outsider, just glancing down this thread looks like some Woody Allen tragic comedy.

The seller should be glad this didn't happen on Ebay.

And, as far as I understand, paypal will refund unquestionably if what you received was significantly not as described, and then seek the money from the seller. I'm pretty sure it's part of their VISA / money license thing. Then, they themselves would chase the seller through bailiffs / the courts if necessary.
SENT FROM MY TRKA-100-ULTRA-PRO-1R WITH FLASHY MULTI-COLOURED LEDS FOR MEGA ULTRA COOLNESS
(please like me)

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 15:40:37 »
As a complete outsider, just glancing down this thread looks like some Woody Allen tragic comedy.

The seller should be glad this didn't happen on Ebay.

And, as far as I understand, paypal will refund unquestionably if what you received was significantly not as described, and then seek the money from the seller. I'm pretty sure it's part of their VISA / money license thing. Then, they themselves would chase the seller through bailiffs / the courts if necessary.

would that be as effective since he lives in Malaysia, or wherever?