Author Topic: E6-V2 Round 2 - 60% custom keyboard - (GB End)  (Read 194852 times)

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

Hey guys, just wanted to share some info and feedback since I have a round 1 E6V2, and have experienced a few GB's personally or through friends, some good (Mechmini1/SA sets, Alf, Tric, 9009, Pristine) and some ****ed GB's (M65-A, Exent, Mech27 R1), and because I see some people questioning the future of the buy!

The quality and design of the board are excellent. A product of multiple GB's under his belt.

The fact that Exclusive is so flexible on colors/design/payments, and willing to work with everyone are clear signs of a person who cares more about your product than his product.

Another huge one is being active on multiple platforms and his own thread. As in, not disappearing from anxiety when things go wrong, responding quickly, etc. In the end, its not always about the money. A simple "sorry I ****ed up the buy" will go a longer way than disappearing.

So please don't be worried friends. Exclusive will make it right! Heres my E6, cheers!
Show Image

Is that black Mao black?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Aye, the mythical Oreo Keeb.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline olivia

I'm also a R1 E6-V2 owner. Exclusive has been one of the best GB runners I've had the experience being a part of, I have no doubts in his ability to deliver a product you will love :)

192232-0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I'm also a R1 E6-V2 owner. Exclusive has been one of the best GB runners I've had the experience being a part of, I have no doubts in his ability to deliver a product you will love :)

(Attachment Link)

the only rose gold e6
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fatpolomanjr

I don't think bro gamer sets are meant to be used like this, but I plan to do so on my E6:

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline tanvir175

I don't think bro gamer sets are meant to be used like this, but I plan to do so on my E6:

Show Image

I have no idea what keyset I would want on mine. Black-Red-Black; any suggestions? As of now, I only have GMK Nautilus, Laser, and Red Samurai. All are already planned for a different board (Lake M60-A, Purple Espectro, Dark Red CA66, respectively).

Offline fatpolomanjr

Have you looked into GMK Demonic:

Or perhaps GMK Led Zep:

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline tanvir175

I've seen them both but they're not my cup of tea. Hoping I'm able to find something by the time this gets delivered.

Offline jamoz330

• Yup

Show Image

Nutty

What bro set is that?

Offline fatpolomanjr

Killing Spree v2.

Offline bthezebra

Exclusive is fantastic with communication and assistance. He delivered a great product and I fully support his buys

Offline __foo_

Is the USB port in the middle or on the left?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Is the USB port in the middle or on the left?

center
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HardcoreDesk

I have a local place near me that does PVD coating for tools, drillbits, and such. They offer gold TiN coating, that I'm going to see if they can do on my E6 nameplate, midpiece, and weight.

Also like to add, this is my all-time  favorite 60% design and I really can't wait to use it
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 19:51:40 by HardcoreDesk »

Offline johuu

I want to start to work on my QMK layout for the E6-V6 R2. Which keyboard/pcb in the official github repo can I use as a starting point?

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
I want to start to work on my QMK layout for the E6-V6 R2. Which keyboard/pcb in the official github repo can I use as a starting point?
E6 is in the official repo as 'e6v2'.

Offline johuu

E6 is in the official repo as 'e6v2'.

Thanks.

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
when is e6 v3
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
I have sent all orders to factory last week

Factory will confirm and talk to me about manufacture

Btw,FE orders plz give me you customized count weight design files

Need Ai or psd files . You can give me the Dropbox links or whatever I can download

Thanks !

Offline prelude46

when is e6 v3

Exclusive said he most likely won't be doing another run of the E6.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.

Offline lanyusea

Need Ai or psd files . You can give me the Dropbox links or whatever I can download

Thanks !

done! (gave it to you last month as I remember
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline japanitrat

Thanks !

When do you need these at the latest?

Offline japanitrat

Thanks !

Also, is there still time to change the name tag engraving?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.

Thanks !

Sry can’t change

Deadline was  5th April

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black

Thanks !

Sry can’t change

Deadline was  5th April
I assume that was mistyped as that is in over a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline tanvir175

Thanks !

Sry can’t change

Deadline was  5th April
I assume that was mistyped as that is in over a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

He might have been answering the other question? The one about needing the files for the FE's.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Oi, not sure if the R2 pcbs have any changes, but https://www.reddit.com/u/merlin36 was able to update the configuration to support the existing QMK pcbs and my QMK repo:

http://config.qmk.fm/#/e6v2/KEYMAP_HHKB

Anything can be done with the standard KEYMAP (it has all the different split keys), but if you are using one of the specific layouts you can use that instead and not have to fill your layout with KC_NO for stuff that you don't use.

If the R2 QMK pcb happens to be different, let me know and I can work on adding support for that one too.

Offline bthezebra

Oi, not sure if the R2 pcbs have any changes, but https://www.reddit.com/u/merlin36 was able to update the configuration to support the existing QMK pcbs and my QMK repo:

Anything can be done with the standard KEYMAP (it has all the different split keys), but if you are using one of the specific layouts you can use that instead and not have to fill your layout with KC_NO for stuff that you don't use.

If the R2 QMK pcb happens to be different, let me know and I can work on adding support for that one too.
Very cool of you!

Offline OnceSavedGaming

As someone who has never used QMK, which route would be easier?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
Here is the size and sample pic

designed by afrokobe.

AI / CDR
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 22:42:21 by excluisve »

Offline mmontess

designed by afrokobe.

Show Image

ai.psd cdr .

Do we have the entire space of the weight to work with, or does the E6_V2 founders edition part need to be on there as well?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.

designed by afrokobe.

Show Image

ai.psd cdr .

Do we have the entire space of the weight to work with, or does the E6_V2 founders edition part need to be on there as well?
You can put whatever you want on the weight!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 10:03:05 by excluisve »

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
Hey exclusive I sent you a PM on here and reddit regarding my order. Haven't said it enough but the E6-V2 looks great :)
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
Hey exclusive I sent you a PM on here and reddit regarding my order. Haven't said it enough but the E6-V2 looks great :)
checked in reddit

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
i have receive somone`s files for FE brass weight

but ai /psd all failed so i may need dwg or dxf

thanks !

deadline delay to 10th btw FE orders plz sent files to me

after deadline i will leave it blank

Offline japanitrat

thanks !

Thanks for the extension, exclusive!

In an earlier post you mentioned soimething about 160 mm width (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94248.msg2571034#msg2571034), whereas here it says 210 mm. Not sure which one to pick now (210 looks more correct).
Also, from the sample picture above, what do the pink outlines around the holes mean?

Offline lanyusea

thanks !

Thanks for the extension, exclusive!

In an earlier post you mentioned soimething about 160 mm width (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94248.msg2571034#msg2571034), whereas here it says 210 mm. Not sure which one to pick now (210 looks more correct).
Also, from the sample picture above, what do the pink outlines around the holes mean?

I asked Exclusive last month, the 160mm is the width between two screw holes, 210mm is the overall length of the weight.
He suggests me to use the 160mm area only because if your diagram/figure is larger than 160, you need to be care about where the holes will show up in your diagram.

The pink outline is just some line in CAD software to show the boundary of holes, it will not be shown on the surface of final product, and personally I think the area inside cannot be printed since the surface is not flat.

HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Exclusive, how many total FE E6s were paid for? Trying to snazzy up my weight.

also, does the design need to be done in 3d, or is a 2d vector fine?

Oh yeah, and do you want it sized for the entire weight, or just the area between the screws will be fine?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
Oh yeah, and do you want it sized for the entire weight, or just the area between the screws will be fine?
Just the area between the screws

Just the area between the screws
Okay, thanks

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
Last day for files of fe brass weight design.

Were you able to open mine?

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
Were you able to open mine?
i am working on tt will show when finish  :)

Offline johuu

Super excited to get my E6 at some point.  ;D

Offline japanitrat

Would also like to know if you received my design and if it works out.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
Hi Exclusive, I was just wondering if you have received my message or email. I hope everything is going well!

Offline HardcoreDesk

Any updates on production?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Any updates on production?

Title of the thread.