Author Topic: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed  (Read 111515 times)

Offline acerb

Re: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 03:39:00 »
Would those be Double Shot? Sorry for my ignorance of the SP DCS molds...

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 05:56:42 »
Would those be Double Shot? Sorry for my ignorance of the SP DCS molds...

DCS is available in both dyesub and doubleshot. This set would be doubleshot ABS.

Offline jtqx

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 12:19:29 »
My understanding is that SP is already planning to create convex moulds for short bars in DCS, but the timeline for that is slow. It took them quite a while to get bars made for SA, and I don’t know whether DCS or DSA is their next priority.

Not sure if alice bars will be kept for the DCS base kit but I'm here to suggest they should not be.

I acknowledge that buying these bars in a separate kit will be more costly for those who want it.
However, I personally, as a user of layouts that require the short spacebars, will never use non-convex spacebars. I do think that this sentiment is shared by the majority. Non-convex spacebars are weird, and I might as well be using my shift keys. The difference between it being blank and having legends is negligible to me because it is already in a wrong profile.
Happy to be proven wrong with stats from any ICs because these are just based on my observations.

Therefore, I think in the climate of the high prices of DCS/SP base kits, and the rising USD, its better if base kits can be less bloated to reduce costs.

Of course, the best case is to have convex moulds available, in which case I would love for it to be included. But as you said, timelines are long and it will likely not be done in time for this GB.
Big boys: JER1800, Cypher, IBM Model M, W1-AT
TKLs: F1-88, F1-8x_722, F2-84, EO87, Matrix ME, IBM 'SSK', Bias, NCR80
Small boys: HHKB Pro 2, KWa.6, Maggio
Others: Praxis, LZ Phase, Sagittarius

65% and 75% bad

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 12:59:21 »
Not sure if alice bars will be kept for the DCS base kit but I'm here to suggest they should not be.

Decisions of this sort will be made based on actual quotes.  While concave blanks are clearly not optimal for use as short bars, there are many who would want them anyway in lieu of just using Shift keys or the like.  Until I get actual quotes back, however, it is not clear whether they'll work best as part of a base mods kit versus a separate spacebar kit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 14:28:57 »

Decisions of this sort will be made based on actual quotes.  While concave blanks are clearly not optimal for use as short bars, there are many who would want them anyway in lieu of just using Shift keys or the like.  Until I get actual quotes back, however, it is not clear whether they'll work best as part of a base mods kit versus a separate spacebar kit.

neither here nor there but it was a pretty small difference in the dark sky base kit to add them vs keep them out of the base kit. the market data i have shows that alice users don't like using legended caps for their spacebars. but up to you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MMJ1999

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 21:06:42 »
Cooool!

Offline Shorle

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 11:42:09 »
The long silence doesn't bode well, any news?

[...] Things of note:
  • Legends would use a Gorton / Wyse typeface, as SP has nearly all of the German language modifiers in this style. Any new legends will attempt to follow the same style.
  • Instead of two base kits, I am aiming to have one base mods kit and two alpha kit options. 
    • The base mods kit will include support for most 40s, 60s, 65s, 75s, and TKL.  It will also include Alice support, though the short bars will unfortunately have to be concave blanks.
    • Numpad will have a separate kit (as that is more affordable to separate out in SP).
    • The primary alpha kit will include support for US, UK, and Polish layouts (with the Polish sublegends optional).
    • The second alpha kit will support standard ISO NorDe layouts as well as both ANSI-DE variants (R2 1.50u #' and R1 1u #').
  • German language modifiers will be contained in a small supplemental addon kit.
  • Ergodoxian support is being reworked and may be omitted  :(
  • This version will target the same RAL color for the blue and will use a stock SP white.

I do understand the switch to DCS and since I love this color I might hop in if it does go live but I have a few notions:
  • I dig Gorton / Wyse typeface but so far I haven't seen any DCS kits with proper NorDe / German support for "tertiary" characters written with Alt Gr key (like [ on the 8 key or ~ on the + key). I find this epspecially weird because of the emphasis on German and Polish characters for the theme.
  • Probably a good choice for convenience and price.
    • 40s is a lot of extra (shorter) which will bump the price up, X5s are a good choice these days I think. Alice support with more split spacebar keyboards / PCB coming up is great, not sure about them being in base st though, especially if they are concave. Convex would be great!
    • Numpad as a child kit is probably best
    • Polish primary is not for me but I think it is more unique and inclusion of US/UK in the base is probably best - US buyers are not used to have to get extra child kits to have correct keycaps and are probably ging to skip because they can pick from a very big selection anyway.
    • R2 1.50u #' and R1 1u #', NICE!
  • Aren't the German language modifiers part of the second alpha kit already?
  • Ergodoxian ... can't comment on that those
  • colour choice is great, I hope the white is not too bright / snow-white
One extra fun fact: Omitting German GMK for this prussian themed set and instead going for the American Signature Plastic is a little ironic.

Edit: list formatting ...
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 February 2023, 12:08:35 by Shorle »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 12:45:02 »
Please not DCS. Go for GMK again at another time.
Are you aware of the definition of insanity?

What are you implying?
Maybe you're new to this hobby, but several cancelled sets have later ran successfully.
Then just wait for it to run under GMK again  :D
The long silence doesn't bode well, any news?

He's only been gone half a year, give it another 2 halves and then start panicking XD
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 05:49:43 »
I’m not gone. I’m just not fully sure when to attempt this GB again.

Offline Delontino

• Lubed & Filmed
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 11:48:38 »
Please revive this groupbuy with GMK. This is one of the best colors I've seen and I was so excited for this set, especially as a GMK set.

I will re-buy immediately if you restore the GB soon. Really hoping you do!

Offline acerb

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 09:27:49 »
Funny how it goes sometimes. Some sets have been made and there are only 1 or 2 pages in the thread. this one has been cancelled quite quickly and we already have 5 pages of discussion about it.

I'd like to have it double shot, especially if Polish is still in there... GMK is just a plus to me.

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 10:47:54 »
Funny how it goes sometimes. Some sets have been made and there are only 1 or 2 pages in the thread. this one has been cancelled quite quickly and we already have 5 pages of discussion about it.

I'd like to have it double shot, especially if Polish is still in there... GMK is just a plus to me.

fr ong. polish goodm :p

Offline zebus

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 11:01:40 »
It got canceled so fast I didn’t get a chance to order my 14 sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 18:24:26 »
It's a nice set, sure.

But it was geared towards non-US users and it was USD135 in US / Canada and USD150 everywhere else.

It ran in June 2022. For the 6 months prior, GMK shipped ~4.5 sets per month on average. The queue was literally 3+ years at that point. Over the next 6 months (July '22 ->), GMK's average jumped up to 8 sets per month, and the number of new GMK GBs per month plummeted.

I'd love to own this set, but the reality is that in the current environment and with some patience, you can pick up in-stock GMK extras for less than their GB price. If it reruns at a good price, I'll buy it; but for $150 it's a hard no.

Offline limk5

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 12 February 2023, 02:26:30 »
It's a nice set, sure.

But it was geared towards non-US users and it was USD135 in US / Canada and USD150 everywhere else.

It ran in June 2022. For the 6 months prior, GMK shipped ~4.5 sets per month on average. The queue was literally 3+ years at that point. Over the next 6 months (July '22 ->), GMK's average jumped up to 8 sets per month, and the number of new GMK GBs per month plummeted.

I'd love to own this set, but the reality is that in the current environment and with some patience, you can pick up in-stock GMK extras for less than their GB price. If it reruns at a good price, I'll buy it; but for $150 it's a hard no.

I also agree with this. Might wait till all the delayed gmk sets are produced. The time will come when people will open their wallet easily to this set.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 04:49:02 »
But it was geared towards non-US users

what? it did cover ANSI. most of the goated sets everyone wants have non-english legends, sets like perestroika, tulip, peacock, EU og doubleshots, mono hiraganas, blanks and so on, why would this particular set be any different?

Offline actress

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 06:01:34 »
I believe in an epic comeback with us kit only, r5 and icon + text mods

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 09:09:32 »

nah, it's gonna run as PBTFans with the alphas turned to muddy gray and the modifiers light black with a completely unrelated and arguably atrocious accent color.   :p

probably something like Prussi-olch
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2023, 09:13:08 by pixelpusher »

Offline grobert2137

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 09:50:30 »
beautiful color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 12:32:04 »
Yeah... no.

The kitting arrangement will probably change, but I'm not going to run this as a US-only setup. At the bare minimum, I want US, Polish, and German layouts to get covered somehow; otherwise it's a loss to an essential part of the theme.

I don't like R5, and I don't need to add that as an extra expense.

Icon + Text mods aren't really a good fit for this either.  The icon-only style for Shift / Caps / Tab / Backspace / Return has become part of the standard for German keyboards commercially. I have no intent on veering away from that. Other colorways can do icon + text.

Offline ZAND4

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 14 February 2023, 16:16:59 »
What a booomb.
Looking forward to seeing the GB soon

Offline CyCo

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 04:02:58 »
Beautiful color! Matches my wall color that i found after so long!
Any chance of fun novelties?

Offline RelativeChance

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 01:04:37 »
If it's not gmk that would be a deal breaker for me, I would rather wait for gmk to catch up with it's queue and then run this than go with another manufacturer and it ending up costing a similar price with lousy legend quality. However mainly I just want the hibi so whatever manu you go with keep the hibi

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 05:30:25 »
This was too good to be cancelled

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 09:29:29 »
I would buy it if it has a separate US base

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 14:15:28 »
I would buy it if it has a separate US base

The original kitting was two base kits: US / Polish and German.

Offline Akele

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:49:52 »
Please consider keeping the international kit if you do run this again. Thanks.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 21:48:38 »
Still need this. I was one of the people waiting for the last week of the buy, for cash flow reasons, and I am devastated that it didn’t run. GMK only, I’m not buying PBT or another manu.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 00:10:53 »
yeah GMK only please

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 09:54:07 »

The kitting is probably going to be restructured somewhat.  Which country do you need support for?

Offline akejojo

« Reply #230 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 21:23:01 »
GMK only please

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 21:23:43 »

The kitting is probably going to be restructured somewhat.  Which country do you need support for?

Please keep UK support.  :thumb:

Offline Akele

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 04:29:07 »

Please keep UK support.  :thumb:

Yes, please keep UK support. Hope to see this run as GMK if at all possible.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 08:30:08 »
Chiming in. I do think 2023 is a good time to run this set. I see people mention this set occasionally. Interest is definitely still there.

If it were my set, I'd run just the polish basekit. Maybe removing some keys to get the price in a more acceptable range.

Definitely lots of paths you could take with kiting to get this across the finish line. While I love the current kitting (I really think designers should kite for their own preferences), i think demand is low on a lot of the included keys.

Would love to see it!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 09:43:17 »
Chiming in. I do think 2023 is a good time to run this set. I see people mention this set occasionally. Interest is definitely still there.

If it were my set, I'd run just the polish basekit. Maybe removing some keys to get the price in a more acceptable range.

Definitely lots of paths you could take with kiting to get this across the finish line. While I love the current kitting (I really think designers should kite for their own preferences), i think demand is low on a lot of the included keys.

Would love to see it!

I would even cut of the num pad keys from the base to bring the price down further, at $135 base, with tax and shipping it is actually close to $160 total, you can get alot of cool sets aftermarket for $160 and you get it next week not next year

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 10:03:42 »

Would love to see it!

The kitting would definitely change for a second GMK attempt, though I'm committed to finding some way to include the German, even if it has to be an addon. And there are a number of keys in the current polish base that I'm willing to sacrifice.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 10:06:08 »

I would even cut of the num pad keys from the base to bring the price down further, at $135 base, with tax and shipping it is actually close to $160 total, you can get alot of cool sets aftermarket for $160 and you get it next week not next year

That would depend a lot on the intended MOQ. Separating numpad from base is frequently a problem with GMK, as the cost of a separate numpad kit often jumps up tremendously from what it would have represented as part of the standard base kit. It tends to be a real struggle for sets targeting lower MOQs, and it hurts sales of both base and numpad to a degree that's not always made up for by the extra sales from non-users of numpad.

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 05:11:41 »
I was initially resilient to comment but especially after noticing GB cancelation I feel the need to address the elephant in the room: so called "Polish" sublegends.

I am actual native Polish speaker writing in Polish for over 4 decades on US keyboards - instead of actual Polish typewriter layout (derived QWERTZ that would be actually closer to Prussian / German name) just to let you know, but the reasons for Polish Programmers layout are beyond this subject although simple (US imports).

I was not much exited about Polish sublegends, simply because we get used to imagine where they are on US keyboard when we learn how to use komputer (computer), the Polish Programmers layout was designed to be intuitive (i.e. Ą = A), easy to remember and AFAIK no single keyboard with those sublegends exist on the market.
To be honest single € sublegend (on U) would be more useful as not every Pole knows that Euro sign is there.

On the other hand I can clearly see that (only) few big sticking out capital sublegends with accents might surely put off users from other nations. Personally I don't like the look myself while being Polish. It's not really like Chinese / Japanese sublegends spreaded across the whole kit with distinctly different characters to latin alphas, so you can see them as decoration / art (c'mon nobody actually use them). Adding (almost) the same latin sublegends makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong - I am always happy to see any Polish accents in life (especially because I am living abroad) but this is overdoing in my opinion for no practical or aesthetical value.

Thank you very much for the good intentions but plain English base would surely be more successful in GB.

PS: I would love inverted alphas but you can ignore this, it's just my distaste for GMK dark background implementation resulting with reflections.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2023, 05:24:35 by LASERman Projects »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 08:31:39 »
I was initially resilient to comment but especially after noticing GB cancelation I feel the need to address the elephant in the room: so called "Polish" sublegends.

I am actual native Polish speaker writing in Polish for over 4 decades on US keyboards - instead of actual Polish typewriter layout (derived QWERTZ that would be actually closer to Prussian / German name) just to let you know, but the reasons for Polish Programmers layout are beyond this subject although simple (US imports).

I was not much exited about Polish sublegends, simply because we get used to imagine where they are on US keyboard when we learn how to use komputer (computer), the Polish Programmers layout was designed to be intuitive (i.e. Ą = A), easy to remember and AFAIK no single keyboard with those sublegends exist on the market.
To be honest single € sublegend (on U) would be more useful as not every Pole knows that Euro sign is there.

On the other hand I can clearly see that (only) few big sticking out capital sublegends with accents might surely put off users from other nations. Personally I don't like the look myself while being Polish. It's not really like Chinese / Japanese sublegends spreaded across the whole kit with distinctly different characters to latin alphas, so you can see them as decoration / art (c'mon nobody actually use them). Adding (almost) the same latin sublegends makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong - I am always happy to see any Polish accents in life (especially because I am living abroad) but this is overdoing in my opinion for no practical or aesthetical value.

Thank you very much for the good intentions but plain English base would surely be more successful in GB.

PS: I would love inverted alphas but you can ignore this, it's just my distaste for GMK dark background implementation resulting with reflections.

Thanks for the feedback. I do understand that the Polish Programmers' layout legends are a bit redundant, and I'll look into adding the U with the Euro sign back into the mix. I have gotten a number of positive responses to the legends from other Polish users, and I'm inclined to keep them all.

What I have been weighing, and what is not decided yet, is whether to include the sublegend-free US capitals in the base kit as well, since it does seem that the sublegends are a turnoff for some buyers. It's a tricky situation to say the least.

Offline irithyll

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 09:32:26 »
Thanks for the feedback. I do understand that the Polish Programmers' layout legends are a bit redundant, and I'll look into adding the U with the Euro sign back into the mix. I have gotten a number of positive responses to the legends from other Polish users, and I'm inclined to keep them all.

What I have been weighing, and what is not decided yet, is whether to include the sublegend-free US capitals in the base kit as well, since it does seem that the sublegends are a turnoff for some buyers. It's a tricky situation to say the least.

I would buy the set either way, but I do like the idea of including keys with sublegend-free US capitals in the base kit as well.
Not sure how much that would impact the pricing but that would definitely be a good option for those who prefer not to have any sublegends at all.
Hopefully, the set returns soon for a second shot! I love the colors.

Offline fortsch

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 03:16:59 »
Have a separate kit for NOR/DE/UK. As a Swede i'd love to have "Å" "Ä" and "Ö". I'd definitly join the GB if you get it to that point.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 09:52:54 »
Have a separate kit for NOR/DE/UK. As a Swede i'd love to have "Å" "Ä" and "Ö". I'd definitly join the GB if you get it to that point.

I'm definitely trying to accommodate German and Swedish in some fashion.

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 05:21:56 »
Great idea, but opposite - I would present the Polish keys aside of main alpha block render to visualise clean base kit for those who would not pay attention to details.

Offline diorite

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 22:36:10 »

Beautiful colorway, but to throw in my two cents. I really think for me personally, and likely a large portion of users, the plain latin alphas are a must. Having a sprinkle of sublegends on a handful of keys isn't a very appealing aesthetic and kinda ruins the otherwise clean look of the set, in my opinion. It seems incredibly counter intuitive to have the base kit be a sprinkle of Polish sublegends and include the plain latin alphas in the international kit when you could just do the opposite and have a clean latin base kit with a few polish subs in the international kit. It also feels weird that iso keys are included in the US/Polish when there's a whole German base. I really think you should reconsider the idea of separating the numpad into it's own kit and leaving iso in the german base only, in the interest of leaning down the "US base." When I see numpad split off it's usually bought less than novelties and even spacebars and icon kits. Keeping cost down and letting people buy just what they need/want and not paying extra for a ton of keys they won't use is always nice.

At any rate, I think it's clear the the kitting needs some work, but aside from that it's a really stunning colorway and I'd hate to see it wither away. It seems like there's a lot of renewed interest in this set and I think you should strongly consider striking while the iron is hot. I'm definitely in for a latin base. GLWIC!
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2023, 22:39:49 by diorite »

Offline Akele

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 04:21:52 »

Beautiful colorway, but to throw in my two cents. I really think for me personally, and likely a large portion of users, the plain latin alphas are a must. Having a sprinkle of sublegends on a handful of keys isn't a very appealing aesthetic and kinda ruins the otherwise clean look of the set, in my opinion. It seems incredibly counter intuitive to have the base kit be a sprinkle of Polish sublegends and include the plain latin alphas in the international kit when you could just do the opposite and have a clean latin base kit with a few polish subs in the international kit.

I very much agree with this point from diorite. If I were to buy this kit, it would be to use the clean Latin alphas. Based on the current kitting, this would require me to purchase of the base kit and the international kit.

As a UK ISO user, I'm used to having to buy a base kit and international kit to get all the keys I need, but I can understand how the current kitting of Prussian Blue will be unappealing to ANSI users, who normally just need to purchase the base kit to get all the keys they need.

If you do decide to remove the ISO keys from the US base kit, please be sure to put them into the international kit. Specifically the R4 |\ key, which would normally come in a NorDeUK daughter kit, but is currently included within the US base kit. Thanks.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 14:14:32 »
While we’re kitting I’ll throw my basic b two cents: I’d buy us/polish base as is. Or without UK keys. Might? buy a Latin only add on but it would probably be to support moq not like I need it. Will buy split bars. Will grumble if numpad split out but buy anyways.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 12:35:51 »
I am currently trying to work out kitting with my vendors.

I want to ensure, in some fashion:
  • Physical support for a wide array of standard keyboard types: 60s and up, some 40s, 1800s, Alice-style splits, though I've given up on Ergodoxian & Vortex Race 3 support.
  • Legend-accurate localization support for Polish and German
  • Classic German modifier legends

Things I'd also like to support, but aren't as integral to the design:
  • Sublegend-free US alphas
  • Legend-accurate UK localization
  • Legend-accurate Swedish localization
  • Legend-accurate Norwegian & Danish localization

The hard part is portioning out the pieces of these two lists in such a way that the finished product is something with a reasonable price and that won't create dead stock for vendors. It is not a trivial problem to solve. In terms of sacrifices, I'm already leaning toward getting rid of Norwegian & Danish support.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 15:55:49 »
I'm worried that I'll lose the 1.5u System keys I was excited for with this. The original kitting of either base kit was quite nice… localisation aside.
Will wait and see.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 20:57:40 »
I'm worried that I'll lose the 1.5u System keys I was excited for with this. The original kitting of either base kit was quite nice… localisation aside.
Will wait and see.

That’s a possibility, I’m afraid. It’s not set in stone, but those keys currently don’t provide additional physical support or specific language support, so I’m less married to keeping them.

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 02:59:15 »
Would you consider adding an R2 1u Esc key into US/Polish base? It would be really useful in virtually all 40s layouts.