Author Topic: Adhesive Gasket Strip Options?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline runningngunning

Adhesive Gasket Strip Options?
« on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 15:59:11 »
Looking to source gasket strips for a personal build I'm working on. What are my options and what do people typically use? Alternatively, if I wanted to 3D print custom gaskets - what would the best filament/material be? Trying to avoid foam seals and looking for something a little more substantial/rigid if that makes sense.

Offline nevin

Re: Adhesive Gasket Strip Options?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 16:36:27 »
craft foam would have been my 1st suggestion (easy to cut to shape, bunch of different thicknesses....)

neoprene? rubber sheet? silicone?

you can probably buy a roll of gasket material for vehicles, usually a cork or a synthetic material with similar characteristics.

with drones they use a flexible filament called TPU. they picked it because of it's flexible (won't break/crack, etc..) characteristics. it's used as canopies, motor spacer/mounts (to reduce vibrations).

might be tricky to get to print initially (probably have to make adjustments to setting or printer)

check durometer harness between what's typical with gasket builds and what TPU filament is.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68