Author Topic: Is there any chance of finding a 2.75 and 2.25 blank GMK Hyperfuse grey caps?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
I'm thinking about building a Leeku Compact-SQ with split spacebar for my Hyperfuse set, but don't like the idea of having a wrong profile enter or shift keys which do other things on the bottom row.

Have there been any other sets made in this shade of grey with these in blanks that someone may be willing to sell (highly unlikely), or is the grey the same as any other makers' grey?  I guess I could get some blank white PBT caps and dye them grey (or purple or teal) but not sure on my chances of getting the right shade...

Any thoughts?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KHAANNN

Would gateron 2.25 2.75 R4 shifts do? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72609.0

Or find an Artisan to custom mold keycaps for you :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Would gateron 2.25 2.75 R4 shifts do? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72609.0

Or find an Artisan to custom mold keycaps for you :)

Those would be perfect if they are the same colour, but I don't know that they are!  Same with the artisan route (and indeed the idea of dying them) - it really wouldn't look good having two keys in a different shade of grey.  It would bother me to the point I'd rather use a standard spacebar :-[
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KHAANNN

You can always pay GMK and get 250 of each 2.25/2.75 blanks in the exact same colour, there is always a solution to scratch that itch :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
And GMK are in Europe so no import taxes...

So glad I don't have long enough to decide this isn't a completely crazy idea :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline KHAANNN

So glad I don't have long enough to decide this isn't a completely crazy idea :))

VAT ~= import taxes tho :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator

VAT ~= import taxes tho :)

I've imported double the tax free value from Europe before without paying anything extra, but only once so could have been pure luck.  Or maybe I paid Dutch VAT at source?

The main problem is what would I do with the 498 big caps I don't want?  It's not enough to bathe in....
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod