Author Topic: Opinions on the Finalmouse Starlight-12?  (Read 47868 times)

Offline Indigu

• Yea sure
Opinions on the Finalmouse Starlight-12?
« on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 00:20:05 »
The new line of finalmouse products could possibly pave the way for future gaming mice. 42g with a chasset constructed out magnesium alloy, "Godspeed wireless" and overall all the bells and whistles you can find on modern mice made for gaming. What does everyone think of this?

Offline Ranger_Trivette

Re: Opinions on the Finalmouse Starlight-12?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 01:44:53 »
i tried with 4 friends to buy the mouse at the drop.
as usual, all the mouses were bought by bot after few second.

and this appen every time.
this company is ridiculous. every time they post on reddit "this time will be different", "now we know how to fight bot" bla bla bla.
they also has bad reputation on reddit. try to search some post in r/mousereview.

regarding the mouse:
they announced 37g. final weight is 42 grams for Small and 47 grams for medium.
the problem is that the medium is much smaller than a Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT (63g).
you have to add rubber strips to reach decent dimension.

"do you want to build the lightest mouse on earth? simply build the smallest mouse on earth :cool: "

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 09:17:14 »
Bots have progressed to the point that they can solve a CAPTCHA quicker than a person can.
You didn't have a chance.

Offline bonzi

• "Trust me, I have an art degree. I'm smart."
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 02:27:07 »
I'm personally waiting for other companies to copy finalmouse but make it much cheaper. That's why I rock a Hyperx Pulsefire Haste mouse that's kinda like those Finalmouse mice that have the holes in 'em but it was 50 dollars. Still a bit pricey for a computer mouse by normal standards, but for "gaemers" it's pretty good considering how light it is.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 13:56:44 »
Bots have progressed to the point that they can solve a CAPTCHA quicker than a person can.
You didn't have a chance.
The best bots bypass the entire web page, captcha and even the shopping cart by just sending the proper info to the API.

No need for any of that if you can send submit your info straight to the database.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Tastenplatte

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 02:31:14 »
189$ for a mouse, is it really that special?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 03:24:26 »
When I saw it, I thought it looked too ornate and fancy. My first thought was that it would be fitting to put rhinestones into those hexagonal holes.
... but, bwahaha, someone put diamonds in those: price: $100'000.

Personally, I don't like peripherals of metal because of how they tend to be cold to the touch.

Offline Tastenplatte

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 05:14:38 »
When I saw it, I thought it looked too ornate and fancy. My first thought was that it would be fitting to put rhinestones into those hexagonal holes.
... but, bwahaha, someone put diamonds in those: price: $100'000.

Personally, I don't like peripherals of metal because of how they tend to be cold to the touch.

First they are cold, but I love the feel after some minutes.

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 17:52:16 »
I'm personally waiting for other companies to copy finalmouse but make it much cheaper. That's why I rock a Hyperx Pulsefire Haste mouse that's kinda like those Finalmouse mice that have the holes in 'em but it was 50 dollars.

Did the manufacturer give you a two-year warranty with that?  I ask because some of the boxes I saw online listed a 2-year warranty on the front of the box, but then I saw one that did not, so I paid a visit to the manufacturer's site to see whether they are offering a 2-year warranty or were offering one and decided to stop doing so.

The website talks up how great the Pulsefire is, but the only warranty information I could find is a "Limited Warranty Statement " that gives (or seems to give) a 90-day warranty.  So if I am reading this right, the Hyperx folks did offer a two-year warranty at one time, but currently offer a mere 90-day one.

Is this correct?  I don't know how long ago you bought yours, but your information may be better than mine.

Offline Slywanin

• Abdul Lutfi is my name.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 December 2022, 12:09:28 »
Nope! Just another mouse from an engineer's perspective!