Author Topic: 1990 logitech bullseye pinouts?  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Nivek

1990 logitech bullseye pinouts?
« on: Tue, 25 January 2011, 14:17:57 »
I've been having a hard time finding any information on this ancient trackball that I pulled from a 170 series macbook. Searching for the serial, 220247-01 rev-a, returns no results. It only has four connections so it really shouldn't be all that hard to figure out, but being that I'm rather new at modding and have little money, I can't afford to make mistakes.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 January 2011, 15:24:46 »
Is this computer an  Apple Powerbook?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Nivek

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 January 2011, 13:09:04 »
Yes, it's from a powerbook
Here's some pics

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 January 2011, 17:02:29 »
Same chip as here. ADB interface, unsurprising for Apple. The connector carries the 4 signals, as needed for that, so you'll have to find out who's who. I'd say the electrolytic at the connector should tell you +5V and Gnd, the rest may take some poking around with a multimeter.

Do you have an ADB-USB adapter at all? They don't exactly seem to be growing on trees.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline Nivek

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 12:19:01 »
I wish I had an adapter, that would certainly make things easier. I guess I'll poke around some and find whats what... maybe I'll have to make one, or something. Thanks for the link too.