Author Topic: Drevo Gramr Review  (Read 9796 times)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
Drevo Gramr Review
« on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 11:10:05 »
Another Wednesday, another MechMerlin video! My custom plate for my Octagon V2 still hasn't come in.....so to satisfy my 75% cravings, I bought a Drevo Gramr. Here's my take on it!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Drevo Gramr Review
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 14:14:17 »
Really nice review. Good find on that Calibur mismatch, I didn't notice it on my box.
I have found some soldering issues as well as a couple of LEDs are not perfectly put in their place.
Although, know that those diodes are actually surface mounted, like this one.

My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:34:52 »
Another Wednesday, another MechMerlin video! My custom plate for my Octagon V2 still hasn't come in.....so to satisfy my 75% cravings, I bought a Drevo Gramr. Here's my take on it!

Very well done review, enjoyed watching Start-End.

It's an interesting board for the price for sure and iv'e never tried a 75% even with all the boards I have.  May give it a shot for the price if not for the form factor alone.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:31:07 »
Funny- I just boxed mine back up to send to Amazon.  The largest reason is that it switches back to NumLk all the time, so it's quite frustrating when trying to enter my password.  And I only get 3 times to see it before I'm locked out.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:48:11 »
Funny- I just boxed mine back up to send to Amazon.  The largest reason is that it switches back to NumLk all the time, so it's quite frustrating when trying to enter my password.  And I only get 3 times to see it before I'm locked out.
That's an excellent point, I unconsciously rate my work boards on how easy or difficult it is to enter my password correctly.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:23:24 »
That's an excellent point, I unconsciously rate my work boards on how easy or difficult it is to enter my password correctly.

Not sure if serious or not, but imagine that you work from home, and regularly RDP into several machines.  And the board doesn't let you know (in any way that I can figure) that it magically switched back into the right side of the keyboard only dumping out num codes.  And those are just not picked up by Windows login.  So it just drops letters.  I've come quite close to locking myself out of my work account because of this.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:11:11 »
Oh my gosh, I don't think I've experienced that.

I've used the keyboard for a few work days and I've never had the numpad randomly turn on. That must be frustrating.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:24:45 »

I've used the keyboard for a few work days and I've never had the numpad randomly turn on. That must be frustrating.

Very!  I think it has something to do with RDP, and the use of Multiplicity.  On the others where I've had that problem, it remembers for the machine what the state is in.  But on this one, it's a toss up if when I connect it's in NumLock mode or not.  I asked the question on Amazon too, and someone else said they have that same issue, and haven't found any way to alter it.  It's a strange design choice to have it on.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:31:29 »
This is useful information to know. May I quote you as "Chuckdee on Geekhack" and put this as an UPDATE in the description of my video?

Verbage will be

UPDATE: Chuckdee on Geekhack reports that when using RDP and other similar remote desktop software, the numlock layer may turn on without user intervention.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:38:57 »
Yes, sure!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 14:51:31 »
Thank you! It's been updated

Offline Targa-TV

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 15:44:16 »

Very!  I think it has something to do with RDP, and the use of Multiplicity.  On the others where I've had that problem, it remembers for the machine what the state is in.  But on this one, it's a toss up if when I connect it's in NumLock mode or not.  I asked the question on Amazon too, and someone else said they have that same issue, and haven't found any way to alter it.  It's a strange design choice to have it on.

...That's not normal? My Filco wakes up on numlock, every time I start my computer. This is my second mech board but it's the first one with separate function LEDs so I thought it was normal.
It doesn't bother me because I see the led is on and I switch the numlock off myself.
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:01:56 »

...That's not normal? My Filco wakes up on numlock, every time I start my computer. This is my second mech board but it's the first one with separate function LEDs so I thought it was normal.
It doesn't bother me because I see the led is on and I switch the numlock off myself.

No, not normal at all from the keyboards I've had.  Even my membranes didn't act that way.

Offline Molly

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:25:58 »
Amazing, I also have this keyboard. And I want to try DREVO 71key, it's a wireless ,RGB one

Offline mx159guitar

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 17:44:42 »
If you are having troubles with the numlock with this keyboard you can follow this link. It will have you make a small edit to you keyboard registry which will fix your problem. I did not write the article, just here to share it since it helped me. This will work for any keyboard also.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000792.htm