Author Topic: [IC] GMK Penumbra Accent Kit (Awaiting Pricing Tiers)  (Read 79389 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 June 2017, 12:33:20 by sherryton »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Penumbra Accent Kit
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 07:23:50 »
Count me in.  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] Penumbra Accent Kit
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:09:30 »
Definitely count me in. I think the bottom row with all caps clashed with the rest, so maybe offering more upper case or maybe even just the bottom row lower case would be a grand idea.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:11:58 »
Definitely count me in. I think the bottom row with all caps clashed with the rest, so maybe offering more upper case or maybe even just the bottom row lower case would be a grand idea.

Should I throw a poll?

I think majority of people already messaged me asking for 'Control', 'Alt', etc. The other keys would be the actual Windows and Menu icons.

Moderators, I moved this topic from the vendor to the Interest Check because it seem like the topic was locked in my vendor area. Feel free to move it back if it's against the rules. Please unlock the topic if possible.

Offline zenless

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:14:17 »
Barred F and J! I'll keep an eye out on this just for those.

Offline CMYK

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:21:22 »
This is a bit of a reach, but is it possible to add solarized alphas (white colored) to the kit?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:26:48 »
This is a bit of a reach, but is it possible to add solarized alphas (white colored) to the kit?

Giorgio has been pushing me to run an ALPHA only group buy. I think we can accommodate for solarized alphas, but it would be separate from the kit. We'll definitely do our best to color match it, but the colors might have to be adjust. I'm not sure if we can grab a custom color.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:30:14 »

Should I throw a poll?

I think majority of people already messaged me asking for 'Control', 'Alt', etc. The other keys would be the actual Windows and Menu icons.

Moderators, I moved this topic from the vendor to the Interest Check because it seem like the topic was locked in my vendor area. Feel free to move it back if it's against the rules. Please unlock the topic if possible.

I think that would be great. Not many keys as compared to making the whole set capitalized. Maybe even just the icons for Windows and Menu (to make this stand out as GMK even more so); are the capitalized letters in the kit now pad-printed or double-shot?

Giorgio has been pushing me to run an ALPHA only group buy. I think we can accommodate for solarized alphas, but it would be separate from the kit. We'll definitely do our best to color match it, but the colors might have to be adjust. I'm not sure if we can grab a custom color.

This would've been great to add, but maybe not as necessary as we can grab black-on-white alphas from other sets. However, if you choose to run this route, I'd suggest making the alphas lighter than just straight black. I don't own SA Penumbra, but it seems from sets I've seen online that the alpha legends were more gray than black.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:32:25 »

Should I throw a poll?

I think that would be great. Not many keys as compared to making the whole set capitalized. Maybe even just the icons for Windows and Menu (to make this stand out as GMK even more so); are the capitalized letters in the kit now pad-printed or double-shot?

This would've been great to add, but maybe not as necessary as we can grab black-on-white alphas from other sets. However, if you choose to run this route, I'd suggest making the alphas lighter than just straight black. I don't own SA Penumbra, but it seems from sets I've seen online that the alpha legends were more gray than black.

All keys are double-shot unless we state so.

As for the Alphas, I was thinking of going dark grey (can't go light grey here). It'll be N9 on a 3K or GR1.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:34:57 »
All keys are double-shot unless we state so.

As for the Alphas, I was thinking of going dark grey (can't go light grey here). It'll be N9 on a 3K or GR1.

Awesome! I like N9 on 3K.  :thumb:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:37:25 »
I agree with everything Rom has said, and I'm in for whatever is decided on!

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:44:04 »
Definitely in!

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:54:46 »
I'm in.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:07:34 »
I only had 1 request for the Blank 2.25u / 2.75u Shift. We don't need those. I think if we ran the following keys:

R1: Delete, End, Pg Dn
R2: Pg Up
R3: Pg Dn, Barred F&J
R4: End, 2.25u Shift, 6u Spacebar, 6.25u Blue Spacebar, 7u Blue Spacebar
R4: 6 Control (1u, 1.25u, and 1.5u), 5 Alt (1u, 1.25u, and 1.5u), 1.5u Alt Gr, 4 Windows (1u and 1.25u), and 1 Menu (1.25)

Total Keys: 28

Do you guys want the Blue Spacebars? We can bring down the costs if we omit them.

Without the mod-colored spacebar

R4: End, 2.25u Shift, 6u Spacebar
R4: 6 Control (1u, 1.25u, and 1.5u), 5 Alt (1u, 1.25u, and 1.5u), 1.5u Alt Gr, 4 Windows (1u and 1.25u), and 1 Menu (1.25)

Total Keys: 27
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:23:18 by sherryton »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:16:57 »
I personally won't use the blue space bars, so that's a no for me.
As for the Shift, I forgot about those. Those would be great for people who had FC660m/Clueboards, but since only one responded not sure how high the demand is. Still, I wouldn't mind paying for it depending on the cost; this way I'll have it if I ever decide to get an MX Clueboard.

Would the Windows and Menu be icons or text?

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:18:14 »
game.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:24:41 »
Without the mod-colored spacebar

Total Keys: 27

At 27 keys, I'd be comfortable at starting a group buy right now at $25 and taking a loss.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:50:19 »
Registering interest.  I need my fix :thumb:

Offline zenless

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 15:53:59 »
I'd pick up the kit for sure. I imagine the two extra space bars would make the cost jump a bit.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:01:27 »
Sorry if this is obvious, but is this for SA or GMK?

I ordered both, but wondering which set the Accent Kit is for.

edit: I see Romevi mentioned GMK but didn't see if sherryton said it anywhere.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:15:42 »
I like this idea a lot. As to the spacebars, if I was to purchase, I wouldn't have too much interest.

On a side note though, it'd be cool if Originative kept stock on the spacebar colors up on the site but I'm not sure if those were just left over packs from previous buys or something.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:29:47 »
Sorry if this is obvious, but is this for SA or GMK?

I ordered both, but wondering which set the Accent Kit is for.

edit: I see Romevi mentioned GMK but didn't see if sherryton said it anywhere.

This is GMK for the newly welcomed set.

I like this idea a lot. As to the spacebars, if I was to purchase, I wouldn't have too much interest.

On a side note though, it'd be cool if Originative kept stock on the spacebar colors up on the site but I'm not sure if those were just left over packs from previous buys or something.

Which spacebars?

L9 and P3 is incoming.

Offline cynviloq

Re: [IC] GMK Penumbra Accent Kit
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:43:29 »
Thanks - am in for the set as well

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:50:55 »
I'm specifically looking for R4 2u, 2.25u and 2.75u blanks/spacebars.

it would provide compatibility with the VE.A, Planck and LZ Ergo.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 16:57:22 »

Which spacebars?

L9 and P3 is incoming.

The one that primarily comes to mind is TU2 since there are so many sets playing off of Cyan (just paid $16 for 2 spacebars on r/mm and saw someone asking for more recently I think). DY is probably in there but this is all subjective with only some basis in observations on r/mm.

Little derailment: I definitely get it's tough to keep stock of things like this (buy the wrong color and it never sells) but a few times I've found myself trying to piece together my own accent kit and Originative is currently one of the few places that offers single caps (I like them windowed escapes and blanks) or spacebars in ways that don't require purchasing an entire keyset. Something that I wouldn't mind seeing more fleshed out or at least not fade away.

Holla!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:04:07 »

Which spacebars?

L9 and P3 is incoming.

The one that primarily comes to mind is TU2 since there are so many sets playing off of Cyan (just paid $16 for 2 spacebars on r/mm and saw someone asking for more recently I think). DY is probably in there but this is all subjective with only some basis in observations on r/mm.

Little derailment: I definitely get it's tough to keep stock of things like this (buy the wrong color and it never sells) but a few times I've found myself trying to piece together my own accent kit and Originative is currently one of the few places that offers single caps (I like them windowed escapes and blanks) or spacebars in ways that don't require purchasing an entire keyset. Something that I wouldn't mind seeing more fleshed out or at least not fade away.

Holla!

We have the Purple Spacebars. Just put those back up. The TU2 should be incoming as well. Definitely let us know what you guys need. Not many people really ask us. We just get a lot of inquiry for things we already have like Sky Dolch Accent.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 19:40:08 »
Im good with all of that. Personally I would like a blue spacebar as well, but if it can't happen then oh well.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:01:59 »
In for whatever you decide.

Offline unoab

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:54:26 »
We have the Purple Spacebars. Just put those back up. The TU2 should be incoming as well. Definitely let us know what you guys need. Not many people really ask us. We just get a lot of inquiry for things we already have like Sky Dolch Accent.

Well if thats the case, then a refill on the N9 spacebars would be nice.  I am guessing those go quicker since there have been so many runs of dolch along with the OG sets that need bars replaced on them (though a 7x 1.25u mods dolch conversion kit would be nice as well... hmm..).

As for the blue spacebars for this set, it would make more sense to serve them up as an a la carte item, as I don't know how many people like the chinstrap look.  Having them separate could get some statistics on the ratio of people preferring a look like that.

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 00:03:52 »
I'm definitely in! I'm a sucker for completeness and I've never tried scooped homing keys, so id want the barred f and j anyways.

Also would prefer icons and lowercase option
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:13:49 by rawrjau »

Offline Tally810

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 01:37:36 »
Oh man haven't even got my set yet and we adding to it!  Don't care about a blue spacebar but count me in on the rest!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Jumie

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 02:39:05 »
When will you ship the base set and what is the timeline for the add on?

Offline dib_dubious

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:03:07 »
Lowercase modifiers would be good. I'm in

Offline Cas

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:26:03 »
Maybe in, any renders?

Offline Mad_Maxx

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 07:55:01 »
White alphas would be awesome. I've been waiting for a chance at this set since I started this hobby, but the yellow alphas are a complete deal breaker for me.
Bad switches is the only thing that I like

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:28:40 »
This will be final:

~$25

The Alpha kit is looking to include approximately 60 total keys: both scooped and barred f/j, 6u, 6.25u, and 7u spacebar.

This set will most likely cost around $55.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:32:59 »
This will be final:

~$25

The Alpha kit is looking to include approximately 60 total keys: both scooped and barred f/j, 6u, 6.25u, and 7u spacebar.

In for both, Fam-uel L. Jackson.

Edit:
Maybe for the solarized alphas. Gotta figure out my budget after Muted, but def for the first child kit.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:34:44 »
This will be final:

~$25

Same, definitely in for both

Offline KlarKuo

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:38:19 »
In for both mods and Solarized Alphas, methinks

Offline Tally810

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:40:25 »
I'll be in for both.  Prices are right

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 15:30:42 »
I could be in for both, would they be shipped in mini trays?

Offline cong314159

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 15:33:40 »
Definitely need this set. I use a FC980M, Delete Insert PgUp PgDn are all in R1.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 15:47:55 »
I could be in for both, would they be shipped in mini trays?

I'll try to get that sorted, but that will be most likely the case. I'm working on the renders.

Offline Atredl

[IC] GMK Penumbra Accent Kit
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:35:20 »
This will be final:

~$25

Is there any way to fit in a 1.75u shift with text as well? Almost every other GMK set that primarily uses text modifiers includes the short right shift with text. It's going to look awfully unbalanced to have icon & text on the left shift but not the right. Especially since Fn is going to be textless. I can live with blank Fn but in combination with no shift text on the right side, it's going to look odd.

I'm honestly not very interested in the other keys since I'm fine with an all caps bottom row. I'll be the only mod without text (R3 Control FTW)
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:43:41 by Atredl »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:45:41 »
So the colors I have came up with for Solarized Alpha is CP as base and 2B as the legend. Please let me know if anyone has a better accurate. I compared the colors side by side.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:49:37 »
So the colors I have came up with for Solarized Alpha is CP as base and 2B as the legend. Please let me know if anyone has a better accurate. I compared the colors side by side.

>2B

Si, por favor.

Offline ullr

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 17:17:25 »
The things I would be looking for in an expansion kit are titlecase bottom mods (beginning with a capital letter, like most keys), icon mods, a R4 1u FN with a blue legend to go next to HHKB‐style shift (just like in the original Penumbra), Mod‐color zero keys for the keypad (just like in the original Penumbra), non‐homing ‘F’ and ‘J’.

But also solarized (white) alphas!

EDIT: and the bottom mods with gray text instead of white text, please oh please.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 09:27:47 »
Just start the gb so that we can have it sooner after we receive the base set :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:46:29 »
To clarify: If we don't PM you regarding our Penumbra order, it will ship on 03/17? Or do we have to contact you if we want it shipped 03/17?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 12:44:18 »
To clarify: If we don't PM you regarding our Penumbra order, it will ship on 03/17? Or do we have to contact you if we want it shipped 03/17?
I just used the site ticket system and got an instant response saying mine will ship at the earliest date.