Author Topic: [IC] Dawn | FE Raffle 10/29 - Link to GB thread  (Read 146147 times)

Offline pppaolo_89

Re: [IC] Dawn (75% Isolation Mount)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 03:32:26 »
Where should I go to receive IMMEDIATE update for the release? Me, myself and I along with my 19 other personalities would like to be the first ones to ORDER!!!!
HELLO???

Offline bassvirtuoso

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 08:26:42 »
Where should I go to receive IMMEDIATE update for the release? Me, myself and I along with my 19 other personalities would like to be the first ones to ORDER!!!!
HELLO???

I've seen you post the same stuff over in the 7V thread: read the first post, it has all the info, including the IC survey and the discord.

Offline crykn

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 10:08:08 »
I've been a little bit busier recently, so I'm a bit late on the responses.

Saw in the FAQ that split space is out. :( Then this is not for me. Good luck, I think this will do well.

Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't offer split space support  :(  It's unfortunate but not all features can be implemented. Thanks for the feedback though! If I run future projects I will definitely consider trying to get split space support ahead of time.

This board is pretty much the ideal 75% for me, very excited for this GB.   

i'm all in on this

Thanks guys! Can't wait for the GB to come around so you guys can have an opportunity to get one  :)

Saw in the FAQ that split space is out. :( Then this is not for me. Good luck, I think this will do well.
I just checked the FAQ again and there’s no mention of “no split spacebars”?

I just checked the FAQ again and there’s no mention of “no split spacebars”?

It's in the FAQ in Discord. It might be updated more recently.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The Discord is definitely the most up-to-date source of information, I will try to keep updating the GH semi-regularly though.

Looks very good. Personally I'm a fan of 75% keyboards and as someone else mentioned this looks like a 75% version of the Polaris. Which is a good thing!
I will most likely join in if there's an ISO version avail.

There's officially an EU vendor now (MyKeyboard), and I will see what we can do about ISO support one way or another.

HELLO???

That is definitely an interesting way to ask the question, but the most recent updates will be on the Discord server linked in the original post.

Offline seatran

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 21:32:32 »
Nice work. This is my favorite looking 75% yet. Most of the other ones with staggered F keys leave space for some strange looking branding and is such an eyesore. The symmetry of this is very nice. I mentioned in my survey response that for the given price of $400-500 I'd like more customization options and optimized acoustics. Maybe two versions of the case (with and without bottom blockers) would help accommodate more layouts. I know this is a long shot, but split space option would be fantastic, especially if split into symmetrical parts.

Offline rrsurmeier

• Attachments
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 21:38:50 »
HELLO???

You are not entitled to anything. Respect his time.

Offline crykn

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 09:24:29 »
Nice work. This is my favorite looking 75% yet. Most of the other ones with staggered F keys leave space for some strange looking branding and is such an eyesore. The symmetry of this is very nice. I mentioned in my survey response that for the given price of $400-500 I'd like more customization options and optimized acoustics. Maybe two versions of the case (with and without bottom blockers) would help accommodate more layouts. I know this is a long shot, but split space option would be fantastic, especially if split into symmetrical parts.

Thanks! So I'm working on the flex and acoustic cuts in the plate right now actually to optimize the acoustics. There will be a WK version with only one 0.5u blocker on the right side to support more bottom layout variations, should have renders soon for that. Split space is currently not going to work on the PCB, but we will try to see if we can rearrange things to make it a possibility for those who want it, I just wouldn't set my expectations on it being available. As for other optimizations for acoustics, most of that will come from the plate material itself. If you have any other questions or more specific suggestions, feel free to join the Discord channel and send me a direct message.

Offline crykn

Re: [IC] Dawn (75% Isolation Mount) | Update 9/21: Proto Timeline
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 16:50:15 »
Updated the prototyping info and timeline and added some more renders.

Offline SantiGo

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 16:21:53 »
whant )  :eek: :thumb:

Offline andreya

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 05:57:30 »
any chance for the price for lower than $400/500 ?

Offline break

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 21:15:02 »

Definitely a chance! From the OP:

However, due to the design choices, brass weight and accent, gasketing strips, and potential PVD brass finishes, it is quite possible that the GB price could end up in the $350-450 price range depending on options.

I think crykn can't share more pricing info until Salvun ships back a prototype.

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 22:54:08 »
I'd like to know the combination with GMK Firefly.
Is it possible to take a picture of you?

Offline crykn

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 20:08:36 »

Hoping to keep the price in the $400 to $450 price range, should be doable.

What color case do you want to see GMK Firefly on? I'll see if I can make it happen.

Offline Crack85

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 20:27:13 »
Is this going to be available to purchase in US as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 06:59:30 »

What color case do you want to see GMK Firefly on? I'll see if I can make it happen.

Navy Color Case

Offline crykn

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 16:43:58 »
Is this going to be available to purchase in US as well?

Yes, as the 9/21 update in the IC says: "We also have a US proxy lined up pending the prototype turns out well."
I'm located in the US, so although MyKeyboard will be the main logistical vendor, there will certainly be a US proxy regardless, the specifics of which proxy just haven't been disclosed yet.

Navy Color Case

Alright, I'll try to get that done if possible.

Offline Crack85

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 17:06:20 »
Thanks! I'm new here, wasn't sure if that's what that meant. I will await patiently!

Offline astronavy

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:06:01 »
If it can be shipped to Canada I'm in.

Offline Dakk1d

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:24:23 »
Any update regarding an ISO version?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline pppaolo_89

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 11:56:33 »
any proxy to Canada? if not, would the US GB Vendor be able to ship to Canada?

HELLO???

You are not entitled to anything. Respect his time.

Get off your high horse kid. The question only meant to gauge which communication outlet is the best and fastest way to receive information.

HELLO???

I've seen you post the same stuff over in the 7V thread: read the first post, it has all the info, including the IC survey and the discord.

If you read what I wrote, you would understand the question is asking which source is the best and fastest way to get information. The first post doesn't say discord is the best source. Which is why I asked... and thankfully I got a mature response from the thread starter.

Mod Edit: Combined multiple posts
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2019, 14:36:28 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 14:41:07 »
Get off your high horse kid. The question only meant to gauge which communication outlet is the best and fastest way to receive information.

<snip>

If you read what I wrote, you would understand the question is asking which source is the best and fastest way to get information. The first post doesn't say discord is the best source. Which is why I asked... and thankfully I got a mature response from the thread starter.

You can't come barging in here making frantic demands and then get upset when people call you out on your actions.  I think you need to take a second to realize that this is an established community with standards and expectations (we don't make demands of others, and we respect each other).  If you continue to take such a brash and offensive tone towards others, the mod team can and will take appropriate action in response. 

Also, please don't triple post.

Offline jaminb

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 13:55:06 »
Personally I like a little tasteful branding, so on the topic of the founders edition badge, I’m all for it. Love the board it’s an insta buy for me either way.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 10:31:40 »
Heyooooo!

Digging this board, any updates of late?

Offline Re9456

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 07:38:54 »
I'm in! Need more render of other colors.

Offline rclewright

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 12:08:19 »
So stoked on this board, I plan on getting one! Any updates to share? Also, I filled out the IC form with this, but would it be possible to get a blue-grey color? :o I think it could look pretty sick with the aesthetic of the board!

Offline AT

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 09:26:05 »
Very clean looking keyboard  :)) , very interested .

Offline crykn

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 16:05:35 »
Personally I like a little tasteful branding, so on the topic of the founders edition badge, I’m all for it. Love the board it’s an insta buy for me either way.

As it stands now, the FE will have copper accent/weight as opposed to the brass for the standard GB, however there will be no extra badge.

I'm in! Need more render of other colors.

I'm selecting the final colors for the GB soon, and we will post official renders of those colors after.

So stoked on this board, I plan on getting one! Any updates to share? Also, I filled out the IC form with this, but would it be possible to get a blue-grey color? :o I think it could look pretty sick with the aesthetic of the board!

I don't know about blue grey this time around, but it's a color I can consider in the future.

Heyooooo!

Digging this board, any updates of late?

I post updates more frequently on the discord, but I will be updating the GeekHack post soon.

Very clean looking keyboard  :)) , very interested .

Glad you like it  :)

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 03:05:01 »
I think the only way to know what the actual demand is for this board is to open up the group buy for a limited time, say 5-10 minutes.

Then choose to either:

A) Raffle off buyers list for each round of production
B) FCFS off buyers list for each round of production

Ideally, at some point, sooner rather than later, a group buy would be made unlimited to address concerns for market demand.

This alleviates several issues:

1) Everyone that wants a board gets a board.
2) The aftermarket cost is less likely to be driven up by competing buyers who lost out on the buy (i.e. deters filppers)
3) Eliminates need for additional rounds
4) Eliminates waiting lists

I like the idea of a founders edition that adds inconsequential details to the build like an engraving. But I would prefer everyone have the chance for big ticket items such as the copper weight.

Why exclude people for the sake of exclusivity when everyone can benefit the same?

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 07:42:36 »
Please. Update your render picture in Geekhack.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 09:20:21 »
I'm hopeful that purple will be one of the colours that makes the cut.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 07:02:49 »
How are the updates coming along with this project?

Offline regionfree

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 07:16:57 »
Looks like they aren't ready yet, or working with the tooling with Salvun.

Offline twistitup

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 11:45:18 »
I'd be very interested in PC as a plate material.

Offline crykn

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 13:38:05 »
How are the updates coming along with this project?

Looks like they aren't ready yet, or working with the tooling with Salvun.

I've been waiting to make an official update until the prototypes have officially begun the production process, which should happen very shortly. Salvun's new machine is just about fully ready and I'm finalizing the weight engraving.

I'd be very interested in PC as a plate material.

I'm looking into this!

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 13:47:30 »
New kid on the block itt, hello everyone!

As someone who is looking into more compact designs but retaining high level of functionality, I like it. I also love separation between numbers and F-row, which makes it look way better than those who clump them together IMHO. I also have no use for scrolllock/pause keys (original or otherwise mapped). Basically, it has every thing that I am looking for in my 75%.

Any updates on the US proxy you mentioned? As things are MyKeyboard currently doesn't ship to my country and I'm not really that interested in extra hassle with mail forwarding services because it usually will result in about same shipping price and double the time.

Thanks for your work.

Offline crykn

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 23:04:12 »
New kid on the block itt, hello everyone!

As someone who is looking into more compact designs but retaining high level of functionality, I like it. I also love separation between numbers and F-row, which makes it look way better than those who clump them together IMHO. I also have no use for scrolllock/pause keys (original or otherwise mapped). Basically, it has every thing that I am looking for in my 75%.

Any updates on the US proxy you mentioned? As things are MyKeyboard currently doesn't ship to my country and I'm not really that interested in extra hassle with mail forwarding services because it usually will result in about same shipping price and double the time.

Thanks for your work.

There will be 100% be a US vendor, so don't worry about that. It just hasn't been officially announced which one. All details will be available when the time comes for the founders edition raffles.

There should be a fairly big update in the next week and a half.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:38:01 »
I'm not usually into 75% keyboard but I absolutely love the design of this one!

Offline fabryrock

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 11:10:47 »
like the design overall

but
not sure about the usb port with the brass accent. I think it cheapens the keyboard,
imo
you want the accent to shine alone not to be together with a hole for functional use.

Offline crykn

Updated with information regarding the prototype production.

Offline crykn

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:43:46 »
I'm not usually into 75% keyboard but I absolutely love the design of this one!

I'm glad you like it!

like the design overall

but
not sure about the usb port with the brass accent. I think it cheapens the keyboard,
imo
you want the accent to shine alone not to be together with a hole for functional use.

That's a valid opinion, the design won't necessarily appeal to everyone, but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the design. Needless to say I quite like it, I think function and form can be mixed and don't necessarily need to be separate.

Offline fabryrock

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 16:07:33 »

thanks for the reply
do you mind telling how is the brass accent mounted?
I see that there is aluminum underneath so I didn't figure out if it is screwed or not

Offline crykn

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 16:34:21 »

thanks for the reply
do you mind telling how is the brass accent mounted?
I see that there is aluminum underneath so I didn't figure out if it is screwed or not

I can try to attach an image at a future point in time showing how it's mounted, but it's screwed in from the bottom of the case.

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 20:02:57 »
I can try to attach an image at a future point in time showing how it's mounted, but it's screwed in from the bottom of the case.

do the screws for the accent extend up through to the top housing?

Offline crykn

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 21:28:24 »

do the screws for the accent extend up through to the top housing?

No, they do not. There are two screws for the top housing hidden by the accent itself. Then the  accent is mounted by two screws going through the accent into the bottom housing.

Offline crykn

Added a numpad survey to the main post so I can get an idea on what people would like to see for the matching numpad.

Offline bigboss

looking great!

Offline Surefoot

Added a numpad survey to the main post so I can get an idea on what people would like to see for the matching numpad.
Answered - that's an excellent proposal.

Offline Rew23

Love the dual WKL bottom row and the separated function row. Makes the 75% look way less cluttered.

Offline Voidec

• Tip of the Spear
I'm totally down to buy one if avaliable

Offline Cruxx_.

75 sounds hot. Matching numpad sounds hotter. I want this.

Offline Rozalin81

Looks fantastic! Now I'm stuck deciding between this one or 7V and I don't which one to pick.
Reddit - u/Rozalin81
Discord - Arstallie#4516

Duck Octagon v3 // Vintage Blacks // Modern Dolch