Author Topic: [IC] Dawn | FE Raffle 10/29 - Link to GB thread  (Read 146259 times)

Offline Hell-es

Looks fantastic! Now I'm stuck deciding between this one or 7V and I don't which one to pick.
as oth a wonderful, i‘m heading for both.

Dawn is limited sale, so dunno if everyone gets one.

7V is unlimited - hope Dawn sales before 7V

Offline chowbabyloving

Looks fantastic! Now I'm stuck deciding between this one or 7V and I don't which one to pick.

They're both roughly the same price right? In the $350-500 range before shipping and fees?

Offline Hell-es

They're both roughly the same price right? In the $350-500 range before shipping and fees?

Think Dawn has no announced price yet - gok said 7V will be quite reasonable priced

but i hope that Dawn is in that range

Offline chowbabyloving

Think Dawn has no announced price yet - gok said 7V will be quite reasonable priced

I thought the Dawn IC form suggests it’s $400-500? Asking how many boards someone would buy in that price range?

And I thought gok said the 7V would definitely not be $650 and hopefully not $550 or $450, but then he said he didn’t want to fix a price yet because of vendors and manufacturing costs etc?

Offline crykn

Updated the post with raw machined prototype pictures.

I thought the Dawn IC form suggests it’s $400-500? Asking how many boards someone would buy in that price range?

And I thought gok said the 7V would definitely not be $650 and hopefully not $550 or $450, but then he said he didn’t want to fix a price yet because of vendors and manufacturing costs etc?

I originally said between $350 and $450 in the IC post, considering that's a fairly safe range; but in the IC survey I ended up putting $400 to $500 to be safe and to account for the fact that it might be more expensive than the initial range. I don't have the official numbers yet, so stay tuned, but I would say it should definitely be in the $400 to $500 range. I hope that wasn't confusing  :)

Offline chowbabyloving

Updated the post with raw machined prototype pictures.

I originally said between $350 and $450 in the IC post, considering that's a fairly safe range; but in the IC survey I ended up putting $400 to $500 to be safe and to account for the fact that it might be more expensive than the initial range. I don't have the official numbers yet, so stay tuned, but I would say it should definitely be in the $400 to $500 range. I hope that wasn't confusing  :)

That's before shipping and paypal fees?

Offline Crack85

Yes

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jurisitum

Definitely onboard! Looking forward and hopefully before 7V!

Offline dhb82

Been looking for this layout for a long time. Excited! All in 😃

Offline Rilow

So ready for this.

Offline crykn

Re: [IC] Dawn (75% Isolation Mount) | 1/18: Color Poll Added
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 18:50:21 »
Added a link to a poll to the main body of the post to pick the final standard edition colors:
https://forms.gle/nKf8EqSzMyR7qzyX7

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 18:44:58 »
Wew the dark red is gorgeous. Gonna be very disappointed if it doesn't make the final cut.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 20:29:31 »
Totally on board (hehe) with this. Really want a 75% for gaming at home.

Offline crykn

Re: [IC] Dawn (75% Isolation Mount) | 2/7 Unbuilt Prototype Pictures
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 11:23:24 »
Posted unbuilt prototype progress pictures from Salvun!

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 11:38:19 »

Looking Great!  It’s the symmetry that does it for me.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 17:07:32 »

Looking Great!  It’s the symmetry that does it for me.
Exactly this. It just makes it a beauty to look at.

Offline Fearian

• 3D
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 18:34:38 »
I'm just going to be echoing other comments, but wow, this is the best 75% layout I've seen. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

I really appreciate the "no visible seam" goal for the sides as well. The whole design looks wonderfully clean, I'm really excited for the GB. As long as there is some kind of room for ISO support, I'm all in! :)

Offline crykn

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 16:32:33 »
I'm just going to be echoing other comments, but wow, this is the best 75% layout I've seen. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

I really appreciate the "no visible seam" goal for the sides as well. The whole design looks wonderfully clean, I'm really excited for the GB. As long as there is some kind of room for ISO support, I'm all in! :)

The PCB supports ISO, but there aren't plans to offer the ISO plate in the GB due to low demand. However, I will release plate files after the GB if you want to get a plate made somewhere.

Offline Fearian

• 3D
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 17:44:54 »
The PCB supports ISO, but there aren't plans to offer the ISO plate in the GB due to low demand. However, I will release plate files after the GB if you want to get a plate made somewhere.

That's good enough for me!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 11:22:25 »
Very much looking forward to the build of the prototype!

Offline Magas

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 09:52:12 »
Any update on this?

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:48:42 »
Any update on this?
Prototype has been delivered to OP, it had troubles with accent not fitting correctly. As of now, new CAD schematic is being designed to fix the issue. Raffle/GB TBA after second prototype. Detailed info can be found in Discord.

Offline crykn

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 10:03:08 »
Any update on this?
Prototype has been delivered to OP, it had troubles with accent not fitting correctly. As of now, new CAD schematic is being designed to fix the issue. Raffle/GB TBA after second prototype. Detailed info can be found in Discord.

Correct with the exception of the fact that I haven't gotten the prototype quite yet!

Offline kbye

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 23:04:21 »
Added a link to a poll to the main body of the post to pick the final standard edition colors:

Late to the party on this, what were the final colors? Did white make the cut?

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 00:00:34 »

Late to the party on this, what were the final colors? Did white make the cut?
It did for Founders Edition.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline MasterTi

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 12:31:28 »
Looking forward to this!

Offline MasterTi

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 22:37:20 »
Is there an idea of how limited this board is? Trying to decide between the 7V by Gok and this.

Offline hingchannnn

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 02:25:00 »
Is there an idea of how limited this board is? Trying to decide between the 7V by Gok and this.

100 standard edition, 30 Founder Edition

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 22:36:00 »
You have any pics of what the updated plate might look like? Feel like the plate design is what makes the KC mount system work.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 20:03:47 »
I don't know how much traction the numpad idea is gaining, but I would be in for one. I don't think I can justify the 75% both because of cost and the number of boards I already own, but I can definitely do a numpad. I don't have a separate numpad at this time and would love a high quality one.

Offline crykn

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 10:57:24 »
I don't know how much traction the numpad idea is gaining, but I would be in for one. I don't think I can justify the 75% both because of cost and the number of boards I already own, but I can definitely do a numpad. I don't have a separate numpad at this time and would love a high quality one.

It's gained quite a bit of traction I would say. At the very least I expect to eventually post an IC for one. The survey gives me data on what percentage of people who want Dawn want a numpad as well, but an IC will be helpful in gauging interest from people like yourself, who want a numpad but not Dawn.

I will be working more on the numpad design once I'm confident Dawn is ready for production.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:56:15 »

It's gained quite a bit of traction I would say. At the very least I expect to eventually post an IC for one. The survey gives me data on what percentage of people who want Dawn want a numpad as well, but an IC will be helpful in gauging interest from people like yourself, who want a numpad but not Dawn.

I will be working more on the numpad design once I'm confident Dawn is ready for production.

Awesome! Best of luck with Dawn, and I look forward to that IC and hopefully the numpad eventually! I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope you're staying healthy during these trying times.

Offline Owl

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 13:39:00 »
I've been lurking/following this for a while now. Don't know why I didn't say something before but this board is gorgeous. This is the board that I am most excited about period. It has all of my favorite design languages, features, layouts, everything. I am impatiently waiting to buy at least 2 of these when the group buy goes live. Thank you for designing this and I really hope everything goes well for you.

Offline nappis

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 14:00:44 »
I've been lurking/following this for a while now. Don't know why I didn't say something before but this board is gorgeous. This is the board that I am most excited about period. It has all of my favorite design languages, features, layouts, everything. I am impatiently waiting to buy at least 2 of these when the group buy goes live. Thank you for designing this and I really hope everything goes well for you.
I doubt that you'll be able to buy two boards. You have to enter and win in the raffle to buy the board.

Offline Crack85

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 14:07:08 »
LMAO, good luck getting one board. Interest is super high, amount is super limited and you have to win raffle lol.

Two boards lol.....

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 14:38:33 »
LMAO, good luck getting one board. Interest is super high, amount is super limited and you have to win raffle lol.

Two boards lol.....

You have to win raffle only for FE, SE is, however, FCFS.

Offline crykn

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 09:31:23 »

Awesome! Best of luck with Dawn, and I look forward to that IC and hopefully the numpad eventually! I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope you're staying healthy during these trying times.

Thanks! Hope you stay healthy as well  :)

Thanks! Like the others said getting 2 boards is highly unlikely. I wish I could promise that everyone who is interested will get even one board, but I can't promise that either unfortunately. Best of luck to you in joining the GB, the Discord is the best way to make sure you don't miss anything  :)

Offline Owl

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 10:26:47 »

Thanks! Hope you stay healthy as well  :)

Thanks! Like the others said getting 2 boards is highly unlikely. I wish I could promise that everyone who is interested will get even one board, but I can't promise that either unfortunately. Best of luck to you in joining the GB, the Discord is the best way to make sure you don't miss anything  :)

Ah I spaced on that. Well I will certainly be chalking up my F5 finger to get at least one and hunting the aftermarket for another perhaps haha. Excellent work though and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Thank you again.

Offline crykn

Re: [IC] Dawn (75% Isolation Mount) | Prototype Picture Teaser
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:21:49 »
Posted a prototype picture teaser, there will be a full album posted soon!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 01:21:04 »
It looks beautiful and heavy.  Looking forward to more pics.

Offline MrFixIT12

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:51:44 »
Very nice! Just found this one, hope I can get it on the FE or at least SE.
Keebs | Think6.5V2 LE | Bear65 - E-white | No. 1/65 Black/Brass |
Soon |  Satisfaction 75 Black | Iron165r2 Graphite/Stainless Steel | J-01 Rev1 Red | Bauer2 Black/Brass  | No. 2/65 Commission |

Caps | GMK Oblivion V2, GMK WOB, GMK Bleached, GMK Copper
Soon |  GMK Bushido, GMK Hammerhead, GMK Apollo, GMK Classic Red, GMK Masterpiece, GMK Sumi, GMK Stealth, GMK Modo R2, GMK Striker R2 |

Wish list | Cloudline | Type K, Venn, GMK Dracula |

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 08:08:54 »
any update?

Offline crykn

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 12:55:32 »
any update?

I apologize for not keeping the GH post as up to date, the Discord is my main source of information for the progress. But just to answer your question, there is going to be a second prototype made - the modifications have already been made - and we are currently waiting in Salvun's queue!

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 22:50:48 »
any update?

Yes, this board is now a 40%, asymmetrical blockers, 4.5u spacebar, and Crykin removed the f key from the alphas so we cant pay respects to the old layout.

This board is bad now, pls dont buy :)

Offline crykn

Re: [IC] Dawn | Final Prototype Made - Raffle Soon
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:45:42 »
Made a long overdue update on the status of this board, the second prototype is done and I expect to hold a raffle soon, but the details are not finalized. I wanted to make sure people who originally followed this thread but opted not to join the Discord server, or people that browse GeekHack and haven't seen the board but are potentially interested, would be able to see the information. I will make a GB thread when the details are ready and link to it in this post, or you can join the Discord server for updates as well.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:50:46 »
Made a long overdue update on the status of this board, the second prototype is done and I expect to hold a raffle soon, but the details are not finalized. I wanted to make sure people who originally followed this thread but opted not to join the Discord server, or people that browse GeekHack and haven't seen the board but are potentially interested, would be able to see the information. I will make a GB thread when the details are ready and link to it in this post, or you can join the Discord server for updates as well.
More pics, please?  :thumb:
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline crykn

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:59:20 »
More pics, please?  :thumb:
I will have to take some more pictures in the next couple of days with better lighting, and I'll see if I can make a build log/typing test video next weekend when I have a chance. For now, the pictures in the main body of the post will have to suffice  :)

There should also be a build stream before any raffle would occur, so that everyone has a chance to really see the board!

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 19:50:35 »
so i assume the raffle is for FE version only, right?
how about the SE version?

Offline El_Jackador

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 03:48:39 »
Love the look of this board, cant wait to see what colours you're choosing!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 03:54:56 »
colors already announced in discord - white / gray / black for fe - and se ... i forgot, no white