Author Topic: New here, not new to KBs  (Read 1714 times)

Offline stevesie

New here, not new to KBs
« on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 20:57:56 »
Hello all,

New to GH here. Not new to the community or to keyboards. I'm not very active anywhere that I'm a part of and I figured it was about time that I setup an account here.

I currently have a lot of boards, mostly vintage. I have a couple of Model Ms, two G80-1800s, a SIIG Minitouch, two Model F PCXT boards, one currently in pieces for restoration, a hand-wired alps 60% based on a chicony plate and kb (so big-ass enter), a KBPv60, a MF68, A bigkeys Plus, and an ergodox that  I 3d printed the plate and case for. My next build will most likely be a 40% of some kind.

I'm also interested in offering my services for assembly, soldering, Desoldering, and maybe a few other things. I have desoldered 3 fullsized alps boards at this point as well as a ton of other things at work. I have only completely assembled my Ergodox as of yet, but I have a pcb coming in soon and hope to have my 40% here soon also which I plan to document as much as possible. I don't know if I have a price set as of yet, but I plan to have the first few be free or very inexpensive until I can get demand going for my services.

I'm a fan of tactile and clicky, and am starting to like the MX blacks on my G80's.

Feel free to ask any questions that you have!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: New here, not new to KBs
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:58:33 »
Welcome!  Awesome collection!  I'm not sure where you'd have to put out a feeler for your assembly know-how, but I think you'll need more posts before you can put up a classified. 

Otherwise, there's plenty of people always trying to assemble a board and talking about it in respective threads--you can always just help them with any problems they're having and offer to do it for them if they're stuck.   :thumb: