Author Topic: Double shot replacements ROUND THREE: Vote for Kits & Quantities!  (Read 1003311 times)

Offline 7bit_vote

Double shot replacements ROUND THREE: Vote for Kits & Quantities!
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 03:27:06 »
Quote from: wulax;270775
It looks unlikely the Nordic layouts will be made. Only 9 votes so far. I might be willing to pay for 3 of that set just to get them made but everyone would need to do that for it to make any difference. :-/

Will any of the blank sets cover an ISO/UK style keyboard? I don't really understand that talk about single-sized keys. I'm a keyboard newbie I guess.

There would be the possibility to include UK kit to the Nordic kit and sell it for $18 if we reach 25 for both kits (currently 6+9==15).

Quote from: wulax;270862
My only question now is:
If the 25 orders minimum is not reached for e.g. the Nordic kit(s) how much more expensive will they become if they are still made?

Current price is $38.88 (please notice that it will be a bit cheaper if there are less produced) for the Nordic kit if everyone takes 2.78 instead of 1. And UK kit will cost $29.16 if everybody takes 4.17 sets. So it would be cheaper to put the UK kit into the Norcdic kit (around $28 for 15 sets, or 18 for 25).

Quote from: Twitchy;270821
I hope that 7bit means "inverted L" when he says "J shape" because I've ordered that kit to complete my ISO set. :eek:

Ummm... :eek:

Sorry, I was not aware of that. I did not know that there is a keyboard with Cherry switches which has got that insanely large Return key.

I will ask SP if they can produce it and what it will cost.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 December 2010, 03:35:02 by 7bit_vote »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 03:59:41 »
Quote from: 7bit_vote;271060
There would be the possibility to include UK kit to the Nordic kit and sell it for $18 if we reach 25 for both kits (currently 6+9==15).

Current price is $38.88 (please notice that it will be a bit cheaper if there are less produced) for the Nordic kit if everyone takes 2.78 instead of 1. And UK kit will cost $29.16 if everybody takes 4.17 sets. So it would be cheaper to put the UK kit into the Norcdic kit (around $28 for 15 sets, or 18 for 25).

Ummm... :eek:

Sorry, I was not aware of that. I did not know that there is a keyboard with Cherry switches which has got that insanely large Return key.

I will ask SP if they can produce it and what it will cost.

Update:

Return keys for ISO layouts:

If you take a kit which is ISOlayout, default is a black J-shape Return key as shown in the graphics. One Return key for any of these ISO layouts is free. But be aware, that costs will raise if there are less than 25 keys ordered.

J-shape RETURN black ......... $4 / 25 (JRET)
J-shape RETURN black blank ... $4 / 25 (JRETBLACK)
J-shape RETURN orange blank .. $4 / 25 (JRETORANGE)
J-shape RETURN white blank ... $4 / 25 (JRETWHITE)
L-shape RETURN black ......... $4 / 25 (LRET)
L-shape RETURN black blank ... $4 / 25 (LRETBLACK)
L-shape RETURN orange blank .. $4 / 25 (LRETORANGE)
L-shape RETURN white blank ... $4 / 25 (LRETWHITE)

Hope that helps ...
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 December 2010, 04:10:55 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline Twitchy

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 05:21:37 »
Quote from: 7bit;271068
If you take a kit which is ISOlayout, default is a black J-shape Return key as shown in the graphics.

That is a relief! I have to point out the contradiction though. The key in the graphic is shaped like an inverted/rotated/"upside down" L (as found on a Filco).

The J-shape return key (as found on a Steelseries) is not shown in the graphic.

I had assumed up until last night that the return key in your graphics was what we would get (I have a UK Filco so it's exactly what I want). It just hit me last night that the pictures said one thing when the words said another, and I wanted to be sure. The last thing we want is for people to get their kits and to complain that they got the wrong keys.

Group hug anyone?! :grouphug:
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 December 2010, 05:27:47 by Twitchy »
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 05:41:34 »
Quote from: Twitchy;271097
That is a relief! I have to point out the contradiction though. The key in the graphic is shaped like an inverted/rotated/"upside down" L (as found on a Filco).

Group hug anyone?! :grouphug:

... and you let me add all those L-shaped return/enter key options for nothing?!

Here is my view of the thing:

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 05:46:21 »
ISO-return would be the clearest, and then J/L...

*Hugs* (anyway)
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 05:53:17 »
Quote from: Ekaros;271102
ISO-return would be the clearest, and then J/L...

*Hugs* (anyway)

I just used the same term as in Round 1:

> International Boost Pack:
>
>    J-shaped Enter $8.49
>    2 Blank character keys $0.42

Offline wulax

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 07:55:47 »
Alright, thanks for answering my questions everyone.

So currently the price for a complete Swedish layout if UK and all Nordic becomes one set:
50+28+14(shipping) = $92
A little steep for a set of keycaps. Lets hope for more buyers or I'll probably drop my order.

Right now the price for orange blanks if I add one set:
ORANGEBLANK + ORANGEBLANKMOD + ORANGEBLANKRET
25*25/10 + 35*25/8 + 8*25/6 = $205 :eek:

I would gladly try recruiting some people from Swedish forums but none of them allow advertising unless I pay great amounts of money it seems.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 08:16:35 »
Quote from: wulax;271130

So currently the price for a complete Swedish layout if UK and all Nordic becomes one set:
50+28+14(shipping) = $92
A little steep for a set of keycaps. Lets hope for more buyers or I'll probably drop my order.

I would gladly try recruiting some people from Swedish forums but none of them allow advertising unless I pay great amounts of money it seems.

It isn't that bad actually:
$28 are for 2 sets of Nordic kit. If there are only 12 being produced it will be a bit cheaper. Also there is some air in most of these kits.

And $!=€ :
68.85+153.42== 222.27 does not look that much. Or does it?

The blank caps could be cheaper, just waiting for a response from SP about that.

ps: don't advertise! Just tell them you have a secret source of high quality double shot key caps.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 08:19:40 »
Quote from: wulax;271130

50+28+14(shipping) = $92

It's not advertising, just hinting there exist this kind of option to buy very good set of keys. I have posted on one forum, but there doesn't seem to be too much activity at those kits...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline grilkip

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 12:24:40 »
Question about space bars.

My filco has the switch in the center of the spacebar, so I assume the spacebar in the standard kit wil be that way.

My g80-3000 has the switch offset somewhat to the right, are any of those spacebars listed compatible with this board?
Filco tenkeyless (browns) - IBM Model M - Cherry G80-3000LSCEU (blues) Das Prof. S (blues)

ANSI FTW

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 12:41:53 »
Quote from: grilkip;271222
Question about space bars.

My filco has the switch in the center of the spacebar, so I assume the spacebar in the standard kit wil be that way.

My g80-3000 has the switch offset somewhat to the right, are any of those spacebars listed compatible with this board?

That space bar fits both, because it has the mounts for both keyboards.

It is still uncertain if SP can make the Leopold spacebar. I'm quite sure they will be able to make those for the G80-1800 and ancient G80-3000 without Windows keys.

These are the spacebars you need:
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEBLACK)
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEGREY)
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEORANGE)

Offline grilkip

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 12:43:23 »
Quote from: 7bit;271229
That space bar fits both, because it has the mounts for both keyboards.

It is still uncertain if SP can make the Leopold spacebar. I'm quite sure they will be able to make those for the G80-1800 and ancient G80-3000 without Windows keys.

These are the spacebars you need:
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEBLACK)
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEGREY)
Cherry/Filco/Ducky ................ (SPACEORANGE)
That makes sense, thanks for the clarification.
Filco tenkeyless (browns) - IBM Model M - Cherry G80-3000LSCEU (blues) Das Prof. S (blues)

ANSI FTW

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Silvester party begins ...
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 12:50:31 »
... so this is my last post in the year 2010 (at least in my timezone).

I wish everybody a happy new year 2011!

Thanks to everyone who participated so far in this Round THREE and gave me suggestiones, new ideas, or votes!

Tastaturen statt Böller!

Don't spend too much on fireworks!

Buy key caps instead!

:-)
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 January 2011, 07:52:50 by 7bit »

Offline eliOcs

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 13:50:14 »
Happy new year! Thanks for all your hard work I cant wait for those keycaps ^^.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 14:46:28 »
Food isn't important keycaps are ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline theferenc

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 01 January 2011, 12:07:24 »
So, I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but with the migration over here to the non-keyboard forum, exposure is likely to be quite limited.

I'm worried there isn't really a good way to make it clear this thread even exists from within the keyboard forum, where most people tend to be. It was stickied there, but has since been removed.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 01 January 2011, 16:33:22 »
Quote from: theferenc;271633
So, I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but with the migration over here to the non-keyboard forum, exposure is likely to be quite limited.

I'm worried there isn't really a good way to make it clear this thread even exists from within the keyboard forum, where most people tend to be. It was stickied there, but has since been removed.

It took me some time to find my own thread. I posted a new topic in the keyboards forum to redirect everybody who is in the same situation.

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 01 January 2011, 22:14:03 »
I'm also interested in the blank orange set
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")
| IBM Model M 1391401 (BS) | Goldtouch GTC-0033 Keypad (MX Browns) |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline BlueRain

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 01 January 2011, 23:33:28 »
Question:
1. is there a specific for the tenkeyless? Or my only choice is to get the standard, I will have the extra keycaps for the numpads?
2. how would the price work if they don't reach the number of sets? Will they be produced at all?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 03:37:15 »
Quote from: BlueRain;271874
Question:
1. is there a specific for the tenkeyless? Or my only choice is to get the standard, I will have the extra keycaps for the numpads?
2. how would the price work if they don't reach the number of sets? Will they be produced at all?

1. No, there is no split between tenkeyless and numpad. There are way too many options anyway. Splitting up anything further will make sure this ends in chaos!

2. Some kits I want for myself. So I will support those prices, if necessary.
These kits are:

Modifier kit ................ $18 / 25 (MODIFIER)
1.5-sized Modifier kit ...... $10 / 25 (ONEHALFMOD)
Numeric kit ................. $10 / 25 (NUMERIC)
Function kit ................ $10 / 25 (FUNCTION)
POS kit ..................... $18 / 25 (POS)

All others will be more expansive.

Let p be the price @25 sets and n the number of sets sold, then p*25/n is an upper boundary for the per set price.

Actual price will be lower and the price @ 25 sets mostly contains some air which allows to add further keys to a kit.

Quote from: turbocharged;271854
I'm also interested in the blank orange set

Please send 7bit_vote a message with the following content:
ORANGEBLANK 16
ORANGEBLANKMOD 17
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 January 2011, 03:40:23 by 7bit »

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 06:32:24 »
Was the spacebar size/format ever determined for the KR-6230?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 08:35:43 »
Quote from: iMav;271923
Was the spacebar size/format ever determined for the KR-6230?

Pull the spacebar, measure it up to a 10th of a millimeter, create a technical drawing including all mesures and send it to my e-mail-address.

If SP can make it AND there are enough folks who want it AND you make 'group buys' at least a sub-forum of 'keyboards' THEN you will get one!

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 10:20:56 »
Quote from: 7bit;271932
Pull the spacebar, measure it up to a 10th of a millimeter, create a technical drawing including all mesures and send it to my e-mail-address.

If SP can make it AND there are enough folks who want it AND you make 'group buys' at least a sub-forum of 'keyboards' THEN you will get one!

There is an announcement/sticky that is clearly visible within the keyboard forum that links to the group buys subforum.  

Where are the specs for the other spacebars?  I'm mainly just curious to find out if it matches one of the other spacebars.  (no way do we get a significant number of members wanting a spacebar for this keyboard)

Offline theferenc

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 12:24:43 »
Quote from: 7bit;271910
Please send 7bit_vote a message with the following content:
ORANGEBLANK 16
ORANGEBLANKMOD 17

I love the way you think. You do realize someone will likely eventually do something stupid like this, and then will get mad, and there will be tears, dogs and cats living together, the gatekeeper will run around like a dog looking for the keymaster, and Gozer the Gozerian will consume all of our souls.

Or it will be funny.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 12:33:51 »
Quote from: iMav;271946
There is an announcement/sticky that is clearly visible within the keyboard forum that links to the group buys subforum.  

Where are the specs for the other spacebars?  I'm mainly just curious to find out if it matches one of the other spacebars.  (no way do we get a significant number of members wanting a spacebar for this keyboard)

I aked sixty about the measures of the Leopold and other spacebars. There is an irritatingly large number of different spacebars. That iRocks KR 6230 spacebar does not fit to any Cherry keybaord I came across so far. It would be great to have a photo plus the measures of the key-mounts. I cant tell SP "we need a spacebar which fits an iRocks KR 6230".

That group buy link is ok, I was just kidding a bit. :-)

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 12:37:41 »
Quote from: ripster;271942
Wow, telling iMav to create a Technical Drawing?

Here's my technical drawing for one of the "Toy" Keys.
Show Image

All art including this idea is copyrighted by Ripster and Jackie Chiles is watching your every move

Doesn't look much technical. Where are the measures?

If you really want it included as an option, I would need a top-view of that face.
Color: yellow or orange?
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 January 2011, 12:40:12 by 7bit »

Offline chuckading

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 14:56:26 »
Quote from: 7bit;272000
I aked sixty about the measures of the Leopold and other spacebars. There is an irritatingly large number of different spacebars.

I'm really hoping the Leopold spacebar is able to be made. I'm sure there will be many leopold owners once they go on sale.

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 04:40:11 »
Quote from: ripster;272037
Here's the spacebar.

[IMAGE WITH RULER SHOWING 3 WELL KNOWN SPACEBARS]

Signature on top.  Cherry in middle.  Filco on bottom.  I assume Filco=Das=Rosewill  when it comes to spacebars.

Would be great to have something like this with those spacebars for which we don't know if SP can make them.

I added those 2 awesome faces plus the keyboard and ಠ_ಠ to the list:

black on yellow

white on red

Awesome face
... unspecified color ....... $?? / 25 (AWESOME)
... black on yellow ......... $?? / 25 (AWESOMEYELLOW)
... white on red ............ $?? / 25 (AWESOMERED)
Keyboard key ................ $?? / 25 (KEYBOARDKEY)
a_a key ..................... $?? / 25 (AWITHDOTUNDERSCOREAWITHDOT)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 January 2011, 04:49:36 by 7bit_vote »

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 04:41:00 »
Quote from: chuckading;272053
I'm really hoping the Leopold spacebar is able to be made. I'm sure there will be many leopold owners once they go on sale.

They will be able to make it, nut the questions is, how much will it cost?

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 06:19:01 »

Show Image

totally want

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 06:19:38 »
Hmm, so which order will have red ANY-key? ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline 7bit_vote

Test
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 08:46:31 »
Test.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Test.
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 10:16:01 »
Test.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 12:57:31 »
Quote from: Ekaros;272285
Hmm, so which order will have red ANY-key? ;D

Do you really want an ANY-key?

Should it just say 'ANY'?

... or 'ANY KEY'?

would be no problem in white on orange or white on black, or white on grey.

No? Really in red?

Well, let's see what I can do about.

Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez;272284
totally want

Show Image

Now that's really awesome!

That kid must be from Scottland, where whisky goes as regular food.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 January 2011, 13:06:07 by 7bit »

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 13:23:55 »
Quote from: 7bit;272402
Do you really want an ANY-key?

Should it just say 'ANY'?

... or 'ANY KEY'?

would be no problem in white on orange or white on black, or white on grey.

No? Really in red?

Well, let's see what I can do about.

I don't know if anyone else want those...

Or if one is even needed...

White on red or orange and same as pimpmykeyboard:
ANY
KEY

Probably could do... Not sure if even viable...
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 January 2011, 13:27:04 by Ekaros »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 02:43:43 »
Quote from: Ekaros;272423
I don't know if anyone else want those...

Or if one is even needed...

White on red or orange and same as pimpmykeyboard:
ANY
KEY

Probably could do... Not sure if even viable...

Some folks wanted white on red stuff. So it would be possible to include a red-package. If there are not enouigh people for that ANY KEY, it might be in stock (but most presumably in SA-profile).

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 10:10:18 »
Quote from: 7bit;271910

2. Some kits I want for myself. So I will support those prices, if necessary.
-snip-

All others will be more expansive.

Let p be the price @25 sets and n the number of sets sold, then p*25/n is an upper boundary for the per set price.

Actual price will be lower and the price @ 25 sets mostly contains some air which allows to add further keys to a kit.

Wait a second, so if one kit only gets one vote, the person who voted for that kit is going to have to pay p*25 and is only going to get one kit?  Why not just order 25 kits, they pay the same price, and then they could at least have the chance of selling the extras instead of just being out the money for a single kit?

Not exactly sure how this will work for something that gets say 17 votes, but I know if I were going to have to pay a higher price for one kit when I could pay that same price for 2 or 3 kits if more people ordered, I'd just order a few more and hope to try to sell them instead of paying the same amount and getting less =\.

I just don't think if you vote for a kit you really like, and no one else votes for it, you should be stuck and haha we're ordering 1 set of that but you're gonna have to pay p*25 because you were the only one that wanted it.

Or did I read it wrong and you're not ordering kits unless you meet the specific minimum requirement, in which case my whole post is moot? :P

Work: White HHKB Pro 2 w/ lettering
Home: White Filco tenkeyless MX Browns
Laptop: Black Filco tenkeyless MX Blacks

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 10:19:32 »
Quote from: 7bit;272812
Some folks wanted white on red stuff. So it would be possible to include a red-package. If there are not enouigh people for that ANY KEY, it might be in stock (but most presumably in SA-profile).

Red Gamer kit added (order-ID: RED)

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 10:26:35 »
Quote from: Broncosoozie;272931
Wait a second, so if one kit only gets one vote, the person who voted for that kit is going to have to pay p*25 and is only going to get one kit?  Why not just order 25 kits, they pay the same price, and then they could at least have the chance of selling the extras instead of just being out the money for a single kit?

Not exactly sure how this will work for something that gets say 17 votes, but I know if I were going to have to pay a higher price for one kit when I could pay that same price for 2 or 3 kits if more people ordered, I'd just order a few more and hope to try to sell them instead of paying the same amount and getting less =\.

I just don't think if you vote for a kit you really like, and no one else votes for it, you should be stuck and haha we're ordering 1 set of that but you're gonna have to pay p*25 because you were the only one that wanted it.

Or did I read it wrong and you're not ordering kits unless you meet the specific minimum requirement, in which case my whole post is moot? :P

You will not pay that much! It is only an upper boundary.

I don't know what they charge for just one key. It will be maybe like buying 15 keys of 25. Take 15 and you pay maybe as much as 20 of 25 would cost.

Remember, that you can change your vote at any time, so there is no risk at all to vote for the kits you want!

If they get more expansive as you hoped, you can jump off and make the others, who need those kits, suffer even more!

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 10:42:56 »
Quote from: 7bit_vote;272939
You will not pay that much! It is only an upper boundary.

I don't know what they charge for just one key. It will be maybe like buying 15 keys of 25. Take 15 and you pay maybe as much as 20 of 25 would cost.

Remember, that you can change your vote at any time, so there is no risk at all to vote for the kits you want!

If they get more expansive as you hoped, you can jump off and make the others, who need those kits, suffer even more!

Hmmm, I think I understand now.  After all the votes are tallied, basically unless the people wanting the low vote kits REALLY want them, they'll just PM you and drop their votes for that kit, which means that kit won't make it to production if there are 0 votes.  But as long as there's one vote and the person who has that vote is willing to pay the premium, then the kit will be made?  That is how I understand it.

In any case, votes sent (or sending right now :P)

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 10:49:36 »
Red kit looks good... Me Want!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 11:50:38 »
Fanx, 7bit!

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 13:00:27 »
BTW, there is error in private message link in OPs post right one would be http://geekhack.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6886

One in post message is missing user-id...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Naku

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 13:18:26 »
Quote from: 7bit_vote;272936
Show Image

I was going to order orange kit, but this looks better... maybe I'll take both... any change to get matching spacebar and return? :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 January 2011, 13:23:58 by Naku »

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 15:29:48 »
Quote from: Ekaros;273040
BTW, there is error in private message link in OPs post right one would be http://geekhack.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6886

One in post message is missing user-id...

I corrected that.

I didn't know how it works, thanks!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
Drawing not technical enough!
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 15:34:10 »
Wow, telling iMav to create a Technical Drawing?

Here's my technical drawing for one of the "Toy" Keys.
[AWESOME FACE]
All art including this idea is copyrighted by Ripster and Jackie Chiles is watching your every move

Awesome Face can be insert molded, however I would need an illustrator file of the Awesome Face. Pricing for 25 of each key is $3.85 / each.

:-)

Offline bojinglebells

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 16:20:24 »
Quote from: 7bit_vote;272936
Show Image

I would totally change one or both of my orange votes to red...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco M2 TKL R - SteelSeries 6Gv2 - Cherry G80-3494 - Razer BlackWidow[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline 7bit_vote

Update!
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 16:26:52 »
I got a message from SP, so I updated the pricelist.

Also I cleaned it a bit here, tweaked it a bit there.

The WASD-key with arrows, those 'a'-s with dots and underscroe, the keyboard key and Ripster's Awesome face will cost $4 each if 25 are produced.[1]

Prices for blanks dropped a bit:

A full 104-key set costs now $45 instead of $60.

Thanks to everybody who supports this group order!!!

-----------
[1] Please notice that someone must do the collation job, so I surely can't give those keys away for $3.85, as stated above.

Offline 7bit_vote

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 16:33:15 »
Quote from: ripster;273153
Oops.  What's Illustrator?  Photoshop I can do.

I'm not sure.

Maybe she needs some PDF-file, or so. Something which they can use to make the tool.

I don't know if they 'print' the tool,
or have some CNC-machine to do the job.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 January 2011, 17:05:09 by 7bit_vote »

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 16:42:04 »
Quote from: ripster;273153
Oops.  What's Illustrator?  Photoshop I can do.

I think Illustrator does vector files, which I guess is the format they need for whatever they're using to make the mold.