Author Topic: Silver Vortex Aluminum TKL Cases - GH Exclusive!  (Read 16856 times)

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
Silver Vortex Aluminum TKL Cases - GH Exclusive!
« on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:59:27 »
Not much interest on GH. Can be purchased on our website while supplies last.
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=212  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:24:22 by JoshMK »
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
Re: Silver Vortex Aluminum TKL Cases - GH Exclusive!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 16:10:16 »
This makes me wish that I had a Filco  :'(   :))

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 17:13:13 »
Which kind of TKL can sit in it? For exemple would it be possible to swap the stock case of a Novatouch for this one?

Does this case would give such a result: https://dangwang.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/img_0931.jpg considering the height of the case without the top part?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 18:09:04 »
I just ordered mine =) JoshMK is very helpful and informative, not to mention quick to reply. I'll be doing an update once I receive the case.

Which kind of TKL can sit in it? For exemple would it be possible to swap the stock case of a Novatouch for this one?
Does this case would give such a result: https://dangwang.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/img_0931.jpg considering the height of the case without the top part?

Considering the QFR fits, the Novatouch should fit as well. However remember you have to order a separate cable to use because this one doesn't come with the microUSB hub. I ordered mine from PexonPCs.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 18:51:24 »
I just ordered mine =) JoshMK is very helpful and informative, not to mention quick to reply. I'll be doing an update once I receive the case.

Considering the QFR fits, the Novatouch should fit as well. However remember you have to order a separate cable to use because this one doesn't come with the microUSB hub. I ordered mine from PexonPCs.

I wonder if the plate of my Novatouch does look decent enough for it to be apparent with such a case or if I would have to switch the plate too (maybe PCB but I don't know if that's required and even less if it is possible for a Topre board). What do you think?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 19:02:51 »

I wonder if the plate of my Novatouch does look decent enough for it to be apparent with such a case or if I would have to switch the plate too (maybe PCB but I don't know if that's required and even less if it is possible for a Topre board). What do you think?

You won't really notice the plate unless you take off your case often. As long as the plate of the Novatouch is bent downwards like every other CM storm QFR, you'll be good to go.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 19:32:13 »

You won't really notice the plate unless you take off your case often. As long as the plate of the Novatouch is bent downwards like every other CM storm QFR, you'll be good to go.
Alright thank you.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 19:45:52 »
I'm pretty sure the novatouch will not fit in this case.

There have been a few threads around about putting it in existing cases and I think the idea was shot down.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 19:52:01 »

There have been a few threads around about putting it in existing cases and I think the idea was shot down.

That really sucks :O

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 04:03:20 »

Killed all my dreams ...

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 06:26:31 »

yes, the novatouch, rapid-I wouldn't fit. Both of them have longer plates compared to Filco and QFR

Also, sorry Kira. At least you're getting this now :D

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 11:38:24 »

yes, the novatouch, rapid-I wouldn't fit. Both of them have longer plates compared to Filco and QFR

Just got it =D I ordered it yesterday at 1am and got it today at 12pm. 3 day delivery FTW XD
First impressions, gotta change these ugly keycaps. You can actually feel the letters (YUCK).
The soft-coating feels nice but I can tell it won't last long. But judging by how long I'll be using the stock case until I get my vortex on Friday, that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 13:01:01 »

Just got it =D I ordered it yesterday at 1am and got it today at 12pm. 3 day delivery FTW XD
First impressions, gotta change these ugly keycaps. You can actually feel the letters (YUCK).
The soft-coating feels nice but I can tell it won't last long. But judging by how long I'll be using the stock case until I get my vortex on Friday, that shouldn't be a problem.

It was the same problem on the stock ABS keycaps of my Novatouch. I just a thick Leopold PBT set on it a few minutes ago and it did change a lot. Love it so far.

Thanks for the info. It is a pity though. The board would have been so nice with a low profile case to be honest. 

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 13:17:08 »

It was the same problem on the stock ABS keycaps of my Novatouch. I just a thick Leopold PBT set on it a few minutes ago and it did change a lot. Love it so far.

Thanks for the info. It is a pity though. The board would have been so nice with a low profile case to be honest. 

you're welcome. Well, if you got extra money and time to spare, you can try harvesting a plate from a Filco/QFR and then use it on the Rapid-I. It might work, can't be sure of that.

what board did you get?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 14:25:00 »

you're welcome. Well, if you got extra money and time to spare, you can try harvesting a plate from a Filco/QFR and then use it on the Rapid-I. It might work, can't be sure of that.

what board did you get?

Got the QFR with brown switches OFC hehe

Offline intelli78

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 14:40:39 »
I actually just got one of these from skcheng last week, totally would have ordered otherwise. But mine didn't come with the rectangular rubber feet/strips  -- do you guys have any spares? (to be clear, talking about the strips that fit in the 4 recesses, not the 2 circular feet)
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.