Author Topic: Apple Extended Keyboard - Mods ? - Is it Worth at All ?  (Read 40067 times)

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
Re: Apple Extended Keyboard - Mods ? - Is it Worth at All ?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 11:20:53 »
Example: I've used the same dye (02 Golden Glow) for the modifiers on the top and the middle keyboard in the picture below. About 45 minutes for the darker, almost orange, color and about 20 minutes (or 30… don't quite remember) for the mustard yellow. (In the top keyboard I also used the Tangerine dye for enter, backspace and tab keys. Just thought I'd mention that..)
(Attachment Link)

Maestro  Yoeda !     :o :thumb: :thumb:

Haha! :D Nah, I'm not a Jedi yet :P But thanks :)

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 12:25:41 »
This is relevant to my interests.
I'd especially love to see more of that AEK-TKL conversion from the first post.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:52:21 »
Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. Nothing special just yet (and I guess technically not an AEK mod), but I've finally got around to TMK'ing my AAK, just need to figure out why all the side buttons crash the controller now...once I've got the firmware sorted I'll work on making it pretty again.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 01:13:01 »
I know this thread is old, but I have a question. How does one cut a PCB and turn it into a 60%? I have an old Apple Standard that I'd love to do this to. Any tips for a n00b modder like me?

Cheers!

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 02:56:59 »
I know this thread is old, but I have a question. How does one cut a PCB and turn it into a 60%? I have an old Apple Standard that I'd love to do this to. Any tips for a n00b modder like me?

Cheers!

If you want to use the original PCB you can either trace the circuits, take notes and photos, cut the board and repair the traces, or you just use the PCB for stability, cut all traces to the pads and make a new hand wired matrix connected to the pads. The latter lets you make a nkro diode matrix and have easier work in TMK (or other firmware of choice).

The other options are to make a handwired matrix or to make your own PCB. You are most welcome to use my PCB design for 60% Apple Standard Keyboard if you want. Or I could make one for you if you're interested.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 03:34:27 by Yoe »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 19:18:26 »

Cheers!

If you want to use the original PCB you can either trace the circuits, take notes and photos, cut the board and repair the traces, or you just use the PCB for stability, cut all traces to the pads and make a new hand wired matrix connected to the pads. The latter lets you make a nkro diode matrix and have easier work in TMK (or other firmware of choice).

The other options are to make a handwired matrix or to make your own PCB. You are most welcome to use my PCB design for 60% Apple Standard Keyboard if you want. Or I could make one for you if you're interested.
Tacksam Yoe!
Great Job!

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 17:46:29 »
Hey sprit, I am not able to PM you, so I figured I would ask here. I really love the mod you did with the f keyless tkl. Would you be ok with me copying it? I will credit you.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 03:56:35 »
Hey sprit, I am not able to PM you, so I figured I would ask here. I really love the mod you did with the f keyless tkl. Would you be ok with me copying it? I will credit you.

No Problem at all Mike!    I guess Anyone can imagine F Keyless TKL, just I did a bit earlier or so.
Thanks Comrade!   :)    Emailed!
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 August 2016, 04:12:07 by sprit »

Offline nevin

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:15:23 »
Example: I've used the same dye (02 Golden Glow) for the modifiers on the top and the middle keyboard in the picture below. About 45 minutes for the darker, almost orange, color and about 20 minutes (or 30… don't quite remember) for the mustard yellow. (In the top keyboard I also used the Tangerine dye for enter, backspace and tab keys. Just thought I'd mention that..)

(Attachment Link)

i know this is old, but i have to know..... what language/layout variation are these? they're fantastic. i've never seen an return like that, love the small shifts, and the bottom right cluster is great.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 04:11:09 »

(Attachment Link)

i know this is old, but i have to know..... what language/layout variation are these? they're fantastic. i've never seen an return like that, love the small shifts, and the bottom right cluster is great.

Swedish I believe

Offline nevin

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 09:15:51 »
thanks
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 11:28:10 »
i know this is old, but i have to know..... what language/layout variation are these?
Swedish I believe
Yep. A Swedish/Finnish M0118. Europe got the M0118 as their "Apple Standard Keyboard".
I don't know if this was ever available in the US, only that English layout for the UK exists.
The US would have otherwise instead got the M0116 with backwards-L Return key and Ctrl in place of Caps Lock — same layout as the Apple ADB Keyboard for the Apple IIgs.

Offline nevin

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 11:40:04 »
i know this is old, but i have to know..... what language/layout variation are these?
Swedish I believe
Yep. A Swedish/Finnish M0118. Europe got the M0118 as their "Apple Standard Keyboard".
I don't know if this was ever available in the US, only that English layout for the UK exists.
The US would have otherwise instead got the M0116 with backwards-L Return key and Ctrl in place of Caps Lock — same layout as the Apple ADB Keyboard for the Apple IIgs.

yeah, found images of the m0118 after a little digging. i didn't know that one existed! i'd love to get my hands on one, or parts of one at least.