Poll

What should happen with the payment discrepancy?

Refund money to participants
9 (25%)
Send participants extra switches
8 (22.2%)
Send participants silly things and donate money
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:35:50

Author Topic: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates  (Read 298258 times)

Offline phoible

Re: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates
« Reply #1450 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 22:09:08 »
I'm looking for an AEKII ANSI plate. Does anyone have the schematics from this GB and know where I could have one made?

I tried cutting down the plate on the AEKII, but I don't have the appropriate tools, so I couldn't get it to quite fit inside the case I have.

Offline rand77

« Reply #1451 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 23:29:49 »
You could try using swill's awesome plate builder:

http://builder.swillkb.com/

Then have one cut at a local shop or some online shop that specializes in one off prototypes (bigbluesaw?).   It might be cost effective for a on-off prototype if you laser cut an acrylic or aluminum plate.

Just going by the 60% Alps render, I can see some of the stab locations interfere with the case cutouts (for Poker cases).    I would validate the design before prototyping it.   Some of the other members would have more experience though, I've never actually made anything with the tool.

Offline n__dles

« Reply #1452 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 18:15:24 »
I'm looking for an AEKII ANSI plate. Does anyone have the schematics from this GB and know where I could have one made?

I tried cutting down the plate on the AEKII, but I don't have the appropriate tools, so I couldn't get it to quite fit inside the case I have.
If the plate isn't damaged, it will cost less to pay someone to cut it down. A one off plate will cost around $100 [source].

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #1453 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 19:55:54 »

Have a look at this:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81740.0

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1454 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 22:25:28 »
....aaaaand the donations have finally been completed.  This Alps Party is officially complete.  I hope everyone is still enjoying their loot.

Any chance this will get another run?

Yes and no.  I'm trying to see if I can find time to do another Alps Party run.  However, it probably won't be a 60%.  I was thinking about a tenkey and/or a TKL.

For those of you haven't heard yet, the next Alps Party is in IC mode.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1455 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 12:23:15 »
Not to zombie the thread, but was there every discovered a workaround for the right shift stabilizer, or does that still include a pair of scissors?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #1456 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 18:14:18 »
Congrat!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:15:05 »
Not to zombie the thread, but was there every discovered a workaround for the right shift stabilizer, or does that still include a pair of scissors?

An acceptable necro.

The solution I have been using is re-bending the Matias stab wires.  I use two pairs of pliers to straighten the wire, then mark the bend locations with a sharpie.  I bend the wire partially using the pliers, then I use a hammer and anvil (a squared edge of some pliers works fine too in lieu of an anvil) to make the wire bend with the correct angle.  This has produced good results once I got the method down.  If there is any extra wire, you can trim that with a pair of dikes (scissors will be dulled if you try to use those).

Offline wakko

« Reply #1458 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 21:02:09 »
Sorry for the necro. But finally got around assembling the hhkb plate and the space bar is super wobbly. I missed it but the hhkb didn't have the additional 2 holes like the at101 plate does. Any suggestion for stabilizing the space bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOOB
KUL ES-87

Offline ClickityClock

« Reply #1459 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 16:28:37 »
I know this is a 4eally old post but I'm really struggling trying to find an Alps64 PCB. If any of these are still available or anyone knows where to get one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1460 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 16:51:36 »
You can purchase an Alps64 from Hasu. He has an open thread and current sale. If you want one with underglow RGB, you can try the Paladin64. Just google those two boards and you should find them.

Offline Applet

« Reply #1461 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 08:03:51 »
Apologies for the necro bump.

Did anyone get the AEK ISO Plate from this buy? I'm designing a similar plate and I'm curious if there was any lessons learned there I should know about.