Author Topic: [IC] R00TW0RM Set  (Read 17829 times)

Offline f/64

[IC] R00TW0RM Set
« on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:06:12 »
While GH was down and marooned on DT, interest was expressed in a R00TW0RM key cap. I had the idea over in the key cap section first and it really seemed to gain support so here we are.

Except for the iMav (which will be Dye Subbed) these will be SP Double Shots.
DCS family done in the SP font.
ON on GQM to match the GH colors.

G and H keys will be Row 3 profile
R-R-R-Roll Back will be Row 1
The iMav dye sub will also be Row 1
Everything else will be Row 5
(If there's interest in changing a profile, we can do that)

The cost before shipping for the set would be $13.52 if we ordered 100 sets. There's always a possibility this could change slightly, and shipping will increase the cost of course.

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Ideas. Kgo

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: [IC] R00TW0RM Set
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:15:25 »
In for a set!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:17:04 »
no thanks :cool:

though it is tempting for the G H and iMav keys...

How much without the rip/roll/root keys?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:18:50 »
In for the lulz

Offline Larken

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:39:04 »
I'm down for one.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:39:15 »
In for 1.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline f/64

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:43:18 »
no thanks :cool:

though it is tempting for the G H and iMav keys...

How much without the rip/roll/root keys?

I don't really want to start splitting them up as I imagine it'd just become too much work. Sell off the others?

Offline Hirsti

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:47:03 »
count me in :D

Offline winzds

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:48:59 »
in for one

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 22:59:59 »
Lol ok.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:05:36 »
In 4 1

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:06:31 »
Ripster and rootworm is lame

Giving too much attention to people that only ruined this forum.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline whiskerBox

[IC] R00TW0RM Set
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:08:46 »

Second that lets not reward bad behavior.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:11:53 »

Second that lets not reward bad behavior.

Pretty much this.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:35:34 »

Still so much.......HATE. ::)   But they have helped in the progression of this site.  Put me down for one set please.

You still forget that iMav is there, in all his Dye-sub magnificence.  :p   That is worth it alone.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 23:50:28 »

These are part of the history of Geekhack.

And besides, any such ruination was only temporary, and GH has rebounded.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline whiskerBox

[IC] R00TW0RM Set
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:10:00 »

These are part of the history of Geekhack.

And besides, any such ruination was only temporary, and GH has rebounded.

So if I come break into your house you are gonna start wearing cat tshirts right?
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:23:17 »
its more like with tattoos... you might get a tattoo at a certain point in your life, and then 'grow out of it', but it still reflects a certain point in your life that you can hold some reverence for.

it's not as serious as a tattoo... honestly i think the r-r-r-rollback key (not the 1x) and the r.i.p.ster key are dumber than the rootworm key. i think that one is actually pretty funny :))

anyway still in for a set. jwaz you can have the G H keys from mine :D
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline f/64

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:29:19 »
its more like with tattoos... you might get a tattoo at a certain point in your life, and then 'grow out of it', but it still reflects a certain point in your life that you can hold some reverence for.

it's not as serious as a tattoo... honestly i think the r-r-r-rollback key (not the 1x) and the r.i.p.ster key are dumber than the rootworm key. i think that one is actually pretty funny :))

anyway still in for a set. jwaz you can have the G H keys from mine :D

^

If there's not significant interest, or enough to make the set worth it, then we can see about dropping some keys. Everything included in the set was something somebody suggested except for the 2x1 that I did as a play on C-C-C-Combo Breaker since the site had been rolled back before.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:31:30 »
ripster is no longer on this forum for a reason.

why are we bothering to "honor" him again?

Offline f/64

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:33:59 »
ripster is no longer on this forum for a reason.

why are we bothering to "honor" him again?

Regardless of whether he's here or not, you have to admit he was a pretty big part of GH and has shaped it at least a little into what it is now. You don't have to look at it as honoring HIM anyways, look at it as BANNING him. Or just don't buy it; it's only part of the set because GHers were interested in it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:39:26 »
he was a self centered prick that only did **** to feed his own ego.

he didnt shape **** for the sake of the community. he did his wikis so people could praise him.

Offline f/64

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:44:44 »
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, everyone is. I only dealt with him a couple of times, and I wasn't around for the banning so I'm pretty indifferent. If you don't want the key cap, don't buy the set. Or buy it and set the damned thing on fire.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 00:52:48 »
So if I come break into your house you are gonna start wearing cat tshirts right?

Good point.

he didnt shape **** for the sake of the community. he did his wikis so people could praise him.

Regardless of which, they were a good source of information for the community.

Offline dirge

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 01:15:43 »
I don't understand the hate. These are just some keys to mark events this year.  Lighten up.  Do one with "I paid Rag's rent" on it.  (Not true but a little funny) Thing's happen on this forum and better to laugh about it than blow a fuse.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 01:37:35 »
I'm in for a set, but you are missing a period in the R.I.P. of R.I.P.ster. Does SP have helvetica as an optional font, or would that be an extra fee?
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 04:44:27 »
he was a self centered prick that only did **** to feed his own ego.

So I take it you'll invite him to your next birthday bash?   :))   You never get this angry unless his name is mentioned...... did he do something to you?

The ONLY thing that gets me angry (unpleasant) are cowards who attack women and slimes who take advantage of children.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 September 2012, 04:50:15 by Elrick »

Offline dirge

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 05:04:09 »
did he do something to you?

Point on the doll where he touched you.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline f/64

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 07:39:47 »
I'm in for a set, but you are missing a period in the R.I.P. of R.I.P.ster. Does SP have helvetica as an optional font, or would that be an extra fee?

I left it off because it offsets the center alignment and looks odd to me, but I can change it if desired.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 08:31:38 »
Demik always gets riled up whenever ripster is mentioned. Personally, I think he's the new GH troll, atleast after the new GH started.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline modulor

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 11:55:27 »

I left it off because it offsets the center alignment and looks odd to me, but I can change it if desired.
Show Image

Definitely make sure the kerning is way off.

Offline DaClownie

• Handsome Devil
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 13:02:54 »
Very interested. in for a set when it happens.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 14:37:53 »
so quite a while ago we had an idea, which was to have some rootworm keycaps made, and then to have a contest to see who can destroy one or more in the most creative possible way, on video of course.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 15:23:21 »
I'm in for a set.

I think the Rollback backspace key should have the arrow graphic instead of the R-R-R-. If you do it in WYSE font, it should be two words. <-- Roll Back. If Cherry font, just one word. <-- Rollback.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline f/64

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 16:30:43 »
Do we prefer this over the old one?

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 16:41:24 »
Off topic but I'd love a modifier set for my pure with orange legends on black keys!
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline f/64

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 16:45:43 »
Off topic but I'd love a modifier set for my pure with orange legends on black keys!

I'm not sure if we would include it with this one; we certainly can if everybody wants it. I would just be worried about adding more caps to this one when a few folks are already buying it for just one or two caps. I'll definitely mock it up, as a few people have expressed interest, but it would probably end up as a different set.

Offline pasph

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 16:56:02 »

+1
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 18:42:14 »
Demik always gets riled up whenever ripster is mentioned. Personally, I think he's the new GH troll, atleast after the new GH started.
Funny, you get a hard on whenever he is mentioned.

Gh troll? **** maybe if I play my cards right I'll get my very own cheerleader! I'll call him lilgunner.

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 18:56:02 »
can someone fill me in on the whole ripster thing? because someone was calling me ripster eariler. and for someone who's new...  i dont get it :p
Filco MJ2 TKL | HHKB Type-S w/ MX Sliders

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 18:58:09 »
Ripster makes sockpuppet accounts here, and I guess your post looked like something he would say. Unless you are him, in which case - Yo.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:01:23 »
but WHO is ripster...    i get the whole "new account" thingy haha
like whats the big deal with him?

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
[IC] R00TW0RM Set
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:06:19 »
WHO cares

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:10:14 »
I cares? or i wouldnt have asked :p

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:13:40 »
Sweet, who doesn't want a cheerleader?! Wish we still had the :cheer2: emoticon from VB. At this rate, you'll definitely get one!
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:20:07 »
I would buy but not if it includes a RIPster cap.

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:24:24 »
Sweet, who doesn't want a cheerleader?! Wish we still had the :cheer2: emoticon from VB. At this rate, you'll definitely get one!

im not a cheerleader... -__-
i just want to know what happened :/

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:37:01 »

I was talking to demik.

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:39:02 »

I was talking to demik.

oh.... :P  sorry haha

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 19:41:39 »
Np! The GH mods don't like us talking about ripster, but you can ask over at Deskthority!