Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4156774 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25950 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 19:49:32 »
Unemployment has finally caught up and I cannot afford my rent this month. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I've already sold off a lot of stuff the last few months and borrowed from family. Been eating mostly ramen and dollar microwave meals for months.

Gonna have to start selling off the things I actually care about now, kinda out of options at this point.

Please don't let 2019 somehow be worse than 2018. It just can't be.

**** option and I've had to use it extensively but have you tried temp agencies or day labor? It sucks horribly but is better than having to sell stuff you care about. The labor stuff is especially tough when you're used to working indoors using your brain. I found concrete work to be quite demanding. Building swimming pools is something I'd rather not do again, or concrete work in general.

That's the plan early next week to go down to a temp agency. At this point I just need any job, pride experience and education be damned. It really sucks knowing that you are trying your best for an extended amount of time and no one wants you, but now it's either do something or be homeless in a few weeks.

Life was supposed to get easier and more fulfilling, dunno where I went so wrong.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #25951 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 19:54:31 »
Unemployment has finally caught up and I cannot afford my rent this month. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I've already sold off a lot of stuff the last few months and borrowed from family. Been eating mostly ramen and dollar microwave meals for months.

Gonna have to start selling off the things I actually care about now, kinda out of options at this point.

Please don't let 2019 somehow be worse than 2018. It just can't be.

At the end of it,  You could always fall back to weed dealing.. 

You've got the connects,  You've got more education than the average...

You've got a rotund body which makes you appear amicable..

Deep down, you're ruthless/ cold/ psychopathic...  It's all there

It'll be fine.. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25952 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 20:09:12 »
Had to live out of my car for a few months way back when because I couldn't find an apartment in time. I definitely understand where you're coming from. Stay strong, etc.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25953 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 04:14:07 »
Had to live out of my car for a few months way back when because I couldn't find an apartment in time. I definitely understand where you're coming from. Stay strong, etc.

I was a teenager and ejected myself from my family because teenage feels. Slept on a couch, in a junkie den for like 7 months.

No I did not play the game of shoots and dragons, but that was a ****ing eye opener. 

You can always pick yourself back up and make this time nothing more than a bad memory Noisyturtle. 

Offline iri

« Reply #25954 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 04:50:42 »
Ha, building pools. I was walking in an alien costume on the main street, advertising a sci-fi theater. In frosty weather. Here:

209917-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline snozberries

• Aww yiss!
« Reply #25955 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:46:46 »
Lady at my office heating up seafood at 8am while I'm drinking my coffee!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25956 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:57:34 »

Don't worry..  Mercury poisoning..  Soooooon

Many seafood contains runoff medical waste as well.. ask about it with your local civil engineer.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #25957 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:17:07 »

Don't worry..  Mercury poisoning..  Soooooon

Really depends on the fish in question. Large predatory fish like sharks and tuna contain much higher amounts of mercury than smaller or bottom dwelling fish--because their diets involve lots of smaller fish. Shark fin soup is a particularly nasty mercury offender, not just because of the amount of mercury due to predation, but because they dry the fins to preserve them, increasing the concentration of the stuff.

I wouldn't eat anything bigger than a dolphinfish (mahi mahi) or salmon, really.

Nuking seafood at 8 AM though, in a public area... yeah, some people have no respect. That smell gets flipping everywhere.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25958 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:18:07 »
As long as it is in the kitchen ...
I've had a co-worker who had taken seafood and aioli to his desk (beside mine) and left the smelly plate there for hours.
He was quite an obnoxious guy in general, so asking him nicely to take it away was pretty much pointless. Not a nice guy to have around.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 January 2019, 04:22:01 by Findecanor »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25959 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 16:02:22 »
the one day i'm available to try and get in on clack happens, it's ****ing topre.
I love Elzy

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25960 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 22:42:02 »
the one day i'm available to try and get in on clack happens, it's ****ing topre.
Technically, it should only bother you if you win that Topre...
At least you got in!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25961 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 23:25:22 »

that's why trading exists!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25962 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 04:20:48 »
Shark fin soup is a particularly nasty mercury offender, not just because of the amount of mercury due to predation, but because they dry the fins to preserve them, increasing the concentration of the stuff.
I've never tried it (I'm veggie) but I've heard that shark fin soup is mostly pointless anyway, as the fish itself does not contribute very much to the dish.
It is often made from endangered species of shark, so you shouldn't encourage more shark fishing by ordering it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25963 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 10:04:28 »
Shark fin soup is a particularly nasty mercury offender, not just because of the amount of mercury due to predation, but because they dry the fins to preserve them, increasing the concentration of the stuff.
I've never tried it (I'm veggie) but I've heard that shark fin soup is mostly pointless anyway, as the fish itself does not contribute very much to the dish.
It is often made from endangered species of shark, so you shouldn't encourage more shark fishing by ordering it.

As a kid I requested shark fin (fried) for my annual WTF is this food b-day meal. The shark fin sold at my local supermarket was so unremarkable I don't even remember the taste. Just meh.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #25964 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 13:21:20 »
As a kid I requested shark fin (fried) for my annual WTF is this food b-day meal. The shark fin sold at my local supermarket was so unremarkable I don't even remember the taste. Just meh.

Shark fin is all cartilage. It has no taste. Those who like it like it for the texture, which is pretty much "goop."

Oh trust me, I'm definitely against shark fin soup. Not only do they target lots of endangered species, they outright drive species into the endangered category. To top it off, the favored method of obtaining shark fins is to slice them off living sharks and dump the still-living sharks back in the ocean to either drown or starve to death. So wasteful, cruel, and non-environmentally friendly, with the added bonus of creating a dish that is ironically supposed to increase virility despite having a high risk of causing sterility instead.

T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25965 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 13:27:29 »

Shark fin is all cartilage. It has no taste. Those who like it like it for the texture, which is pretty much "goop."

Oh trust me, I'm definitely against shark fin soup. Not only do they target lots of endangered species, they outright drive species into the endangered category. To top it off, the favored method of obtaining shark fins is to slice them off living sharks and dump the still-living sharks back in the ocean to either drown or starve to death. So wasteful, cruel, and non-environmentally friendly, with the added bonus of creating a dish that is ironically supposed to increase virility despite having a high risk of causing sterility instead.

Hence why I can't even remember the flavor (probably bull shark anyway). I much preferred baby octopus fondue and (separate dish) dried calamari over shark fin. Though the canned garlic octopus I tried was downright terrible.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25966 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 13:29:07 »
I have to go meet my old roommate that owes me $3000 and I'm not looking forward to it right now.

Hoping enough alcohol will ease the tension...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25967 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 13:50:41 »
I have to go meet my old roommate that owes me $3000 and I'm not looking forward to it right now.

Man, that's the worst.  I still have family members try to ask me for money.  I just straight up say no.  I will never loan money to anyone again.  I've lost thousands.  Now, I'll GIVE money to people, but never loan.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25968 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 14:48:29 »

Man, that's the worst.  I still have family members try to ask me for money.  I just straight up say no.  I will never loan money to anyone again.  I've lost thousands.  Now, I'll GIVE money to people, but never loan.

Yea that is pretty bad. I've fallen on tough times and had friends that did the same but nothing beyond a bill.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #25969 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 16:23:24 »

Shiv to the kidney and run

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25970 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 20:16:16 »

I feel like owed money and alcohol could go one of two ways.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25971 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:41:01 »

It actually went really well, we compromised due to the situations and he gave me $1200, pretty happy with how it all worked out.

tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25972 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:44:37 »
It actually went really well, we compromised due to the situations and he gave me $1200, pretty happy with how it all worked out.

This guy is a hellava negotiator..  Took $1800 of your money, and made you feel like it all worked out..

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25973 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:46:57 »

This guy is a hellava negotiator..  Took $1800 of your money, and made you feel like it all worked out..

Show Image

Well part of the cost reduction was due to all of the **** I left behind when I moved out, he had to make like 30 dump runs to throw it all away.

Like I said, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

tp thread is tp thread

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25974 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 16:28:55 »
I have to poop so bad it's making my back hurt.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25975 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:37:44 »
I have to poop so bad it's making my back hurt.
The sacrifices you made for CH!

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25976 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:43:28 »

Lets set the scene for a massive plot twist....

Computer-Lab in Basement gets home after a hard nights drinking. He thinks to himself about how well his meeting went. Jumps on Geekhack to keep us updated, as all good GH'ers do.

Computer-Lab in Basement then goes to sleep, wakes up with a hangover and realizes hes been stiffed out of over half his money.

Computer-Lab in Basement then goes to the special cupboard, withdraws the "noisy cricket" and sets out to restore order to the universe.

Then End.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25977 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:50:34 »
Man I'm still hungover...

tp thread is tp thread

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25978 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:02:31 »

Lets set the scene for a massive plot twist....

Computer-Lab in Basement gets home after a hard nights drinking. He thinks to himself about how well his meeting went. Jumps on Geekhack to keep us updated, as all good GH'ers do.

Computer-Lab in Basement then goes to sleep, wakes up with a hangover and realizes hes been stiffed out of over half his money.

Computer-Lab in Basement then goes to the special cupboard, withdraws the "noisy cricket" and sets out to restore order to the universe.

Then End.

Piecing together his memory of last night.

He recalls a blurry image of a young woman with heavy makeup. The only attribute he knows for sure was the color of her lips, a purple gloss. He knew because there were faint patches of purple on his collar and halfway down his chest.  They must've became close..

Was she an ally or a diversion used by the swindler who halved his paycheck.

Finally focused, wearing a scowl over his intense face, he swung the door close behind him with the back of his rifle..

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25979 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:05:11 »
Did he receive real cash in hand or was it also his imagination? Or worse.. It’s actually Mexican pesos!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25980 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:08:16 »
Did he receive real cash in hand or was it also his imagination? Or worse.. It’s actually Mexican pesos!

<yes but could you put that in the form of a poorly written drug store novel>

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25981 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 18:38:33 »
CLiB woke up with a buzzing in his head. There's a constant throb, very much like a woodpecker nailing his beak onto a mahogany wood. Peck, peck, peck. He walked over to the bathroom and looked at himself. He looked bad.. what did he drink yesterday? There's also a nagging feeling of water sloshing around, a kind you hear in a beach. Did his "friend" spike his drink yesterday? Peck, peck, peck... man, his head hurt so bad, slosh, slosh, slows. He drowned a pill and closed his eyes. Suddenly, his eyes burst opened! He rushed to his wallet and look at the cash! Those pecking and sloshing come together and to his horror, they formed, not the sound of pecking and sloshing but the word - pe-sos! PESOS! In his wallet are a bunch of useless Mexican pesos.... He rushed to his bedside cabinet and draw out his .38. Somebody's gonna pay for this.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25982 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:26:05 »
CLiB woke up with a buzzing in his head. There's a constant throb, very much like a woodpecker nailing his beak onto a mahogany wood. Peck, peck, peck. He walked over to the bathroom and looked at himself. He looked bad.. what did he drink yesterday? There's also a nagging feeling of water sloshing around, a kind you hear in a beach. Did his "friend" spike his drink yesterday? Peck, peck, peck... man, his head hurt so bad, slosh, slosh, slows. He drowned a pill and closed his eyes. Suddenly, his eyes burst opened! He rushed to his wallet and look at the cash! Those pecking and sloshing come together and to his horror, they formed, not the sound of pecking and sloshing but the word - pe-sos! PESOS! In his wallet are a bunch of useless Mexican pesos.... He rushed to his bedside cabinet and draw out his .38. Somebody's gonna pay for this.

Computer-Lap in Basement hears as loud crashing sound in his front room. He spins the cylinder of his 38 and snaps it shut with a sharp masturbatory flick of his right wrist. He exists his bedroom cautiously 38 at the ready. He slowly enters the front room to see a strange girl with bright orange hair. She looks shocked... he just stands there with the persona of a stunned mullet. She gets up, looks him square in the eye and and whispers....

More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25983 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 19:59:56 »

Computer-Lap in Basement hears as loud crashing sound in his front room. He spins the cylinder of his 38 and snaps it shut with a sharp masturbatory flick of his right wrist. He exists his bedroom cautiously 38 at the ready. He slowly enters the front room to see a strange girl with bright orange hair. She looks shocked... he just stands there with the persona of a stunned mullet. She gets up, looks him square in the eye and and whispers....

More

"Go go Gadget my fingers are made of extruding sausages." as her fingers slowly morphed into crispy brown breakfast sausages, much to the shock of CliB. As her phalanges shriveled and turned a golden hue, they slowly but aggressively started extending further and further until the strange orange-haired girls sausages were wrapped snugly around CLiB's head with one growing directly into his mouth and creeping down his throat. He tossed the gun aside in confusion as he instinctively and uncontrollably started to eat the ever-extending sausage finger when suddenly he had a wild idea, one just crazy enough to work...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25984 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:22:17 »

More

"Go go Gadget my fingers are made of extruding sausages." as her fingers slowly morphed into crispy brown breakfast sausages, much to the shock of CliB. As her phalanges shriveled and turned a golden hue, they slowly but aggressively started extending further and further until the strange orange-haired girls sausages were wrapped snugly around CLiB's head with one growing directly into his mouth and creeping down his throat. He tossed the gun aside in confusion as he instinctively and uncontrollably started to eat the ever-extending sausage finger when suddenly he had a wild idea, one just crazy enough to work...

WTH, NT,  which drug store novels have you been reading ?? hahahaha

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25985 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:25:04 »
LUL, that really bothers me !

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25986 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:28:43 »
This has gotten a little weird...

tp thread is tp thread

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25987 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:48:15 »

OKOKOK... Let's reboot the adventure

First, Describe your ideal female companion..

The more honest you are, the better the adventure.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25988 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 20:50:44 »

This is your adventure, not ours. You have no one to blame but yourself. Also why are you eating what is essentially human sausage.

Offline Starius

« Reply #25989 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 21:34:08 »
I didn't know this existed until now.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25990 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 21:36:19 »

This is your adventure, not ours. You have no one to blame but yourself. Also why are you eating what is essentially human sausage.

Pigs in blankets ruined. Thanks frens

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25992 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 13:01:13 »
I didn't cook bacon this morning because lazy. :(

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25994 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 13:24:30 »

Dat.. Cholesterol ...  Hnnnng

All my bacon strips are belong to me. Make your time. For great justice.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #25995 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 14:19:54 »

I searched for a while for something easy to eat this morning because I didn't want to scramble eggs (it takes a bit longer if making good ones [butter, water, thoroughly whisked]). Ultimately, I just fried them instead since it's easier and there was nothing else to eat.

Bacon is only for special occasions because I always cook the whole package and it stinks up the house for days.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25996 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 15:33:00 »

I searched for a while for something easy to eat this morning because I didn't want to scramble eggs (it takes a bit longer if making good ones [butter, water, thoroughly whisked]). Ultimately, I just fried them instead since it's easier and there was nothing else to eat.

Bacon is only for special occasions because I always cook the whole package and it stinks up the house for days.

Cholesterol overwhelming.. !!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25997 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 16:00:04 »

If you get a deep fryer you could just plug me in and turn me on.

Then you would have bacon with no effort.

Offline Starius

« Reply #25998 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 16:07:59 »

If you want a real quick and easy method for eggs, check out this method that starts at the 57 second mark.

I've been using this method for a few years now and they turn out great. You don't have to worry about messing up a griddle or frying pan, and it's perfect for making a breakfast sandwich or something like that.  Several of my coworkers have been turned on to this method too.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25999 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 17:06:18 »

If you want a real quick and easy method for eggs, check out this method that starts at the 57 second mark.

I've been using this method for a few years now and they turn out great. You don't have to worry about messing up a griddle or frying pan, and it's perfect for making a breakfast sandwich or something like that.  Several of my coworkers have been turned on to this method too.