Author Topic: [Instock] HMX Jammy Linear Switch  (Read 16195 times)

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
[Instock] HMX Jammy Linear Switch
« on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 21:26:04 »
305340-0

Discord:https://discord.gg/xprJb8Ta26

I wish the Jammy switch brings good fortune to everyone in the year 2024!

Price
Price: 0.35 USD per switch

Switch Specifications

Switch type: Linear
Manufacturer: HMX
Stem material: POM
Top Housings: PA12
Bottom Housing: P4
Operating Force: 57±5g
Bottom-out Force:  63±5g
Pre-travel: 2.0mm
Total Travel: 3.7±0.3mm
Spring: 22mm Single-Stage KOS stainless steel extended spring
Factory Lubed: Yes! 3204 on leaf spring, stem feet, and bottom housing rails. Dry film lube on springs

305342-1

305344-2
305346-3
305348-4

HMX Jammy Linear Switch

The HMX Jammy linear switch probably has the heaviest spring among the current HMX options. A 63.5gf bottom out is still the sweet spot for most keyboard enthusiasts at the moment, and we believe it is necessary to design an HMX switch to fill that need.

Materials:

The most important aspect that we need to stress is the P4 bottom housing. P4 is a new nylon blend material designed by HMX. Unlike the other nylon blends which are simply nylon with fiberglass, the P4 material is a blend of nylon, PTFE, and sound-dampening substance. The purpose of creating such a blend material is to make the bottom-out sound dampened, marbly, and not as sharp and shrill. It would also improve the bottom-out feel and make it softer and more rounded. The difference is going to be very noticeable if you compare them to switches that have a P3 or P2 bottom housing.

The PA12 top housing is pretty common. There are two advantages to it; One of them is that PA12 nylon can be made to be transparent. For the aesthetics reason here, the designer decided to go with a transparent pink top housing, and PA12 is the best material option here besides PC. By the way, HMX added glitters to the top housing to make it more shiny.

The stem is made of POM which is a very common material in the switch market. The reason for choosing POM is it's the most tested material when it comes to making switch stems. It is very suitable for creating a switch that has a medium-pitched sound, and the greatness of HMX's POM stem molding has already been proven. When combined with the P4 bottom housing and the PA12 top housing, the result is that Jammy switches have a medium-pitched bottom-out sound and a slightly quieter top-out sound when compared to other HMX switches. The PA12 top housing and top-notch factory lube job guarantee that each keystroke is smooth.

Overall, I want to say the Jammy switches throw me back in time a little bit with their spring weight and material composition as it doesn't bring me the surprise I had when first trying HMX's LY, P3, P2, or T2 blend materials. The Jammies are more based, subtle, and classy sound and feel wise in my opinion. They are a great option for anyone who prefers heavier springs and a pleasant bottom-out sound.

Design:

The one thing Jammy has that is different from most mainstream switches these days is its spring. I just want to say heavy linear switches are not going to die out  :thumb:

Form of Sales

Time of Sales
January 8th at 7:00 PM ET, 2024. 

Vendor List

Global: Unikeys https://unikeyboards.com/

Reviews and Videos

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 January 2024, 00:05:55 by DashanYYY »

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [Instock] HMX Jammy Linear Switch
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 00:06:18 »
Jammy switches are now instock!

Offline cerement

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 January 2024, 22:19:26 »
I just want to say heavy linear switches are not going to die out

Does this mean we’re going to see some heavy (or even some medium-heavy) options from HMX?

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 January 2024, 11:16:46 »
I just want to say heavy linear switches are not going to die out

Does this mean we’re going to see some heavy (or even some medium-heavy) options from HMX?

Oh yes sir