Author Topic: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)  (Read 102553 times)

Offline Data

Re: [IC] PuLSE Keyset (MAJOR DESIGN CHANGE - PLEASE READ)
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:41:38 »
The problem is that SP can't make Shift on Row 4.

So people who order this keyset will forever be typing on flat alphas, just because a couple keys on the periphery aren't made in the correct profile?

Ask 7bit over at Deskthority how many orders he got for his Round 5 "Honeywell" SA set, that is done in 1-1-2-3-4-3 profiles, with row 3 Shifts.

Plus we already know from Melissa at SP that the Shift molds in row 4 profile are coming in just a couple of months. I just don't see how the Shift keys are making this a problem.

We won't wait a couple of months and I read the entire thread of Honeywell on DT last night. Aesthetically, a Row 4 row with 2 Row 3 keys look weird weird to me. It's like a ghetto SA. And I'm going for the look at this point because sincerely, "typing on a flat surface" or on slightly angled keycaps won't make much of a difference in the end.

Aesthetically based upon that side view drawing of profiles? Because that doesn't mean crap. It is the feels that matter.

Would you buy a car with real size mirrors in the place of side-mirrors? They would be great for driving.

Joking, I know what you're talking about. But the feels won't change as much as you believe they will by we going flat.

so, the person who has never even touched as SA key, is trying to tell people how little difference there is in the feeling of drastically different versions of them

this is what you are dealing with people

Were you this critical of previous GBs with uniform SA alphas?

Just curious.

sir i dont think you can read, i did a gb with the profile he is copying, he even uses my buy as reference material

at no point am i arguing about the profile used, but commenting on his lack of understanding, he is making statements that he cant possibly make

he is telling people, that it makes no difference in feeling between sculted and flat, when he has tried neither

So that's a no then.

Got it, thanks.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:43:42 »
I'm not replying to Bunny or others that aren't talking about the PuLSE Keyset IC.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:45:02 »
So has the decision for SA profile been made?

Because the OP still has this option:

3) We change the profile to DCS but keep the Cherry Legends. We would have something similar to the Midnight Keyset when it comes to prices.

Just for the record. I'll pass on a SA set (because I don't like typing on SA), but will happily join a second Round in DCS :)

Glad to see you back, but after a lot of thinking I figured out that this design on DCS would be a waste.

Offline Data

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:45:21 »
I'm not replying to Bunny or others that aren't talking about the PuLSE Keyset IC.

Sorry to crap on your thread dude.

I like what you're doing so far.

Edit:
PuLSE Budget below.

BASE SET
Show Image

BASE SET W/ NOVELTIES
Show Image

NOVELTIES
Show Image

TSANGAN
Show Image

NUMPACK
Show Image

ERGO
Show Image

PROFILE SETUP
Show Image

Hope you like it. This is what they can produce (and it's affordable) until our GB launches.

This is not sufficiently different from the original Cherry legends that I wouldn't buy it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:47:58 by Data »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:45:58 »
Good luck with your group buy!

I'm out altogether from this point.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #305 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:46:59 »
Thanks.

EDIT: But no, thanks.

Why don't you take a deep breath and step off your high horse. Then start using some class when you get free advice from respected figures in the community you keep saying you are doing everything for.

We won't wait a couple of months and I read the entire thread of Honeywell on DT last night. Aesthetically, a Row 4 row with 2 Row 3 keys look weird weird to me. It's like a ghetto SA. And I'm going for the look at this point because sincerely, "typing on a flat surface" or on slightly angled keycaps won't make much of a difference in the end.

Who exactly is the 'we' you speak of? This community? They are pretty much the Kings and Queens of waiting an extra couple of months to get the right custom made parts for their hobby.

What what it is worth I like the colours. But, I think you need to get a re-count on the interest once you finalise the design (again).

We = the ones who want to buy the Keyset on Sep 8th. I won't step off my high horse because I won't buy every single SA keyset in the world just to try it in order to start my own GB ass the dood suggested. 

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:49:16 »

Sorry to crap on your thread dude.

I like what you're doing so far.

Don't worry, Ctrl.Alt dood believes he own copyrights over profile setups. I'm copying his stuff, of course.

It ain't my fault if he likes the color scheme and want to save it for a creation of his own in the near future.

PuLSE keyset will happen.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, I'm glad you like it. I tried to keep the keyset main concept after changing the legends.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:50:49 by MiTo »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:49:56 »
"Just shut the **** up and don't you ever talk about me and my understanding about stuff, on a thread whose purpose is to discuss technical specs."

this is the person you are all dealing with, a quote from mito himself
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline divito

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:50:52 »

Same.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:51:53 »
Guys, no need to air dirty laundry. Seriously, if the keyset meets the interests of sufficient people, then let it run. If it doesn't, chalk it up as a lesson. No need to launch unfounded accusations or to put private messages into public...
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:55:09 »
I'm requesting the assistance of a Moderator right here for obvious reasons.

Bunny, you can't bring me down by showing people this message. That's the PM I sent you after you you told me.

"dont make me laugh about time, you picked a couple colours and pictures, sp do all the work, run a proper group buy and then talk to me about the time commitment"

I didn't PICK pictures or colors, I designed them. With extreme caution. Again, shut up and quit my thread because you're not helping me or the ones who like the design.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:56:23 »
Guys, no need to air dirty laundry. Seriously, if the keyset meets the interests of sufficient people, then let it run. If it doesn't, chalk it up as a lesson. No need to launch unfounded accusations or to put private messages into public...

i ordinarily completely agree with your stance, however when someone like this comes in to the community, talking about we and us etc, but is sending me threatening messages for trying to offer constructive advice, i feel it is appropriate

i wasnt being rude to him, i was in fact trying to be very helpful, he was engaged in an argument/discourse with someone, trying to argue a point to which he had no understanding of, i simply suggested that he try an SA set, so he can see exactly what it is he does or doesnt like, so he can make a decision accordingly, that way, his gb had a better chance of success

he on the other hand, starting being very patronising and condescending to me, and sending me several threatening pms

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:56:37 »

^^ this

"Just shut the **** up and don't you ever talk about me and my understanding about stuff, on a thread whose purpose is to discuss technical specs."

wow...why do people get so butthurt when others try to help

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:56:56 »
I'm requesting the assistance of a Moderator right here for obvious reasons.

Bunny, you can't bring me down by showing people this message. That's the PM I sent you after you you told me.

"dont make me laugh about time, you picked a couple colours and pictures, sp do all the work, run a proper group buy and then talk to me about the time commitment"

I didn't PICK pictures or colors, I designed them. With extreme caution. Again, shut up and quit my thread because you're not helping me or the ones who like the design.

ok i woont pick and choose

here is the full convo

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:59:48 »

So just curious what exactly did you 'design'? I mean in all seriousness didn't you just pick two colors and then use information from everyone else to try and put something together that would sell?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:00:24 »

^^ this

wow...why do people get so butthurt when others try to help

He wasn't trying to help. Below is what he said:

That's why I said shut the XXX.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #316 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:00:54 »

So just curious what exactly did you 'design'? I mean in all seriousness didn't you just pick two colors and then use information from everyone else to try and put something together that would sell?

Every single icon you can see on the novelties are mine.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:04:05 »

i ordinarily completely agree with your stance, however when someone like this comes in to the community, talking about we and us etc, but is sending me threatening messages for trying to offer constructive advice, i feel it is appropriate

i wasnt being rude to him, i was in fact trying to be very helpful, he was engaged in an argument/discourse with someone, trying to argue a point to which he had no understanding of, i simply suggested that he try an SA set, so he can see exactly what it is he does or doesnt like, so he can make a decision accordingly, that way, his gb had a better chance of success

he on the other hand, starting being very patronising and condescending to me, and sending me several threatening pms

I understand that it is if he is patronizing and condescending and also threatening to you that you may want to have the community be aware, but I would think that bringing a moderator into the fray would have been better than making this blow up in the thread. I feel like Mito just got overwhelmed by the input of everyone into what he thinks is best, and is reacting as such. It may have been best to have asked for a moderator to step in when receiving those messages so that it didn't get this far...

Mito, please understand that I really like what you did with your design and I hope that it comes to fruition regardless of profile type. There is no reason to fight with someone else, and you calling for a moderator is the correct process. A moderator should have been brought in before the whole conflict escalated in PMs. I would be very very sad if this design was defeated specifically because of something that could have been kept private.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:05:16 »

I understand that it is if he is patronizing and condescending and also threatening to you that you may want to have the community be aware, but I would think that bringing a moderator into the fray would have been better than making this blow up in the thread. I feel like Mito just got overwhelmed by the input of everyone into what he thinks is best, and is reacting as such. It may have been best to have asked for a moderator to step in when receiving those messages so that it didn't get this far...

Mito, please understand that I really like what you did with your design and I hope that it comes to fruition regardless of profile type. There is no reason to fight with someone else, and you calling for a moderator is the correct process. A moderator should have been brought in before the whole conflict escalated in PMs. I would be very very sad if this design was defeated specifically because of something that could have been kept private.

i did speak to a moderator, and it wouldnt be polite to repeat what they though about the messages

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:05:39 »
The thread became a complete mess once again. But the details are pretty much decided at this point.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop'em here. And if you want to discuss something that's not the PuLSE keyset, PM whoever you wanna talk to.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:08:19 »
I've gotta say, completely regardless of the keyset, this thread sure is interesting!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:09:05 »

I promess you that the keyset will happen and BunnyLake is trying to destroy the project since day one, when he found out that I was new on the scene and lacked some techinical knowledge. He then, is trying to push people away from the GB by showing them how much of a noob I am. Won't work though.

EDIT: PLEASE, I BEG YOU. LET'S TALK ABOUT THE KEYSET ONLY.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:11:27 »
Gotta do some personal stuff, I will be back in a few hours. Please, don't destroy the thread with flaming it would be terrible to stop talking about the relevant aspects of the keyset.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:12:46 »
ok

so here are my feelings, im not sure why mito decided to start attacking me in this thread, i was genuinely trying to help and be constructive, i wont offer any more advice and or criticism, i completely agree it is poor form to post pms, but i didnt take kindly to what was said, nor did i find it appropriate, you may see in some of my posts a negative tone, but each part of the conversation i started in this thread was positive and said so in a manner that reflected that, i only felt i became derogatory or negative in response to some of the replies i had back, either through not  bothering to read and understand my point, or out naivety.  i sincerely apologise for any offence and disruption caused to anybody who is genuinely interested in this set, its a good colour way and i was only trying to make sure that it was done justice, and didnt suffer any pitfulls common in first time gbs

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:16:31 »
I'm with you on that  :thumb: The keyset is important.
Picking 2 colors is what every ABS keyset designer does, so let's not start this argument again.

For the rest of the OT stuff I have no comment, I expected most of that.
Love what MiTo is doing  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:27:02 »
PLEASE, I BEG YOU. LET'S TALK ABOUT THE KEYSET ONLY.

If you're so set on the profiles and design, why did you bother making the discussion thread instead of just putting the GB up on PMK. I'd really like to see this buy in 1-1-2-3-4-3 with the row 3 shifts as jdcarpe mentioned. Or wait until row 4 shifts come out. But since you obviously don't want to have a discussion about it, I don't see what the point is. I'm confused as to what exactly can I discuss now.

I was away for a week and I saw this buy today. Colors are awesome but I'm not so thrilled about your decision making. Can't hurt to do a bit of research and look into it. I care far more about the feel of the caps than the look. If you're not sure about the profile, maybe you can try it out and let us know what you think instead of just posting your arbitrary opinion of "it looking like a ghetto SA". Shiny Cherry caps may look bad but they feel great to me. It's not for everyone though. And that's where the discussion on materials comes in. It's a real turn off when there's a discussion on the profiles and your dismissal is so cavalier.

I'm really disappointed with how this thread has turned out. Especially with the bickering and more so with the decision making process.

Offline Emmiya

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:33:36 »
So, now that the handbags have been put away, and hopefully we've stopped personally attacking each other, can we ****ing discuss the keyset?

If my understanding is correct:(for base sets alone for simplicity)
25-49 MoQ = $224
50-74 MoQ = $138
75-99 MoQ = ---- etc...

I would personally be happy to drop the cherry legends, in fact, i'd go as far as saying i'd prefer it.

As for switching to DCS, I'd like to avoid that, but if it;s what's required to get the group-buy going, then I'd be ok with it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:35:13 »
I would personally be happy to drop the cherry legends, in fact, i'd go as far as saying i'd prefer it.

I also think that this is the proper thing to do to get the costs down.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:38:22 »

Well, OP said earlier that the standard legends are close enough and he will use them.

I don't even know what's left to discuss as apparently everything is already decided :D

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:39:17 »
Alright, stay on topic. The organizer has his mind set on what he wants, and it's obvious that it's not changing. He is allowed to make his own decisions, and he's had more than enough input from the outside to base his decision on. Any further suggestions or discussion need to be taken to PM.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:39:39 »
edit: late to the party

Still really like these colors!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:41:24 »
Move it to a GB and we'll see if it lives or dies.

Best of luck.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SL89

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:41:48 »

But isn't that what makes this kind of stand out? Maybe this design needs to just be paused for the time being, to build up more awareness, let people get thru the recent barrage of Group Buys and then do it right the first time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:01:19 »

Best of luck.

Oh there is one already http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61997.0  ^-^

Offline Data

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:02:20 »
So, now that the handbags have been put away, and hopefully we've stopped personally attacking each other, can we ****ing discuss the keyset?

25-49 MoQ = $224
50-74 MoQ = $138
75-99 MoQ = ---- etc...

As for switching to DCS, I'd like to avoid that, but if it;s what's required to get the group-buy going, then I'd be ok with it.

Looks like SA profile (any combination) with Cherry legends won't happen due to cost issues.  Latest update (back a page or two) included designs with the SP standard font.  It looks pretty good.

So we're still with SA profile, and it's looking like it will be a 1-2-3-3-3-4 row layout.  I'm sure MiTo wouldn't mind entertaining an X-1-2-3-4-3 layout (I'd like to try it personally) but asking him to wait an unknown number of months for SP to maybe, possibly get their molds updated is a bit much.  There will one day be an SA-profile set from SP with an X-1-2-3-4-3 row layout, maybe even with Cherry legends(!), but PuLSE is not it.

Edit: Question --  This is your Ergo kit:

Any chance you could add some Row 3 1u blanks to this?  Either color.  Maybe 4-6 of them would be perfect.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:10:56 by Data »

Offline pasph

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:12:42 »

+1
Calling R5 "weird weird" is really too much.
What i've seen lately is a rising tide of **** that grows and grows and it really worries me.
Speaking of your set the colors choice are nice, regarding the novelties our taste is very different indeed.
All in all i think you've lost a great opportunity.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:45:36 »
I think just adding 1u blanks to it's own buy would be best. Currently I think nuclear has a flat rate of $0.25 ea.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:47:52 by ccc24 »

Offline Data

« Reply #337 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:59:40 »
I think just adding 1u blanks to it's own buy would be best. Currently I think nuclear has a flat rate of $0.25 ea.

That would be totally OK with me.  As long as they're part of the GB somewhere.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 13:47:30 »
I'm back. Will answer most of what was said here.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:05:41 »
PLEASE, I BEG YOU. LET'S TALK ABOUT THE KEYSET ONLY.

If you're so set on the profiles and design, why did you bother making the discussion thread instead of just putting the GB up on PMK. I'd really like to see this buy in 1-1-2-3-4-3 with the row 3 shifts as jdcarpe mentioned. Or wait until row 4 shifts come out. But since you obviously don't want to have a discussion about it, I don't see what the point is. I'm confused as to what exactly can I discuss now.

I was away for a week and I saw this buy today. Colors are awesome but I'm not so thrilled about your decision making. Can't hurt to do a bit of research and look into it. I care far more about the feel of the caps than the look. If you're not sure about the profile, maybe you can try it out and let us know what you think instead of just posting your arbitrary opinion of "it looking like a ghetto SA". Shiny Cherry caps may look bad but they feel great to me. It's not for everyone though. And that's where the discussion on materials comes in. It's a real turn off when there's a discussion on the profiles and your dismissal is so cavalier.

I'm really disappointed with how this thread has turned out. Especially with the bickering and more so with the decision making process.

First Captain, I did bother making this discussion thread instead of launching a GB for an insane amount of reasons. Which I will list below.

Initially the PuLSE keyset was created to be applied on DCS keycaps. So, I came here to ask which kits people wanted, which keycaps, which colors, icons, legends. Some people mentioned Cherry Legends and we tried that out and also, that it would be great on SA Profile and that's why I considered it. By that time, I wasn't aware that I could select SA Profiles for each row with SP. This is not clear on their website and I thought that every single SA keyset produced by them featured a standard 1-2-3-3-3-3-4 or something like that. By that time, Bunny and others showed up here throwing stuff at me because I was lacking key details regarding a SA groupbuy and by that point, things escalated to what you saw today.

They claim they were trying to help, but they did it on the worst possible way, by criticizing my personna and by saying that I should reconsider everything, quit, buy SA keysets to try them out (oh ok, let me just pay $500 for a few keysets in order to start a GB, who the hell does that, probably someone but not me, seriously). That wasn't needed. Instead of doing this, why they didn't talk to me in a decent way?

Like:

"Hey  MiTo, maybe you're not aware, but SA Profile setups can be done in whatever the way you want to. And you know what, 1-2-3-3-3-4 is good but a lot of people dislike it. Let me tell you the options we've got."

Also, instead of talking to me properly regarding the hashbaz stuff (Cherry Legends ownership) they again did it on the worst possible manner. But I won't talk about that because it's in the past.

If you're talking about research on Profiles, here's my opinion. This keyset is meant to be a good fit to everybody. Typists, gamers, enthusiasts, collectors. Everyone. And I think that the balance between the setups and these people general tastes, is a good 1-2-3-3-3-4. This is what SP will be able to produce on September 8th, it would look great and feel good do use (I simply believe it will, if it's not good, why other keysets with this profile were a success?).

Regarding the ghetto setup, I will try to be as clear as I can.

In my understanding, every single keycap on a row gotta be on the same profile because that's what they're meant to be. You don't mix it. I understand that Honeywell, 7bit, or whatever did mix them and it was looking and feeling good at the end, but I can't see why we would do that here. Row 3 and 4 from the pictures I've seen (and I spent the entire night last night looking at them) are not THAT different when it comes to FEEL. I simply believe that making a row 4 shift row with row 3 shift keys is kind of a improvisation. And I don't want to make improvisation or so-so things with PuLSE. I want something classy, solid, remarkable.

Please, let me know if I missed something.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:10:12 »

25-49 MoQ = $224
50-74 MoQ = $138
75-99 MoQ = ---- etc...

Hello Emmiya I'm glad you brought some opinions to the discussion. You are right about those prices and they are the reason why we discarded the Cherry Legends option. It would be way too expensive. We want to keep the SA profile but with different legends, and that you can see right here. Let me know what you think. http://imgur.com/a/OgbuD

Peace.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #341 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:11:00 »

Yes, Melissa answered with the new prices and I believe you guys will agree they are good for us to go with them. I'll update OP soon.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #342 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:12:24 »
Alright, stay on topic. The organizer has his mind set on what he wants, and it's obvious that it's not changing. He is allowed to make his own decisions, and he's had more than enough input from the outside to base his decision on. Any further suggestions or discussion need to be taken to PM.

The only thing I want is a good looking set. This is not a dictatorship. It's a GroupBuy. And everything can change, if it's a common consensus with decent points.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:13:16 »

Best of luck.

Oh there is one already http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61997.0  ^-^

Why would I do that if we're not ready? I tried and failed, that's why we're here again.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #344 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:14:44 »
First Captain, I did bother making this discussion thread instead of launching a GB for an insane amount of reasons. Which I will list below.

Initially the PuLSE keyset was created to be applied on DCS keycaps. So, I came here to ask which kits people wanted, which keycaps, which colors, icons, legends. Some people mentioned Cherry Legends and we tried that out and also, that it would be great on SA Profile and that's why I considered it. By that time, I wasn't aware that I could select SA Profiles for each row with SP. This is not clear on their website and I thought that every single SA keyset produced by them featured a standard 1-2-3-3-3-3-4 or something like that.

So are we still discussing profiles or are you set on SA? Just because another buy did it doesn't mean you have to. And are you attached to the September date for a particular reason?

By that time, Bunny and others showed up here throwing stuff at me because I was lacking key details regarding a SA groupbuy and by that point, things escalated to what you saw today.

They claim they were trying to help, but they did it on the worst possible way, by criticizing my personna and by saying that I should reconsider everything, quit, buy SA keysets to try them out (oh ok, let me just pay $500 for a few keysets in order to start a GB, who the hell does that, probably someone but not me, seriously). That wasn't needed. Instead of doing this, why they didn't talk to me in a decent way?

Like:

"Hey  MiTo, maybe you're not aware, but SA Profile setups can be done in whatever the way you want to. And you know what, 1-2-3-3-3-4 is good but a lot of people dislike it. Let me tell you the options we've got."

Also, instead of talking to me properly regarding the hashbaz stuff (Cherry Legends ownership) they again did it on the worst possible manner. But I won't talk about that because it's in the past.

If you're talking about research on Profiles, here's my opinion. This keyset is meant to be a good fit to everybody. Typists, gamers, enthusiasts, collectors. Everyone. And I think that the balance between the setups and these people general tastes, is a good 1-2-3-3-3-4. This is what SP will be able to produce on September 8th, it would look great and feel good do use (I simply believe it will, if it's not good, why other keysets with this profile were a success?).

I really don't care about your drama and how you chose deal with it. I don't think you dealt with it that well and frankly, you could have left it to PMs if you didn't want to deal with it.

Regarding the ghetto setup, I will try to be as clear as I can.

In my understanding, every single keycap on a row gotta be on the same profile because that's what they're meant to be. You don't mix it. I understand that Honeywell, 7bit, or whatever did mix them and it was looking and feeling good at the end, but I can't see why we would do that here. Row 3 and 4 from the pictures I've seen (and I spent the entire night last night looking at them) are not THAT different when it comes to FEEL. I simply believe that making a row 4 shift row with row 3 shift keys is kind of a improvisation. And I don't want to make improvisation or so-so things with PuLSE. I want something classy, solid, remarkable.

Please, let me know if I missed something.

*Looking* at keycaps and typing on them are two different things. Have you ever typed on a set of SA? What were your thoughts about it? Did you prefer the 1-1-2-3-4-3 to the 1-2-3-3-3-4 layout? Or do you like DCS? I really can't figure out what you're into other than a sudden post saying it's SA and this layout. And since this is your project and buy, it would be nice to see what you'd like in keycaps other than the looks.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #345 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:15:50 »

+1
What i've seen lately is a rising tide of **** that grows and grows and it really worries me.
Speaking of your set the colors choice are nice, regarding the novelties our taste is very different indeed.

I think it's weird, feel free to think otherwise. If you don't like the novelties you don't need to buy them or even support them. And I didn't lose any opportunities as far as I'm concerned. Mostly because this is an IC.

On the other hand, I appreciate your inputs and I'd like to ask if you've got any ideas to share regarding the keyset.

Offline SL89

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:18:34 »

You specifically mentioned you wanted all Row 3 for gaming purposes. If you want to do something classy, solid, and remarkable, then take some time off from this, wait til Row 4 Shifts are available and do them with the full sculpted profile.

Take the time to figure out your legend rights issues with hashbaz or whoever, and take the time to just sort out everything and address everyone's concerns as best you can, thank you for getting the ball rolling. I want this set to take off and be successful, but price wise its just a huge buy in at this moment and i am concerned about the legend rights and IP aspects.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:18:50 »

That would be totally OK with me.  As long as they're part of the GB somewhere.

Data, I agree with everything you said, thank you very much for your support. Maybe if we go with a particulat setup in PuLSE and people end up hating it, we can try different stuff on my Airborne Keyset which I didn't release yet.

Could you please specify again what you want on the Ergopack so I can add it?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #348 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:20:38 »

+1

I think it's weird, feel free to think otherwise. If you don't like the novelties you don't need to buy them or even support them. And I didn't lose any opportunities as far as I'm concerned. Mostly because this is an IC.

On the other hand, I appreciate your inputs and I'd like to ask if you've got any ideas to share regarding the keyset.

R5 is definitely weird, I mean come on, who has a group buy that sells over 100,000 keycaps....am I right? :facepalm:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:21:30 »

You specifically mentioned you wanted all Row 3 for gaming purposes. If you want to do something classy, solid, and remarkable, then take some time off from this, wait til Row 4 Shifts are available and do them with the full sculpted profile.

Take the time to figure out your legend rights issues with hashbaz or whoever, and take the time to just sort out everything and address everyone's concerns as best you can, thank you for getting the ball rolling. I want this set to take off and be successful, but price wise its just a huge buy in at this moment and i am concerned about the legend rights and IP aspects.

There are no rights involved because Cherry Legends are out of the game. We're going with SP Standard. You can see them on the Nuclear Set modifiers and on Skull Squadron alphas. This set will be succesfull and I've got an update regarding prices. I'll update OP soon.

Thank you for your time and attention.