Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 285508 times)

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 22:02:35 »
I dunno if ripster is fascinated with them or not.

And "ah, I see" to the latter part of your post

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 00:51:04 »
Quote from: phillip;296500
I dunno if ripster is fascinated with them or not.

And "ah, I see" to the latter part of your post

This is what I'm referring to. It's actually pretty slick, I'd steal the idea if my desk wasn't too thick.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline hfcobra

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 01:17:32 »
Quote from: .XL;296568
This is what I'm referring to. It's actually pretty slick, I'd steal the idea if my desk wasn't too thick.

I started doing that ever since he posted that pic.  Freaking awesome idea!

BTW: first thread i have made that made it over 100 posts!  WOOT!
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 08:08:14 »
Oh.  Something along those lines, but not the same.  My desk is too thick, so I have something clipped to my monitor stand.

Offline Atranox

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 08:09:51 »
Quote from: aynjell;295546
My requirements are probably easy to prioritize.

1) Video Card: I'd say first and foremost for gaming, a video card. If you can't run the game, there's nothing doing.

2) Mouse: If your mouse isn't capable of moving as quickly as you can, it's your next bottleneck, and for most competitive gaming, a mouse is required and is one of your most important tools to play the game.

3) Mouse Pad: If you could benefit from a mouse, you can benefit from a pad. It changes and further allows you to tweak the feel of your favorite mouse.

4)Headphones: Despite having a headphone fetish, headphones come dead last because most often users cannot benefit from them. They don't hear things correctly or listen correctly. This is so often the case that there's actually a market for "gaming headsets", which often times are just garbage with a mic... and people are so bad at listening they actually think these devices are good.

Some of you may notice that the keyboard isn't on the list. It doesn't fit in anywhere unless you have a keyboard that has issues with the cluster of keys you use. Other than that, it's just a feel thing.

Definitely can agree with this list - though any performance components can be put at #1.  This includes video card, CPU, and amount of RAM.  If you can't run games well, then you're certainly in some trouble.  You can have a great GPU...but if you're stuck with a Pentium and 2GB of DDR2 RAM, most of your video card is going completely unused.

I also feel that a good mouse pad is overrated - though it's a personal preference.  I have tons of mouse pads, and honestly the difference between a $40 pad and a $5 pad from Walmart is quite minimal in some cases, depending on your mouse & sensor.

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 09:01:35 »
When it comes to mousepads, not a single one of those generic $5 ones are big enough so the size difference alone is a big deal for me.

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 10:07:55 »
Quote from: phillip;296688
When it comes to mousepads, not a single one of those generic $5 ones are big enough so the size difference alone is a big deal for me.

I've tried playing games with the $5 ones (money in pocket > pretty mousepad) but I've found they just don't hold up well at all, and suck for actual games. I had gone through 5 or 6 mousepads over a few months looking for one I liked, when I finally settled on a decent belkin with wrist wrest that was juuuuuust the size I could use (almost too small). It was fine for a few months...and then started fraying everywhere. Not good. The wrist pad also split in the middle, exposing the gel. Not very well built really.

Gaming mouse pads are larger, much better made, and are better able to withstand the pressure and friction exerted on them when playing games, especially over long hours.

You actually save money buying a good mousepad. If you get a year out of it, and you play about 2 hours a day, you've saved yourself buying 5 or 6 cheap mousepads over the year.

However, I'll agree with you for wrist wrests...there's no reason to spend more than $10 on one of those.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Surly73

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 11:45:08 »
For decades I used cloth covered neoprene.  When I got a little more serious with gaming I wanted to simply get a larger one of the same thing.  Then I started looking at hard mouse pads....

Just for kicks I nabbed a double sided "Rocketfish" (OE relabelled) pad which had a "speed" and "control" side bonded to an aluminum plate.  This particular pad was a travesty but it gave me an introduction to rigid pads with less friction.  The rocketfish pad had rubber feet at the edges of the mousing surface which started to peel and get in the way.  The aluminum core also had enough flex that it interfered with the surface staying flat when I rested my hand on it.

I returned the Rocketfish and talked the sales guy down on an "open box" Razer Destructor.  Rediculously expensive, but I got it for almost half price, which just made it "expensive" instead.  I loved this pad.  Fast, smooth, large, fairly low friction, no feet, flat against your desk surface.  The problem was that after about 9 months of "average guy" wear (not all gaming, not hardcore, I have a job and kids and I'm not at my home PC all day) I found that the friction was changing across the surface due to wear.  Where the pad texture was starting to get smooth the mouse would drag more.  Great surface (for me) but low durability.

During this time I tried an Icemat I-2 I got a good deal on.  I have a problem with the may most sites, stores and manufacturers describe mouse pad properties.  They'll call a pad "flat" with "good glide" and "smooth".  Is the pad smooth?  Or is it low friction?  There were lots of good words about the glass Icemat so I thought I'd give it a try.  This was indeed nice and smooth, and was very easy to make very small precise movements with (i.e. CAD, design, Photoshop) but I didn't enjoy it for regular use.  There was too much friction and the mouse feet made a dragging noise that you could hear all over the main floor of the house when I moused around.  It would resonate in the area under the pad enclosed by the feet and get amplified.  A quality product but not for me.

I ended up with a Ratpadz XT.  Dirt cheap, rigid, thick, strong, and rough texture but low friction.  The rough texture was key for me in retaining some kind of feedback about how you were moving the mouse.  You can feel the texture of the pad creating vibrations in the mouse but the material is low friction with most mouse feet so there isn't a lot of drag created while providing the feedback.  This is completely opposite to the glass Icemat, where the frosted glass is smooth but has a fair bit of drag.  

Going back to cloth coated neoprene feels like moving my mouse through mud now.  At one point I was considering pads like the Steelseries Qck I think - large and simple cloth pads.  I was also curious about the Steelseries anodized aluminum one but it was kind of pricey and I didn't want another Icemat fiasco.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 February 2011, 12:58:03 by Surly73 »

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 14:40:19 »
Just got the Artisan Kai g3 Hien (Value Edition) pad today. Definitely higher quality than my Goliathus, I like it. It's the soft one, but it's a bit harder than the Goliathus. Build quality is better, as well as the mousing speed. I like the feel of it. I think I'll spring for the Artisan Kai g3 Hien Hard in a few weeks and pass this to a friend. Definitely a good mat, it's worth the $17.  

I got the Naos 3200 as well, and I must say I'm a bit surprised. My old razer slides much easier than the Naos, though I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that the Razer's sliders are more worn than the brand new Naos. We'll have to see.

With this in mind, the Goliathus and Artisan Kai seem almost the same when using the Naos. The Razer just fliiiies without anyeffort. I suspect once the Naos gets broken in it'll feel the same.

Offline manfaux

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 07:51:54 »
im thinking of buying a Razer Ironclad...who's got one?

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 11:50:57 »
Quote from: manfaux;297165
im thinking of buying a Razer Ironclad...who's got one?

My brother ordered a razor scarab, it should be coming today or tomorrow so I'll let you know. He did some research and found the scarab is the best one of the razor hardmats

Offline manfaux

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 13:09:42 »
Quote from: .XL;297271
My brother ordered a razor scarab, it should be coming today or tomorrow so I'll let you know. He did some research and found the scarab is the best one of the razor hardmats

the scarab is $35.. why not just get a 4HD for $20?

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 15:09:06 »
Quote from: manfaux;297308
the scarab is $35.. why not just get a 4HD for $20?

Why get any razer product (other than deathadder/imperator)? They're either overpriced, not as good, or A rebrand that costs more. My brother likes razer (he doesn't want to buy stuff from other companies unless he has no other option), so he sticks with them no matter what. I'm slowly trying to offload what's left of my razer products and try out new brands, but he maintAins razer is the bet. And they are...at marketing.

And thAt, my friend, is why my brother is buying a $39.99 mousepad when he could get arguAbly the best hardhat (mionix props, I think it's called) for $25. Then again, he also makes so much money. He's a hustler...he trades stuff he has for better stuff, then sells the better stuff for more money than it's worth :p

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 19:48:27 »
Quote from: .XL;297366
Why get any razer product (other than deathadder/imperator)? They're either overpriced, not as good, or A rebrand that costs more. My brother likes razer (he doesn't want to buy stuff from other companies unless he has no other option), so he sticks with them no matter what. I'm slowly trying to offload what's left of my razer products and try out new brands, but he maintAins razer is the bet. And they are...at marketing.

And thAt, my friend, is why my brother is buying a $39.99 mousepad when he could get arguAbly the best hardhat (mionix props, I think it's called) for $25. Then again, he also makes so much money. He's a hustler...he trades stuff he has for better stuff, then sells the better stuff for more money than it's worth :p

Some of their gear is in fact the best. The Lachesis is the best I've ever used for quake.

It's terrible for desktop use.

The best mouse between the two was the logitech G5. I just wish there was a proper successor.
Das Keyboard Professional -mx blue- @ Work
Das Keyboard S Ultimate Silent -mx brown- @ Home

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline fingers of death

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 20:07:52 »
Quote from: aynjell;297535

The best mouse between the two was the logitech G5. I just wish there was a proper successor.

I thought the g500 was the 'proper' successor. It's the least crapped upon mouse that I've come across and mostly rated in the high 9's when it's not a 10.
Seest thou the little winged fly, smaller than a grain of sand?
It has a heart like thee, a brain open to heaven and hell,
Withinside wondrous and expansive; its gates are not closed;
I hope thine are not.

Offline JelinaNU

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 20:17:52 »
Gaming mousepads are a polarizing issue -- as we've seen in this thread, surely. I hadn't actually used a mousepad since high school, thinking them almost all marketing hype. When I recently discovered Ratpadz's guarantee, though, I ponied up for their XT model. I'm satisfied on all counts: 1.) it's a hard pad; 2.) it's fast; 3.) it's simple; and 4.) it's unbranded. My control just feels better, and I am a creature who values feel above most things. Instinctual by nature perhaps. Whatever the case, if you're curious about gaming mousepads and whether or not they're worth the cost, I recommend looking at the Ratpadz XT; if you don't like it, they'll buy it back (incl. shipping). Risk-free FTW.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 February 2011, 21:27:22 by JelinaNU »
"On important topics it is better to be a good deal prolix than even a very little obscure." -EAP

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 20:36:56 »
Just played around with my brother's Razer Scarab...it's pretty awesome. Very slick, looks strong, and comes with it's own carrying case.

But I have to say...I'm quite impressed by the Artisan Hien, next mouse pad I get is going to be an Artisan Kai g3 Hien Hard mat!

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 21:21:38 »
an old wooden table is the best mousepad
I <3 BS

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 21:52:36 »
Quote from: kill will;297573
an old wooden table is the best mousepad

Until you try to play a game you need to have reliable tracking for haha

Offline manfaux

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 22:29:58 »
Quote from: .XL;297554
Just played around with my brother's Razer Scarab...it's pretty awesome. Very slick, looks strong, and comes with it's own carrying case.

But I have to say...I'm quite impressed by the Artisan Hien, next mouse pad I get is going to be an Artisan Kai g3 Hien Hard mat!

I wish they can make a smaller version and cut the price in half. something like the 4HD's size would be perfect.

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 22:36:15 »
Quote from: manfaux;297583
I wish they can make a smaller version and cut the price in half. something like the 4HD's size would be perfect.

For which type of mousepad?

If you want a great hard mousepad, get that mionix propus or w/e it's called. Supposedly best hard mousepad on the market. The artisan kai g3 hien has a value edition that costs $17 (that's the one I got), it's quite good.

Offline manfaux

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 14:23:28 »
Quote from: .XL;297584
For which type of mousepad?

If you want a great hard mousepad, get that mionix propus or w/e it's called. Supposedly best hard mousepad on the market. The artisan kai g3 hien has a value edition that costs $17 (that's the one I got), it's quite good.

a mini-Scarab is what I want.

2/3 of its size, throw out the carrying case nonsense, and voila! perfect!

Offline HaiiYaa

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 10:20:35 »
Quote from: manfaux;297839

It exist... its called steelseries 4hd

Offline manfaux

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 10:52:36 »
Quote from: HaiiYaa;298253
It exist... its called steelseries 4hd

that's what I said 10 posts ago, I already got a 4HD, along with 3 other  SS pads., kinda want something new you know.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 February 2011, 12:22:25 by manfaux »

Offline Arc'xer

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 16:34:00 »
Quote from: manfaux;297839

So basically you want a mousepad about 9-10 inches by 6-8 inches. i.e. 20-25cm/360 is your sensitivity unless your a high sens and just want a small but roomy pad. And maybe with a white color to it instead of the usual colors used.

The only other mousepad that looks remotely like the scarab is the artisan shiden. Seems like the shiden is using a medium middle layer not a soft nor hard unless they haven't updated their site. Though it's not plastic it's cloth but it apparently it has a glass coating on it.

Not exactly sure why they say glass coating because it sounds like something sprayed on. But from what I read that some have translated it apparently uses glass beads or something to that nature. It's not a sheet of glass like the icemat or magna.

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 21:43:56 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;298435

Not exactly sure why they say glass coating because it sounds like something sprayed on. But from what I read that some have translated it apparently uses glass beads or something to that nature. It's not a sheet of glass like the icemat or magna.

If it's anything like the coating on the Hien, it's quite nice. You can barely tell it's there, but it works well.

Offline blueslobster

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 12:56:48 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;298435
[...]
The only other mousepad that looks remotely like the scarab is the artisan shiden. Seems like the shiden is using a medium middle layer not a soft nor hard unless they haven't updated their site. Though it's not plastic it's cloth but it apparently it has a glass coating on it.

This mousepad indeed sounds interesting. I wonder how durable the glass coating is going to be ...

Offline hfcobra

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 13:11:35 »
Quote from: blueslobster;298834
This mousepad indeed sounds interesting. I wonder how durable the glass coating is going to be ...

considering the quality that Artisan mousepads have brought to the table so far i would expect it to be nothing under spectacular

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline Canada

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 13:34:50 »
I don't use a mouse pad.  
I used to use a plain-black woven cloth pad, but it broke a couple years back.  Procrastination has since prevented me from buying a new pad.

Offline gloria9mathews

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 04:10:08 »
Artisan Kai 3G is not up to the mark, I expected much more from it. You can get more reviews from the following link
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1994230

Offline speakeasy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 05:03:11 »
Has anyone compared how well the value editions compare to the regular artisan pads?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline .XL

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 10:10:02 »
Quote from: gloria9mathews;299241
Artisan Kai 3G is not up to the mark, I expected much more from it. You can get more reviews from the following link

Nice try, Razer guy...

Quote from: speakeasy;299253
Has anyone compared how well the value editions compare to the regular artisan pads?

I have the value edition and its quite good...nicer than either of my goliathus mats. I'll definitely be picking up a Shiden or regular Artisan Kai Hien in a couple months for sure.

Offline killy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 15:25:15 »
Quote from: gloria9mathews;299241

Few questions:

- Do your mouse have teflon feet?
- Do you press your mouse down hard, or perform fast slashing motions across the pad?

Offline hfcobra

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 21:01:22 »
Quote from: killy;299482
Few questions:

- Do your mouse have teflon feet?
- Do you press your mouse down hard, or perform fast slashing motions across the pad?

the link he posted gave the kai a 9.8/10, he is hoping that you do not read the link and just take his word for it lol.

Offline Half-Saint

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 05:17:36 »
Anyone here experiencing any problems when using a Logitech G5 with KAI g3.HIEN?
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline jnsjr

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 23:24:58 »
Another ratpadz xt user here.  I was not a believer in hard pads until I tried this one.  I previously owned a few QCK+, which were ok.  The ratpadz is pretty big, sturdy, and easy to clean.  It doesn't move at all (9 or so rubber feet and I have a wooden desk.)  The surface is fast and is just as slick as when I got it a little over one year ago.  I'm using a G9 mouse and love it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 February 2011, 02:16:43 by jnsjr »
Current Keyboards
Unicomp Space Saver (white) ~ HHKB2 ~ White Filco Red Cherry Limited Edition (Imsto Grey on White PBT + Group 3 keys + Awry keys)  ~ Realforce 87U 45g + Realforce 87U Variable + Realforce Numpad :biggrin1:+ MJ2 White Blue Cherry 87key

Keycaps
ClickClack Red Eye Skull *(2)* *(3)* *(4)*~ Black Eye Skull *(2)* *(3)* ~ Closeup ~  Topre WASD (Thanks Yak & DB!)

WTT & WTS
WTS White Filco Red Cherry Limited Edition (still deciding!)
Sold ~ Filco Blue Cherry; Majestouch 104 nonprinted keycaps; Noppoo Choco Mini 茶轴 (brown switches);  Topre 87u Variable ; Topre 87u 55g ; MY7000 Doubleshots ; Round 1 Doubleshots    
[/FONT]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline db_Iodine

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 03:25:46 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;299740
Anyone here experiencing any problems when using a Logitech G5 with KAI g3.HIEN?

The brief period I used my old G5 on it, no, didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Mind explaining what problems you're having with it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Arc'xer

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 17:36:07 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;300220
The brief period I used my old G5 on it, no, didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Mind explaining what problems you're having with it?

One of the criticism about the G5 is that it looks a MX518 except it's using 1st or 2nd gen laser engine. With less capability than the MX518 optical engine and so for low sensitivity depending on how low you are he is most likely hitting the physical max tracking speed. And raising the DPI makes the problem worse by lowering the threshold for control. For medium-to-high sensitivity the G5 is actually pretty good but it's low sens that's the problem.

Offline snowball

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 11:59:25 »
Artisan KAI g3.HIEN Hard
Zowie spawn G-TF
Steelseries QCK+
Steelseries 9HD
Steelseries I-2
Steelseries SX
Ratpadz XT

The Zowie has been my go to pad as of late. Thinking about picking up a puretrak talent or some more Artisan pads.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 March 2011, 12:02:08 by snowball »
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline Howie

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 16:36:23 »
I've had the same Roccat Taito for almost two years now. Still feels awesome. Looks pretty much brand new as well. I like it alot.

Offline BucklingSpring

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 19:39:28 »
Razer Destructor.

Low profile, lot  of surface and very good mouse response.

Really pleased with it.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Surly73

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 07:06:23 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;308131
Razer Destructor.

Low profile, lot  of surface and very good mouse response.

Really pleased with it.

I really liked my Destructor too.  It's biggest downfall in my eyes is rapid wear, especially considering its cost.  I'm not a really hardcore user  and have never "worn out" any kind of mouse pad in 25 years of mousing but at the 6-9 month mark my Destructor was worn enough to have different friction/glide properties in different areas of the pad.  I've got about a year on my Ratpadz XT and I haven't noticed any change.

Offline Carefoot

• http://carefoot.ca
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 10:21:45 »
Got my HD9 for free, can't say I like how big it is but its smooth with my Xai so I approve.
* - Black "Otaku" HHKB Professional 2
* - Filco Neo Multifinger Touch Pad
* - AKG701 headphones
* - Steelseries [Rubberized/Raw] Sensei

Offline MF_

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 11:10:45 »
I have the Razer megasoma. It is awesome.

Offline Jerri

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 13:24:46 »
Razer Ironclad, i really like that for low mouse sensitivity gaming :).
You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man.

Offline snowball

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 19:07:57 »
Quote from: MF_;308516
I have the Razer megasoma. It is awesome.

How much time do you have on the Megasoma? I've heard some issues about wear that stopped me from getting one.

Offline snowball

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 09 March 2011, 19:10:04 »
Quote from: Carefoot;308480
Got my HD9 for free, can't say I like how big it is but its smooth with my Xai so I approve.

You can get the smaller 4HD. Funny that I found the 9HD to be too small as I need to cross it almost 1.5X to do a 360 degree turn.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 00:29:23 »
I just purchased a Noppoo mousepad from Taobao for about $10. Perfect mousepad for me (it is cloth).
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Azuremen

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 12:49:51 »
Quote from: snowball;308795
You can get the smaller 4HD. Funny that I found the 9HD to be too small as I need to cross it almost 1.5X to do a 360 degree turn.

RTS players tend to use a higher sens than FPS players, I've found. I have a 13 inch square pad and I use less than half of it on average. FPS games I tend to play a bit lower, but it is still only a couple of inches maybe to do a 360 - likely the product of player UT GOTY when I was 15 a lot.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline Arc'xer

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 22:54:18 »
Anyone test the shiden yet?

Seems like they got a few new mousepads out(shiden varieties) and or planning on releasing new ones plus more colors. Based on the roadmap(hayate, hayabusa, and colors) they have at their site.