Author Topic: Logic Controls KB3000 - monster nuke-proof POS keyboard  (Read 4053 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Logic Controls KB3000 - monster nuke-proof POS keyboard
« on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 11:27:24 »
After spending several hours trying to find a driver for this behemoth, I am giving up.

My guess is 90%+ that this thing works just fine, but I have too many other things to waste time on.

I would wager that in a physical smashing duel with my F-122, this beast would triumph.

$100 shipped domestic if you buy it here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271510629838?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Logic Controls KB3000 - monster nuke-proof POS keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:09:20 »
Fohat

my question is, why the heck did you buy this? The layout, switch type, everything is too weird and unlike normal keyboards.

already you have said a dozen times that you want a normal layout keyboard which is why you like the F122.

I won't touch this even if it's free. (Shipping is too expensive, and the Arabs have been going all out recently to make sure that oil prices remain high.) Hope you're not going to be too severely out of pocket for buying this bizarre metal monster.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:14:12 »
Well, it was an impulse buy. This thing is so amazingly awesome that I could hardly pass it up for the price ($35) since I know from experience that these commercial/restaurant workstations are very expensive. It seemed to be in perfect very-lightly-used condition, and I am still 90%+ sure that it works properly.

Also, I was curious as to whether I could put it to use, somehow, myself.

What I did not realize was that the driver software would be so very difficult to obtain, since I have never had to do more than a few minutes digging on the internet to find drivers for other hardware (assuming that it actually existed, the XP-to-7 transition made me give up some nice old DOS-3.1-95-98 pieces).

For whatever reasons, these proprietary drivers, which certainly do exist, are closely held, and, without a driver, I cannot test the keyboard and sell it with confidence as a properly working piece.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 02:54:46 »
Well, it was an impulse buy. This thing is so amazingly awesome that I could hardly pass it up for the price ($35) since I know from experience that these commercial/restaurant workstations are very expensive. It seemed to be in perfect very-lightly-used condition, and I am still 90%+ sure that it works properly.

Also, I was curious as to whether I could put it to use, somehow, myself.

What I did not realize was that the driver software would be so very difficult to obtain, since I have never had to do more than a few minutes digging on the internet to find drivers for other hardware (assuming that it actually existed, the XP-to-7 transition made me give up some nice old DOS-3.1-95-98 pieces).

For whatever reasons, these proprietary drivers, which certainly do exist, are closely held, and, without a driver, I cannot test the keyboard and sell it with confidence as a properly working piece.

Since you are very technically capable, you should be able to hand wire it. I find the idea of hand wiring very interesting but lack the ability.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline syed20

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:43:23 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 07:18:06 »
When I saw a fresh post I got excited that somebody might want to be buying this beast from me.

It really would make a wicked addition to somebody's collection.

If the problem is that it needs to draw power from the AT-style DIN connection, can anybody advise me how to do it?