Author Topic: Anyone tell me if these are Cherry Legends?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Anyone tell me if these are Cherry Legends?
« on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 03:45:10 »
Looking for some info on the caps that came with a board I bought today, anyone know if these are Cherry legends?

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Anyone tell me if these are Cherry Legends?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 04:25:34 »
I'd reckon they are.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 04:51:30 »
Those look like delicious cherry doubleshots.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:39:47 »
Indeed, looks very similar to G80-0929 though the casebody is a bit different. You should open it and see if it has a G80 model on the inside on the PCB. What a nice find. I find it interesting the keycaps are so brilliant looking compared to the casebody. Give it some retrobright loving.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:41:50 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:42:12 »
Indeed, looks very similar to G80-0929 though the casebody is a bit different. You should open it and see if it has a G80 model on the inside on the PCB. What a nice find. I find it interesting the keycaps are so brilliant looking compared to the casebody. Give it some retrobright loving.

Good idea, I'll grab a screwdriver and report back!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:47:59 »
Only identifying mark on the PCB was TH-5150. After looking around it looks like this was some sort of IBM 5150 clone.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:11:23 »
Do the keycaps look like Cherry doubleshots on the inside?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:14:48 »
Yup, black and white cross hatching.

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 10:29:37 »
Look that space bar  :))
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 15:13:48 »

That is a real man's space bar!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 15:14:27 »
Man, I really thought that was a Model F at my first glance
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 15:16:46 »

I bet you could see that spacebar from space! :P
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 16:52:51 »

I bet you could see that spacebar from space! :P

It really raises the bar on space bars!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:12:52 »
And yet that bar still did not run out of usable space...
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:16:34 »
After all these puns I could do with a drink!

Is there any space at the bar?

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 03:12:43 »
That is a really nice keyboard.
Could you take a picture of it with some of the keys taken of? that way it's much easier to tell which switches it uses.