Author Topic: Orion TKL Group Buy  (Read 562007 times)

Offline cphead

Re: Orion TKL Group Buy
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 13:48:51 »
Pls followup on how the acrylic insert goes calvin, might be looking to get some for myself eventually  :p

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 14:09:27 »
Pls followup on how the acrylic insert goes calvin, might be looking to get some for myself eventually  :p

The quote I got was insane, $28.75 per piece if I'm ordering 2, and $12.88ea for 8 pieces. I heard it was around $10 for each piece over in Korea. This is understandable due to the larger order for the company over in Korea though; don't think anyone else in Vancouver got an Orion/Lightsaver that need the pieces.
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline cphead

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 14:25:41 »

The quote I got was insane, $28.75 per piece if I'm ordering 2, and $12.88ea for 8 pieces. I heard it was around $10 for each piece over in Korea. This is understandable due to the larger order for the company over in Korea though; don't think anyone else in Vancouver got an Orion/Lightsaver that need the pieces.

That is ridiculous  :eek: hopefully it's cheaper down here in CA ..

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 14:52:23 »
I'd be up for trying to pool US (and possibly Canada if shipping is sensible) orders to get these inserts made in slightly higher quantity. Do the side inserts fit the Butterfly keypad? If so I'd get 2 pairs for those as well.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 15:17:14 »
Cheapest place I've found for those kinds parts is big-blue-saw.  He does a pretty good job, you can upload DXF, and you get it all in the mail.

I've worked with him before.  I could run a mini-GB for these parts if y'all want.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 16:09:09 »
I'm meeting up with true custom on Friday to give him the money so he will have them ship some time after Friday. I'll let you all know your tracking #.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 16:17:49 »
Cheapest place I've found for those kinds parts is big-blue-saw.  He does a pretty good job, you can upload DXF, and you get it all in the mail.

I've worked with him before.  I could run a mini-GB for these parts if y'all want.

We'd be in your debt! I have no clue how to deal with the logistics of stuff like this :P

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 16:28:04 »
I'm meeting up with true custom on Friday to give him the money so he will have them ship some time after Friday. I'll let you all know your tracking #.
Wait a second, so we could be having our hands on this in a week or so? That's insane.
I'm used to GB's taking ages. Granted Round4 was a special case. :P

I'll have to send my SkiData to Margon then to have it desoldered and ready for when this arrives.
It is lovely to type on though... almost a shame to send it off.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline elton5354

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 16:34:57 »
He said he could ship some right away but the rest will have to wait about a week.

Offline cphead

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 17:02:32 »

Much interested in this (:

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 17:18:53 »

Moi aussi

Offline elton5354

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 17:39:05 »
Would be cool if you can get them to engrave something personal on the side :D

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 17:47:43 »
Can get that, but it would remove the benefit of saving money through higher volume.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 19:06:57 »
I'm in for inserts if we can get them

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 20:58:44 »
I'm thinking I should wait until I have the board in hand, so I am sure to get the measurements correct.   No matter what everyone else does, I'm going to at least get a set made for myself. :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 20:59:56 »
may or may not be interested in a set just in case I get a duck board in the future.
I love Elzy

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:22:41 »
What kind of leds is everyone using?

Almost have all the parts, now all I need is LEDs. What colour and type are you guys using for this board, voltage, amperage and size?
I'm guessing 3mm?
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:35:41 »

Almost have all the parts, now all I need is LEDs. What colour and type are you guys using for this board, voltage, amperage and size?
I'm guessing 3mm?
3~3.3V rating
round head led size 3mm
square head size 2x3x4mm

colors and type up to personal preference.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:10:29 »

I'm guessing 3mm?
3~3.3V rating
round head led size 3mm
square head size 2x3x4mm

colors and type up to personal preference.
Alright, thanks.

I feel like such a noob asking all of these questions here. :P

P.s. Elton, maybe you could add a link to the post with the acrylic inserts to the OP?
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:34:50 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 11:04:02 »

I'm guessing 3mm?

I've got white,red, and orange 2x3x4 LEDs heading to sifo from zeal/sprit.
Too bad there aren't any yellow leds I can get in time for the assembly :/

Offline elton5354

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 18:22:14 »

P.s. Elton, maybe you could add a link to the post with the acrylic inserts to the OP?

They are on the 2nd post on the first page ;)

Duck can only ship 5 at the moment.  They had more orders than anticipated, so they need to make more. It'll take no more than 2-3 weeks to ship the rest. A week or so to mill them and a few days to anodize. Very sorry about the delay.

I'll open Lightsaver V2 group buy next week and not after they ship cause of the delay.

Also about people who want to order Eagle/Viper from a Korean proxy, there is no point.  Viper/Eagle won't be shipped until around May anyways..

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 19:06:46 »

Duck can only ship 5 at the moment.  They had more orders than anticipated, so they need to make more. It'll take no more than 2-3 weeks to ship the rest. A week or so to mill them and a few days to anodize. Very sorry about the delay.

I'll open Lightsaver V2 group buy next week and not after they ship cause of the delay.

Also about people who want to order Eagle/Viper from a Korean proxy, there is no point.  Viper/Eagle won't be shipped until around May anyways..

Will it be possible for any insane few who have picked up an Orion and are gonna get a Lightsaver to combine shipping?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 19:16:55 »

Excellent :D, and damn. :(

I am guessing the first five are going in order of who was here first?
Not that it really matters. I am still gathering some of the materials anyway.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 19:53:20 »

Will it be possible for any insane few who have picked up an Orion and are gonna get a Lightsaver to combine shipping?

Going hard in the paint!

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 19:56:25 »

Moi aussi

I'd be in too.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 20:19:55 »

Looking forward to the Lightsaver V2 GB, I'm in for sure.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Orion TKL Group Buy
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 20:59:36 »

I think I was in the first 5, so this isn't bad news and the board'll come in the same time it takes for my stickers/LEDs/switches to get shipped too I think ^^

Offline elton5354

« Reply #327 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 10:34:42 »

If you're willing to wait a bit for the lightsaver v2.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 10:58:20 »

If you're doing that GB next week what's the added wait? Considering how rough shipping is from SK to the US it might save $40 just to wait three weeks.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:04:11 »

If you're doing that GB next week what's the added wait? Considering how rough shipping is from SK to the US it might save $40 just to wait three weeks.

From today, it's about 1-2 months max.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #330 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:22:24 »

From today, it's about 1-2 months max.

Oh, that's a bit longer than I had assumed given the quick turn around on this one. ~~~nevermind~~~

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #331 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:23:52 »
It's 1-2 months before the lightsaver GB? sorry, I'm confused  :-[

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:25:00 »

It's at most one to two months until lightsaver ships. I was asking about combining shipping.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #333 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:26:37 »

It's at most one to two months until lightsaver ships. I was asking about combining shipping.

got it! ty nuclear :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 19:18:03 »
I managed to get a set of brand new Cherry WoB, just for my all black Orion. This better be really really good!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline cphead

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 19:28:12 »
I managed to get a set of brand new Cherry WoB, just for my all black Orion. This better be really really good!

I did the same  :p excitement continues to grow .. :-X

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 20:42:36 »

That's going to be super slick

Offline laden3

« Reply #337 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 09:35:14 »
Does anyone know how to use the keymapping program? I tried to create a .hex file but it wouldn't let me save the keymap that I created.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 09:41:44 »
Does anyone know how to use the keymapping program? I tried to create a .hex file but it wouldn't let me save the keymap that I created.

Shoot me a PM with some screenshots and I'll help you out.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 11:27:29 »

We figured out the issue via PM. When you save the hex file, it fails to save unless you make the filename very simple. Even the default filenames don't work for me. I'm not sure exactly what it doesn't like but removing underscores, dashes, and spaces appears to let you save.

Once you've created the .hex file you can of course rename it to whatever you please.

Offline cphead

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 12:21:53 »

We figured out the issue via PM. When you save the hex file, it fails to save unless you make the filename very simple. Even the default filenames don't work for me. I'm not sure exactly what it doesn't like but removing underscores, dashes, and spaces appears to let you save.

Once you've created the .hex file you can of course rename it to whatever you please.

Thanks for sharing  :thumb:

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 12:38:43 »
Some picture of Orion from KBD, i think it very nice keyboard  ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 02:56:25 »
The weight of everything (excluding switches) is 2.6kg.
So after assembled everything and keycaps this keyboard will weight at 3kg. 
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:59:46 »

YongJK hao, you receive it already?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline YongJK

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 11:26:06 »

YongJK hao, you receive it already?
Few days ago received it.
Beg no black, no hao  :(
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline cphead

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 02:00:14 »
Has anyone else received their Orion yet? Please post pictures  :D

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 02:06:05 »

Hnnngggh, must wait patiently QQ
I think they ship this week for the first 5, let's hope so, anyway

Offline cphead

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 02:23:03 »

Hnnngggh, must wait patiently QQ
I think they ship this week for the first 5, let's hope so, anyway

What's everyone's going to look like? Colors, switches, leds?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 02:40:53 »
Case: Black-on-black

Switches: Stock vintage SkiData MX Clears. Lubed and stickered with clear switch tops.

LEDs: Red. Perhaps a combination of red and white and red, white & blue (Dutch colours) over the Prt-scrn, Scroll lock and Pause keys.

Keycaps:
- Ivan's Black on Black PBT keycaps
- SkiData Orange on Charcoal (a.k.a. Orange Dolch) :P
- White on Black Cherry doubleshots

All in ANSI with 1.25 mods.

Extras: Acrylic side pieces, sleeved usb cable.

I'm going with a red & black theme here to match my computer case. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 04:02:23 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 02:49:35 »

Case: Grey-on-grey

Switch type: 62g mx clears

LEDs: Combination of red,orange, white

Keycaps: Ivan's black-on-black pbt or dolch :P ANSI 1.25