Author Topic: We are a part of this community  (Read 25504 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
We are a part of this community
« on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:38:37 »
We are not a faceless corporation. We listen to the community. We also pay attention to scathing commentary with the intent to hurt either us or the community.

Why I ban people.

The rebuttal

We appreciate the people that bring this stuff to our attention. And we are thankful to be a part of such a great community. There's going to be a few bad apples,
but they make themselves loud and apparent enough that we know how to spot them :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:47:19 by Bro Caps »

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: We are a part of this community
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:45:44 »
:brofist:
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:46:16 »

Come back to Slack with me, child.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:50:35 »
We love you guys.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:58:06 »
Regardless of people's personal feelings toward you and the work you do it really doesn't give them the right to try and use you for personal gain.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:01:00 »

Come back to Slack with me, child.

I started to type /gif and then realized I had ventured outside of Slack.

The entitlement of some people is ridiculous. "I'm going to insult Bro and Bunny and then be mad when they don't sell me caps."

k

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:17:24 »
Salty boi, being salty cause no one gives him cap

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:27:24 »
wow that guy is sad for reacting like that over a cap...
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:28:25 »
What a wanker.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:28:52 »
Srs. The CtrlAlt team is the most active I've seen of the longest-standing artisans.

Oh, wait. Binge too. And Nubbs.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:34:45 »
I'll be the first to admit that I've sold caps, but never more than I've personally paid. Saying this, I've never entered a sale to solely gain profit later or talked trash on the people, like CtrlAlt, Bro, Binge, etc., that break their backs to get these amazing pieces of art into our hands. I'm sorry that you have to experience such things, Bro.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:44:06 »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:44:57 »
I see a few of these guys. One even had a moan that bros prices were higher than clacks retail prices of $20. The didn't have a clue,  was just being toxic,  as he was when I tried to promote my GMK DB thread on reddit.....  Oh well.  What goes around comes around.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:48:49 »
Joking about selling an artisan for profit before it even arrives is like joking you have a bomb at the airport. You deserve whatever happens next.
Especially with BroCaps.

Still, it is a shame you even have to put effort into filtering these people out.

P.s. what is slack?
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:50:59 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:55:20 »
What if I sell my Bros for undermarket value or--worse--give them away? Do I get un-banned, even though I was never banned? What happens then? Why do kids like Apple Jacks?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:56:04 »
What if I sell my Bros for undermarket value or--worse--give them away? Do I get un-banned, even though I was never banned? What happens then? Why do kids like Apple Jacks?

Yes

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:57:11 »
Joking about selling an artisan for profit before it even arrives is like joking you have a bomb at the airport. You deserve whatever happens next.
Especially with BroCaps.

Still, it is a shame you even have to put effort into filtering these people out.

P.s. what is slack?

The new IRC - http://slack.keyboard.community/

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:59:00 »

Yes

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline dreadvirus

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:03:59 »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Looking 4: GID reaper,Clacks
Offering: Dark/Green Warmaster,Raven,G2

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:13:42 »

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:15:59 »
Ahaha this is awesome. Letting him "win" a cap then shut him down for being a dumbass. This must feel worse than getting friend-zoned.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:20:25 »

Yes

(Attachment Link)

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:21:50 »
I don't get how people talk trash about something then practically beg for it in return?

Don't like the product or people behind the product, then why purchase a set to support it?

Its like Mito? Constantly bashes stuff then turns around and compliments it after the **** storm settles?

Immaturity at its finest.

**** all the haters and let the kids throw their tantrums.

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:22:02 »
The whole team is very friendly to everyone, New or old alike. I keep preaching this on other threads but only because it's the honest truth. Wonder what was going through his head? Sad, these are such wonderful caps.

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:27:46 »
This is why I hardly use reddit for keyboard purposes anymore, as someone coming from that forum, and also someone that just got into keyboards in the last year and a half, there is a stark difference in the communities. It just so happens this one fit me a little better. That being said it seems like banning is a reasonable action given the situation. People that resell artisans for profit have a special place and a lot of redditors make comments on the internet and never see any consequences, so it's a good thing action was taken.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 13:29:31 by Jemaunji »

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:01:07 »
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:01:26 »
This is why I hardly use reddit for keyboard purposes anymore, as someone coming from that forum, and also someone that just got into keyboards in the last year and a half, there is a stark difference in the communities. It just so happens this one fit me a little better.

A primary reason I prefer dedicated forums over hives like Reddit is because the community in dedicated forums is focused on that hobby and helping others enjoy that hobby as well. With websites like Reddit, you get people of different backgrounds trickling into other interests, getting a general idea of those new-found interests, and then doing whatever it takes to help themselves out over others.

I've seen this apply to many other hobby forums of which I'm a member, and I've always seen people be more educational and helping in dedicated forums. You still get the bad apples, but not as much as global-interest sites like Reddit.

Offline MeltingTeeth

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:26:23 »
Let's form a Posse with badges!

[/youtube]

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:27:00 »
Reading about this child getting denied put a smile on my face this morning :)

Offline Sku

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:32:30 »

Its like Mito? Constantly bashes stuff then turns around and compliments it after the **** storm settles?

What do you mean by "constantly bashes stuff", may I ask?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:46:03 »

Mito/lyqu1d has a pretty extensive track record of ****posting on reddit about ctrlalt, bunny and bro caps and is just an all around *******

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:47:29 »

Mito/lyqu1d has a pretty extensive track record of ****posting on reddit about ctrlalt, bunny and bro caps and is just an all around *******

And Clack. He doesn't like those caps either.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:48:10 »

Clack is an all around ******* too? I didn't know he didn't like Bro's caps...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:50:07 »

No, he's talking about MiTo.   And it's not restricted to reddit.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:51:46 »
This is why I hardly use reddit for keyboard purposes anymore, as someone coming from that forum, and also someone that just got into keyboards in the last year and a half, there is a stark difference in the communities. It just so happens this one fit me a little better.

A primary reason I prefer dedicated forums over hives like Reddit is because the community in dedicated forums is focused on that hobby and helping others enjoy that hobby as well. With websites like Reddit, you get people of different backgrounds trickling into other interests, getting a general idea of those new-found interests, and then doing whatever it takes to help themselves out over others.

I've seen this apply to many other hobby forums of which I'm a member, and I've always seen people be more educational and helping in dedicated forums. You still get the bad apples, but not as much as global-interest sites like Reddit.

Reddit is a great site for a lot of things, and it encompasses virtually all subject matter which makes it a great all-purpose site to browse for news and such. But there is no question that GH is a vastly better keyboard community than /r/mk. And that's nothing against /r/mk, it's much better for the casual keyboarder or people who don't really care to delve into the hobby too much. But people like the ****head user that Bro is referencing in the OP are why I don't use /r/mk more than once a day, and that's just to look at the front page of pictures when I get home from work.

I think GH makes it a lot easier to hold people accountable, and it feels a lot more like a community. But I hate to see it on GH when people group all redditors as ****ty community members. Plenty of great people on Reddit.

Glad to see that guy get his raffle win get taken away. People should be held accountable for what they say, the excuse "it's just the internet" is just not a good reason to act that way.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:52:05 »

No, he's talking about MiTo.   And it's not restricted to reddit.

I know. I just was trying to be silly.  :-[

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:54:53 »

Reddit is a great site for a lot of things, and it encompasses virtually all subject matter which makes it a great all-purpose site to browse for news and such. But there is no question that GH is a vastly better keyboard community than /r/mk. And that's nothing against /r/mk, it's much better for the casual keyboarder or people who don't really care to delve into the hobby too much. But people like the ****head user that Bro is referencing in the OP are why I don't use /r/mk more than once a day, and that's just to look at the front page of pictures when I get home from work.

I think GH makes it a lot easier to hold people accountable, and it feels a lot more like a community. But I hate to see it on GH when people group all redditors as ****ty community members. Plenty of great people on Reddit.

Glad to see that guy get his raffle win get taken away. People should be held accountable for what they say, the excuse "it's just the internet" is just not a good reason to act that way.

I don't think Reddit is bad. I just was trying to emphasize that as a website it's more global and less dedicated than other hobby-specific forums. I've seen this on stuff like 4chan, too, mostly with other hobbies I have like retro video games.
I feel like websites dedicated to one hobby with have a tighter community rather than other alternatives like Reddit or 4chan, or any other global sites. Not saying those latter sites won't have tightly knit communities at all, however.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:56:50 »

I don't think Reddit is bad. I just was trying to emphasize that as a website it's more global and less dedicated than other hobby-specific forums. I've seen this on stuff like 4chan, too, mostly with other hobbies I have like retro video games.
I feel like websites dedicated to one hobby with have like-minded goals rather than other alternatives like Reddit or 4chan, or any other global sites.

That actually wasn't directed at you, just random comments I've seen in threads bashing general redditors. I'm totally with you :thumb:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:04:03 »

I feel like websites dedicated to one hobby with have like-minded goals rather than other alternatives like Reddit or 4chan, or any other global sites.

That actually wasn't directed at you, just random comments I've seen in threads bashing general redditors. I'm totally with you :thumb:

I understand that there are good people on reddit, but the raw tonnage of crap that gets upvoted makes me wonder where in the heck all those good people are.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Sku

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:09:07 »

As far as I know, the guy is cool with [CTRL].Alt despite the fact that he and BunnyLake exchanged harsh words in the past, and he also criticizes the crew because of the Penumbra's extremely long delay, and to be honest he's kinda right. Another factor that deconstructs the perception of his "hate" towards CA is that he was recently approached by Cody and a possible partnership/mutual help was discussed but I don't know what the outcome of it was. Calling him a "general *******" is unfair if you don't really know the guy and I also find unfair that many of his good makings and efforts are overlooked and ignored in this community. I believe that some people here don't recognize what he did in the past with PuLSE and what he has been doing with his current projects. But the newcomers who like a juicy story will most likely agree and accept his role as a villain because of confirmation bias. It seems that they show up here and on Reddit, read somebody giving him crap and start doing the same, most of the time, because apparently this is the cool thing to do. But I'm gonna tell you something; there aren't villains nor saints in the "maker's layer" of this community.

Bro Edit:
Hi MiTo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:15:30 by Bro Caps »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:14:56 »

As far as I know, the guy is cool with [CTRL].Alt despite the fact that he and BunnyLake exchanged harsh words in the past, and he also criticizes the crew because of the Penumbra's extremely long delay, and to be honest he's kinda right. Another factor that deconstructs the perception of his "hate" towards CA is that he was recently approached by Cody and a possible partnership/mutual help was discussed but I don't know what the outcome of it was. Calling him a "general *******" is unfair if you don't really know the guy and I also find unfair that many of his good makings and efforts are overlooked and ignored in this community. I believe that some people here don't recognize what he did in the past with PuLSE and what he has been doing with his current projects. But the newcomers who like a juicy story will most likely agree and accept his role as a villain because of confirmation bias. It seems that they show up here and on Reddit, read somebody giving him crap and start doing the same, most of the time, because apparently this is the cool thing to do. But I'm gonna tell you something; there aren't villains nor saints in the "maker's layer" of this community.

I typicaly avoid drama and **** posts.

But I do have eyes and from what I have seen on here and reddit: He is an ass.

Also, it is 100% fair to call him that. I have the right to my opinion like he has his opinions on ctrlalt and bro.

I find it hilarious how he shifts from "I am a good guy just trying to help" to "**** you all" back to "I am innocent"

He supports counterfeits and blatantly lies about past things he has said.

Love him all you want.

Dude has lost my respect.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:18:26 »

Bro Edit:
Hi MiTo.

I caught his "Location: BR" tag, now its gone. I was just about to point it out, but you saw it as well ;)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:19:12 »

I think we have a reasonable understanding of who this guy is.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:20:12 »
I assumed sock puppet, that post confirmed it. Love the obvious attempt at image saving.

And how is it that so many threads turn into MiTo drama posts? 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:22:31 »
I have no qualms with the man as I've never interacted with him (well, he did PM me with something and I helped him out, but didn't hear anything after that), but the one thing I've witnessed that bugged me most is that he called beehatch a "****" and then tried backing out by claiming he didn't know beehatch was female.
I dunno; I've never heard anyone throw the term "****" gender-neutrally or at a male.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:22:40 »
I assumed sock puppet, that post confirmed it. Love the obvious attempt at image saving.

And how is it that so many threads turn into MiTo drama posts?

sorry I was just posting an example, he brought it upon him self with the sock puppet D=

Offline goblin561

• I'd rather be running
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:23:11 »
Came here to support my, bro. Since he is a local in Henderson, I am in the Southwest part of Las Vegas, I support him fully, since he is a really good artisan maker, and that shows in his work. I will continue to support his work, because they are pieces of art and they are my favorites out of all the artisan makers here. Though, I am new and just started collecting, it is his work that got me started.