geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

how many ppl go for IT in school just because they are gamers

<< < (3/3)

IchigoKuro:
I am one of those people who went into IT for the love of games, it turned out to be not fun at all and very difficult. I abandoned my studies, became interested in art history and became a designer with a great love for computer games and a hatred for programming. As a student, I was using stuff like these flashcards https://quizzes.studymoose.com/flashcards/abbreviations/ in order to find answers to different questions from my exams. After many years of being in the field, I realized a lot has changed; but there is still one thing that hasn't changed: the process of making games is incredibly cool.

phinix:
I was a gamer since I was 8 years old. From the moment I saw a video game, I knew I want computers to be main part of my life.
Went to uni, got Masters degree in IT (Networks), but I've been working whole life with Data and I like it.
So yes, games showed me that computers are amazing and I decided to be IT cause I wanted to be part of this world.
Now I play games very seldom, but still like it. For years I was a gamer, PC modder and for last 17 years also a keeb enthusiast :)

Darthbaggins:
Never went to school for IT, just have always loved tinkering & modding computers.  Only thing I did originally go to school for was Graphic Design and apprenticed as an Automotive tech.

PlayBox:

--- Quote from: phinix on Wed, 14 December 2022, 07:58:59 ---I was a gamer since I was 8 years old. From the moment I saw a video game, I knew I want computers to be main part of my life.
Went to uni, got Masters degree in IT (Networks), but I've been working whole life with Data and I like it.
So yes, games showed me that computers are amazing and I decided to be IT cause I wanted to be part of this world.
Now I play games very seldom, but still like it. For years I was a gamer, PC modder and for last 17 years also a keeb enthusiast :)

--- End quote ---
i was also a gamer for years now.i just started middle school for IT not just because i love games but also as a genuine tech enthusiast. keeb enthusiast for only a bit more than a year tho, the funny part is that being on a budget (too poor for razor) actually got me into keyboards loll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version