geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Tragic loss of a B-17 at an air show

<< < (3/3)

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Mon, 14 November 2022, 11:03:20 ---Gotta love the internet where something you didn't say is taken to be more important than what you did.
"I like cheesecake"
"Oh, so you hate chocolate cake, you're such a jerk!"

It was a technical comment, yes, it sucks for their families and it's not that I don't feel bad for them but is this the right venue to express it?  Were your feeling personally hurt or are you just trying to cause a scene? Stop being so performative.

--- End quote ---

would the opposite even be true? can a random internet person actually be "so empathetic" that his feelings towards a random death worlds apart are genuine and/or consequential.

tp4 is of the school, that expressed empathy in most forms are quite disingenuous.  the difference between caring and pretending to care at such a distance is minuscule.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 14 November 2022, 11:14:07 ---would the opposite even be true? can a random internet person actually be "so empathetic" that his feelings towards a random death worlds apart are genuine and/or consequential.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but if you have that bad of a response I would say you need professional help.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Tue, 15 November 2022, 12:11:17 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 14 November 2022, 11:14:07 ---would the opposite even be true? can a random internet person actually be "so empathetic" that his feelings towards a random death worlds apart are genuine and/or consequential.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but if you have that bad of a response I would say you need professional help.

--- End quote ---

Tp4 needs professional help, but he can not afford it, so he buys electr0nix to fill the dystopian void.

pixelpusher:
Both of these planes were here this summer at the Air Show near me.  We attended.  I have photos somewhere of both planes.  The B17 was selling tickets to ride around in it as an air tour.  My son wanted to go but it was sold out.  Pretty tragic incident.

Leslieann:
You usually need to book well in advance for either the B-17s or B-29s, otherwise you hope you get lucky and someone can't make it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version