Author Topic: Signature Plastic DSA  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Skuloth

Signature Plastic DSA
« on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:31:51 »
I'm considering picking up a set of blank DSA profile key caps from signature plastics for my poker II w/ a tex case and I had a few questions about the keycaps.

First of all, I have foam landing pads from elitekeyboards on each key and I was curious whether or not the DSA caps will go as far down on the switch as the stock keycaps in order to hide the landing pads.

Second I know I will need both the base set and a modifier set, but will these two sets have enough keys for my poker and will they properly fit my keyboard?

Thanks
-Skuloth
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Skuloth

Re: Signature Plastic DSA
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:36:25 »
Also, how is the quality on signature plastics' key caps?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 12:18:58 »
I guess you are talking about DSA PBT Blank keycaps.

They are "okay", not really thick but thicker than DCS. PBT caps tend to be slightly bent (if you are extremely anal about these things), ABS shrinks less when it cures so the keys look "sharper".

Poker 2 keyboard has pretty standard layout. Alpha+Mod and you are covered (with plenty of spares).

Regarding the landing pad, you can't really see them... unless you look at your keyboard at a really extreme angle I guess...

Offline napalmbrain

• Formerly known as xibu
  • Hi.
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 22:55:53 »
Someone on another site wanted comparison shots between the Signature Plastics PBT DSA vs the Poker II's stock PBT keycaps. So I took some pictures comparing the two. Here it is: http://imgur.com/a/2TNrq
Poker II for life.