geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

GMK Spacebar Issue

(1/2) > >>

akoster15:
I have started having an issue with my GMK WOB spacebar (see linked video). When I press down on the left side of the spacebar a few times, the spacebar goes down and gets stuck. It wasn't like this before and I have no idea what happened. I know also that it is not a stab issue since I have tried other spacebars and had no issues. Anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Rob27shred:
Looks like the keycap is coming off the stab. The cruciform mounts that go on the stabs probably got widened out a little. An easy fix for this is to use a small piece of scotch tape on top of the stab slider. This should keep the cap from popping off during use.

Puddsy:

--- Quote from: Rob27shred on Wed, 08 June 2022, 13:14:30 ---Looks like the keycap is coming off the stab. The cruciform mounts that go on the stabs probably got widened out a little. An easy fix for this is to use a small piece of scotch tape on top of the stab slider. This should keep the cap from popping off during use.

--- End quote ---

seconding this

akoster15:
I guess I little confused as to what the stab slider is. Do you mean the top of the stem?

Puddsy:
if you take the spacebar off, you'll see your switch, but also two black cruciform parts on the outer edges. make sure the spacebar is fully on those as well, and if it doesn't mount properly (like appears to be the case in the picture) you can apply the fix that rob suggests above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version