Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 276336 times)

Offline Etherealsound

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #750 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 18:08:43 »
Ok its March, no more CNY excuses. Hard to believe it was originally scheduled for November 2018...

Most studios delay, so it is not uncommon to say the very least. Part of the motivation for me to work with AirPotter from Gray Studio with my own project is that he pushes hard and rarely delays.

Yeah, it's not my first group buy so I understand it's not uncommon. Even so, I refuse to just accept it as it is every time that it happens. Until the day that a group buy puts in a disclaimer saying that they will delay, give 0 communication and sometimes outright lie, I will continue to join for the boards I want and I'm going to continue to post complaints/requests for updates. The fact that this is even supposedly the unspoken standard is not a good enough excuse imo.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 18:50:17 »
Ok its March, no more CNY excuses. Hard to believe it was originally scheduled for November 2018...

Most studios delay, so it is not uncommon to say the very least. Part of the motivation for me to work with AirPotter from Gray Studio with my own project is that he pushes hard and rarely delays.

Yeah, it's not my first group buy so I understand it's not uncommon. Even so, I refuse to just accept it as it is every time that it happens. Until the day that a group buy puts in a disclaimer saying that they will delay, give 0 communication and sometimes outright lie, I will continue to join for the boards I want and I'm going to continue to post complaints/requests for updates. The fact that this is even supposedly the unspoken standard is not a good enough excuse imo.

Totally agree with you.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #752 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 18:57:10 »

I'm in on the Southpaw65 GB. I joined that back in november 2017 and it still has not shipped yet. The difference is that there's communication there from the runner. zFrontier is not doing a good job here at all. But I did find this:

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-mar-2-2019
"Several problems detected. Colors weren't accurate, some plates have wrong cutouts and missing some plates. We are packing them and shipping them back to EVE to fix the problems."

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #753 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 21:20:30 »
Alex did get back to me last Friday mentioning problems with the kits, like machining mistakes. I asked for more details and maybe photos to show the mistakes, but I haven't heard back from him again. So yeah, more delays and I apologize for this. I'm waiting for more details to share.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #754 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 21:41:16 »
Alex did get back to me last Friday mentioning problems with the kits, like machining mistakes. I asked for more details and maybe photos to show the mistakes, but I haven't heard back from him again. So yeah, more delays and I apologize for this. I'm waiting for more details to share.

Hope they get fixed soon. It's a nice design.

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #755 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 22:14:09 »
Any news on Kira S? Wonder if the Kira S GB will ever open on en.zfrontier...

btw that light lavender purple looks nice.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #756 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 23:11:20 »
I guess with the delay it gives them time to open it, but idk if they can handle the workload. Bummer to hear about the colors, but at least we got something from them

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #757 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 23:15:55 »
With PayPal buyer protection running out in a month for me, I think I’ll be doing the smart thing and requesting a refund. Just can’t take the risk with so many mishaps and lack of any commitments or timelines.

I’d maybe wait if we were all getting back weights, but this is too much trouble for a pared-down product/design

Sorry thesiscamper!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #758 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 00:10:09 »
With PayPal buyer protection running out in a month for me, I think I’ll be doing the smart thing and requesting a refund. Just can’t take the risk with so many mishaps and lack of any commitments or timelines.

I’d maybe wait if we were all getting back weights, but this is too much trouble for a pared-down product/design

Sorry thesiscamper!

I think it’s fair. 6 months should be enough time.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #759 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 01:29:35 »

Sorry thesiscamper!

Wait, are we not getting back weights?

edit:nvm

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #760 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 01:53:51 »

I'm in on the Southpaw65 GB. I joined that back in november 2017 and it still has not shipped yet. The difference is that there's communication there from the runner. zFrontier is not doing a good job here at all. But I did find this:

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-mar-2-2019
"Several problems detected. Colors weren't accurate, some plates have wrong cutouts and missing some plates. We are packing them and shipping them back to EVE to fix the problems."
Show Image

that's weird, since i heard they had issue with color and plates since january or earlier if i remember it right.... and if they were to ship back to eve now, then how much longer would it delay? lmao
i am checking on my paypal and i found out i paid with my credit card instead of paypal, please refund me, i don't wanna waste my time for this board any longer. And I also do believe that i have the right to claim refund for a board that hasn't even been officially updated by zfrontier until two days ago, and who doesn't want to communicate with their participant.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #761 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 05:13:56 »

Sorry thesiscamper!

No need to apologize, and sorry it had to be like this.

Offline vafan

« Reply #762 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 09:41:41 »
I've joined XDA Oblique and Kira via Zf. Both of them delayed and lacked information. Hmmm

Offline enfer

« Reply #763 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 10:57:13 »
Ha! Back to EVE???? Now?
Why didn't check them in February?

So how long we have to wait for they fix that?
Six months? Again?

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #764 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 11:23:38 »
     since zfrontier wouldn't even look at our emails, could anyone of you organizer contact zfrontier regarding maybe something like a survey where people could choose either to receive them now not minding about the color problem or refunds? i dont wanna just wait another moment not knowing how they are going or how long it will be delayed for, to be honest, i have lost all my trust with you organizers or zfrontier, I no longer wanna trust my money with you guys.

They should have checked on this earlier and have made a move back then. I don't understanad their attitude of updating like that, they could have informed us earlier, but what did they even do? they told us they will ship before christmas, then without any kinda updates, 2 months has passed. then they told us they will ship before CNY, but they haven't even packed our boards yet. And they are bringing up the issue with plate and color now that has CNY passed??? wtf is wrong with them huh?
the way they are doing it now and informing us that they are shipping back to EVE only tells us that they have solely used CNY as an excuse to unnecessary delays. All I can say is both the keyboard designer/organizer and zfrontier is irresponsible. I don't know if it is even possible, but I will have a talk with my bank first regarding the money being handed to some wrong company.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #765 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:29:21 »
I've joined XDA Oblique and Kira via Zf. Both of them delayed and lacked information. Hmmm

I have heard (from a trusted chinese friend who is deep in the keeb circle) zfrontier made late payments to manufacturers, partly why these are delayed.

I cannot be sure of that as this is not my first hand information, but i really hope this situation is sorted out soon. I have bought quite a lot of products from zfrontier, and no issues so far.

My suggestion is to not dispute through paypal, this might create negative impact on their paypal account, and affect more people.

Actually I know the CEO of ZF, if you guys really want to organize some sort of survey and want someone to pass the information, I can be the messenger.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:31:11 by oldcat »

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #766 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:03:22 »

I have heard (from a trusted chinese friend who is deep in the keeb circle) zfrontier made late payments to manufacturers, partly why these are delayed.

I cannot be sure of that as this is not my first hand information, but i really hope this situation is sorted out soon. I have bought quite a lot of products from zfrontier, and no issues so far.

My suggestion is to not dispute through paypal, this might create negative impact on their paypal account, and affect more people.

Actually I know the CEO of ZF, if you guys really want to organize some sort of survey and want someone to pass the information, I can be the messenger.

So basically they shouldn't open paypal disputes and be locked into an uncertain GB because zFrontier made irresponsible decisions with zero communication on a product that we were owed information, if not the full product, months ago? That's a pretty terrible suggestion. I think anyone who wants to bail at this point should and those who stick in it, should still be owed what they paid for in good fashion. It's not like they were legitimately incapable. For some reason, the Chinese GB got priority over original backers and a lot of people already have their fully functional units. So why is it that only the international ones are having issues?

Also, having a survey passed on to the CEO would be very nice and I do appreciate you offering that. However, it's still a poor substitute for an actual company member addressing us directly and truthfully.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:04:53 by Etherealsound »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #767 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:06:42 »

So basically they shouldn't open paypal disputes and be locked into an uncertain GB because zFrontier made irresponsible decisions with zero communication on a product that we were owed information, if not the full product, months ago? That's a pretty terrible suggestion. I think anyone who wants to bail at this point should and those who stick in it, should still be owed what they paid for in good fashion. It's not like they were legitimately incapable. For some reason, the Chinese GB got priority over original backers and a lot of people already have their fully functional units. So why is it that only the international ones are having issues?

Also, having a survey passed on to the CEO would be very nice and I do appreciate you offering that. However, it's still a poor substitute for an actual company member addressing us directly and truthfully.

I totally agree. Actually I rethink about this, maybe some disputes will be a wake up call for them.
They should have dedicated staff for international business

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #768 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:07:35 »
Just throwing this out there: The PayPal protection window of 6 months is only relevant for opening claims, once you have opened that claim, it is irrelevant if the protection runs out during investigation/resolve. So you still have time left to wait this out and see if something happens in the next 2-3 weeks. I personally open disputes at 1 week before PP protection runs out.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #769 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:14:29 »
So according to the latest update on zF there are even more problems with the board.
Multiple plates with wrong cutouts or completely missing plates.

They said that they are now sending the problematic boards back to EVE for fixing...

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #770 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:52:00 »
So according to the latest update on zF there are even more problems with the board.

They said that they are now sending the problematic boards back to EVE for fixing...

Perhaps EVE is taking too many new things these days (or could be authors' oversight). EVE is typically very high quality. Heard the Percent Canoe has now moved to EVE for manufacturing.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #771 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 00:16:02 »

Perhaps EVE is taking too many new things these days (or could be authors' oversight). EVE is typically very high quality. Heard the Percent Canoe has now moved to EVE for manufacturing.

even the "percent canoe has now moved to EVE for manufacturing" kinda statement makes me mad at this point LMAO. They can't even handle their previous keyboard properly and it is troubling a lot and what made them think they can handle another board? I'm just hoping they won't use and give priority working on percent studio's boards first and the kira would be delayed due to that ****ty reason. Actually, instead of surveys, could you tell the CEO of zf that I need refund for this GB since i haven't participated with paypal, but instead, a debit card, and I want refund due to zf's ****ty attitude. Both EVE and ZF is irresponsible and stupid honestly, they can't handle a single gb and how come they planning to organize that huge amount of them and still want to get more?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #772 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 00:26:26 »

even the "percent canoe has now moved to EVE for manufacturing" kinda statement makes me mad at this point LMAO. They can't even handle their previous keyboard properly and it is troubling a lot and what made them think they can handle another board? I'm just hoping they won't use and give priority working on percent studio's boards first and the kira would be delayed due to that ****ty reason. Actually, instead of surveys, could you tell the CEO of zf that I need refund for this GB since i haven't participated with paypal, but instead, a debit card, and I want refund due to zf's ****ty attitude. Both EVE and ZF is irresponsible and stupid honestly, they can't handle a single gb and how come they planning to organize that huge amount of them and still want to get more?

Sorry man don’t be upset, I’m just a messenger trying to convey information I am aware of.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #773 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 00:40:37 »

I have bought quote a lot of stuff from zFrontier as well.  No issue so far.  They are bad with communications, particular on the Eng side.

I checked the PayPal transaction for this GB, and I have until 3/31 for buyer protection.  I'm going to wait and see what happens say 3/20 then decide then what to do.

With this GB, we really could use more info.  Some CNY GB participants got their boards.  I vaguely recall some boards were sent back to EVE before.  So, the update posted doesn't make sense - probably why some are asking if that's old news.

A lot of people are going to get skittish toward the end of March, so it's better for zFrontier to act as well.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #775 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 08:46:43 »
Well, another story:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/axru1y/officially_been_30_days_since_my_zfrontier_order/

just as i thought.... I have been hearing issues with how zfrontier handles their GB, for instance my friends who have participated in one of the keycap or keyboard group buy from zfrontier are also complaining their project has been delayed....
I really feel like we need to work together to wake them up. Maybe they think it's a keyboard business and they are going easy on the schedule and handling...

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #776 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:54:44 »
Well, another story:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/axru1y/officially_been_30_days_since_my_zfrontier_order/

just as i thought.... I have been hearing issues with how zfrontier handles their GB, for instance my friends who have participated in one of the keycap or keyboard group buy from zfrontier are also complaining their project has been delayed....
I really feel like we need to work together to wake them up. Maybe they think it's a keyboard business and they are going easy on the schedule and handling...

But this falls pretty hard on EVE also. Do they have no quality control? Colors not matching, messed up plates and still just shipping it out. How do you ship out 2 (or more?) different shades of Pearl Blue for example, without noticing?

Edit: This may be a shortsighted reply. We don't know what happens behind the scenes and what problems arise. But that's what happens when there's no feedback whatsoever. Frustration. No idea if the latest project update on their page is current or old news either.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 11:11:28 by Bubblegum »

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #777 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:45:32 »
Well, another story:

But this falls pretty hard on EVE also. Do they have no quality control? Colors not matching, messed up plates and still just shipping it out. How do you ship out 2 (or more?) different shades of Pearl Blue for example, without noticing?

Edit: This may be a shortsighted reply. We don't know what happens behind the scenes and what problems arise. But that's what happens when there's no feedback whatsoever. Frustration. No idea if the latest project update on their page is current or old news either.

I'm curious of that part as well... I mean come on, EVE is kinda well-known in this community and their boards aren't cheap either, quality control is the most basic stuff... I am shocked by the photo, how can there be two completely different color for the same "pearl blue" and "violet".. these chinese companies really seems to lack communication skills. They are trying to make living out of international buyer, then they should have prepared with the following necessary staff or skills in order to successfully manage.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #778 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 13:39:40 »
Well, another story:

They are under-staffed, and not well versed in the international community really.
I feel unless they hire some good people who know keyboard and also fluent in English, or maybe work with the community in a different way, it's not going to get any better.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #779 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 13:43:26 »

For what it's worth, I talked to Percent Boss, and he indicated to me that the recent Canoe sale production will not be affected and likely will ship on schedule (with possibility of a slight delay).

I don't actually know why Kira has so many issues, whose responsibility it is (it could either by EVE's, ZF's, or the designer's, we don't know), but I haven't really heard a lot about these problems from the China side, and the board wasn't as popular as on GH either.

I think if PayPal protection is going to expire, whoever took your money, is the one you should contact and deal with now. So probably ZF. One suggestion for GB runners it that if more than 6 months is needed, they can refund and recharge to extend the paypal protection for buyers.

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 14:49:17 by oldcat »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #780 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 14:08:28 »

For what it's worth, I talked to Percent Boss, and he indicated to me that the recent Canoe sale production will not be affected and likely will ship on schedule (with possibility of a slight delay).

I don't actually know why Kira has so many issues, whose responsibility it is (it could either by EVE's, ZF's, or the designer's, we don't know), but I haven't really heard a lot about these problems from the China side, and the board wasn't as popular as on GH either.

I think if PayPal protection is going to expire, whoever took your money, is the one you should contact and deal with now. So probably ZF.

I've got 20 more days of PayPal protection, but that hardly feels enough when they were supposedly on track back in december. I've already been refunded (along with a bunch of you in here) for the board once because a few others didn't pay up.

Right now I'm at a point where I want the board more than the money. Don't want to give up on this. Will be oh so satisfying once it actually arrives! :)

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 14:26:25 »
I would also prefer to not be refunded again and have the board. The only thing I can think zF can do is communicate more and re send the invoices so the PP period extends. Highly doubt they would be interested in doing that.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 14:33:15 »
I’ll echo the same feelings. Want the board more than the money, and zfrontier should be more regular and transparent with updates. Everyone here understands there will be mistakes, delays and all.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #783 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 14:48:03 »
I would also prefer to not be refunded again and have the board. The only thing I can think zF can do is communicate more and re send the invoices so the PP period extends. Highly doubt they would be interested in doing that.

They could probably do refund and recharge. Others have done it. Just adding paypal protection.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #784 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 16:41:59 »
As much as I have expressed my discontent with this group buy, I would also like to receive the board more than the refund. However, at this point, it would also be nice if they could at least make one post in this thread, just one post where they share an honest update and apologize for their absolutely scummy behavior.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #785 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:35:11 »
I hesitate posting here to say I have no real updates but we're in this mess because of lack of communication. Still no news, I've been asking other people to help me ping zF, I've left messages telling them about your frustration, and I hope they get back to me about the buy.

Tell me if I should post here to tell you about lack of updates, or to just post when there's actual news.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #786 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:09:44 »
I hesitate posting here to say I have no real updates but we're in this mess because of lack of communication. Still no news, I've been asking other people to help me ping zF, I've left messages telling them about your frustration, and I hope they get back to me about the buy.

Tell me if I should post here to tell you about lack of updates, or to just post when there's actual news.

It’s nothing you’re doing wrong. zFrontier are the ones mistreating the buy which is unfortunate. I’m sure you’re doing what you can

Offline yap68

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 04:58:12 »
Made a few purchase on zF since last June and all of them encountered massive delays. I have the patience but don't want to tolerate this kind of zero-communication service anymore.

Already filed my claim through Paypal and see what will happen. I can live without this keyboard though it is nice to have. Wish you guys luck.

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2019, 08:11:43 by yap68 »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #788 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 07:26:21 »

I think it's nice when you chime in, whether or not there's any real news. It shows you're engaged in the GB (even though you're not running it). Sometimes it's enough getting an update saying there's no new info. Keep up the good work and designs!

Unfortunate that we are were we are with this GB, but eventually I'm sure it will get fulfilled. Not been in the hobby for too long, but you sure need patience for it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 10:06:54 »

Man, sorry to know this. I've heard some similar things regarding zf's lack of response. I hope they get their things together soon.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #790 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 10:32:18 »

Your updates are extremely appreciated. If anything, it's probably the only thing keeping me sane in this group buy and probably the only reason why I'll stick through it until the end.  Thanks a lot for the input and effort.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 10:26:18 »
Thank you for the patience guys. A vendor was able to talk to zF and was told that they (zF) will reply to people. Of course this doesn't mean much at the moment, but I do hope it will be soon.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 11:50:11 »
Thank you for the patience guys. A vendor was able to talk to zF and was told that they (zF) will reply to people. Of course this doesn't mean much at the moment, but I do hope it will be soon.

Any updates will be good, even just how long people need to wait, so they can adjust their expectations :)

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #793 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 08:54:59 »

Thank you for all the updates. Like others in this GB, I appreciate any information you can provide, even if the update is that there are no updates.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #794 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 13:16:15 »
So..... whatever happened to the Kira numpad? Did that one actually get cancelled?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #795 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 03:45:40 »
With the help of ilouis_07 I was able to have a brief chat with EVE and here's what I got:

-he can't reach zFrontier
-he is aware of the issues but needs to know how many parts need to be replaced
-I asked about the numpad but he probably got busy already and wasn't able to reply

I've attached an image showing the machining mistake, the flipped logo. The original file I sent didn't have this logo and EVE had it added. He said the easiest solution, of course, is if the buyer accepts the plate as is. I still need to talk with zF though.

edit:
Please note that Louis served as the translator, I had to wait for a reply and then have Louis translate it, and vice versa.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 03:52:06 by thesiscamper »

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #796 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 04:09:24 »
Thanks a lot for the update! I for one am totally OK with the flipped logo on the plate, especially if it speeds up the whole process.

So are wrong anodisation of some boards and the logo on the plate the only issues?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #797 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 04:21:48 »
Same, totally don't mind the mistake on the plate.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #798 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 04:38:16 »
Seems like zFrontier is juggling more than they can handle then, if they don't even respond to EVE.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #799 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 04:40:54 »
Thanks a lot for the update! I for one am totally OK with the flipped logo on the plate, especially if it speeds up the whole process.

So are wrong anodisation of some boards and the logo on the plate the only issues?
+1

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄