Author Topic: JTK Toxic  (Read 74041 times)

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
Re: JTK Toxic
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 14:33:35 »
My package says it should arrive on Monday! I couldn't be more excited! I've been holding off on a complete upgrade for my novatouch including BKE Heavies, EK Mechlube 2, KBD Silencing rings, and with this order from originative some JTK Toxic MX sliders. Monday will be a day of glorious keyboard modifications.

My body is ready....

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 17:26:17 »
My package says it should arrive on Monday! I couldn't be more excited! I've been holding off on a complete upgrade for my novatouch including BKE Heavies, EK Mechlube 2, KBD Silencing rings, and with this order from originative some JTK Toxic MX sliders. Monday will be a day of glorious keyboard modifications.

Show Image

My body is ready....

Nice, I am betting the Toxic sliders will go awesome with the set, also a pretty cool color to have your sliders period IMO! I haven't delved into Topre yet myself but the BKE domes seem to be really good from everything I've heard about them. GL with all the mods & post some pics when you get her all finished up! :thumb:

I finally got my shipping notice a little bit ago, I am ready for this set myself. Can't wait to see it on my RS68! ;D

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 19:33:51 »

It's happening people! To my surprise my package was waiting for me when I got home today!

JTK has definitely come through on this set, they look flawless! I honestly couldn't be more pleased, if only I didn't have to work in the morning or I'd be up all night messing with my keeb.

Just want to say a quick shoutout to sherry and bunny for making this all happen, you guys took a lot of flak for this one but stuck with it and delivered and I think everyone will be ecstatic to receive this keyset in the next few days!

TOXIC HAS ARRIVED!!

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 04:20:30 »
Show Image

It's happening people! To my surprise my package was waiting for me when I got home today!

JTK has definitely come through on this set, they look flawless! I honestly couldn't be more pleased, if only I didn't have to work in the morning or I'd be up all night messing with my keeb.

Just want to say a quick shoutout to sherry and bunny for making this all happen, you guys took a lot of flak for this one but stuck with it and delivered and I think everyone will be ecstatic to receive this keyset in the next few days!

TOXIC HAS ARRIVED!!
whoooaaa....now i’m really stokes, cant wait till it arrived. hope nothing happen during transit to my country..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 08:21:02 »
Show Image

TOXIC HAS ARRIVED!!

Now that's how a key set should be boxed & packed! This will be my 1st JTK set & I'm already happy with what I'm seeing!

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
    • E.E.L. Ambiense Industries
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 11:08:53 »
Looking forward to my set showing up as well.  Dropping it on a black n' green themed deck I'm building.
Case modder by trade; mech-deck'r for fun!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 11:32:56 »
Now that's how a key set should be boxed & packed! This will be my 1st JTK set & I'm already happy with what I'm seeing!

I'm of a mixed mind in that regard.  The packaging is definitely top of the line, and was a welcome addition comparing it with JTK sophomore.  But having two boxes is definitely a downside.  The packaging material is better than any I've seen before, though...

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 13:47:34 »

finally got to use this bbv2 that I've been sitting on...

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 01:43:31 »
oh man that bbv2 is awesome i want one!  here's the set under a blacklight:

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 16:33:16 »
Show Image

finally got to use this bbv2 that I've been sitting on...

That bbv2 does go well with Toxic, looks good! :thumb:
I got my set today, pretty happy with it.
187645-0

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 17:32:21 »
Well, the JTK version is way yellower than DCS. This is pretty disappointing to me, although I guess most probably prefer it as it's closer to the original renders. That said the keycap quality is quite good especially for the price, would buy from JTK again. Hope they can get more novelties going on for future sets.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 18:10:40 »
Well if the JTK set is more yellow than the original, then the artisans that bro made for the DCS set are also off color because they match JTK toxic perfectly...

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 21:20:54 »
Well if the JTK set is more yellow than the original, then the artisans that bro made for the DCS set are also off color because they match JTK toxic perfectly...

Yea was gonna say, a friend of mine owns the Toxic bbv2 artisan from the original DCS set too and it looks to be the exact same colour as his JTK set he's just received last week. I guess a 1:1 match is fairly hard to achieve but I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two shades.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 02:14:00 »
finally arrived..yeayy
too bad there’s one defect key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
    • E.E.L. Ambiense Industries
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 07:58:58 »
Just wanted to thank Originative and sherryton for getting these out expediently!  I've been sitting on them for a few weeks now, but I finally got around to attacking the project I was going to build utilizing these caps; a custom Varmilo VA87 project.

• Custom powdercoated aluminum frame with textured black
• Custom powdercoated matching 'acid green' switch plate
• Clipped/lubed Cherry stabs
• Lubed Gateron Silent Blacks
• Green 1.8mm LEDs

190532-0
190534-1
190536-2
190538-3
190540-4
190542-5

Caps are excellent, especially considering the cost!  I plan on enjoying them for a while to come.  :)
Case modder by trade; mech-deck'r for fun!

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:04:54 »
So I see that originative sells this set on its site. I haven't followed the entire timeline but I'm guessing I shouldn't be placing an order?

Offline totallycaked

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:15:56 »
So I see that originative sells this set on its site. I haven't followed the entire timeline but I'm guessing I shouldn't be placing an order?

I think originative has a decent stock of these sets on hand after the buy ended. You could contact them before hand to see if they have any in ATM.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:50:23 »

I think originative has a decent stock of these sets on hand after the buy ended. You could contact them before hand to see if they have any in ATM.

!!

Thanks for the advice.

update: they indeed have more in stock. time to save some money so I can feel not guilty about buying it :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:33:55 by ppp »

Offline SpaceCatDesign

• www.SpaceC.at
    • SpaceCat Design
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 15:19:55 »
got mine today. have four defective keys and both Alt 1.25u mods sit way too high on the switches. I tried different keyboards, different switches, and it's always the same problem.

Have emailed Originative to take a look at this. Let's hope I get a reply.

Thanks!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 11:53:20 »
Just wanted to thank Originative and sherryton for getting these out expediently!  I've been sitting on them for a few weeks now, but I finally got around to attacking the project I was going to build utilizing these caps; a custom Varmilo VA87 project.

• Custom powdercoated aluminum frame with textured black
• Custom powdercoated matching 'acid green' switch plate
• Clipped/lubed Cherry stabs
• Lubed Gateron Silent Blacks
• Green 1.8mm LEDs

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Caps are excellent, especially considering the cost!  I plan on enjoying them for a while to come.  :)

Nice build, the black texture powder coat looks sweet