Author Topic: O Hai :)  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Unicorn_Systems

O Hai :)
« on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 15:47:58 »
Hey geekhack! I'm Unicorn of bit-tech.net, I had to register as Unicorn_Systems because "Unicorn" was taken :( Lots of my fellow members from bit-tech are members here and they recently sucked me into mechanical keyboards, so here I am! I'm using a Choc Mini with blacks for gaming and a Poker with reds on my home office rig at the moment, and thanks to some advice from those who know what they're talking about, I'm now awaiting delivery of a Filco Ninja with blues for my office desk in school (where I have a part time job). If you'd like to know more about me, there is a long, fairly boring spiel under "who is Unicorn?" on my blog at http://www.unicornsystems.co.uk/blog :D

I'll add that I'm hoping to start customising my Poker soon - both of my current boards are exactly as they were when I took them out of their boxes! :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2012, 15:51:48 by Unicorn_Systems »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: O Hai :)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 15:53:35 »
Hello there sir and welcome to geekhack...You have some nice keyboards there and you will really like the MX Blues.

I take it you're into racing?
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Unicorn_Systems

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 16:14:31 »
Thanks! Yes, I'm really looking forward to getting the Ninja, at the moment I'm using a standard Dell issue rubber dome board in work and it's... gross  :))

Yes, I'm very much into racing! I'm a MotoGP and F1 fan, and also love some rallying and Irish Road Racing :D As you'll see from the blog, I intend on building a trackday car over the next few/several years and taking it around Uk and European tracks like the Nurburgring, Silverstone, Combe etc! :)

I'm also a massive ice hockey fan - we have a team here in NI called the Giants who I actually do technical audio/visual and broadcasting work for. When it comes to the NHL I'm a Pens guy, sorry :))
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2012, 16:16:19 by Unicorn_Systems »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 16:23:30 »
Cool. I was into minimoto go. Still got my grc and blata bikes.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 17:11:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Going back to the Dell keyboards feels a bit like typing on a sponge to me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: O Hai :)
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 23:29:43 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Going back to the Dell keyboards feels a bit like typing on a sponge to me.
i think a sponge is too nice of a term.

Hey by the way, F1 fan here 2 been recordering all the races missed the first one of this year sadly.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:01:11 »
Yes, sound advice for annoying everyone. Blue switches at work!

= D

Welcome to GeekHack
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:02:49 »
Hey geekhack! I'm Unicorn of bit-tech.net, I had to register as Unicorn_Systems because "Unicorn" was taken :( Lots of my fellow members from bit-tech are members here and they recently sucked me into mechanical keyboards, so here I am! I'm using a Choc Mini with blacks for gaming and a Poker with reds on my home office rig at the moment, and thanks to some advice from those who know what they're talking about, I'm now awaiting delivery of a Filco Ninja with blues for my office desk in school (where I have a part time job). If you'd like to know more about me, there is a long, fairly boring spiel under "who is Unicorn?" on my blog at http://www.unicornsystems.co.uk/blog :D

I'll add that I'm hoping to start customising my Poker soon - both of my current boards are exactly as they were when I took them out of their boxes! :)

Hmmm I know you from someone, but I don't remember where

^_____^
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 05:50:08 »
Yes, sound advice for annoying everyone. Blue switches at work!

= D

Welcome to GeekHack

Sound advice - very droll  ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 07:41:44 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Unicorn_Systems

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 15:15:28 »

Hmmm I know you from someone, but I don't remember where

^_____^
[/quote]

How could you not remember, you and I are never off it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words of welcome all! I'm seeing lots of temptation already. Any enthusiast forum with a marketplace + me = massive expenditure :D

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 18:03:24 »
5496-0

^_^ I have a choc mini too so wee! I checked out your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing how your car project turns out :D

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 18:20:53 »
How could you not remember, you and I are never off it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words of welcome all! I'm seeing lots of temptation already. Any enthusiast forum with a marketplace + me = massive expenditure :D

I was jokin' bro ^__^
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline alvinliang

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 12:52:43 »
Welcome to geekhack
iPhone sucks

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 11:43:14 »
love your blog! You seem to be something of a renaissance guy, lotsa different interests! I respect that!