geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

GON NS NerD Crystal TKL - Detailed Build Log

<< < (2/15) > >>

strict:
Absolutely extraordinary build you've done here! The attention to detail and the level of commitment (ie. gutting a k65) should be an inspiration for just about anyone. I've been day dreaming about picking up a Gon but was pretty set on an aluminum housing, however seeing this really opened my mind to the possibilities of a polycarb one.

Lastpilot:
Thank you everyone <3

--- Quote from: nubbinator on Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:40:54 ---Damn, that attention to detail.  It all paid off too.  I almost wish it had a subtle blue LED glow to give it a full ice palace look, but it's stunning as it is.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Nubbinator! Hehehe, yeah the side LED's on the bottom of the PCB give off a much a cooler white which looks sort of blue, so there will be a nice effect once I finish those up. :]

--- Quote from: yicaoyimu on Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:39:27 ---The end product looks so awesome! You really put a lot effort into building this. After reading your build log, I think I will go for RGB switches too, for my KMAC build with NerD PCB and PC plate. Thanks for sharing!  :thumb:

--- End quote ---
Thank you! Yes, just know that the while RGB bottom housings aren't perfectly clear (maybe 50% opaque?), they have a special opening at the bottom to allow light in.  If you have any questions about the switches, feel free to PM me.

--- Quote from: swathe on Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:35:41 ---Awesome and though I'd be too scared of owning a white board that looks god damn amazing!

You've done a great job  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

I appreciate it man. If you love something, chances are that you are going to do a great job at it! :]

--- Quote from: appleonama on Sun, 09 November 2014, 22:01:13 ---Thats amazing Im glad you posted this. My eyes have been set on a gon crystal after I saw GL1CHES Gon.

--- End quote ---
Ohhhh~ yeah? I haven't seen his yet but I really do love my Crystal.

--- Quote from: strict on Sun, 09 November 2014, 22:06:52 ---Absolutely extraordinary build you've done here! The attention to detail and the level of commitment (ie. gutting a k65) should be an inspiration for just about anyone. I've been day dreaming about picking up a Gon but was pretty set on an aluminum housing, however seeing this really opened my mind to the possibilities of a polycarb one.

--- End quote ---

Wow, I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Yes, the alu vs all-polycarb choice can be a hard one. After owning both I may be able to answer any questions you have about them. I will go over the differences in more detail in my future review thread, but for now please feel free to PM me any questions you might have. :]

whentheclouds:
what do you think of the POM caps?

t2russo:
Outstanding.  I love the dedication to the theme, as far from my usual tastes as it may be.  The custom polycarb screws really seal the deal. 

You've set a very high bar. 

hrinfinity:
This is absolutely stunning! Nice work on the write up and the pictures. I've only been using my aluminum GON for a few months, but I'd really like to try out the all-polycarbonate.

The visible logo on the PCB is probably my favorite part :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version