Author Topic: First keyboard help - Custom TKL Wooting?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline CerealKiller

First keyboard help - Custom TKL Wooting?
« on: Sat, 12 August 2023, 01:15:13 »
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a Wooting 60, but I play quite a bit of Starcraft 2, and would really hate to lose my F keys for camera controls, and pressing fn+ctrl+num keys every time seems like it would be quite annoying.

So now I'm wondering if it would be possible to build a custom TKL/75% keyboard, while keeping the Wooting Lekker switches, and hopefully the PCB as well, so that I can still use the Wooting software/Wootomation etc. This means I would probably need to cut the F-key part of a PCB from a different keyboard and put it in right?

Does anyone have any experience building a custom wooting? Were there ever any unforeseen issues? I really want to do this, but don't want to be blindsided by anything.

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: First keyboard help - Custom TKL Wooting?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 August 2023, 04:10:16 »
At the moment I don't think there are any aftermarket pcbs that allow you to use the lekker swtiches in a custom. You could replace the wooting 60 he (which is a 60% which is not what you are looking for) and change out the case with any 60% case that uses the gh60 mounting points but that's about it. There is a full size wooting but it is an oem and not "custom" but that could be all you need tbh.

If you are willing to wait then geon works is designing a TKL keyboard that will be compatible with the wooting lekker switches so that could be an option for you, there are updates for this project on his discord which is called the n680 so you can check it out there. But sadly there aren't too many options on the market as the tech is new, but if you wait there will be tons more options.