Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 306322 times)

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
Re: Rama Works M60-A [INITIAL PACKING]
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 04:12:41 »
Awesome thanks! oh man, get thinking!  :))
The pressure  :-\

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #751 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 22:05:37 »
Can anyone confirm what size spacebar is needed? Pretty sure its 7u
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 October 2018, 22:13:04 by distracteddev »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #752 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 22:13:25 »
Can anyone confirm what size spacebar is needed?

7u like most all other MX HHKB layouts.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #753 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 02:50:06 »
WTS/WTT Dusk M60-A gb spot, trade wants are kits >60%, realized i cant live without arrow keys
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 06:50:27 by Shenpai »
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline Idragonist

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 03:27:25 »
WTS/WTT Dusk M60-A gb spot, trade wants are kits >60%, realized i cant live without arrow keys
PM sent

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 08:44:54 »
Can anyone confirm what size spacebar is needed?

7u like most all other MX HHKB layouts.

Here's a nice layout image for the M60-A, I believe it was posted by Rama earlier in this thread

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 10:26:29 »
is it mid/late november yet?  :confused:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #757 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 21:28:48 »
is it mid/late november yet?  ???

Almost!! Anxiously waiting the container arrival, might go drive to the port and watch it come in again haha :P
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #758 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 07:37:24 »
I'm sure I've missed this somewhere, but is the PCB QMK compatible? Is it shipped with a stock layout? If it is, what do the layers look like?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:21:03 »
I'm sure I've missed this somewhere, but is the PCB QMK compatible? Is it shipped with a stock layout? If it is, what do the layers look like?

Yep, the PCB is QMK compatible - the code is already in QMK master! We are also working on a GUI based configurator that will let you change the keymap instantly without needing to build QMK or install new firmware.
This will work with the firmware already installed on the shipped PCBs :)

We're drawing the default layout (most will find the default perfect for their needs)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #760 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:23:12 »
This may sound stupid, but this will be my first board in the HHKB layout. So for Windows users how would you do the CTRL+ALT DELETE command on the default layout? Or would you need to configure that as a QMK command/sequence?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #761 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:33:44 »
This may sound stupid, but this will be my first board in the HHKB layout. So for Windows users how would you do the CTRL+ALT DELETE command on the default layout? Or would you need to configure that as a QMK command/sequence?

Not a stupid question at all! This is how to Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the default layout:

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #762 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 20:43:54 »
never mind
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2018, 21:42:20 by Zanduby »

Offline liv05

« Reply #763 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 09:18:35 »
I'm looking for someone interested in swapping sage with my moon!  :D
Also willing to buy your spot if you just want to leave the gb!
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2018, 10:06:35 by liv05 »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #764 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 23:12:29 »
If anyone would like to take my spot in the GB, please PM me! I have 1x order of moon, no internal weight.

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #765 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 10:10:08 »
Anybody who are willing to sell their spot to me?

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #766 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 10:56:02 »
Did you PM ye_cole, who just posted right above you?

Good luck finding your M60-A!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #767 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 12:31:01 »
Did you PM ye_cole, who just posted right above you?

Good luck finding your M60-A!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Yes I did! Thank you very much for the words! I missed the GB and fully regret not to join to this great board.

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #768 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 15:26:38 »

Yes I did! Thank you very much for the words! I missed the GB and fully regret not to join to this great board.

If you can handle the wait, there will be another run of the M60-A in the near-ish future. Seems there will be different colors offered and a special offering as well.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 16:20:33 »
nearish = when koyu ships ≈ June 2019 ± a few months.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #770 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:38:35 »
nearish = when koyu ships ≈ June 2019 ± a few months.

Sooner then that!

---

UPDATE:

The M60-A enclosures are landing tomorrow by sea-freight in Melbourne (1st of November)! The container will then be going through customs and then delivered to our warehouse once cleared. Once in our warehouse we will aim to ship out the M60-A keyboards as quickly as possible! https://rama.works/prototype/2018/10/31/m60-a-incoming-parvum-mightykillers

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #771 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:44:51 »
It's happening? It's happening! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #772 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:47:54 »
It's happening? It's happening! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

YUP! Very very excited to see these out to everyone!! Will update once the container arrives to our warehouse, we need to make some space to fit all these  :-X 

Offline Darknight00z

Re: Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #773 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:17:39 »

Does Rama usually do a second round? Not sure I will have the funds to make this one but maybe in the future.

Potentially at some point, but won't be for a longgg while - and most likely not in the same colourways.

@Rama If less than year is considered as longgg time for between R1 and R2. That timeframe is even shorter than re-run of keycaps.

How nice of you to pull the rug from R1 buyers.

I am not in the stance of against new buyers but if you are going to make statements as such to make your keyboard seem exclusive and limited but then change it later, its kind of a bait and switch. At least thats how I see it. Had I known R2 was just going to be a year later, I might not have joined R1. Just saying.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #774 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:37:08 »

Does Rama usually do a second round? Not sure I will have the funds to make this one but maybe in the future.

Potentially at some point, but won't be for a longgg while - and most likely not in the same colourways.

@Rama If less than year is considered as longgg time for between R1 and R2. That timeframe is even shorter than re-run of keycaps.

I am not in the stance of against new buyers but if you are going to make statements as such to make your keyboard seem exclusive and limited but then change it later, its kind of a bait and switch. At least thats how I see it. Had I known R2 was just going to be a year later, I might not have joined R1. Just saying.

A little confused by this, R2 will be delivering around the same time frame as R1 in a new edition - we are not rerunning the same keyboards we have already sold.

We've been committed with all our offerings to not rerun previous editions, which has been seen with our keycaps and M6 series
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:41:18 by KingRama »

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 09:23:09 »
YUP! Very very excited to see these out to everyone!! Will update once the container arrives to our warehouse, we need to make some space to fit all these  :-X 

Please, bribe customs with like an artisan cap.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

Re: Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 09:53:09 »

What's up with your hostility?  Rama busts his ass to make awesome designs that people want.  Some people were not able to get in on the first buy (myself included - luckily I was able to purchase a spot).  We aren't paying for exclusivity; we are paying for Rama's design, intellectual property, and hard work.  If you want exclusivity, go commission someone to design something custom for you and miss out on this awesome keyboard.  At least you will be spared the terrible experience of having the same keyboard as other people...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #777 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 11:42:00 »
Yeah, I don't get that post at all.  No one ever said this was some limited edition super exclusive board anyway.  If anything, I've always thought that RAMA helps to make more items accessible to the community than other makers.  It's what he does.  Just assume there will be new boards and new versions of boards going forward.

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #778 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 12:30:43 »
I, for one, am stoked about the new colorways, and I trust Rama to determine the best timeline. I don't buy keyboard stuff as a potential moneymaker or pure collectible--I use it--though I suppose people who do treat keyboards, keycaps, switches, etc. that way might be upset about perceived increases in quantity.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #779 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 12:49:03 »
I am not angry against new buyers but, I guess, I had a different assumption for the definition for lonnng time before r2. That was just the point I was getting at.

I apologize for any hostility that came across as that was not the intent.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 October 2018, 13:12:34 by Darknight00z »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #780 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 17:54:49 »
I am not angry against new buyers but, I guess, I had a different assumption for the definition for lonnng time before r2. That was just the point I was getting at.

It's all good man! I'm excited to further expand on our offerings in new and exciting ways in the future, and am even more excited to see how each person who receives one of the boards to make it their own and to see how they integrate it in their own setups!

Please, bribe customs with like an artisan cap.

LOL should have the opening of the container with some sacrificial boards for the customs agents  :p  Eitherway, customs has all been paid for pre-arrival so should hopefully all go through pretty quickly! Will ask our freight forwarder for an ETA for delivery :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #781 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 18:12:55 »

Regardless of hostility your argument was/is weird and entitled - Rama doesn't owe anyone exclusivity, some times plans change, maybe he had not planned to run a second round for another 2 to 3 years but decided to do so for whatever perfectly valid (or not) reason he may have had. Successful products are coveted, this isn't Supreme or Yeezy or something, if he wants others to have a new iteration (or just a regular rerun) of the board then that's entirely understandable.

I don't think I can actually express how much that sort of mentality bothers me, happens a lot too - people buy something and then somehow the faux sense of exclusivity and entitlement being taken away pisses them off and creates animosity toward the creator and a product they would otherwise love and be proud of, comments like "pulling the plug on buyers" start flying out. Buy stuff you wanna buy, when you can/want to buy it. If you couldn't or didn't wanna justify buying R1, or feel you may regret it later, that's on you.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #782 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 22:13:21 »
Hey all! The enclosures should be forwarded to us early next week where we will pack all the accessories first so that they are ready to be picked&packed for each order.

COULD YOU ALL PLEASE CHECK YOUR LATEST CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND MAKE SURE THAT IT IS YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS! IF NOT PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE EMAIL WITH WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE THE M60-A SHIPPED!

Thank you! :)

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 22:21:34 »
Yay! My body is ready, everything is ready. I have Holy skies switches and GMK Camping waiting for the Sage to go camp together  :p :D

I know it's early but, thanks for all this update and superb communication Rama!
Hope it stay smooth like this until everyone gets their boards. :)
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 23:03:09 »
Yay! My body is ready, everything is ready. I have Holy skies switches and GMK Camping waiting for the Sage to go camp together  :p :D

I know it's early but, thanks for all this update and superb communication Rama!
Hope it stay smooth like this until everyone gets their boards. :)

GMK Camping + Sage... that is perfection  :o  You gotta show us all when that comes in :D

And of course! Will continue to update all throughout the following weeks as we pack and ship everything. Will have a better understanding of timelines once the pallets arrive and divide the workload - but we're dedicated to ship these out as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience, super excited for guys to get your hands on them!!

Offline up-in

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 02:09:13 »
The wait is almost over! Still have not decided whether to put Pulse or Laser into Lake 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 06:51:12 »
The wait is almost over! Still have not decided whether to put Pulse or Laser into Lake 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

As much as I love SA, I think you gotta go Laser.  I’m not sure about Pulse black going with the gold weight.  Also, I think the blue of Laser will go better with lake than the blue of Pulse.  These are all guesses, so I could totally be wrong.

Offline nerium

« Reply #787 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 07:45:38 »
GMK Camping + Sage... that is perfection  :o  You gotta show us all when that comes in :D

And of course! Will continue to update all throughout the following weeks as we pack and ship everything. Will have a better understanding of timelines once the pallets arrive and divide the workload - but we're dedicated to ship these out as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience, super excited for guys to get your hands on them!!

This GB is running so smoothly! I still haven't decided on switches, though :(
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 08:20:29 »

Good thing its hot swap and you don't have to decide! :D

edit: right now, at least. :p

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 09:06:45 »

I'm in the same boat! I was planning to use Royal Clears but since issues have been discovered with the retooled Box stems, I can't take the risk of damaging my nice caps... Might be using good ol' Zealios or perhaps Halo Clears if I can get my hands on some.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 09:16:36 »
78g zilents and GMK Yuri waiting for my boards to arrive!

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 15:25:01 »
Stoked to get this board, have GMK 9009 + Tealios ready for it! :D
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #792 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 10:37:22 »
Anyone looking to sell a spot? Pretty plz? New to Geekhack but have trades in mechmarket and decent karma.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #793 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 11:18:25 »

Regardless of hostility your argument was/is weird and entitled - Rama doesn't owe anyone exclusivity, some times plans change, maybe he had not planned to run a second round for another 2 to 3 years but decided to do so for whatever perfectly valid (or not) reason he may have had. Successful products are coveted, this isn't Supreme or Yeezy or something, if he wants others to have a new iteration (or just a regular rerun) of the board then that's entirely understandable.

I don't think I can actually express how much that sort of mentality bothers me, happens a lot too - people buy something and then somehow the faux sense of exclusivity and entitlement being taken away pisses them off and creates animosity toward the creator and a product they would otherwise love and be proud of, comments like "pulling the plug on buyers" start flying out. Buy stuff you wanna buy, when you can/want to buy it. If you couldn't or didn't wanna justify buying R1, or feel you may regret it later, that's on you.

Would you mind explaining how was this being entitled? I don't think I was.

Rama said R2 wouldn't be for long time. I factored that into my purchasing decision thinking it will be 2-3 years before the next round. So not wanting to wait that long I purchased.

The availability of an item can be a factor in my purchasing decision just like price, design, color etc... You may not agree with me, thats fine, but its factor of mine.

Now that I know Rama recycles his design so soon, Koyu R2 MIGHT happen in a year's time, I am less inclined to purchase it as there are other things I could buy and purchase Koyu next year.

I am happy to continue this discussion in pm, since we are getting off track form the thread.

Offline r0b1n4sale

« Reply #794 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 08:15:42 »
Getting both Laser (Gaijin&Blocknet) and Taihao Cubic Jukebox ready for my Lake, so excited.

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #795 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 12:09:40 »
Picked up Moon , I have:

SA Godspeed
SA Oblivion alphas ( to pair with godspeed mods)
SA Pulse
GMK Laser & Waves

SA VOC (late 2019)

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #796 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 13:03:16 »
Picked up Moon , I have:

SA Godspeed
SA Oblivion alphas ( to pair with godspeed mods)
SA Pulse
GMK Laser & Waves

SA VOC (late 2019)

Nice!  I got Mist to go with Godspeed Mods and Space Cadet Alphas, but I can’t decide if I’m just going to stick with normal Godspeed alphas.  I like both options so much.  The grey of the space cadet/oblivion seems less toyish.

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #797 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 13:10:56 »
I can't wait for my Lake to arrive. I just hope color is that deeper blue tone. If so it should go great with my SA penumbra solarized. Hopefully Rama will have some pics to show off shortly of the finished Lake. :thumb:

Offline heycheeeno

« Reply #798 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 23:29:15 »
Just got my shipping confirmation!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #799 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 23:30:27 »
Just got my shipping confirmation!

Woah already? Nice dude