Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 305041 times)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 07:14:08 »
I really want a Sage but so hard to find a keyset that matches with the green... and it's also not very flexible so I can't swap caps later :/
I also consider sage, it is quite unique and very good looking, but I endup choosing moon wich is way more easy to associate. Sage will go nicely with any gray/beige vintage keyset I think

Yeah, Sage works super well with Black/White and beige/yellow-toned sets :) And can also be accented nicely with some colours :)

Does Rama usually do a second round? Not sure I will have the funds to make this one but maybe in the future.

Potentially at some point, but won't be for a longgg while - and most likely not in the same colourways.

I already bought Lake but that Moon is beautiful.

Also Rama, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is R2 M65-A ever going to happen? I don't need it to be soon but I'd like to know whether I should wait or scour through mechmarket.

It'll be back :)

Not sure if at all possible but I’d love to see a breakdown of colours ordered, interested to see which way people have been swinging

From most to least ordered (so far):
Moon
Lake
Sage / Kuro (equal)
Mist
Dusk

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 08:20:18 »
I really want a Sage but so hard to find a keyset that matches with the green... and it's also not very flexible so I can't swap caps later :/
I also consider sage, it is quite unique and very good looking, but I endup choosing moon wich is way more easy to associate. Sage will go nicely with any gray/beige vintage keyset I think

Yeah, Sage works super well with Black/White and beige/yellow-toned sets :) And can also be accented nicely with some colours :)

Does Rama usually do a second round? Not sure I will have the funds to make this one but maybe in the future.

Potentially at some point, but won't be for a longgg while - and most likely not in the same colourways.

Also Rama, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is R2 M65-A ever going to happen? I don't need it to be soon but I'd like to know whether I should wait or scour through mechmarket.

Not sure if at all possible but I’d love to see a breakdown of colours ordered, interested to see which way people have been swinging

Moon
Lake
Sage / Kuro (equal)
Mist
Dusk

moon master race  :))

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 09:07:22 »

Moon
Lake
Sage / Kuro (equal)
Mist
Dusk

moon master race  :))

From the provided picture of the anodization block, it's really hard to pass on that grey.
TGR Jane V2

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 08:13:37 »
Will extra pcb/daughter boards be available for individual purchase after GB closes?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 09:28:32 »
Hello, do you have any renders (from above and isometric) with SP SA keysets (for instance Carbon SA with Dusk, Dolch SA with Sage or Dasher SA with Lake) ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 April 2018, 00:37:52 by MoebiuS451 »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 10:20:37 »
Hello, do have any renders (from above and isometric) with SP SA keysets (for instance Carbon SA with Dusk, Dolch SA with Sage or Dasher SA with Lake) ?

It would be interesting indeed! Even if I will go with qmk on this one, after 3 SA keyset, time to change a little ^^

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 13:12:52 »

Awesome! I'll be patiently waiting :)
Since I've already joined for Lake, I hope Moon makes another appearance in M65 r2 because that gray is one of the best I've seen.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 22:52:55 »

YES please! The M60 looks amazing, but I've long accepted that I cannot go smaller than 65%.
Also, uh, please consider a way to hide the side screws in the R2 M65-A 😆

Offline KikkotheWhiteFox

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 03:37:57 »
I ordered the GMK Samurai set and cant decide on colorway for the hkkb  :-[ Do I go with the gray/ silver for the clean af look, or the pink with rose gold back weight. I'm scared of going pink because I think it might be too much, really leaning towards the grey or silver case and getting a extra rose gold back weight. Anyone that got this set, know which color case they are getting?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 05:32:16 »
I ordered the GMK Samurai set and cant decide on colorway for the hkkb  :-[ Do I go with the gray/ silver for the clean af look, or the pink with rose gold back weight. I'm scared of going pink because I think it might be too much, really leaning towards the grey or silver case and getting a extra rose gold back weight. Anyone that got this set, know which color case they are getting?

IMHO I think it's not that good a match, the Dusk is a bit too "pink" to go well with the dark red of Samurai, but since I haven't seen Samurai in real life, it's hard to say if it works or not.

Samauri on Moon is a safe choice  ;D

Offline namgungh

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 14:57:37 »
I also too had question about Samurai Red.
Can anyone or Rama please comment on what colorway would match best on
- XDA Canvas Mitos
- Pulse SA Round 3?

I feel that getting Moon would be safe choice for any keysets....

Offline speedyzy

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 15:59:02 »
is it coming with a sound dampening lining

Offline Atredl

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 16:03:06 »
is it coming with a sound dampening lining
He mentioned that he still needs to do some sound tests to see if the lining has any noticeable effect. If it does, he’ll include it. If not, well there’s really no point.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 16:04:53 »
Hello, do have any renders (from above and isometric) with SP SA keysets (for instance Carbon SA with Dusk, Dolch SA with Sage or Dasher SA with Lake) ?

It would be interesting indeed! Even if I will go with qmk on this one, after 3 SA keyset, time to change a little ^^

Second this. I hope to be able to use a SA keyset with the M60-A, but would like to see a render so as to judge whether it'll be a good match or not.

Offline johuu

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:33:12 »
Is there any render with GMK Necro available?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 18:05:51 »

https://imgur.com/gallery/eKxdz

Jessica did these, she also made one on Sage that looked surprisingly good but I can't recall where I saved it, unfortunately. Maybe someone else has it.

Offline PRkeys

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:19:50 »
Any details on what is the status of GMK Heavy Industry ?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:30:55 »
I also too had question about Samurai Red.
Can anyone or Rama please comment on what colorway would match best on
- XDA Canvas Mitos
- Pulse SA Round 3?

I feel that getting Moon would be safe choice for any keysets....

Mito had some renders up on his site for Pulse SA!

I think the safe choices are Kuro / Moon / Mist (the grayscales!)

I'll do some XDA renders this weekend, including Canvas :)

Yup!

Any details on what is the status of GMK Heavy Industry ?

Stay tuned ;)

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:34:46 »
Sorry for the repost, KingRama, I'm interested as to whether individual PCBs will be for sale in your store after the conclusion of the GB?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:41:00 »

XDA Oblique please!!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:42:40 »
Sorry for the repost, KingRama, I'm interested as to whether individual PCBs will be for sale in your store after the conclusion of the GB?

We always buy extra PCB's to stock on-hand for support/replacement related things, but these are typically not available for immediate purchase through the site. For instance we have about 30-40 spare M6-A PCB's at the moment :)

XDA Oblique please!!

For sure! I'll add that one in too :)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:52:39 »
OK! I just put in my order this morning... went with Mooooooon - and the extra weight!   My most expensive kb purchase (to date).  It was a tough decision cause I want ALL colors.  I'm a chicken and the price forced me to play it safe (I love the gray though so it's fine).

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 08:49:30 »
Does anybody know what the SS M# fixtures are that come with the M60-A? I'm new to the kb community, and I don't know what the fixtures are. BTW Lake is the best color!  ;D ;D

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 08:50:28 »
Does anybody know what the SS M# fixtures are that come with the M60-A? I'm new to the kb community, and I don't know what the fixtures are. BTW Lake is the best color!  ;D ;D
Stainless Steel Machine Screws.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 09:44:12 »

Janglad made a render of SA Royalty on the M60a in the dusk colorway. (dusk master race!)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 21:30:47 »
OK! I just put in my order this morning... went with Mooooooon - and the extra weight!   My most expensive kb purchase (to date).  It was a tough decision cause I want ALL colors.  I'm a chicken and the price forced me to play it safe (I love the gray though so it's fine).

Woahh, huge turning point in your life! You're going to love it mate - we have a moon prototyping arriving before the GB closes as well (will come at the same time as the PCB's) so can't wait to show it off and do that typing video for you all :) And dw mate, the grey is legitimately very nice :D

Fixtures = Screws :) SS = Stainless Steel, M = Metric! Lake is definitely super nice :D

Show Image

Janglad made a render of SA Royalty on the M60a in the dusk colorway. (dusk master race!)

Oh my god they are made for eachother :O :O

Here are what keycap sizes you need, also some dimensions for people wanting to make sleeves/wristwrests etc:

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 02:59:56 »

I know that feeling... stepping up from a CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S to a moon M60-a... Guess I'm doomed.
TGR Jane V2

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 06:20:34 »

I know that feeling... stepping up from a CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S to a moon M60-a... Guess I'm doomed.

Indeed your dooooooomed! I start to join for a gray EXENT, thinking it will by my end game.. now I have it with also a lilac m65-a, and now waiting for Percent Canoe in silver/blue , CA66 in darkred, and m60 in moon  ;D

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:49:18 »

Indeed your dooooooomed! I start to join for a gray EXENT, thinking it will by my end game.. now I have it with also a lilac m65-a, and now waiting for Percent Canoe in silver/blue , CA66 in darkred, and m60 in moon  ;D

Dark red CA66 here, as well. I'm strongly considering changing my order to Moon. It's the nicest gray I've ever seen but then I'd have to wait for a different blue board for my GMK Nautilus.

@rama Should I want to change my order, do I pm you or send a support email?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 00:40:01 »

Dark red CA66 here, as well. I'm strongly considering changing my order to Moon. It's the nicest gray I've ever seen but then I'd have to wait for a different blue board for my GMK Nautilus.

Yeah! Just email support@rama.works with your order number (or simpler, just reply to your order confirmation email) and I'll adjust the order for you! Cheers :) The Moon is definitely super nice, really happy with how the colour came out :D

Offline Muffin_Smasher

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 17:33:43 »
Rama,

Will you be using the same factory/ano source for your TKL board coming later this year?  I only ask because i am having trouble deciding on an m60 color and if i knew any of these colors would be possible on the TKL i may decide different. 

Specifically, i really like the Sage m60, however moon is sooooo good!  If moon were to be available on the TKL then that means i could get both of the colors i like.  :)

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 18:41:14 »
Rama,

Will you be using the same factory/ano source for your TKL board coming later this year?  I only ask because i am having trouble deciding on an m60 color and if i knew any of these colors would be possible on the TKL i may decide different. 

Specifically, i really like the Sage m60, however moon is sooooo good!  If moon were to be available on the TKL then that means i could get both of the colors i like.  :)
Not sure if he could answer this question due to orginative being the ones who are running the TKL but if he can I'm sure he will.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 22:06:49 »
Rama,

Hey man! Unfortunately not, the TKL will be produced through Originatives channels rather than my own - so cannot assure that they will match (although if OCO decides to go with the same colours for the M60 - the colour references will be the same) :)

We have a moon prototype of the M60 on the way right now :D

Offline ctrl

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 02:54:03 »

Team Dark Red CA66 + Moon M60-A checking in here as well! :cool:

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:47:03 »

Team Dark Red CA66 + Moon M60-A checking in here as well! :cool:

I caved and changed it to Moon. I'll definitely miss the gorgeous Lake but I don't think I've seen a gray color done so well before. GMK Nautilus shouldn't mind being on Moon :)

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:48:35 »
Wheres the real photo samples of the grey?

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:15:45 »
Are you talking about the last pic in this response? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94829.msg2583376#msg2583376

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:23:27 »
Are you talking about the last pic in this response? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94829.msg2583376#msg2583376

That's it, thanks. Almost looks black to me.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:27:46 »
is it possible to have an optional carrying case for this?

Not at this point unfortunately - but there's a lot of cool artisan made sleeves like the ones stxfreak posted!

Here are some dimensions useful for getting a sleeve made:
Show Image

Anyone see or know of some good renders of Dusk with some keysets?
Any keysets you're interested in seeing specifically? :)

There's a few on the main rama.works site (in the slideshow)

GMK PLUM
Show Image

GMK RED SAMURAI
Show Image

GMK 9009 w/ the new VIM kit
Show Image

Here's how the colour looks next to Lake:
Show Image

And next to Moon:
Show Image

In for two. So excited.

DUAL WIELD !  :eek:

Anyone see or know of some good renders of Dusk with some keysets?

i summon rama

he's been spamming renders in IC threads, so i'm sure he'll be happy to make some more

100% let me know requests!

Show Image

mmhhh the colors seem different, however the janglad render is beautiful, as well as the keyset.

KMK Labs.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:31:37 by Kerasan »

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 23:17:35 »
If only I could go for more colors, I went for moon to fit my GMK laser (kobe + blocknet), but I would love this Dusk also :3 ! First world problem I guess x)
Mateeee, that's the ultimate combo - I'd be so content with that. Very much regret not getting in on laser :(

Wait KingRama, is Moon + Laser the ultimate combo or Dusk + Laser? I need to know... for science :P

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:40:18 »
Show Image

Is the dusk color really that dark or is it more pink?  NEED TO KNOW.  If it looks like this, I'm changing my mind on color for it. 

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:44:38 »
Show Image

Is the dusk color really that dark or is it more pink?  NEED TO KNOW.  If it looks like this, I'm changing my mind on color for it. 

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94829.msg2583376#msg2583376

If only I could go for more colors, I went for moon to fit my GMK laser (kobe + blocknet), but I would love this Dusk also :3 ! First world problem I guess x)
Mateeee, that's the ultimate combo - I'd be so content with that. Very much regret not getting in on laser :(

Wait KingRama, is Moon + Laser the ultimate combo or Dusk + Laser? I need to know... for science :P

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94829.msg2583629#msg2583629

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:47:34 »

I don't understand your link or how it's relevant to my question.  :-X

I've seen those pics, but I'm curious to what Rama thinks is the ultimate combo.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 17:22:19 »

I don't understand your link or how it's relevant to my question.  :-X

I've seen those pics, but I'm curious to what Rama thinks is the ultimate combo.

I made the same misinterpretation. There was an implied "in your opinion" in your question that I didn't infer from the context. Regardless, that's a really cool link with a ton of renders.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 17:32:17 »

Like said above, it doesn't clearly state for his opinion. You could have been asking in general so I pointed you to the renders in case you haven't seen them.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 07:24:16 »

A prototype in moon is on it's way soon :D

Wait KingRama, is Moon + Laser the ultimate combo or Dusk + Laser? I need to know... for science :p

OUUFFFF tough question... I'd say Moon, but I'm a sucker for monochromes :P

Team Dark Red CA66 + Moon M60-A checking in here as well! 8)

I caved and changed it to Moon. I'll definitely miss the gorgeous Lake but I don't think I've seen a gray color done so well before. GMK Nautilus shouldn't mind being on Moon :)

GMK Nautilus on Moon <3 I will be doing this too!!  :-*

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 07:50:18 »

A prototype in moon is on it's way soon :D

Wait KingRama, is Moon + Laser the ultimate combo or Dusk + Laser? I need to know... for science :p

OUUFFFF tough question... I'd say Moon, but I'm a sucker for monochromes :P

Team Dark Red CA66 + Moon M60-A checking in here as well! 8)

Looking forward to seeing that prototype. Still unsure if i want to change the colors of my m60’s

Offline namgungh

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:55:17 »
Hey Rama :D Any update on XDA Canvas render, super excited to make order in few days!

Offline Atredl

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:19:24 »
Here are what keycap sizes you need, also some dimensions for people wanting to make sleeves/wristwrests etc:

Show Image

It's a little tough to calculate based on the this picture but what is the total height from desk to the top of the R1 GMK keycap?

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 08:05:20 »
Alright alright alright.. you guys convinced me. I changed my Kuro order to Moon. Thanks for the quick reply and update Rama!